Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
About.com comings and goings Jan 8
Topic Started: Jan 8 2013, 11:47 AM (4,780 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I think it just sucks that they continue to get the fans hopeful over character/actor returns and they barely give the characters anything to do when they are back, or if they did then a writing change screws it all up. In the end the fans are the ones who suffer and I guess the actors too, if they really are invested in their characters, and looking forward to the returns and then they get nothing out of it. I'm frankly preparing myself for the worse case scenario with my last remaining fan fave. His and Drakes tweets sound very similar and frankly Bryan going and saying that he wants us to stop just gave me a sinking feeling that he might see the writing on the wall and nothing can be done about it minus another writing change.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jan 8 2013, 04:15 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

ok but i find it really odd how on christmas he asked us to help him out then a few days later he tweeted that weird comment about the scripts..it was so criptic..didn't even felt like he was excited but more like he was shocked so it can't be good.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Poker Face
Jan 8 2013, 04:34 PM
ok but i find it really odd how on christmas he asked us to help him out then a few days later he tweeted that weird comment about the scripts..it was so criptic..didn't even felt like he was excited but more like he was shocked so it can't be good.
His tweet about the scripts made it sound like it was crap what he was reading.

Alana
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 8 2013, 03:15 PM
Shick
Jan 8 2013, 02:59 PM
... I don't want to see anymore of that bitchy hospital staffer who hates Jennifer. I'm not Team Jennifer, but that woman makes me want to be LOL.
Interesting, because your reaction supports my theory that it's the sole reason that character exists... to make you feel sympathy for poor, put-upon Jennifer.

I flove that Anne character, maybe even more because I am not supposed too, lol.

I hope Chloe and Anne can get Lucas on the anti -Dannifer board and then JJ comes back to give Dannifer the kiss of death!

But, alas, Chloe will be leaving soon and poor, poor Parker will be raised by Salem's finest. ( I need to create an anti-Dannifer "scream" asap!)

jderoche5
Member Avatar

How can I express my EXTREME dislike in the fact that TPTB are screwing with John again. He went MIA this past summer, and here we are again!!! Can we please get some writers that have actual imaginations........

Sherri Anderson are you out there?

Chelsea
Member Avatar

OMG tiic are truly pathetic. :fp2:

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

The news on Drake Hogestyn annoys me because we shouldn't be in this situation period. He is a core player in a major story that for the most part has been well received - there is no logical reason to reduce his airtime. Though, if you ask me, it sounds like About is trying to start drama. They didn't tell us anything we didn't already know... they just put things we already knew together, and ultimately made the situation sound worse.

I really have a new-found appreciation for Enid Wexler... seeing her hate on Jennifer over and over makes me all giddy inside... and I suddenly have the urge to watch Legally Blonde again. :wub:

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

annie21
Shick
... I don't want to see anymore of that bitchy hospital staffer who hates Jennifer. I'm not Team Jennifer, but that woman makes me want to be LOL.
Interesting, because your reaction supports my theory that it's the sole reason that character exists... to make you feel sympathy for poor, put-upon Jennifer.

Oh yeah for sure. Same with Chloe's return. She's "supposed" to be the big bad villain out to break up Dannifer. Everything on this show revolves around Jennifer and especially Daniel. Look at how they tried to ruin Nicole for the sake of them.

Dany_E

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 8 2013, 05:36 PM
The news on Drake Hogestyn annoys me because we shouldn't be in this situation period. He is a core player in a major story that for the most part has been well received - there is no logical reason to reduce his airtime. Though, if you ask me, it sounds like About is trying to start drama. They didn't tell us anything we didn't already know... they just put things we already knew together, and ultimately made the situation sound worse.

I really have a new-found appreciation for Enid Wexler... seeing her hate on Jennifer over and over makes me all giddy inside... and I suddenly have the urge to watch Legally Blonde again. :wub:
She was in "Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss" too with Matt Ashford. It's actually a pretty good movie starring Sean Hayes (Jack from "Will & Grace").

Might the show might be doing something like this with Drake to save money? Their contracts have episode guarantees and maybe they want to rest the bigger money stars from time to time?

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Dany_E
Jan 8 2013, 05:50 PM
NocturnalBlondie

Might the show might be doing something like this with Drake to save money? Their contracts have episode guarantees and maybe they want to rest the bigger money stars from time to time?
Knowing this show, Kristen'll be in a scene during his absence and say: "John called me this morning to yell at me."

Poker Face
Member Avatar

jderoche5
Jan 8 2013, 05:13 PM
How can I express my EXTREME dislike in the fact that TPTB are screwing with John again. He went MIA this past summer, and here we are again!!! Can we please get some writers that have actual imaginations........

Sherri Anderson are you out there?
i agree! i want writers that care to write for the vets as well and not just a few people only.

like i don't get why they are giving so much attention to the dannifer crap? and now with chloe back,more airtime for the douche.

days just never learns. :shame:

Poker Face
Member Avatar

Shick
Jan 8 2013, 05:38 PM
annie21
Shick

Oh yeah for sure. Same with Chloe's return. She's "supposed" to be the big bad villain out to break up Dannifer. Everything on this show revolves around Jennifer and especially Daniel. Look at how they tried to ruin Nicole for the sake of them.
I hated that! and it got worse not only Nicole was used to prop Dannifer they shoved her back to Rafe another loser.

I want her back with either Brady or Eric.

destinyrules
Member Avatar

Well, at least this time no car runs him over, so I have a bit more hope, but this sucks!
Edited by destinyrules, Jan 8 2013, 06:54 PM.

annie21

Dany_E
Jan 8 2013, 05:50 PM
NocturnalBlondie

She was in "Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss" too with Matt Ashford. It's actually a pretty good movie starring Sean Hayes (Jack from "Will & Grace").

I seriously doubt Drake makes more per episode than the 3-5 actors who currently get the most airtime on the show.

niki

Whether he is or isn't off for a couple of weeks and then back isn't what is annoying me. It's that a) John would NEVER leave town when his family was in trouble b) he would NEVER leave Marlena for what in their history amounts to next to nothing and c) the fact the writers are ditching him from a story that is about him makes zero sense. The writers - who correct me if I'm wrong here are the same who gave J&M the 5 sec goodbye and left him a quadriplegic - seem to have little understanding for his character, as evidenced by the crazy way they've had him act since Kristen's return.

I understand the need for writers to rile fans. It keeps them interested and yes, there have been plenty of OOC moments for J&M over the years (Alex North anyone?) BUT I do not understand how they can't get the line between rile and enrage? Why would you go out of your way to annoy your fans in this manner? They could just as easily given John the time off if they wanted a 'break' from him by having him investigate off screen. But to make him do it in such an OOC way is just plain insulting to long-time viewers.

On another - but similar - note...can anyone tell me if people have responded to Drake's tweet to bug TPTB? I don't use twitter so I don't know but judging from the responses on this board there hasn't exactly been much reaction...no planned 'twitterbombs' or the like so it's hard for me to see if anything is/was being done. Just curious if he got some response.

destinyrules
Member Avatar

niki
Jan 8 2013, 07:34 PM
On another - but similar - note...can anyone tell me if people have responded to Drake's tweet to bug TPTB? I don't use twitter so I don't know but judging from the responses on this board there hasn't exactly been much reaction...no planned 'twitterbombs' or the like so it's hard for me to see if anything is/was being done. Just curious if he got some response.
Oh, yeah we have responded. Maybe no planned twitterbombs, but we have responded. In spades.

Poker Face
Member Avatar

niki
Jan 8 2013, 07:34 PM
Whether he is or isn't off for a couple of weeks and then back isn't what is annoying me. It's that a) John would NEVER leave town when his family was in trouble b) he would NEVER leave Marlena for what in their history amounts to next to nothing and c) the fact the writers are ditching him from a story that is about him makes zero sense. The writers - who correct me if I'm wrong here are the same who gave J&M the 5 sec goodbye and left him a quadriplegic - seem to have little understanding for his character, as evidenced by the crazy way they've had him act since Kristen's return.

I understand the need for writers to rile fans. It keeps them interested and yes, there have been plenty of OOC moments for J&M over the years (Alex North anyone?) BUT I do not understand how they can't get the line between rile and enrage? Why would you go out of your way to annoy your fans in this manner? They could just as easily given John the time off if they wanted a 'break' from him by having him investigate off screen. But to make him do it in such an OOC way is just plain insulting to long-time viewers.

me and my friends we tweet nbc constantly. we don't plan any twitter bombs because we are not sure if nbc will take it well. And after Bryan's tweet,well that caused major drama that nbc had to block/ignore all those angry tweets. I'm always nice and polite when Italk about Drake and Deidre,it's not easy but for their sake I behave bc i don't want them to get into trouble just for venting about the show.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

So wait.

GH gets back their precious Laura on top of other returns (oh, and they won't have to wait 6 months after the announcement to see her either, I bet), and we have another actor on Twitter trying to drum up support for continued airtime?

I know not all is sunshine and rainbows in GH-land, but...damn. That feels really unfair. Why them GH people get all the nice stuff and we get, like, Kristen with Brady and John and Bo randomly wandering about somewhere off-screen while Daniel skulks about on screen looking constipated/confused/bored?
Edited by px780, Jan 8 2013, 09:20 PM.

Will&Sonny

lysie
Jan 8 2013, 11:59 AM
None of this makes sense to me. If he's only gone a few weeks, he's already back. We know he's back because there has been at least one pic on set with him. And why would Drake wait until now to ask for support when he filmed John leaving town three months ago?
This is just my interpretation, but I think that Drake sent that "NOW is the time..." tweet out because he knew that John would soon be off-screen for a certain period of time. As six seemed to be alluding to (if I'm reading their posts correctly), Drake wanted the fans to make their opinions known if they didn't like a John-free Salem, so that it wouldn't happen again in the future.

What's more effective -- complaining about a lack of airtime for John when he's being seen on-screen several times a week, or complaining about a lack of airtime for John when he's actually getting little or no airtime? I'd guess the latter, although both scenarios are probably equally futile, I'm afraid. And, of course, if Drake wanted fans to complain when he was off-screen, one would have assumed that he would have sent out a similar tweet when he was off-screen this summer, before Eileen Davidson started airing...but maybe he was more confident at that time because he viewed Kristen's return as job security. :shrug:

In any case, I think that his tweet might have been intended as more of a glimpse into the future -- "This is only temporary right now, but it could happen again at any time, so it's a perfect opportunity to speak up!" -- as opposed to being a hint about him being written out again in March or April.

But I could be, and probably am, entirely wrong.

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

Resting a highly popular character that is involved in an ongoing story, hmm, yeah, that makes sense. :drunk: If they were writing John with a brain from the get go, no rest would be required. I never thought I`d see John walk out on Marlena, and over Kristen, no less. :moon:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply