Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 9 2013, 11:12 AM (6,987 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 10 2013, 03:38 PM
marisol40
Jan 10 2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:

And this isn't even about Daniel specifically. It's about the general idea of blaming the third party for an affair. The person who deserves blame is the spouse who cheated, IMO.

While it is true that the person to blame is the spouse that cheated, the third party isn't 100% innocent either. Example, if I decided to kill someone and you assisted me, you would also be responsible for murder because you are my accessory. So while he didn't force Chloe to cheat, Daniel didn't give a crap that he was about to hurt Lucas. So it still qualifies as a scumbag move.
I'm not sure that's a direct correlation. What makes infidelity bad is the breaking of the commitment, not the sex in and of itself. And the only commitment to be broken was the one between Chloe and Lucas. If Daniel and Lucas had been friends, I could see how Daniel would have himself hurt Lucas. But they weren't friends, at least that I ever saw.

And, as I said, this isn't just about Daniel. I felt the same way about Billie when she was going after Steve (when Steve came back with amnesia). Billie didn't owe anything to Kayla. They weren't friends or anything more than acquaintences. So, I never wanted Kayla to be mad at or hate Billie. The issue was about her and Steve.

Lastly, it may have been a "scumbag" move, but it's a pretty generic one for Salem. Many others have done the same thing and not gotten any worse treatment. Lucas still gets to hate him which is more than I can say for most.
during when daniel gone after chloe lucas saying lot complaints to him i not saying daniel and lucas were bff but when daniel told stuff lucas stuff lucas listen[i did not get why]daniel convice lucas its was good idea to elope with chloe
lucas was nice to daniel and yet daniel bad things about him behind his back
i think lucas saw daniel bit as hero that saved his mother life
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

appleblossom

Partnersincrime
Jan 10 2013, 03:50 PM
esp13
Jan 10 2013, 03:38 PM
marisol40
Jan 10 2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:

And this isn't even about Daniel specifically. It's about the general idea of blaming the third party for an affair. The person who deserves blame is the spouse who cheated, IMO.

While it is true that the person to blame is the spouse that cheated, the third party isn't 100% innocent either. Example, if I decided to kill someone and you assisted me, you would also be responsible for murder because you are my accessory. So while he didn't force Chloe to cheat, Daniel didn't give a crap that he was about to hurt Lucas. So it still qualifies as a scumbag move.
I'm not sure that's a direct correlation. What makes infidelity bad is the breaking of the commitment, not the sex in and of itself. And the only commitment to be broken was the one between Chloe and Lucas. If Daniel and Lucas had been friends, I could see how Daniel would have himself hurt Lucas. But they weren't friends, at least that I ever saw.

And, as I said, this isn't just about Daniel. I felt the same way about Billie when she was going after Steve (when Steve came back with amnesia). Billie didn't owe anything to Kayla. They weren't friends or anything more than acquaintences. So, I never wanted Kayla to be mad at or hate Billie. The issue was about her and Steve.

Lastly, it may have been a "scumbag" move, but it's a pretty generic one for Salem. Many others have done the same thing and not gotten any worse treatment. Lucas still gets to hate him which is more than I can say for most.
during when daniel gone after chloe lucas saying lot complaints to him i not saying daniel and lucas were bff but when daniel told stuff lucas stuff lucas listen[i did not get why]daniel convice lucas its was good idea to elope with chloe
lucas was nice to daniel and yet daniel bad things about him behind his back
i think lucas saw daniel bit as hero that saved his mother life
I think both Chloe and Dan thought if she married Lucas, they could fight the attraction. She did respect her vows, but Dan was still in her heart. I was shocked that Chloe was upset the annulment went though so fast. Maybe deep down, she did want her marriage to Lucas to work if only dan had backed off. Who knows. Poor girl, two failed marriages in a yearr.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

I can understand why they are doing this .. since it would create more drama to Daniel etc.. but we all know Chloe is not going to be able to break the DanJen.. sighs .. I wish she could.. but she is leaving Days. Unless Dani is also leaving.. otherwise its kind of predictable.

.. damn it!

bomber
Member Avatar

MBE looked absolutely stunning today. They are mad for not giving her a contract and using her more. IMO she puts KA, MR, AS and even NB in the shade.

concerned
Member Avatar

Oh good lord why are we repeating all these stories again.

Rafe's got Sami up against the locker / apartment door. Time to put your bullet proof wear on EJ. I'm imagining the Johnny/John stuff is coming out soon and you'll be taking another bullet.

Daniels being given a long lost child again - although at least this time we don't have to be so concerned that he's going to try to grope the child.

Only thing I'm looking forward to at the moment is JJ coming back and running over Parker.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Not sure if this matters to anyone but when Chloe & Dan slept together Lucas & Chloe were engaged not yet married. When Lucas got amnesia from the gas explosion Chloe vowed to give up Dan & she & Lucas eventually eloped to Vegas . While she was married to Lucas, Chloe
never physically cheated . She even waited till her annulment went through before she slept with Dan again after her coma.
When Chloe & Phillip had their ONS, Chloe was engaged to Dan but Phillip was still married to Melanie .

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply