Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday January 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 8 2013, 12:46 PM (7,584 Views)
OliveAnn

I've said it once, but I'll say it again: the show completely missed the boat by not asking JKJ and Shelley Hennig back. Everything would've worked so much better if we had seen Philip say goodbye to Parker. Those scenes would have been gold.

I know getting Tyler Blackburn back would have been impossible, but why not hire a recast just for this storyline? Why couldn't have Ian come to Stephanie and fessed up, instead of writing a letter and then Stephanie informing everyone off-screen? I actually went back and rewatched some Ian/Stephanie scenes. Apparently, Ian and Stephanie owned each other some favors. What if one of the favors for Ian was getting some drugs for him? I know, doesn't sound plausible and it's far from what we saw Stephanie do in college, but rewriting history is something this show is good at, so why not? She already feels guilty because they guy committed a crime for her.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I must say, it would've been amazing to have Lucas and Billie high-fiving after he says "oh my god"!

jb1183

OliveAnn
Jan 8 2013, 05:10 PM
I've said it once, but I'll say it again: the show completely missed the boat by not asking JKJ and Shelley Hennig back. Everything would've worked so much better if we had seen Philip say goodbye to Parker. Those scenes would have been gold.

I know getting Tyler Blackburn back would have been impossible, but why not hire a recast just for this storyline? Why couldn't have Ian come to Stephanie and fessed up, instead of writing a letter and then Stephanie informing everyone off-screen? I actually went back and rewatched some Ian/Stephanie scenes. Apparently, Ian and Stephanie owned each other some favors. What if one of the favors for Ian was getting some drugs for him? I know, doesn't sound plausible and it's far from what we saw Stephanie do in college, but rewriting history is something this show is good at, so why not? She already feels guilty because they guy committed a crime for her.
You are completely right. This story could potentially have worked if JKJ and SH were back for it. JKJ would have killed Phillip's goodbye scenes. But it's clear the writers aren't interested in telling the story right. They aren't interested in portraying Phillip's pain or Stephanie's guilt or acknowledging that Chloe SHOULD feel conflicted about this situation. All they're interested in is Daniel getting everything he wants handed to him on a silver plate like he always does. It's disgusting how many legacy characters have been sacrificed or thrown under the bus in the quest to prop the almighty Dr. Jonas. Nothing surprises me in that regard anymore, but it continues to infuriate me.

As a longtime Phloe fan, taking their baby away breaks my heart. That kills any hope I had for a Phloe endgame.

Alana
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 8 2013, 05:08 PM
For your enjoyment:

Posted Image

Credit goes to @RKOBlackSwan on Twitter
Bwahahahahaha...thanks so much! I am SOOOOO curious to see which part of her delicious body went over the Jordan this time, lol. <insert sarcasm>

Everything left to say is said by my version of Parker in my signature...the "scream"!!

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

So finally watching today's show. Let me get this shit straight. They couldn't be bothered to ask Jay back for a few days to film scenes with John?? Or better yet have him come back for a few months like Nadia did? Tomlin has his head so far up Shawn Christian's ass that he just can't see how sloppy this looks or how much better it would have been if Philip had been around for this storyline. Not offscreen while in fucking Salem. :flipoff:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jan 8 2013, 05:43 PM.

4vrejami

i'm surprised the writers did a good job with writing Parker as Daniel's kid. that actually made sense. It seems like Parker was always eventually going to end up Dr.sleazebag's.

I love chloe but and I did like Danloe at one point, but I just can't stand Daniel any longer. Plus There's really no point in getting invested in danloe again when the story is about dannifer :puke:.
I hate that chloe gets thrown under the bus again for that sleazebag. she deserves better.

4vrejami

NocturnalBlondie
For your enjoyment:

Posted Image

too bad she doesn't die.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

When the hell did Chloe and Lucas get married? More rewritten history...

Dany_E

4vrejami
Jan 8 2013, 05:45 PM
NocturnalBlondie
For your enjoyment:

Posted Image

too bad she doesn't die.
She would have if she were Jack.

4vrejami

Dany_E
Jan 8 2013, 05:51 PM
4vrejami
Jan 8 2013, 05:45 PM
NocturnalBlondie
For your enjoyment:

Posted Image

too bad she doesn't die.
She would have if she were Jack.
i'll never get why the writers decided to off jack instead of jennifer.
they killed off the wrong character.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Ugh they said that? I haven't watched yet. But WTF? Wasn't Tomlin EP when they clearly never got married? Fail.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 8 2013, 06:03 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Ugh they said that? I haven't watched yet. But WTF? Wasn't Tomlin EP when they clearly never got married? Fail.
Yep. Lucas said it. You would think Tomlin would remember what he wrote.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

NocturnalBlondie
LanaluvsBroe
Chloe and Lucas did get married

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 8 2013, 06:07 PM
NocturnalBlondie
LanaluvsBroe
LOL really? I only remember them being engaged.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 8 2013, 06:08 PM
LuvingLumi
NocturnalBlondie
LanaluvsBroe
Nope... They made it to Vegas I believe and got hitched... Truly low point in my Days viewing, lol

jaygal
Member Avatar

Lucas and ~Chloe had a Vegas wedding which Kate tried to crash

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 8 2013, 06:10 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Jan 8 2013, 06:08 PM
LuvingLumi
NocturnalBlondie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Nope... They made it to Vegas I believe and got hitched... Truly low point in my Days viewing, lol
WTF??? :blink:

I'M TOO YOUNG TO BE SENILE!!! Lol.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I nearly fell off the couch when I saw Stephanie and Ian on the screen in a flashback. I always thought she would be interesting with Nick...

Daniel and Chloe was rather awkward in trying to explain and hate Kayla being used for exposition and "apologize" for her daughter. Whatever.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Was the Chloe/Lucas wedding off-screen? I am seriously baffled as to how I wouldn't remember this. Lol.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

They married on March 17 2009 it was annulled in October 2009, according to Who's Who In Salem.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply