Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday January 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 8 2013, 12:46 PM (7,351 Views)
am103
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Jan 8 2013, 06:50 PM
They married on March 17 2009 it was annulled in October 2009, according to Who's Who In Salem.
That's accurate. If I remember correctly, Daniel and Chloe were engaged at that time (October 2009) but Chloe refused to have sex with him until her marriage to Lucas was officially annulled (back when Chloe was going through her religious streak). I'm pretty sure they threw a couple Chloe/Father Matt scenes somewhere in there too, lol. He was her best friend in 2009.
Edited by am103, Jan 8 2013, 07:08 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 8 2013, 06:12 PM
LuvingLumi
Jan 8 2013, 06:10 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Jan 8 2013, 06:08 PM
LuvingLumi
Jan 8 2013, 06:07 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
LOL really? I only remember them being engaged.
Nope... They made it to Vegas I believe and got hitched... Truly low point in my Days viewing, lol
WTF??? :blink:

I'M TOO YOUNG TO BE SENILE!!! Lol.
Makes 2 of us! :blink:

concerned
Member Avatar

It appears as if the overuse of annullments is as blatant as the overuse of paternity tests.

On what grounds was the marriage annulled?
Changing your mind should be a divorce not an anullment.

Was her marriage to Brady anulled too ? If not what would be the purpose of having the Lucas marriage annulled if she had already been married before the eyes of the lord.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Couldn't even watch the whole episode. Pure crap.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Who in their right mind thought Billie should wear that coat she was sporting today? It looks like someone gutted a sleeping bag, added sleeves to it and retained the zipper so that it extends two feet above her head. The damn thing looks like it has spouted wings and is ready to fly off at a moment's notice. I seldom pay much attention to the clothing worn on this show unless someone looks stunning or exceptionally good; but I don't think I have ever seen something so hideous on this show that wasn;t intended to be so ugly. Thankfully Lisa Rinna is leaving the show at the end of the month so I hope I never have to see that thing again (the coat, that is).

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Delete
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Jan 8 2013, 07:12 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jan 8 2013, 07:09 PM
Who in their right mind thought Billie should wear that coat she was sporting today? It looks like someone gutted a sleeping bag, added sleeves to it and retained the zipper so that it extends two feet above her head. The damn thing looks like it has spouted wings and is ready to fly off at a moment's notice. I seldom pay much attention to the clothing worn on this show unless someone looks stunning or exceptionally good; but I don't think I have ever seen something so hideous on this show that wasn;t intended to be so ugly. Thankfully Lisa Rinna is leaving the show at the end of the month so I hope I never have to see that thing again (the coat, that is).
Who in their right mind thought giving Lisa Rinna an acting part was a good idea. I concede by this point in time I wouldn't blame her for phoning it in but surely she wants to look vaguely professional.
I've seen more convincing school plays. Her input just mocks the very existence of the show.

concerned
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 8 2013, 07:05 PM
It appears as if the overuse of annulments is as blatant as the overuse of paternity tests.

On what grounds was the marriage annulled?
Changing your mind should be a divorce not an anulment.

Was her marriage to Brady anulled too ? If not what would be the purpose of having the Lucas marriage annulled if she had already been married before the eyes of the lord.
Have now researched.

Reasons a marriage can be annulled.
Consanguinity
Insanity precluding ability to consent
Not intending, when marrying, to remain faithful to the spouse (simulation of consent)
One partner had been deceived by the other in order to obtain consent, and if the partner had been aware of the truth, would not have consented to marry
Abduction of a person, with the intent to compel them to marry (known as raptus), constitutes an impediment as long as they remain in the kidnapper's power.
Failure to adhere to requirements of canon law for marriages, such as clandestinity
Killed the spouse of one of them in order to be free to marry.
The spouse committed adultery.
The couple were under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the marriage.
The union was not consummated

So I am assuming it was number 3. Simulation of consent.

Harmony233

you know what i found weird that everyone of lucas's marriages were annulled lol and allie was born while sami/lucas were still married so how in the world could there marriage be annulled instead of divorced lol

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Although beautiful, Nadia Bjorlin is such a terrible actress. Please turn Chloe back into the diva that returned in 2007. Or turn her back to Ghoul Girl. Those two time periods have been the only time Bjorlin has been able to handle the writing and showcase some sort of acting talent.

I was really surprised to see the Stephanie and Ian flashbacks today since Hennig is no longer on the show. Don't see that much, especially on DAYS. Same with Philip returning. It was kind of lame to have Philip be off-screen (like Bo at the moment), but I guess I have to give Tomlin/Whitesell credit to have Philip "in Salem" rather than out of town dealing with the news. At least they can say Philip was around family while dealing with losing Parker as a son, even if we never get to see him. Caught by surprise from both aspects today. I liked it.

My Parker has grown!

Remember when moments like a father (or mother) being reunited with his son were impacting? I felt nothing when Parker ran into Daniel's arms. Absolutely nothing. And it has nothing to do with the character being unpopular. I don't hate Daniel like everyone else does. I felt nothing because this "twist" literally came out of nowhere. I'm not even against the idea, like I've said before. I kind of like Parker being Daniel's son. However, you can't throw one episode at us of Kate and Daniel discussing Parker and call it "build-up." There was no lead-in to Daniel being Parker's father and it showed in that last scene. What should've been an emotional moment could be compared to one of the characters walking into the Brady Pub. It just meant nothing.

So Maggie's a grandmother. Yay. :sarcasm:

Even though Rinna's entire return has been pointless, I'm glad to see Billie and Jennifer's friendship showcased again. The same thing can be said about Lucas and Jennifer. Dattilo isn't being given anything meaningful, but I do appreciate his involvement in his sister's story.

A bachelor party at a coffee shop has to be the lamest idea I ever heard. At least close the coffee shop to the public and have alcohol for the guys to drink. Strippers. Anything.

I always like the angle of someone, unbeknownst to the viewers, overhearing a secret.

blueskies
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jan 8 2013, 07:09 PM
i'll be honest, i only ever see lips when i see Billie, so whatever she wore didn't phase me, lol.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

*sigh* Kristen-less days are a snooze!

AFaithL

DrewHamilton, I agree! Bjorlin is a bad actress! And this is coming from someone who liked Danloe once upon a time!

Honeybees
Member Avatar

On a minor note, Wilson have settled into a nice couple chemistry, although they seem like a couple that has been together for years rather than months. It's going to be sad when they break up over the Wabi baby secret.

AFaithL

Cameron may be pointless....but he sure is nice to look at!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 8 2013, 08:16 PM
On a minor note, Wilson have settled into a nice couple chemistry, although they seem like a couple that has been together for years rather than months. It's going to be sad when they break up over the Wabi baby secret.
I agree. I never saw any chemistry between the two, but lately, they have me sold.

Random note: I just now realized that your avi is Will and Sonny as cartoons. Never noticed that before.

blueskies
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 8 2013, 08:28 PM
Cameron may be pointless....but he sure is nice to look at!
yeah, i can accept this version of Cameron, even if the character himself is completely contrived, and truly he's little more than an extra on screen.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 8 2013, 08:29 PM
Honeybees
Jan 8 2013, 08:16 PM
I agree. I never saw any chemistry between the two, but lately, they have me sold.

Random note: I just now realized that your avi is Will and Sonny as cartoons. Never noticed that before.
I never really got a sense that Wilson were dying to rip each other's clothes off and/or couldn't keep their hands off each other (something I saw in both Nuke and Lure at various times on ATWT) but I do get a sense that Wilson are very close and really enjoy one another's company.

Yes, my avi is cartoon Wilson. :)

AFaithL

Will looked like Prince William today (with his sweater/shirt combo). Such a cutie.

I feel sorry for Lisa Rinna. What a waste.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Maggie/Victor - I found these scenes nice. I liked how Suzanne played it. She looked good today, too. I much prefer her with straightened hair. She looks great with it. Poor Victor though. I love the kid who plays Parker. I remember him on Dexter and Last Man Standing.

Jennifer/Lucas/Billie - Poor Bryan Dattilo and Lisa Rinna. Glorified extras. Jennifer was so annoying. I wish one of them would have told her to shut up about Daniel. Every other word out of her mouth is his name. Damn woman. Obsessive much? I wish they'd actually explore this obsession Jennifer has with this man. Lucas was great as always. I LOVED Jenn falling over that box. LMAO.

Daniel/Chloe/Kayla - Shawn Christian cannot act. Seriously. He was terrible as always. The whispering, the heavy breathing, the sighing ... oh my God. Nadia looked bored out of her mind already. At least Mary Beth Evans acted with what little she had. I saw more emotion out of her than either Nadia or Shawn. I liked the flashbacks of Stephanie and Ian. I miss Shelley and Stephanie, actually.

Will/Sonny - I liked the bowtie scene. I just wish they had a better storyline. It is nice to see Sonny have a little bit more personality (the hate for Gabi). I want more though.

Nick/Gabi - I wish I could care about Gabi. I should have actually given a damn with her worrying about her mother and I just didn't. I'm still not sure about Nick. The writing is so on-again, off-again, with him, depending on who he is with. I liked him with Maggie and I actually think I like him with Gabi (yeah, I know ...) but the writing isn't there for him.

Chad/Cameron - Blah. New Cameron is so boring. I hope we see more of him. I want to say he COULD have potential. It's too bad Chad and Cameron are only sharing scenes because of the insta-triangle between Chad/Cameron/Abby. Everything is just so slapped together for the sake of the "stakes being raised" for this wedding reveal. Hard to invest in that.

The potential is so here. Sigh.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply