Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Renewed through 2014!
Topic Started: Jan 9 2013, 01:08 PM (6,058 Views)
Evan
Member Avatar

Mixed feelings about this!
I'm happy for the cast & crew still working on the show, and the many longtime fans of DAYS who post here.
On the other hand..........if this means that Tomlin/Whitesell & co stay where they are, and the SLs proceed on their current trajectory, I'm afraid that I can find very little inclination to stay that engaged.
Renewing DAYS is good, but they need new writers(or the return of proven good previous writers), and the constant pimping of the pets of the NBC hierarchy has to stop.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

just fire tomsell and ill be a happy person and also stop the filming advanced schedule.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

al0792
Jan 9 2013, 02:18 PM
I am so glad the show is renewed!! Please fix the show, get rid of Dr. Hairy Chest and bring back Jack!!
Hey now, let's leave the hairy chest alone. It's about the only thing I actually LIKE about Daniel. ;)

vettejb

I hope this post does not (a) offend (b) get deleted.

I am happy for the DOOL fans. I am no longer a fan, but do read the boards. I have mixed feelings about the renewal because I have always wanted James Scott to be able to break away from daytime tv. In history, if a daytime actor does not get noticed or is not able to move into bigger roles within a very few years, they are generally not able to make the transition. I know that people say James says he does not want to be a star. Good, because he is well on his way to not becoming one. I believe he honestly feels that way. But, its hard to understand someone going into tv and not wanting stardom. Its kind of like someone going to the Olympics and not wanting to medal. Or someone becoming a doctor and never having the idea in the back of their mind to be the one to happen upon a cure for cancer or AIDS. My opinon only. And I know no one asked.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Just get rid of Daniel and the show almost improves by 50% - its the easiest move the show could make.

LovingDays

Mitchapalooza
Jan 10 2013, 03:28 PM
Just get rid of Daniel and the show almost improves by 50% - its the easiest move the show could make.
with galen & melissa more like 80% :P
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

La_Laa

Mitchapalooza
First need to get rid of Hernandez Family.

Evan
Member Avatar

It's fairly obvious who they should write out:
Daniel
Jennifer
Rafe
Gabi

That'd improve the show by more than 100%.

newlabone

well, here i go again! when you have major soap characters like ej/sammi/nichole just going around in circles no direction to story it does show the viewers that they just can't write for these wonderful actors. it is so sad to watch the writers fill the air time with this type of writing. thet give dr dan a manwhore, is the best word i can choose without offending members of this site, is getting so much airtime it just sickens me. dan should be back burnered as well as jennifer. they deserve each other send them on a world cruise, but just get rid of them. hope a piller of the show reduced to so little to do. get rid of gabi/nick there story isn't interesting at all. at least kill her off when she run out of the wedding or send it to jail just get rid of her. bring back some good actors get rid of some of the unpopular actors.
keep marlena we need her. john should stay. i don't care much for stefano he is painful to watch because of the terrible writing and story hes been given..i can go on but i won't i hope the members understand what i am trying to say.
oh theres is something else that i have to say before i post

>>>>>>>>>>>>.FIRE THE WRITERS<<<<<<<<<<<<<

OH DARN I HAVE POSTED THAT REQUEST MANY TIMES LOL !
thanks for reading my post.

am103
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Agreed. I hate to see any actor lose their job, but when Shawn Christian took that month-long break last February, Days felt like an entirely new show. I'm not saying that Daniel's absence was the sole reason, but it sure as hell seemed like an improvement to me!

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Drew
Jan 9 2013, 09:58 PM
Kenny
Jan 9 2013, 02:32 PM
Supergirlx2
Jan 9 2013, 01:26 PM
Now that Days is hanging around for another year, can we get some real talent in to write the stories? Days needs someone who's willing to write some action/adventure/mystery/blackmail juiciness, not just teen baby drama & scratch the surface of what could be amazing & then take it in the direction no one wants it to go.
Will getting new writers really make a difference? It seems like no matter who writes this show, it's always a disappointing mess. Gary Tomlin, for all his faults, at least knew how to deliver compelling drama on other shows. He knew how to create over-the-top soapy moments. It's what he was known for. Sunset Beach, OLTL and Passions are all proof of that. Now he's on Days and his work is abysmal. The show is practically unwatchable. Just as it was unwatchable under M&D and Higley. There's something about Days that seems to make otherwise decent writers really shitty. It's a pattern I've noticed and it doesn't just apply to writers. The actors are phoning it in as well and have been for years. (Not counting ED and a few others.)

Changing writers never seems to make a difference in the quality of the show. It's almost like there's some sort of mandate to make the show as boring as humanly possible. Every single story that has the potential to be good always plays out in the most boring of ways. The more interesting path is never taken. The more exciting path is never taken. The drama has completely been sucked out of the show. It's as vanilla as it's ever been and I honestly don't see that changing, even with a new writer. I think there's a larger problem in that Ken Corday has forgotten what a soap opera is supposed to be and until someone wakes him up to the fact that safe and snoozy isn't going to cut it, nothing is going to change.
A show that doesn't fear it's own end will never try to improve itself. They had it easy this go around.

Days needs more than a reboot and new writers, it needs a complete gutting to drag it from 1993-on-repeat into 2013. Characters who are played out (including old ones, no matter how it may seem like it will hurt), writers, directors, producers, set designers, composers, editors ... everything. It all needs a shake up, from how the show looks and how the show is paced. And Ken Corday needs to go off to a beach somewhere and just collect paycheques.
I agree.. it does have an old feeling to it.
Repeating old stories is never good.

I just wish they would really shake things up:
Start recording closer to the publish date
It feels like the stories are in a bad loop.
To much bad history .. whats why I was thrilled then Ian came to town since I thought that would mean new intruides and so.. but boy I was disappointed. They need to bring in a whole family.. (not Hornendeze) or use the existing one and flesh it out with characters that can really act.
Blur the lines between the good and bad.

Evan
Member Avatar

Shawn Christian has been given more than enough chances to get the viewers to like his character - nothing against him personally, but I think it's time for the writers to either write Daniel off the show or at least stop trying to sanctify the guy and present him as he really is, as a sleaze who sleeps with his patients.

King
Member Avatar

Great news! I have been hooked for a few months now, which is shocking because I hated these writers their first time around.

I want it to see its 50th Anniversary.

Lady Evol

SocRMum1
Jan 9 2013, 01:15 PM
Well alrighty then! Even though I bitch about it as much as I do - I don't want to see this show go away.

Great news! :)
:cheer:
Same. Hope they make it to 50. :scared:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I'll say this much, it's enough to give anyone hope, if Days of all things can get a stay of execution. My my my, this show should have been dead so long ago.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Never too late to make a celebratory post!!

I'm beyond thrilled that Days of Our Lives are renewed through 2014!! I've loved this soap for 16 years now and I've sat through the good & and bad. I roll my eyes at characters I don't like, FF through scenes with characters that doesn't hold my interest- and yet I still watch it. Days do has some amazing characters played by equal amazing actors/actress, it's a show with rich history that I simply love- and that is some of the reasons I'm still watching.
Sure I've seen other soaps, like B&B and Y&R, and yes, they're pretty good, but I'm a Days fan through & through first and foremost. The show will always hold a special place in my heart and I'm proud to see it live on!!

So congratulations Days of Our Lives!! :applause:
Edited by Oak Alley, Jan 19 2013, 04:32 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply