Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of January 21st; *updated 1/15*
Topic Started: Jan 9 2013, 07:30 AM (47,976 Views)
Ljay
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jan 13 2013, 12:45 PM
Aliaron
Jan 13 2013, 10:48 AM
camera shy
Jan 13 2013, 03:23 AM
outrageous
Jan 13 2013, 02:43 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepPosted Image
I don't know if it was rape. Rape is to take someone against their will and Scarlett was pretty happy the next morning and having great memories of the night before. I know it's been said it was a maritial rape, but in the book and the movie Scarlett's behavior isn't one of a woman who has been raped.
it wasn't rape. It was angry sex.

I'm not questioning how Sami could be seen as having Scarlett-like tendencies. I just have no clue how EJ is Rhett. To me its liked when EJ/Sami are compared to Twilight. I'm not even a fan of Twilight and I can't fathom the comparison.
It's been years since I've read GWTW, but I think there's the part when he's carrying her up the stairs and he's determined to have sex with Scarlett whether she likes it or not, but somewhere before they reach the bedroom he kisses her and she finds herself kissing him back, so by time they've actually started the sex Scarlett does want him. And didn't Days do a storyline when Don Craig forced himself on Marlena (they were married at the time) and Marlena told him to no and to stop?

Rhett apologized the next morning for his actions and Scarlett found absolutely nothing wrong with it. If you've seen the movie she was so happy she was humming, LOL
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

jam6242
Jan 13 2013, 12:06 PM
Harmony233
Jan 13 2013, 10:52 AM
Aliaron
camera shy

I'm not questioning how Sami could be seen as having Scarlett-like tendencies. I just have no clue how EJ is Rhett. To me its liked when EJ/Sami are compared to Twilight. I'm not even a fan of Twilight and I can't fathom the comparison.
honestly the couple sami/ej remind of is lawrence/carly from the 90's.
The couple EJ and Sami remind me of the most are the characters played by Gregory Peck and Jennifer Jones in "Duel in the Sun." They ended up in a shootout with each other while crawling across a desert!
Now that's a better comparison. :D And JS looks like a young Gregory Peck.

camera shy

Ljay
Jan 13 2013, 12:50 PM
camera shy
Aliaron
camera shy

It's been years since I've read GWTW, but I think there's the part when he's carrying her up the stairs and he's determined to have sex with Scarlett whether she likes it or not, but somewhere before they reach the bedroom he kisses her and she finds herself kissing him back, so by time they've actually started the sex Scarlett does want him. And didn't Days do a storyline when Don Craig forced himself on Marlena (they were married at the time) and Marlena told him to no and to stop?

Rhett apologized the next morning for his actions and Scarlett found absolutely nothing wrong with it. If you've seen the movie she was so happy she was humming, LOL
And didn't poor old Mammy come in complaining about her aches and pains, but Scarlett was too busy thinking about last night.
Edited by camera shy, Jan 13 2013, 12:54 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

camera shy
Aliaron
camera shy
outrageous
Jan 13 2013, 02:43 AM

I don't know if it was rape. Rape is to take someone against their will and Scarlett was pretty happy the next morning and having great memories of the night before. I know it's been said it was a maritial rape, but in the book and the movie Scarlett's behavior isn't one of a woman who has been raped.

Yes. And after she's raped she compares the two situations.

I don't think any of this is particularly comparable to ejami or safe though, lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Jan 13 2013, 12:38 PM
^^It is more plausible than EJ being compared to him.
I can understand why some people compare EJ/Sami to Rhett/Scarlett .
Scarlett was vain, self-centered and insecure. She tried very hard to live up to the expectations of her society and she had a deep fear that her true self would be discovered. Rhett admires Scarlett's willful nature, and he discovers that they are alike in many ways. With Rhett Scarlett dosent have to hide, it becomes liberating for her. Ashley is a contrast to Rhett. He is a "honarable man" while Rhett is more ruthless and does what he has to do to survive. In the end Scarlett realized that she was chasing a dream with Ashley and that he wasn't who she really wanted.

annie21

Comparing anything on this show to a classic of literature and film like GWTW is, imo, like comparing a crude stick-figure drawing to a Renaissance master's painting. Sure, you can say they both depict trees, flowers, buildings, people, whatever. But one will end up at the bottom of a drawer (or a landfill), and the other will be framed and placed in a museum to be admired and appreciated for generations to come.

deletemyaccountplease

Ej is more like alycia silverstone in the crush

He's no Rhett for sure

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

DocandJohn4ever
Jan 12 2013, 05:18 PM
Poker Face
Jan 12 2013, 04:45 PM
soapgoddess
Jan 9 2013, 11:37 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jan 9 2013, 11:08 PM
Every female on the show past and present will be destroyed at the altar of Daniel fucking Jonas before the show FINALLY will get it that NO ONE FUCKING CARES about Daniel or who he is bedding this week!
However, the ptb know the majority of fans dislike the Dr. Sleaze propping destroying women, the ptb aren't doing anything about it.
They simply don't give a damn. SC is their goldenboy, and apparently the ptb believe we should accept whatever they shove down our
throats.
what's so golden about him? TomSell suck big time shoving those kind of characters like Daniel and tossing aside the ones who have been on the show since forever. :shrug:
his tan? :shrug: that's about it and I agree I'm sick of the vets and other actors getting thrown under the bus for TomSels pets :soapbox:
I honestly find NOTHING attractive about the guy. He can get tanned all he likes. He's average as an actor. IMO

but I agree,I miss the vets! esp Drake and Deidre. I know they will be on almost everyday next week then after that who knows...we may see Marlena even LESS. :soapbox:

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

lysie
Jan 12 2013, 10:25 PM
Jason47
Jan 12 2013, 09:41 PM
LuvingLumi
lysie
Jan 12 2013, 04:37 PM
Maybe my memory is flawed, but pre-2006, I don't remember the show revolving around just two characters or even just a few characters. If someone had asked me back then who the lead characters were, I think I'd have named at least 6 people, maybe more. The last 6-7 years haven't been that way at all.
And the show was much better then...

It's not like Sami wasn't being groomed to lead story pre Ej coming along, she lead many stories, one in particular that featured her on death row.
Episode Rankings: 2008-2012:
1. James Scott (EJ DiMera-910/Santo DiMera-2) 911
2. Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady-809/Young Colleen Brady-1) 809
3. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Walker) 785
4. Galen Gering (Rafe Hernandez-669/Rafe Hernandez-91) 697
5. Shawn Christian (Daniel Jonas) 627
6. Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady) 611
7. Peter Reckell (Bo Brady) 603
8. Molly Burnett (Melanie Jonas) 579
9. Eric Martsolf (Brady Black) 529
10. Lauren Koslow (Kate Roberts) 487
11. Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane) 472
12. Joseph Mascolo (Stefano DiMera) 469
13. Jay Johnson (Philip Kiriakis) 463
14. Suzanne Rogers (Maggie Horton) 403
15. John Aniston (Victor Kiriakis) 389
16. Renee Jones (Lexie Carver) 383
17. Shelley Hennig (Stephanie Johnson) 373
18. Drake Hogestyn (John Black) 312
19. Josh Taylor (Roman Brady) 310
20. Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans) 309

Episode Rankings: 2000-2012:
1. Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady-2035/Young Colleen Brady-24) 2038
2. Peter Reckell (Bo Brady) 1801
3. Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady-1795/Gina VonAmberg-24) 1798
4. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Walker) 1494
5. Lauren Koslow (Kate Roberts) 1416
6. Drake Hogestyn (John Black) 1363
7. Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans-12/63/Hattie Adams-2/Samantha Evans-2) 1263
8. James Scott (EJ DiMera-1173/Santo DiMera-21) 1180
9. Jason Cook (Shawn-Douglas Brady) 1155
10. Renee Jones (Lexie Carver) 1153
11. Bryan Dattilo (Lucas Horton) 1152
12. Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane) 1076
13. Josh Taylor (Roman Brady) 1060
14. Jay Johnson (Philip Kiriakis) 984
15. Melissa Reeves (Jennifer Horton) 943
16. John Aniston (Victor Kiriakis) 917
17. Farah Fath (Mimi Lockhart) 862
18. James Reynolds (Abe Carver) 826
19. Kirsten Storms (Belle Black) 770
20. Galen Gering (Rafe Hernandez-669/Rafe Hernandez 2-91) 697
This is one of the saddest lists I've ever seen.
I AGREE! esp #4 #5

#18 & #20 ?! that's so wrong in so many levels man.

lysie
Member Avatar

Poker Face
Jan 13 2013, 02:36 PM
lysie
Jan 12 2013, 10:25 PM
Jason47
Jan 12 2013, 09:41 PM
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Episode Rankings: 2008-2012:
1. James Scott (EJ DiMera-910/Santo DiMera-2) 911
2. Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady-809/Young Colleen Brady-1) 809
3. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Walker) 785
4. Galen Gering (Rafe Hernandez-669/Rafe Hernandez-91) 697
5. Shawn Christian (Daniel Jonas) 627
6. Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady) 611
7. Peter Reckell (Bo Brady) 603
8. Molly Burnett (Melanie Jonas) 579
9. Eric Martsolf (Brady Black) 529
10. Lauren Koslow (Kate Roberts) 487
11. Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane) 472
12. Joseph Mascolo (Stefano DiMera) 469
13. Jay Johnson (Philip Kiriakis) 463
14. Suzanne Rogers (Maggie Horton) 403
15. John Aniston (Victor Kiriakis) 389
16. Renee Jones (Lexie Carver) 383
17. Shelley Hennig (Stephanie Johnson) 373
18. Drake Hogestyn (John Black) 312
19. Josh Taylor (Roman Brady) 310
20. Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans) 309

Episode Rankings: 2000-2012:
1. Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady-2035/Young Colleen Brady-24) 2038
2. Peter Reckell (Bo Brady) 1801
3. Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady-1795/Gina VonAmberg-24) 1798
4. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Walker) 1494
5. Lauren Koslow (Kate Roberts) 1416
6. Drake Hogestyn (John Black) 1363
7. Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans-12/63/Hattie Adams-2/Samantha Evans-2) 1263
8. James Scott (EJ DiMera-1173/Santo DiMera-21) 1180
9. Jason Cook (Shawn-Douglas Brady) 1155
10. Renee Jones (Lexie Carver) 1153
11. Bryan Dattilo (Lucas Horton) 1152
12. Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane) 1076
13. Josh Taylor (Roman Brady) 1060
14. Jay Johnson (Philip Kiriakis) 984
15. Melissa Reeves (Jennifer Horton) 943
16. John Aniston (Victor Kiriakis) 917
17. Farah Fath (Mimi Lockhart) 862
18. James Reynolds (Abe Carver) 826
19. Kirsten Storms (Belle Black) 770
20. Galen Gering (Rafe Hernandez-669/Rafe Hernandez 2-91) 697
This is one of the saddest lists I've ever seen.
I AGREE! esp #4 #5

#18 & #20 ?! that's so wrong in so many levels man.
I have less of an issue with the names and more of an issue with the differences in number. No matter the name or actor, 911 episodes is a lot to acrue in 4 years. Plus there are multiple actors on that second list who haven't/weren't even a part of the show for half the amount of time that sample is taken from and they're ahead of actors who've been around the whole time.

AFaithL

EJ_SamiFF
Jan 13 2013, 01:36 PM
Dee-anne
Scarlett was vain, self-centered and insecure. She tried very hard to live up to the expectations of her society and she had a deep fear that her true self would be discovered. Rhett admires Scarlett's willful nature, and he discovers that they are alike in many ways. With Rhett Scarlett dosent have to hide, it becomes liberating for her. Ashley is a contrast to Rhett. He is a "honarable man" while Rhett is more ruthless and does what he has to do to survive. In the end Scarlett realized that she was chasing a dream with Ashley and that he wasn't who she really wanted.
Except, they've totally changed Sami's character. I would love it if they wrote Sami more like Scarlett. That's the real Sami: selfish and narcissistic, yet loves her family fiercely. Instead, Sami's been stripped of her Scarlett-ish personality and become a watered-down generic heroine with ni "edge". And EJ has lost his his suave "Rhett-ish" like personality. If they were written like Rhett/Scarlett, I could like it. Sami selfishly prancing around, thinking she wants good-guy Rafe(Ashley), and EJ making HER chase HIM, while remaining his confident, seductive self. Instead EJ has lost his balls, become a generic "good guy", and grovels.

No, this version of EJami is nothing like Rhett and Scarlett. With good writing they could be written like them, but Sami would have to go back to her roots and EJ will have to stop being her lapdog.

Dee-anne

AFaithL
Jan 13 2013, 03:04 PM
EJ_SamiFF
Dee-anne
Except, they've totally changed Sami's character. I would love it if they wrote Sami more like Scarlett. That's the real Sami: selfish and narcissistic, yet loves her family fiercely. Instead, Sami's been stripped of her Scarlett-ish personality and become a watered-down generic heroine with ni "edge". And EJ has lost his his suave "Rhett-ish" like personality. If they were written like Rhett/Scarlett, I could like it. Sami selfishly prancing around, thinking she wants good-guy Rafe(Ashley), and EJ making HER chase HIM, while remaining his confident, seductive self. Instead EJ has lost his balls, become a generic "good guy", and grovels.

No, this version of EJami is nothing like Rhett and Scarlett. With good writing they could be written like them, but Sami would have to go back to her roots and EJ will have to stop being her lapdog.
They would also have to magically wipe the horrible things Ejami have done to each other from our minds, and having the characters ignoring it, shaking hands on it, or sharing a drink and saying let by gones be by gones won't do the trick.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

AFaithL
EJ_SamiFF
Dee-anne

actually austin fit more to Ashley and in ay sami chase him

none of sami men fit to Rhett at all

some have tiny qualities yes like Rhett call Scarlett shit and know exactly who she is so does lucas and just Rhett try to convice Scarlet she can better Ashley and without being pathetic just like brandon

rafe does not fit to Ashleyqualities sami did chase rafe when he wanted someone else and ej does not fit Rhett qualities he being over pathetic and over the top

AFaithL

Dee-anne
Jan 13 2013, 03:20 PM
AFaithL
EJ_SamiFF
Dee-anne

They would also have to magically wipe the horrible things Ejami have done to each other from our minds, and having the characters ignoring it, shaking hands on it, or sharing a drink and saying let by gones be by gones won't do the trick.
See, I could buy EJami, even with that stuff between them.....if their personalities were more like Rhett/Scarlett. Instead they've lost the complexity of their characters and become a generic hero/heroine. Which makes them unrecognizable and unwatchable, no matter how pretty JS is to look at.

I just want EJ to go back to his Rhett-like personality. Rhett never worshipped Scarlett. In fact, he called her out several times. Scarlett was flawed and edgy. Sami is no longer written that way. She's matured too much. And I dislike "mature" Sami. I want her back to her Scarlett-ish ways.

outrageous
Member Avatar

AFaithL
EJ_SamiFF
Dee-anne

I don't really see how EJ became a "generic good guy". I don't see him as Sami's lap dog either. I see EJ as someone who's devoted to their family (children in particular), but that doesn't mean that he can't conduct some underhanded business deal at the same time. He fell inlove with Sami from the very beginning and always tried to get her. Nothing changed there. IMO he's no more of a lap dog than Lucas or Rafe. Heck, Lucas dumped his fiancee and left everything he established in Hong Kong for her. Rafe keeps chasing her IMO to mark his property and so that EJ wouldn't get her. And Sami is written more like a bitch now than she has been in a while instead of being Rafe's doormat.

All I know is that I don't want another rewrite. So far the beginnig and the middle is the same as all the other storylines involving Safe and Ejami. Lumi is non existent, and Lucas is written pathetically. The only good thing about his character is that BD gets paid something. Other than that, they've reduced his character to a glorified extra, which I find abhoring.

AFaithL

Yeah, I WISH EJ would conduct some underhanded business deals, but I see them turning him into a generic hero instead. When's the last time he did anything cool and underhanded? He's become the male Lexie. He's no longer "Rhett".

lysie
Member Avatar

outrageous
Jan 13 2013, 03:35 PM
AFaithL
EJ_SamiFF
Dee-anne

I don't really see how EJ became a "generic good guy". I don't see him as Sami's lap dog either. I see EJ as someone who's devoted to their family (children in particular), but that doesn't mean that he can't conduct some underhanded business deal at the same time. He fell inlove with Sami from the very beginning and always tried to get her. Nothing changed there. IMO he's no more of a lap dog than Lucas or Rafe. Heck, Lucas dumped his fiancee and left everything he established in Hong Kong for her. Rafe keeps chasing her IMO to mark his property and so that EJ wouldn't get her. And Sami is written more like a bitch now than she has been in a while instead of being Rafe's doormat.

All I know is that I don't want another rewrite. So far the beginnig and the middle is the same as all the other storylines involving Safe and Ejami. Lumi is non existent, and Lucas is written pathetically. The only good thing about his character is that BD gets paid something. Other than that, they've reduced his character to a glorified extra, which I find abhoring.
It may not mean that, but that's certainly what's happened. Maybe that will change with the upcoming custody stuff, but as of right now, and since Tomlin came back, all EJ is is a generic good guy.

Harmony233

honestly the only people that are doing anything bad in town are chad,kristen and kate at least kate never changes lol

concerned
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Jan 13 2013, 03:49 PM
honestly the only people that are doing anything bad in town are chad,kristen and kate at least kate never changes lol
Think you might be able to add Nick and Chloe to that list.

AFaithL

See, Kate is someone like Scarlett. Not a villain like Kristen, but not a heroine like Hope or Marlena. She's the perfect blend of "grey". That's what makes her compelling. And EJ should be the male version of her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply