Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Renewed through 2014!
Topic Started: Jan 9 2013, 01:08 PM (6,072 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

http://tvline.com/2013/01/09/days-of-our-lives-renewed-2014/

As foreshadowed earlier this week, NBC has renewed Days of Our Lives through September 2014 and the soap’s 48th anniversary.

“We are thrilled to announce that Days is not going anywhere. It is NBC’s longest-running drama series by far and is one of the most historic brands in television,” said NBC entertainment president Jennifer Salke. “We commend Ken Corday and the entire creative team on continuing to keep the stories and characters fresh, exciting and relevant year after year.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbcs-days-lives-renewed-410250
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Makes me very happy to see that Days is safe for another year. Is it too much to ask for just one more reboot? Lol

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 9 2013, 01:08 PM
“We commend Ken Corday and the entire creative team on continuing to keep the stories and characters fresh, exciting and relevant year after year.”
Congrats to DAYS, but... :eyeroll: Seriously, just NO to this quote.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Well alrighty then! Even though I bitch about it as much as I do - I don't want to see this show go away.

Great news! :)

Lil
Member Avatar

LOL Freahs, exciting and relevent? hahahahahahaha

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Although I'm still choking on the "fresh & relevant" part, I'm glad they're around for another year.

Now writers, get your heads out of your butts & write some good stuff.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Even though I'm not currently watching, this is great news. I don't want Days to go anywhere.

eyebrowns

So we're going to have to be on edge for another year? Wish they'd given it at least a renewal until 2015 or something!

So please, please change the HW now!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Now that Days is hanging around for another year, can we get some real talent in to write the stories? Days needs someone who's willing to write some action/adventure/mystery/blackmail juiciness, not just teen baby drama & scratch the surface of what could be amazing & then take it in the direction no one wants it to go.

eyebrowns

Supergirlx2
Jan 9 2013, 01:26 PM
Now that Days is hanging around for another year, can we get some real talent in to write the stories? Days needs someone who's willing to write some action/adventure/mystery/blackmail juiciness, not just teen baby drama & scratch the surface of what could be amazing & then take it in the direction no one wants it to go.
A mystery/adventure storyline is one that they desperately need. One that uses up a lot of people on the canvas. Umbrella storylines always work~

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Excellent news. I'll always love this show despite myself.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

I may not like their current sl's but I'm glad Days is staying for one more year bc it's my fav soap now.

anya
Member Avatar

Yay! Now let's leave 2010 on Youtube where it belongs and get in gear writers!! I agree that they need to add mystery!

Honeybees
Member Avatar

General Hospital is proof that with the right creative team, one that understands the audience, a dying soap can be revived and totally thrive.

Days has some strong elements, now they need people who understand what those are and run with them.

LovingDays

Awesome News

Next i would love to hear Nadia Bjorlin Staying

and that Galen,Shawn,Melissa will be leaving the show that will be awesome

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Awesome news! Even though I'm not enjoying everything right now, I want to see DAYS make it to 50.

james0479
Member Avatar

Great news! I'm happy for the cast and crew. I've loved this weird show for far too long to see it end. I don't know what I would do with my time. Lol. I'm enjoying about 80% of it right now and hope it will amp up the action and get better in this new year.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Okay ... if the next announcement is GARY TOMLIN OUT! I'll be onboard ... at this point, I'm only grudgingly happy for the cast and crew that the show has been renewed for a year, even though it seems like a slow and torturous death rather than a reprieve.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Hoping they get a new writing team now

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

I agree with so many others on here that they need new writers pronto! They have a whole year to turn it around and fix some of this current BS. It can be done, just look at what GH has done. Write some good stories and bring back some fan fave vets (and actually use them and not backburn them) Days!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply