Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 9 2013, 11:12 AM (7,162 Views)
annie21

4vrejami
Jan 9 2013, 10:01 PM
annie21
Jan 9 2013, 09:34 PM
4vrejami
Jan 9 2013, 08:58 PM
AFaithL
Jan 9 2013, 08:44 PM

Chloe is freaking gorgeous. There's no way Daniel could NOT be attracted to her.

Parker is adorable.

right?? The woman is drop dead gorgeous. I think NB is the prettiest on days.

And I know some will say this shouldn;t be about looks but let's get real. Who on earth would choose jennifer over chloe?
Chloe is more interesting in personality too. Jennifer is boring.
Daniel looks like a blind idiot.
Sorry, but I think Jennifer is the blind idiot for not seeing the undeniable sleaze factor that is Daniel. Actually, all of Salem are blind idiots when it comes to Daniel, thanks to Tomlin & Co.

i wasn't talking about Jennifer, I was talking about daniel. but yeah she's an idiot too.
Actually, I knew you were talking about Daniel. I just don't think it comes down to looks or that Daniel should be in a position to choose one way or the other.

Imo, Jennifer is blind precisely because she only sees and wants Daniel based on superficial things like looks, status, and job title. She is blind to his deeper faults.

Meanwhile, Daniel is more about protecting his own ego than anything. Chloe affronted his ego when she cheated on him, so he dumped her summarily. It's not about how the woman looks or about who she is as a person -- it's how well she props up his ego. His patients fawn over him and are awash in gratitude and admiration because he's their doctor. This feeds his ego. That's what he's looking for. And that's why if the woman makes one misstep, she's gone from his life. He moves on and doesn't look back.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I only could tolerate Daniel with Chloe. I know. I know. I really really hate his open mouthed stare he does to show angst along with his constipated expression. Sigh. I get the writing is also terrible, it really does Daniel no favors like they might think it does.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Ireland98
Jan 10 2013, 12:33 AM
gailwinters
Jan 10 2013, 12:00 AM
concerned
Jan 9 2013, 11:27 PM
Hamilton
Jan 9 2013, 10:34 PM
What was with the pinata? That came off really weird. And Sami coming into the pub asking everyone why they weren't eating was odd too. Shouldn't she have said something more along the line of 'lets get the food and this party started we have a rehearsal to attend.' Strange dialogue today.

I did think Sami reading the prayer in Spanish a touching gesture and sweet she wanted Gabi to not feel wanting since her mother couldn't be a part of her daughter's wedding. I do like seeing moments of maturity from Sami even if we know it's all going to hell the next day.

I just can't get into Daniel having a toddler son all of a sudden when I watched Nicole so ecstatic over her miracle baby lose him at the end of her pregnancy. I could care less about Daddy Daniel and Chloe's return to catch him.

I actually liked Safe's wedding so the flashback was a nice moment of reflection I enjoyed.

Nick was so obnoxious. I really wanted Will to take a swing at him.

I loved seeing Nicole and Chloe together again as friends! I hope they don't let Dr. Sleaze ruin this relationship.

Eric has yet to make an impression on me. :sleep:

I had the same thought as you the comment at the pub was really weird.

Why would you go to the trouble of putting favours out for each person and then expect them to start eating before everyone got there.

Plus, it was only the five of them, so why bother with favors?

So, let me get this straight. It is apparently New Year's Day. The wedding is tomorrow. Last night, EJ asked Gabi when her wedding was and she said soon and looked to Sami for agreement. So the wedding was in two days, but Gabi didn't know that?

This morning, Sami was nuzzling and flirting with EJ, then she hears about the fight, runs to the hospital, argues with everybody, including EJ, but somehow manages to have him taking care of the kids even though they're fighting. Then she made out with Rafe at HTS, but when he shows up at her apartment, she wants to know why he hasn't called her since their NYE kiss. And Rafe tells her he was giving her time to tell EJ. Huh? It's only been a minute since he kissed her and told her to think about how she would tell EJ.
And wasn't it just last week that we saw Rafe tell Sami that he was done with her!?
Can anyone make any sort of sense of what's happened between EJ, Sami, and Rafe since August?!
I unfortunately remember the atrocious Safe picnic & "dates" at the Pub & coffee house; but also Sami being mad at Rafe for confiding in Carrie about Nicole's baby; and also Rafe & EJ fighting at the HTS; and also that EJ could've gotten rid of Rafe for lying about being Nicole's baby father; and then asked Kristen for help in distracting Rafe (WTF!). And then there was the EJ/Sami/Rafe/Nicole semi-orgy on New Year's Eve :puke:

Honestly- one day Sami has feelings for Rafe and the next day, it's EJ.

How is this supposed to be a way to draw in viewers? I really don't get it. :shrug:
I long ago let go of caring who Sami is "in love with" because she will flit back and forth until the end of time, even though that makes little sense to the characters history. The show is trying to please everyone, therefor pleasing no one.

As for Gabi's mother, I know they haven't cast an actress and so they didn't want to for this - but the idea that Nick has been discouraging Gabi to tell their mother is creepy. The fact that Rafe decided the best thing was to tell the sick mother day of wedding makes zero sense. Poor Mrs. Hernandez, whom I'm sure would be a little concerned about her daughter's situation but most certainly would like a chance to come to the wedding.

Lil
Member Avatar

appleblossom
Jan 9 2013, 04:52 PM
LuvingLumi
Jan 9 2013, 02:02 PM
So sami said something in Spanish everyone!! She is now trilingual, English, Japanese and Spanish.

Parker doesn't move, he looks at the beyond.... He stares and stares, he must have inherited his mom's deer in headlights look.

So safe has a simultaneous flashback to the rope and shooting stars wedding? Okay then...
I read Allison is fluent in Spanish.
LOL I would never have guessed because a lot of her pronunciation while reading that prayer was horrid.

Lil
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 9 2013, 06:16 PM
ArizonaDaze
Jan 9 2013, 06:07 PM
I believe Eric was texting Marlena
He was also texting someone at the hospital after he just got done talking to Marlena and John. And Sami was with him so whoever he was texting then, it wasn't any of them. There is something going on with him. I'm kinda shocked that there is actually some kinda mystery surrounding him.
lol Don't worry it's almost guaranteed to be a let-down! But at this point, I'd like Eric to have something, anything going on. So far I find him boring minus the one scene he had w/ Brady in the hospital.

Lil
Member Avatar

Hamilton
What was with the pinata? That came off really weird. And Sami coming into the pub asking everyone why they weren't eating was odd too. Shouldn't she have said something more along the line of 'lets get the food and this party started we have a rehearsal to attend.' Strange dialogue today.

I did think Sami reading the prayer in Spanish a touching gesture and sweet she wanted Gabi to not feel wanting since her mother couldn't be a part of her daughter's wedding. I do like seeing moments of maturity from Sami even if we know it's all going to hell the next day.

I just can't get into Daniel having a toddler son all of a sudden when I watched Nicole so ecstatic over her miracle baby lose him at the end of her pregnancy. I could care less about Daddy Daniel and Chloe's return to catch him.

I actually liked Safe's wedding so the flashback was a nice moment of reflection I enjoyed.

I loved seeing Nicole and Chloe together again as friends! I hope they don't let Dr. Sleaze ruin this relationship.

A pinata and a Spanish poem...Way to show your cultural diversity, DAYS!!!! LMFAO!!!! That was just pitiful!

Daniel and chloe have never held any interest for me.

I was pleased to see Victor, but as usual...maggie was there so he wasn't the Victor I love.

I really wish Will would fucking lay Nick out too. He's such a douche!!!

I feel the same about Eric as well. And I am happy that Nicole has a girlfriend to talk with. But Nadia's acting still does ZERO for me. She really is not good lol

Sariah
Member Avatar

So, having not watched it and with no plans to watch it, what's their explanation for the paternity retcon? What paper did Stephanie send?

And what was Philip's reaction? What did Chloe say about it?

Edited by Sariah, Jan 10 2013, 09:30 AM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

I agree about Eric. He's been too much of a background character thus far. They need to use him more. Of course they're very limited as to what they can do with him due to him being a priest. Would have made sense if he were undercover but that would require Tomlin to be creative which is virtually impossible.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jan 10 2013, 09:30 AM
So, having not watched it and with no plans to watch it, what's their explanation for the paternity retcon? What paper did Stephanie send?

And what was Philip's reaction? What did Chloe say about it?

Long story short, Stephanie's friend hacked into the lab's computer and changed the paternity before she saw it because he had a crush on her. So it originally said Daniel, then it was changed to Philip, then Caroline changed it back to Daniel. Stephanie's friend made a statement to his lawyer which is what Stephanie faxed to Kayla. All of this is so stupid and contrived.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jan 10 2013, 09:39 AM.

Harmony233

this paternity shit is one of the worse stories i've seen on a soap.Parker is all of a sudden bonding with daniel although phillip raised him for the first two years daniel hasn't even set eyes on parker since his birth and phillip is upstairs offscreen.At least with wills paternity we saw Will be a confused little boy and hell he had a realtionship with lucas.It took him months to even understand lol

nolagirl
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 9 2013, 10:15 PM
4vrejami
Jan 9 2013, 10:10 PM
lysie
Jan 9 2013, 10:06 PM
4vrejami
Jan 9 2013, 09:58 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepWho on earth would choose jennifer over chloe?
He cheated. He wasn't cheated on, lol. It makes a difference. Dannifer/Danloe makes no difference to me, but it's not as simple as who's hotter.
not really, same shit different pile. You don't think it's hypocritical of him?

it is simple. Chloe>Jennifer
No, it's not the same. Daniel didn't cheat. He had no obligation to Lucas, Chloe did. He may have encouraged her, but she was still the one who cheated, not Daniel. Now, he may be a fool for believing that a woman who cheates WITH him wouldn't cheat ON him, but that's a whole other thing. He's not a hypocrite for being angry that Chloe cheated because he, himself, has not cheated.
Probably late to the party on this one but -

Daniel was bedding Kate when he tried to bed granddaughter Chelsea
had his eye on Chloe while still bedding Kate, broke it off with her days before going after her son's fiance mainly because he had his eye on said fiance, dropped "cough" love of his life" in a nano second to play footsy with Jennifer. Went after Jennifer before she was divorced from Jack, went after a high rick pregnancy woman to bed and thus led on Nicole until Jennifer became available thanks to Jack's untimely death, so he may not have cheated on anyone BUT he's been the Salem Predator since he came to town.

esp13
Member Avatar

nolagirl
Jan 10 2013, 09:46 AM
esp13
Jan 9 2013, 10:15 PM
4vrejami
Jan 9 2013, 10:10 PM
lysie
Jan 9 2013, 10:06 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepWho on earth would choose jennifer over chloe?
not really, same shit different pile. You don't think it's hypocritical of him?

it is simple. Chloe>Jennifer
No, it's not the same. Daniel didn't cheat. He had no obligation to Lucas, Chloe did. He may have encouraged her, but she was still the one who cheated, not Daniel. Now, he may be a fool for believing that a woman who cheates WITH him wouldn't cheat ON him, but that's a whole other thing. He's not a hypocrite for being angry that Chloe cheated because he, himself, has not cheated.
Probably late to the party on this one but -

Daniel was bedding Kate when he tried to bed granddaughter Chelsea
had his eye on Chloe while still bedding Kate, broke it off with her days before going after her son's fiance mainly because he had his eye on said fiance, dropped "cough" love of his life" in a nano second to play footsy with Jennifer. Went after Jennifer before she was divorced from Jack, went after a high rick pregnancy woman to bed and thus led on Nicole until Jennifer became available thanks to Jack's untimely death, so he may not have cheated on anyone BUT he's been the Salem Predator since he came to town.
Well, that's your perception of him, but it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't cheated on anyone. Thus, it's not hypocritical of him to be upset that Chloe cheated on him. Stupid maybe, but not hypocritical.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Ireland98
Jan 9 2013, 11:36 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 9 2013, 11:33 PM
So, I watched today.

:drunk:
The whole show? If so, I commend you! :applause:
Yep.

The whole blessed thing.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 9 2013, 11:50 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 9 2013, 11:33 PM
So, I watched today.

:drunk:
Did anyone say anything vaguely scandalous or humorous?

Was Will saying "Vintage Mom" the only element of snark?

Nope. Nothing was even remotely emotion inducing in the whole show.

The whole Rafe/Sami, rehearsal dinner, rehearsal was a hot mess, IMO.

The show is going in circles.

lysie
Member Avatar

I am glad they did a rehearsal dinner. Too bad these characters suck so much.

marisol40

Quote:

Well, that's your perception of him, but it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't cheated on anyone. Thus, it's not hypocritical of him to be upset that Chloe cheated on him. Stupid maybe, but not hypocritical.

What he did to Lucas was a real scumbag move, so it isn't suprising that he got a taste of his own medicine. Afterall, they do say that karma is a bitch.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

gailwinters
Jan 10 2013, 12:00 AM
concerned
Jan 9 2013, 11:27 PM
Hamilton

I had the same thought as you the comment at the pub was really weird.

Why would you go to the trouble of putting favours out for each person and then expect them to start eating before everyone got there.

Plus, it was only the five of them, so why bother with favors?

So, let me get this straight. It is apparently New Year's Day. The wedding is tomorrow. Last night, EJ asked Gabi when her wedding was and she said soon and looked to Sami for agreement. So the wedding was in two days, but Gabi didn't know that?

This morning, Sami was nuzzling and flirting with EJ, then she hears about the fight, runs to the hospital, argues with everybody, including EJ, but somehow manages to have him taking care of the kids even though they're fighting. Then she made out with Rafe at HTS, but when he shows up at her apartment, she wants to know why he hasn't called her since their NYE kiss. And Rafe tells her he was giving her time to tell EJ. Huh? It's only been a minute since he kissed her and told her to think about how she would tell EJ.
THANK YOU! The continuity in the show was driving me nuts. And honestly - it's a simple enough fix.

Have the characters CHANGE THEIR CLOTHES!

And avoid things like somehow squeezing in an extra evening for Nick's bachelor party the night before the rehearsal dinner - which Sami showed up to wearing the same outfit she was wearing the day of the bachelor party. Nicole was also wearing the same clothing she was wearing during her morning after chat with Rafe when she saw Eric just before the rehearsal.

How hard is it to assign someone to oversee things like that?

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

marisol40
Jan 10 2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:

What he did to Lucas was a real scumbag move, so it isn't suprising that he got a taste of his own medicine. Afterall, they do say that karma is a bitch.
Exactly. And that is what makes him a hypocrite to me. It's okay to do it to someone else but it's wrong when it's done to you. It doesn't work that way and Daniel got what he deserved.

esp13
Member Avatar

marisol40
Jan 10 2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:

I will never understand the idea that Daniel is to blame because Chloe couldn't say no. Chloe made the commitment to Lucas, not Daniel. Chloe is the only person at fault for Lucas being hurt because she's the only one who could hurt him. I don't expect Lucas to like Daniel, but blamiing Daniel makes it sound like Chloe had no control and she's an innocent victim. She's not. She made the commitment, she broke it.

blueskies
Member Avatar

How long have we been in one day? I swear we're coming up to Passions territory where 1 day was spread out over 3 weeks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply