Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday January 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 8 2013, 12:46 PM (7,527 Views)
PatNS
Member Avatar

WOW Philip's visit was so quick we didn't even get to see a blur as he passed through town!

I guess this is suppose to be angst for Jen and Dan but I just don't see it that way maybe because I really don't care. It's too soon for a relationship between Dan and Jen anyway so manufactured angst doesn't make me forget that Jack just died a few short months ago. I did enjoy seeing Stephanie in the flashback scenes though.

And how did the "ghost" aka Chad know enough to follow Cameron to the hospital??? Plot, plot, plot instead of solid writing that actually makes sense.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

PatNS
Jan 8 2013, 02:34 PM
And how did the "ghost" aka Chad know enough to follow Cameron to the hospital??? Plot, plot, plot instead of solid writing that actually makes sense.

ICAM!! Talk about lazy writing. :rolleyes:

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

What? Philip was on the show today? .. man,.. why can't he stay?

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

DocandJohn4ever
Jan 8 2013, 02:26 PM
here's a preview for anybody who hasn't seen it yet

I know I'm evil, but I busted a gut laughing when Jennifer fell! How lame was that? I'm sorry, but when the hell was Daniel torn up over losing Parker? He couldn't wait to unload Parker and Chloe as soon as he heard that he was not the father, and showed no concern for Parker's well being when mentally unstable Chloe nearly killed herself. He hasn't mentioned that boy's name in 2 years but now I'm supposed to believe that he loved him so much and was so devastated? BS! Immediately after tossing Chloe and a newborn baby out on their asses he was lusting after Jennifer. I was watching every episode back when this happened and I clearly remember Daniel being cold and unfeeling to both Chloe and Parker after the paternity reveal.

jb1183

Hologram
Jan 8 2013, 03:14 PM
Unfortunately Phillip was offscreen saying goodbye to Parker.By far the most interesting and dramatic aspect of this entire story and we don't even get to see it. And that's because, for Tomsell, this story isn't about Phillip. Or Chloe. IT'S ALL ABOUT DANIEL. EVERYTHING IS ABOUT DANIEL.

concerned
Member Avatar

jb1183
Jan 8 2013, 03:21 PM
Hologram
Jan 8 2013, 03:14 PM
Unfortunately Phillip was offscreen saying goodbye to Parker.By far the most interesting and dramatic aspect of this entire story and we don't even get to see it. And that's because, for Tomsell, this story isn't about Phillip. Or Chloe. IT'S ALL ABOUT DANIEL. EVERYTHING IS ABOUT DANIEL.
On a plus side he did get a chance to catch up for coffee with his brother Bo. (or is he still visiting Belle and SHawn)

It's Ok now in my head I am picturing Belle comforting Phillip over the loss of his child. (Nice pictures)
Edited by concerned, Jan 8 2013, 03:25 PM.

bomber
Member Avatar

PatNS
WOW Philip's visit was so quick we didn't even get to see a blur as he passed through town!

I guess this is suppose to be angst for Jen and Dan but I just don't see it that way maybe because I really don't care. It's too soon for a relationship between Dan and Jen anyway so manufactured angst doesn't make me forget that Jack just died a few short months ago. I did enjoy seeing Stephanie in the flashback scenes though.

ITA. If the writers are that determined on Dannifer a better way to create angst would have been a genuinely grieving Jen (don't laugh) struggling with the guilt of letting Jack die while gradually realising she still had feelings for Dan, instigating more guilt. I still would have hated the s/l but non-Jack lovers would have probably liked it. Instead we have her basically saying that she is entitled to forget about Jack immediately and anyone who dares remind her of his passing is in the wrong (Nicole, Lucas and Chloe). Given how badly her treatment of Jack during PTSD was received, i would have thought the writers would try to make her more sympathetic this time but they are in such a rush to pick up plotlines where they left off, characters are forgotten

nolagirl
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Jan 8 2013, 03:17 PM
DocandJohn4ever
Jan 8 2013, 02:26 PM
here's a preview for anybody who hasn't seen it yet

I know I'm evil, but I busted a gut laughing when Jennifer fell! How lame was that? I'm sorry, but when the hell was Daniel torn up over losing Parker? He couldn't wait to unload Parker and Chloe as soon as he heard that he was not the father, and showed no concern for Parker's well being when mentally unstable Chloe nearly killed herself. He hasn't mentioned that boy's name in 2 years but now I'm supposed to believe that he loved him so much and was so devastated? BS! Immediately after tossing Chloe and a newborn baby out on their asses he was lusting after Jennifer. I was watching every episode back when this happened and I clearly remember Daniel being cold and unfeeling to both Chloe and Parker after the paternity reveal.
Day's way of trying to reinvent the way a storyline really was, if they say it enough than we the viewers are to stupid to remember it correctly and take their version of events. All their attempts to redeem Dr. Douche have backfired on them and now it's Chloe's turn at bat I know actors need paychecks but can't beleive NB came back for this hypocritical BS.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Even though they wrote a few nods to Phillips grief (with him off screen) - they also had Chloe smugly saying "He never really thought Parker was his son" - which is not only bullshit, it's just nasty, hateful writing. It certainly doesn't make me jump up and down to root for Daniel. It does the opposite. And I seriously don't understand the point of making two year old Parker Daniel's kid and how that's supposed to make Dannifer less awful.

I did laugh when Jennifer fell and said "Karma" to myself.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 8 2013, 03:42 PM
Even though they wrote a few nods to Phillips grief (with him off screen) - they also had Chloe smugly saying "He never really thought Parker was his son" - which is not only bullshit, it's just nasty, hateful writing. It certainly doesn't make me jump up and down to root for Daniel. It does the opposite. And I seriously don't understand the point of making two year old Parker Daniel's kid and how that's supposed to make Dannifer less awful.

Phillip never really thought that Parker was his son?? Yet he raised him for 2 effing years? Let me get this straight, Phillip never thought Parker was his so instead of getting a new DNA test ASAP, he proceeds to bond with and raise him as his own until one day he just up and decides to get that pesky DNA test? These writers are the most lazy, spiteful, incompetent hacks ever!

concerned
Member Avatar

PatNS

I thought from a breakdown i read of todays show that:
they discuss when Nick came back to town at Nick's bachelor party at common grounds. Chad mentions it was September 10 (not sure why he is there serving coffee i guess)
Cameron for some reason is there he obviously clicks that that date is not compatible with Gabi's conception date.
Chad being astute for once notices Cameron's discomfort at the time and decides to follow him and investigate further.

concerned
Member Avatar

The Powers that be are in complete La La land.

You have a guy that the majority of the audience dislikes (IMO). For some reason despite this you want him to be a leading man romantic hero.
You piss off one half of the audience by killing off a much loved character so that he can take his place.
You piss off another third of the audience by taking a child away from another character many people adore for him.

I'm just wondering how they are going to complete the trifecta - is he going to start shagging Hope, run over Theo, or accidentally kill Lucas.

If they want us to love him here's an idea have him diagnose Gabi with a terminal illness. (and not shag her while he's treating her).

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

lmfao at Jen taking a spill.....

Honeybees
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 8 2013, 03:54 PM
PatNS

I thought from a breakdown i read of todays show that:
they discuss when Nick came back to town at Nick's bachelor party at common grounds. Chad mentions it was September 10 (not sure why he is there serving coffee i guess)
Cameron for some reason is there he obviously clicks that that date is not compatible with Gabi's conception date.
Chad being astute for once notices Cameron's discomfort at the time and decides to follow him and investigate further.
Cameron must be the worst poker player ever because Will also figured out that Cameron figured out Nick wasn't the father. I do enjoy the rare moments when soap characters are astute. Today both Will and Chad were, albeit for plot purposes.

concerned
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Jan 8 2013, 03:49 PM
Honeybees

Phillip never really thought that Parker was his son?? Yet he raised him for 2 effing years? Let me get this straight, Phillip never thought Parker was his so instead of getting a new DNA test ASAP, he proceeds to bond with and raise him as his own until one day he just up and decides to get that pesky DNA test? These writers are the most lazy, spiteful, incompetent hacks ever!
Ian Stephanie's computer friend with the crush on her became a drug addict and as part of his recovery program sent her a letter explaining that he changed the test results to show Phillip was the father so he would have a chance with her rather than Nathan.
Stephanie let Chloe and Phillip know what happened then they got the DNA test.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 8 2013, 04:24 PM
JDeveraux_91
Honeybees

Ian Stephanie's computer friend with the crush on her became a drug addict and as part of his recovery program sent her a letter explaining that he changed the test results to show Phillip was the father so he would have a chance with her rather than Nathan.
I get that, but it still doesn't justify the ridiculous line of Phillip never believing Parker was his. Obviously, he believed that Parker was his until they got this news from Stephanie. Why have Chloe say something like that? Other than to have Phillip (and every other damn character) look like a bad guy to Saint Daniel.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Jan 8 2013, 04:29 PM
concerned
JDeveraux_91
Honeybees

I get that, but it still doesn't justify the ridiculous line of Phillip never believing Parker was his. Obviously, he believed that Parker was his until they got this news from Stephanie. Why have Chloe say something like that? Other than to have Phillip (and every other damn character) look like a bad guy to Saint Daniel.
I definitely thought Chloe's line about Phillip never really thinking Parker was his was supposed to soften the blow and make us all be happy, happy, happy Parker is Daniel's. As opposed to being very sad for a legacy character like Phillip who is still beloved even though he is offscreen. It had the opposite effect on me.
Edited by Honeybees, Jan 8 2013, 04:38 PM.

camera shy

And where was Chloe's concern for Parker for losing the man he thought of as his daddy? She wasn't even torn about the situation, she was on Team DIrty Dan all the way.
Edited by camera shy, Jan 8 2013, 04:51 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 8 2013, 04:37 PM
JDeveraux_91
Jan 8 2013, 04:29 PM
concerned
JDeveraux_91

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I definitely thought Chloe's line about Phillip never really thinking Parker was his was supposed to soften the blow and make us all be happy, happy, happy Parker is Daniel's. As opposed to being very sad for a legacy character like Phillip who is still beloved even though he is offscreen. It had the opposite effect on me.
I agree with you. I just got done watching the scenes and that's how it came off to me. Another legacy character with tons of history gets something taken away from them and given to Doc Sleaze and we are all supposed to be happy about it. :shame:

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

For your enjoyment:

Posted Image

Credit goes to @RKOBlackSwan on Twitter

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply