Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deception
Topic Started: Jan 9 2013, 03:14 AM (2,047 Views)
Alin89
Member Avatar

Discuss the show here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

so far i really liked it.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I really wanted to hate it because I have too many shows coming up but damn it hooked me. It was soapy and mysterious - my tv kryptonite.

After that clusterfuck of shittery called Revenge, one would would think I should know better than trusting network TV soaps (and a NBC one to boot...)

Checkers
Member Avatar

I really loved it. I need to know everything! So many secrets.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm waiting until I see the ratings for the second episode before spending the time to check this show out....but I'm really anxious.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I loved the way they did the flashbacks in that they weren't full flashbacks, but merely snippits that told you just enough to understand a character's relationship to another. Oh! And I can't believe I didn't see it coming that the youngest daughter was actually the dead girl's daughter. That actually surprised me and made me mad that I didn't guess that already. I guess it's because I just can't fathom that Bree Williamson would be old enough to have a teen-aged daughter. lol
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

The surprise daughter reveal shocked me. The hints were there but still. I'm curious about her relationship with her brothers and father. Julian seems very protective of the "little sister." Hmm....

The cinematography is gorgeous. Love the old WASPy mansion.

cyndabell

I enjoyed this from beginning to end. Very effective pilot which doesn't usually transpire for new shows. Plenty of information was given through flashbacks and secrets were revealed. The pilot did exactly what it was supposed to do IMO, which was to dangle a hook and pull you in for the next installments. The upcoming previews look good too! I even thought I saw some lesbian kissing in one of the previews. :makeout:

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

This show suck me in, I was just planning to check it out, and now I am hooked. The previews for the next episodes look good, learning the clues and secrets are the most interesting aspect.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Deception Family Tree (Robert & Sofia):

http://www.nbc.com/deception/video/family-tree-robert-and-sofia/n31071/

Deception Sneak Peek:

http://www.eonline.com/news/377774/deception-sneak-peek-joanna-accepts-an-extravagant-gift-from-julian-but-are-there-strings-attached

Checkers
Member Avatar

I hope this show isn't cancelled. It is really sucking me in. The whole Bowers family is crazy.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I'm loving this show, but it will probably not get renewed. However Liz Heldens said at TCA that we will find out the identity of the murderer by the end of the season, come renewal or cancellation. Thats all I need, and I'll think of this as a soapy miniseries then lol.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I am loving it!!! I think Sophia is my favorite character thus far.. She's crazy and she's a drunk..lol I think I am shipping Johanna and Julian, though I like her with the cop as well. Everything about the Bowers family is a mystery and its obvious they are all lunitics, which I love.

Said on twitter the other night.. NBC scares the crap out of me,which is why I didn't want to get sucked in but too late.. I am hooked.

Checkers
Member Avatar

The ratings weren't good for the second episode. Which sucks because this show has a lot of potential. I love those crazy Bowers.

Alin89
Member Avatar

it was another good episode. i think eddie will kill ben. i also like joanna and the cop better to me.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I like the show so far. It's a cross between Veronica Mars and Revenge. I hope it dosent get cancel.

Checkers
Member Avatar

New episode tonight!

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

I like the episode tonight, she is clearly conflicted. Try as she might, she is falling in love with the good doctor.

Alin89
Member Avatar

Its getting good. I like this show alot more than revenge. I like that she is conflicted. I felt bad for edward's wife. next week seems intersting.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jan 15 2013, 04:03 PM
I'm loving this show, but it will probably not get renewed. However Liz Heldens said at TCA that we will find out the identity of the murderer by the end of the season, come renewal or cancellation. Thats all I need, and I'll think of this as a soapy miniseries then lol.
I think that might make shows like this work better if they are basically a one-season mini series. How many shows get a mystery plot in the pilot that basically drives the show. Then it gets picked up and has to to get extended in order to finish the entire show run. Too many twists and turns have to be added in inserted to get more episodes. It becomes too crazy. If they want to have a new season, I would rather see them start a new mystery with even a new cast. JMO

I am enjoying the show but am just concerned if it can keep the same punch over multiple seasons as they have to stretch the story.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · NBC Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply