Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Variety: Sudser with a social conscience
Topic Started: Jan 10 2013, 10:08 AM (2,890 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 13 2013, 09:46 AM
bomber
Jan 10 2013, 05:28 PM
The Cameron/Abby relationship was barely a blip on the radar so i don't get why they are showcasing that as an example. If anything, the fact they backed out of sex is almost a slap in the face to social conscience, although I know race wasn't the reason for it. Had to laugh at the comment about Jen not being worried about race. I'm pretty sure Abby's relationships are the last thing she would worry about - unless Abby decided to chase after Dr Orange!
True, but it looks like the Abby and nu-Cameron relationship could be about to begin.

but in way they writing chad and abby lately if camron and abby will be couple they only be use as angst for chad and abby
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

TFP. This article was sad. It just confirms how out of touch and self-satisfied and clueless the executives are about what they're putting out. This part was especially dishearting to me: "I'm feeling really good and we've got some great stuff coming forward," Evans says. "I'm hoping that will give us a bit more ratings-wise. Creatively, we're very strong."

:hmmph:

But I won't dwell on it, since so many here have basically already expressed how I feel.

Just wanted to point out this:

Quote:

"Days" is hoping to inspire and connect with its viewers in a new way with the upcoming book "Days of Our Lives Better Living: Cast Secrets for a Healthier, Balanced Life" by Corday Prods. senior VP Greg Meng and Eddie Campbell.

"It may have life past a coffee table or informational book as a (Web) series dealing with different cast members on a weekly basis," Corday says.

I had heard there was another book in the offing, but didn't know it had this slant or that there was a possible web series associated with it.

Bee
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Jan 10 2013, 10:16 AM
I think that at one time all that was true..but now..not so much. The whole Ej with Sami thing loses everything the show use to stand for. Putting her with him after the past (and present) they have it so NOT the message they need to be sending out! I wonder if the author of this article is aware of this huge mistake DAYS is playing with right now?
It's the type of story Days told long before EJ and Sami with Bill and Laura so actually it is on par for the show. I'm not sure I think the show itself stands for anything. It's a soap. At most it's an outlet to tell outlandish tales with a knowing wink and a touch of romance.

Ellie

annie21
Jan 13 2013, 09:57 AM

Just wanted to point out this:

Quote:

"Days" is hoping to inspire and connect with its viewers in a new way with the upcoming book "Days of Our Lives Better Living: Cast Secrets for a Healthier, Balanced Life" by Corday Prods. senior VP Greg Meng and Eddie Campbell.

"It may have life past a coffee table or informational book as a (Web) series dealing with different cast members on a weekly basis," Corday says.

I had heard there was another book in the offing, but didn't know it had this slant or that there was a possible web series associated with it.

My guess is that 'web series' is used loosely here... probably a video per week like the "Making of the DAYSaster" videos, with a cast member elaborating on his/her part in the book. Just a guess but my point is that this isn't the same type of thing as 'The Grove' or whatever.

six
Member Avatar

I don't really mind that Days doesn't try to make their characters culturally diverse, because I have a feeling that any attempts to do so would be offensive, but since they don't, I don't think the show is doing anything of note with the the interracial couples they have. It doesn't seem like anything that needs to be remarked upon anymore. IOWA, having mainstream American characters who happen to be different colors date hasn't merited a mention in an article in a very long time.
Edited by six, Jan 13 2013, 11:14 AM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I believe that the first interracial couple on T.V. was Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez in the show "I Love Lucy" Lucy and Desi had to fight for Desi's part on the show because the studio wanted a white man to play her husband. They used their own money to go on a tour doing I Love Lucy bits in theaters to rave reviews. Only when it was well received did CBS agree to let Desi star as Lucys husband.

Ellie

Posted Image

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Jan 13 2013, 06:21 PM
Please tell me Crystal Chappell isn't included in this book.

Will&Sonny

Based on what we've seen recently, "balanced" is the last word that I'd use to describe Crystal Chappell, so I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that she won't be featured in this book.

(Plus, there's also the fact that this is a new book, and Crystal's been off of the show for over a year now.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply