Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 9 2013, 11:12 AM (7,054 Views)
Sariah
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 10 2013, 09:38 AM
Sariah
Jan 10 2013, 09:30 AM
So, having not watched it and with no plans to watch it, what's their explanation for the paternity retcon? What paper did Stephanie send?

And what was Philip's reaction? What did Chloe say about it?

Long story short, Stephanie's friend hacked into the lab's computer and changed the paternity before she saw it because he had a crush on her. So it originally said Daniel, then it was changed to Philip, then Caroline changed it back to Daniel. Stephanie's friend made a statement to his lawyer which is what Stephanie faxed to Kayla. All of this is so stupid and contrived.
Okay, so (wasn't that guy's name Ian?) Ian somehow managed to magically hack into the system even though he was with Stephanie every single second once the results came out? She literally never left his side.

So stupid.

It reminds me of back in the day when I used to write fanfic, and I was invited to write a group teen fanfic - basically each author taking a chapter. I put a couple together that the next author didn't like, so she came in and completely undid everything I had just set up and wrote it off without it making any sense. This reminds me of that. Tomsell are so eager to undo everything MarDar/Dena did, they're writing crap that makes no sense and completely contradicts what we saw onscreen.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jan 10 2013, 11:19 AM
LanaluvsBroe
Sariah
So, having not watched it and with no plans to watch it, what's their explanation for the paternity retcon? What paper did Stephanie send?

Long story short, Stephanie's friend hacked into the lab's computer and changed the paternity before she saw it because he had a crush on her. So it originally said Daniel, then it was changed to Philip, then Caroline changed it back to Daniel. Stephanie's friend made a statement to his lawyer which is what Stephanie faxed to Kayla. All of this is so stupid and contrived.
Okay, so (wasn't that guy's name Ian?) Ian somehow managed to magically hack into the system even though he was with Stephanie every single second once the results came out? She literally never left his side.

So stupid.

It reminds me of back in the day when I used to write fanfic, and I was invited to write a group teen fanfic - basically each author taking a chapter. I put a couple together that the next author didn't like, so she came in and completely undid everything I had just set up and wrote it off without it making any sense. This reminds me of that. Tomsell are so eager to undo everything MarDar/Dena did, they're writing crap that makes no sense and completely contradicts what we saw onscreen.
What gets me is there is absolutely no point in snatching Parker away from Phillip (and by extension Victor and Kate), especially if Phillip is off screen. Dannifer angst could have come from somewhere else, and they aren't that popular (understatement). Why make Chloe's return about Dannifer, when the obvious choice would be to have her show up and freak Kristen out? I would have loved to see Chloe catch on that Brady is being a chump and out of true caring try and help him.

And I'm really nauseated over the signs that Chloe will somehow selflessly kneel before the sainted Dannifer and hand over Parker for his own good before disappearing. It's coming, mark my words.

AFaithL

esp13
Jan 10 2013, 10:52 AM
marisol40
Jan 10 2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:

Well, that's your perception of him, but it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't cheated on anyone. Thus, it's not hypocritical of him to be upset that Chloe cheated on him. Stupid maybe, but not hypocritical.

What he did to Lucas was a real scumbag move, so it isn't suprising that he got a taste of his own medicine. Afterall, they do say that karma is a bitch.
I will never understand the idea that Daniel is to blame because Chloe couldn't say no. Chloe made the commitment to Lucas, not Daniel. Chloe is the only person at fault for Lucas being hurt because she's the only one who could hurt him. I don't expect Lucas to like Daniel, but blamiing Daniel makes it sound like Chloe had no control and she's an innocent victim. She's not. She made the commitment, she broke it.
I like Daniel...but he did chase a married woman. He actively pursued her. He wasn't innocent.

esp13
Member Avatar

Sariah
LanaluvsBroe
Sariah

So stupid.

Actually, I don't think it's stupid. They even had a flashback where Stephanie was waiting for Ian to hack into the system. Just as he got in, Stephanie's phone rang and she stepped away (where she could not see the screen or Ian) to take the call. When she finished, Ian told her the test results were up and showed her. There was plenty of time and opportunity for Ian to change the original result before he showed Stephanie. So, what happened actuallly did make sense and didn't contradict anything that happened onscreen, as the use of the actual show footage shows.

Apparently, Ian had a crush on Stephanie (which several people speculated about 2 years ago) and knew that she believed that if Philip was the father it would ultimately lead to her losing Nathan. Ian wanted that to happen, so he fixed the results so that it showed Philip as the father. Caroline then switched it back.

Ian apparently got himself a drug problem and, in rehab, decided to make amends. He sent Stephanie a sworn affidavit/letter that admitted what he had done. Stephanie then contacted Philip and Chloe. Philip thought Stephanie was playing some kind of game and there was a second DNA test done. It showed the Philip could not be Parker's father. They made the lab double check the results, but it was the same.

Chloe, Philip and Parker came to Salem. Chloe told Daniel, while Philip told Victor (offscreen). Stephanie also called Kayla and told her and faxed her the letter. Kayla then took that to Daniel. Philip was, according to others, devestated. Chloe was thrilled because now she and Daniel and Parker can be a family.

esp13
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 10 2013, 11:45 AM
esp13
marisol40
Quote:

Well, that's your perception of him, but it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't cheated on anyone. Thus, it's not hypocritical of him to be upset that Chloe cheated on him. Stupid maybe, but not hypocritical.

What he did to Lucas was a real scumbag move, so it isn't suprising that he got a taste of his own medicine. Afterall, they do say that karma is a bitch.
I will never understand the idea that Daniel is to blame because Chloe couldn't say no. Chloe made the commitment to Lucas, not Daniel. Chloe is the only person at fault for Lucas being hurt because she's the only one who could hurt him. I don't expect Lucas to like Daniel, but blamiing Daniel makes it sound like Chloe had no control and she's an innocent victim. She's not. She made the commitment, she broke it.
I like Daniel...but he did chase a married woman. He actively pursued her. He wasn't innocent.
I didn't say he was innocent. My point is that he is not to blame for Chloe's infidelity, she is. Just as Philip isn't to blame for her cheating on Daniel. That was her choice, her decision, her responsibility. I understand that Lucas doesn't like Daniel and I don't blame him. But, he shouldn't be blaming Daniel for what happened because Daniel didn't make some kind of commitment to Lucas. They weren't even really friends.

And this isn't even about Daniel specifically. It's about the general idea of blaming the third party for an affair. The person who deserves blame is the spouse who cheated, IMO.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

esp13
Jan 10 2013, 11:46 AM
Sariah
LanaluvsBroe
Sariah

So stupid.

Actually, I don't think it's stupid. They even had a flashback where Stephanie was waiting for Ian to hack into the system. Just as he got in, Stephanie's phone rang and she stepped away (where she could not see the screen or Ian) to take the call. When she finished, Ian told her the test results were up and showed her. There was plenty of time and opportunity for Ian to change the original result before he showed Stephanie. So, what happened actuallly did make sense and didn't contradict anything that happened onscreen, as the use of the actual show footage shows.

Apparently, Ian had a crush on Stephanie (which several people speculated about 2 years ago) and knew that she believed that if Philip was the father it would ultimately lead to her losing Nathan. Ian wanted that to happen, so he fixed the results so that it showed Philip as the father. Caroline then switched it back.

Ian apparently got himself a drug problem and, in rehab, decided to make amends. He sent Stephanie a sworn affidavit/letter that admitted what he had done. Stephanie then contacted Philip and Chloe. Philip thought Stephanie was playing some kind of game and there was a second DNA test done. It showed the Philip could not be Parker's father. They made the lab double check the results, but it was the same.

Chloe, Philip and Parker came to Salem. Chloe told Daniel, while Philip told Victor (offscreen). Stephanie also called Kayla and told her and faxed her the letter. Kayla then took that to Daniel. Philip was, according to others, devestated. Chloe was thrilled because now she and Daniel and Parker can be a family.
Of all the shoddy plot points and missed beats we've gotten used to seeing on this show I actually thought this was very well thought out and written. I particularly appreciated that they showed flashbacks of Stephanie and Ian working on breaking in to the records in her apartment. And bringing it all together through Stephanie contacting Kayla, Philip taking Parker to Victor and Chloe going to see Daniel was a good way of tying all of those pieces together. The biggest shame is they couldn't bring JKJ back even for an episode or two so Philip could have actually been shown on screen. Not having him there but acting like he was seemed too jarring.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 10 2013, 11:50 AM
The person who deserves blame is the spouse who cheated, IMO.
I agree with this, but Daniel sleeping with a married woman is showing disrespect and generally immoral behavior. The thing is, if the writers actually wrote Daniel as a true cad and not Mr.DoNoWrong I could have really liked him. He could have been the next Neil Curtis or something.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Jan 10 2013, 11:53 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Sariah
LanaluvsBroe
Sariah

So stupid.

they acutally wrote it in way that make sense the show flashback stepnie leaving ian alone with the computer

the stuff that sucks chloe lied philp never believe paker was his son and later told nicole how happy daniel is parker father so she will not have to suck up to philp to see parker like philp his horrible person and it does not seem they dated offsccreen

appleblossom

Sometimes I think Lucas, Abe, Roman, Austin, and Brady deserve gold medals for being the only married guys in Salem that never cheated on their spouses. Rafe came close, but then he started lusting after Carrie. Even Nicole was a good girl, EJ was the first guy she never cheated on.

esp13
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jan 10 2013, 11:53 AM
esp13
I agree with this, but Daniel sleeping with a married woman is showing disrespect and generally immoral behavior. The thing is, if the writers actually wrote Daniel as a true cad and not Mr.DoNoWrong I could have really liked him. He could have been the next Neil Curtis or something.
Sure, but on this show there aren't a lot of people who haven't slept with a married person or slept with someone other than their spouse. So, context kind of matters, otherwise John, Marlena, Steve, Kayla, Justin, Adrienne, and Maggie (to name just a few) all qualify for the "showing disrespect and general immoral behavior" scarlett letter.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

esp13
AFaithL
Jan 10 2013, 11:45 AM
esp13
marisol40

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I didn't say he was innocent. My point is that he is not to blame for Chloe's infidelity, she is. Just as Philip isn't to blame for her cheating on Daniel. That was her choice, her decision, her responsibility. I understand that Lucas doesn't like Daniel and I don't blame him. But, he shouldn't be blaming Daniel for what happened because Daniel didn't make some kind of commitment to Lucas. They weren't even really friends.

And this isn't even about Daniel specifically. It's about the general idea of blaming the third party for an affair. The person who deserves blame is the spouse who cheated, IMO.
lucas could not just like daniel becaue chloe it because daniel pattern which lucas would not notice if daniel was not going lucas family relatives and before daniel came back back to jennifer daniel was with his pregnant patient

the way he treated philp and i think lucas realize daniel had badmout him behind his back

Hamilton
Member Avatar

It felt like a throw-a-way day while they focused on scripts for the big wedding day fiasco. Carolyn is usually a stellar script writer.

Instead of the dumb pinata filler they should have taken the time to make sense of Rafe and Sami's reconciliation. 'That was such an amazing, telling kiss on NYE' doesn't cut it. What happened to the trust issues that caused the split in the first place? How about taking the time in those scenes to have them touch on that fact and admit they are going to work on it while moving forward? Ignoring issues the show brings forward baffles me.

We already know that a whole new can of worms is about to be unleashed so is it too much to have them deal with the previous can rather than let it fade away unresolved? Already the 'dramatic' scene of Sami taking back her forgiveness to Rafe has become hazy as it turned instead into Sami playing the two men. Is there an explanation in this? Are we to assume Sami's sudden adoration of Ej is in response to hurting over Rafe's lack of trust and her insecurity that her relationship with him can't be solid without it? Maybe I just need things spelled out instead of making assumptions and I'd like the writers to take the time to make sure I have it right.

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 10 2013, 11:13 AM
How long have we been in one day? I swear we're coming up to Passions territory where 1 day was spread out over 3 weeks.
A week. It was just New Year's Eve.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 10 2013, 12:03 PM
Bright Eyes
esp13
Sure, but on this show there aren't a lot of people who haven't slept with a married person or slept with someone other than their spouse. So, context kind of matters, otherwise John, Marlena, Steve, Kayla, Justin, Adrienne, and Maggie (to name just a few) all qualify for the "showing disrespect and general immoral behavior" scarlett letter.
Yes, but Daniel was never vilified or paid any real consequence for his actions. All those people you listed were and/or did.

esp13
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jan 10 2013, 12:27 PM
esp13
Jan 10 2013, 12:03 PM
Bright Eyes
esp13
Yes, but Daniel was never vilified or paid any real consequence for his actions. All those people you listed were and/or did.
Depends on the point of view, of course. Kate did her best to go after Daniel and Chloe, including trying to frame Daniel for Chloe's poisoning. Daniel then got cheated on himself, of course. And lost his son for two years. So, I think there were consequences.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

i think it the way people treat daniel
maggie was mad on daniel when she find out about him and chloe from one episode and after that she became faniel biggest cheerleader

even kate was only trying to frame Daniel for Chloe's poisoning because daniel wanted chloe over her not because of lucas

when lucas got cheat people treated as joke while daniel was poor daniel

jennifer did not even Hesitated to go out with daniel jennifer only problem she did not think she pretty enough

everyone believe daniel was innocent aside and try to help mealnie natan bo hope i even remeber rafe comment about hearing about daniel he could not believe daniel did it and he believe there more chance lucas did that
he was like one day in jail and victor bail him out
daniel find out about chloe on 30 December 2010 by february he already put slow with jennfer
and we did not see daniel really suffer losing paprker

marisol40

Quote:

While it is true that the person to blame is the spouse that cheated, the third party isn't 100% innocent either. Example, if I decided to kill someone and you assisted me, you would also be responsible for murder because you are my accessory. So while he didn't force Chloe to cheat, Daniel didn't give a crap that he was about to hurt Lucas. So it still qualifies as a scumbag move.

bomber
Member Avatar

So Dan wants Parker, Melanie, Abigail and JJ. Oh well I guess if Daniel wants it TomSell will give it.
:flipoff:

esp13
Member Avatar

marisol40
Jan 10 2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:

While it is true that the person to blame is the spouse that cheated, the third party isn't 100% innocent either. Example, if I decided to kill someone and you assisted me, you would also be responsible for murder because you are my accessory. So while he didn't force Chloe to cheat, Daniel didn't give a crap that he was about to hurt Lucas. So it still qualifies as a scumbag move.
I'm not sure that's a direct correlation. What makes infidelity bad is the breaking of the commitment, not the sex in and of itself. And the only commitment to be broken was the one between Chloe and Lucas. If Daniel and Lucas had been friends, I could see how Daniel would have himself hurt Lucas. But they weren't friends, at least that I ever saw.

And, as I said, this isn't just about Daniel. I felt the same way about Billie when she was going after Steve (when Steve came back with amnesia). Billie didn't owe anything to Kayla. They weren't friends or anything more than acquaintences. So, I never wanted Kayla to be mad at or hate Billie. The issue was about her and Steve.

Lastly, it may have been a "scumbag" move, but it's a pretty generic one for Salem. Many others have done the same thing and not gotten any worse treatment. Lucas still gets to hate him which is more than I can say for most.

concerned
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 10 2013, 11:13 AM
How long have we been in one day? I swear we're coming up to Passions territory where 1 day was spread out over 3 weeks.
I was looking at old clips last night I think it was when Brady beat EJ up and Nicole seemed to have same shirt on from 7th to the 22nd and wondering what was the longest days day? (ie most episodes spent on one day)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply