Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday January 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 8 2013, 12:46 PM (7,616 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 9 2013, 10:46 AM
Partnersincrime
Jan 9 2013, 02:06 AM
NocturnalBlondie
Jan 8 2013, 06:36 PM
Was the Chloe/Lucas wedding off-screen? I am seriously baffled as to how I wouldn't remember this. Lol.
In way yes we saw them going to office in vegas chloe in wedding dress and lucas in suit but the real wedding we saw when kate show up to the office and see in dvd lucas and chloe saying i do to eachother i can upload it if you want me too and see it was my not imagination
Posted Image
they had way more airtime in the episode of daniel Fantasy marring chloe in church

btw lucas thought eloping is bad idea but than daniel told will be idiot if does not listen to chloe you can see it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd7sucRuhA8
Thanks! I believe you guys... lol I'm just still confused as to how I missed this. I did hate Lucas and Chloe... repressed memory? :P
Perhaps since stuff like wedding tend to drag for few episodes while lucas and chloe was only one episodes

wedding tend to involved more than few people while lucas and chloe wedding purely used for daniel and chloe angst there noboady on lucas side had effect about lucas aside from from kate which even without lucas she would be piss on daniel and chloe because she realize daniel started when kate still dated daniel
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Just a couple of observations about yesterday's show...

nu-Cameron does seem to be an improvement over old Cameron. At least so far. His chin isn't nearly as distracting.

I don't understand why they didn't kill off Mama Hernandez ages ago. And if they don't plan to kill her off, they need to bring her on to the canvas. It's just stupid that we get constant references to this woman and have never seen her. Did Sami ever meet her in all the time she and Rafe have known one another? Did Brady while he was dating and about to marry Arianna? Given that she allowed her high school student daughter to leave home and go live by herself in a room over a pub I'd say it's a little hard to feel any sympathy for this woman if she's going to be shocked at Gabi's plans at the moment.

I don't hate Jennifer...and I don't despise Dannifer (although I like them less and less as the story clomps along)...but I have a hard time looking at Chloe, then looking at Jennifer, and thinking Daniel is going to be the least bit torn in this triangle. I mean...really??? Even if Jennifer finally finds a miracle salon that can actually do something with the greyed out straw on her head it can't possibly be enough. Daniel is just not that good of a guy. Few are.

The bachelor party was awkward. And I know it was supposed to be. But I feel like it was awkward for reasons that weren't really intended.

Parker is one super tall just turned 2 year old. Either that or my grandson is a Hobbit. At least he's adorable, though. (that applies to both Parker and my grandson)

Referencing Philip being there and not showing him on screen was just stupid. And then having Daniel go marching in to lay claim to Parker without clarifying that everyone knew Philip had already left was stupider. And Maggie not figuring out that she was Parker's grandmother? Give me a break.

AHM

james0479
Jan 9 2013, 01:30 AM
I hate Daniel.
I hate that he's on the show. I hate that better things have been lost or ruined for his benefit. I find him uninteresting, but I don't think I can quite hate him, as I just don't care about him that much.

Now, Jennifer, on the other hand, I'm hating. I hate Jennifer. I hate that I hate Jennifer.

Weird that a story that could have been some real drama for Philip and Chloe is just being used to give Dan/Jen story, as Dan/Jen are incapable of being interesting by themselves.

onceinalifetime
Member Avatar

It seems to me that tptb are trying to redeem daniel with this lastest Dannifer "angst". They know how daniel is perceived by the viewers and are trying to redeem him by having him stay committed to jennifer even though parker is really his child and chloe wants him back. The "old" daniel would be sexing it up in no time with chloe but the new "redeemed" daniel will remain true to jennifer. That is supposed to show us that he has truly changed and what a great guy he now is.

Definitely not buying it and never will.

I saw a well written redemption storyline once....

lysie
Member Avatar

Nothing about this story screams or even whispers "daniel's redemption" to me. I don't think they think he needs redeeming. I don't really disagree with that.

OliveAnn

Trivia time: what was Ian's original last name? Yes, that, too, is a rewrite.

Answer at 10:40

onceinalifetime
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 9 2013, 12:36 PM
Nothing about this story screams or even whispers "daniel's redemption" to me. I don't think they think he needs redeeming. I don't really disagree with that.
I think tptb are trying to show us that daniel can remain true to a woman in the face of a hot looking ex looking to get him back AND presenting him with a son, so they can all be one happy family like they used to be.

I don't know if redemption story is the right term but they are trying to make dan look like less of a sleeze.

concerned
Member Avatar

Somehow they managed to take all the most interesting parts of the Parker paternity reveal and play them offscreen.
The little bit of excitement that was left managed to get mangled by SC's super relaxed languid ponderous character stylings.

But at least now we have a model for the end of the Ramivis triangle.

Sami at pub talking on phone.. comes back to chat to Caroline.
Sami: Yes that was EJ, I told him that Rafe really was the man I wanted to be with so we decided that it's probably best if we don't work together anymore. Now I need to look for a new job.
Caroline: But I can't look after Carrie and Eric.
Sami: It's Ok Grandma EJ has offered to look after Sydney and Johnny until I find something.
Edited by concerned, Jan 9 2013, 04:25 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

I am just pissed I didn't see Jennifer trip over the box. Going on YouTube to find it. She sounds kind of demented in this episode, perhaps it read worse than it looked on screen but I doubt it. Can anyone say "obsessed"?

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed this episode, after getting kind of bored the last few weeks. I'm glad there's something new happening with the Chloe story, and the lame-o bachelor party was lame on purpose. They did a good job with the Parker backstory, too.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Shows how stupid DAYS is right now. 2 characters that should be on the show now are NOT. Where's Phillip? He should be a big focus in the paternity of Parker. They should've brought back Jay Kenneth Johnson, if he wouldn't come back, then Kyle Brandt or recast! Also it's damn time to cast Gabi & Rafe's mother! I'd cast Saundra Santiago (ex-Carlotta, OLTL, ex-Carmen, GL), Wanda de Jesus (ex-Santana, SB, ex-Mayor, AMC), Gina Gallego(ex-Santana, SB) or Socorro Santiago (ex-Isabella, AMC).

PhilipCanDoBetter
Member Avatar

I'm late on this but I love the Stephanie flashback. Show that Days somewhat care for the character. Haha!
Edited by PhilipCanDoBetter, Jan 16 2013, 12:18 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply