Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 10 2013, 10:21 AM (8,982 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 10 2013, 01:05 PM
Nick believes love is an action. Well, that explains all the pre-marital sex he had with Gabi.
Despite how many times they do it my stomach still churns a bit everytime I think of someone being pregnant and having sex with someone other than the father of the child in their womb.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 10 2013, 02:22 PM
SocRMum1
Jan 10 2013, 02:11 PM
JessicaLeigh
Jan 10 2013, 01:47 PM
E.J. in the present incarnation is a better Hugh Grant than Hugh Grant.
I haven't seen today's show yet...but this doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. :wub:
Well I don't know about being a better Hugh Grant than Hugh Grant (I ADORE Hugh Grant), but as charming and handsome and erudite as Hugh Grant's characters are, in no way should EJ be acting like a bloke out of Notting Hill or Four Weddings. So I found it a little disturbing today, to be totally honest. Because if I am going to like EJ, I am going to like him as a sexy villain. Not as someone dithering and sheepish. JS is handsome and undeniably charming, so it's not the most offensive thing on the planet. But it's not the look I want for EJ.
He could do Hugh Grant from Bridget Jones Diary - Daniel Cleaver.
That was sexy villain. (and crappy fighter)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ozdCJJ6osg
Edited by concerned, Jan 10 2013, 03:16 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

It's so sad what they have reduced Ej to. I just want Ej free from Sami's drama. Its so obvious that once again Ej is Sami's back up guy. Can't believe they destroyed Ejole and killed off their baby so we could see Sami dump Ej for Rafe AGAIN. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Brami❤

Honeybees
Jan 10 2013, 01:27 PM
Does Allie go to school? Syd? No. Okay. Fine.

Also, who is this Hugh Grant esque figure pretending to be EJ? Is the real EJ in a dungeon somewhere?
:lol: IKR! Never thought I'd see the day when Chad was more of a Dimera than EJ. Now I know why Stefano is in hiding. He's embarrassed of this lame, imitation EJ. :shame:

elci525
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 10 2013, 03:11 PM
elci525
SocRMum1
JessicaLeigh
I haven't seen today's show yet...but this doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. :wub:
Well I don't know about being a better Hugh Grant than Hugh Grant (I ADORE Hugh Grant), but as charming and handsome and erudite as Hugh Grant's characters are, in no way should EJ be acting like a bloke out of Notting Hill or Four Weddings. So I found it a little disturbing today, to be totally honest. Because if I am going to like EJ, I am going to like him as a sexy villain. Not as someone dithering and sheepish. JS is handsome and undeniably charming, so it's not the most offensive thing on the planet. But it's not the look I want for EJ.
That would be more acceptable, as Daniel Cleaver was an ass and a cad but a charmer from the gate. Who turned out to be a total sleaze and lost the girl =)

But I cited Notting Hill and Four Weddings for a reason...that was just disappointing to see EJ like that, and I don't even care all that much for the character.

On another note, I rather loved Chloe just closing the door on Kate during one of Kate's rants. Awesome.
Edited by elci525, Jan 10 2013, 03:17 PM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

DJsMommy
Honeybees
Jan 10 2013, 01:27 PM
Does Allie go to school? Syd? No. Okay. Fine.

Also, who is this Hugh Grant esque figure pretending to be EJ? Is the real EJ in a dungeon somewhere?
:lol: IKR! Never thought I'd see the day when Chad was more of a Dimera than EJ. Now I know why Stefano is in hiding. He's embarrassed of this lame, imitation EJ. :shame:
i thinking Stefano is hiding becsuase He's embarrassed that his daughter kristen have more balls than his 2 sons chad and ej put together now

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

concerned
elci525
SocRMum1
JessicaLeigh
I have to disagree on that, LOL! EJ Dimera is way sexier than Daniel Cleaver. Give me Mark Darcy any day of the week. :P ;)

As for today's snoozefest of Days, I lost interest 25 minutes in and went and did other things. The only good thing I can say is that Parker is one cute kid! :wub: I hope to heaven that he stays with his mother and is not raised by Bitchifer and Orange Glow.

lysie
Member Avatar

Okay. I forgot Daniel Cleaver was that characters name and I automatically assumed y'all were making some sort of joke about Daniel acting like Ward Cleaver.

concerned
Member Avatar

Thanks to you all - I now have images of James Scott dancing down the DiMera staircase repeating in my head - (still it will be good to see Mary again)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUm2K6eDuMU&list=PLGiO5rRhSZscrdcn52sdShKfu-dVmRroZ&index=8

Lil
Member Avatar

I MISS MARY!! lol

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

elci525
JS is handsome and undeniably charming, so it's not the most offensive thing on the planet. But it's not the look I want for EJ.
Hmmm... I'm with you on this. Maybe we should just pretend he's a different character? Kinda like how Lysie insists that JT is now playing a character called Winston. Yeah, I'm thinking I will just call him Everett from now so I can enjoy the sexy charm without the frustration.

4vrejami

AFaithL
Jan 10 2013, 03:01 PM
I find "Daddy Daniel" adorable.
well at least it's not creepy like when he was playing daddy to melanie. Those two came off as skeavy and gross. Never bought them as father/daughter.
Edited by 4vrejami, Jan 10 2013, 03:50 PM.

4vrejami

i kinda wish Daniel and chloe would reunite.
They do have chemistry
and upside is that Daniel would finally leave. I just find Daniel and Chloe way more tolerable than Daniel and jennifer.
Edited by 4vrejami, Jan 10 2013, 03:54 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 10 2013, 03:49 PM
elci525
JS is handsome and undeniably charming, so it's not the most offensive thing on the planet. But it's not the look I want for EJ.
Hmmm... I'm with you on this. Maybe we should just pretend he's a different character? Kinda like how Lysie insists that JT is now playing a character called Winston. Yeah, I'm thinking I will just call him Everett from now so I can enjoy the sexy charm without the frustration.
Everett Dimera or Elvis Everett or just Everett like Cher and Madonna?

Will&Sonny

elci525
Jan 10 2013, 01:36 PM
OMG What is wrong with EJ right now?? Since when is EJ a character in a British rom com? When will he begin to stutter? Or when will a scenario like this happen: he begins talking when someone else begins talking, and then sheepishly says "you go", but they both say "you go" at the same time, so he awkwardly laughs and says "no you, no you go," and then makes some self-deprecating remark about his bad timing or big mouth - ? Yeah, when will the non stop self-effacing behavior start? Who IS this man?
Re: the bolded...for me, that's basically how Daniel and Jennifer's dialogue plays out every time they try to talk to each other...which is the main reason that I can't stand their shared scenes.

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 10 2013, 03:49 PM
elci525
Pretends?

bomber
Member Avatar

4vrejami
Jan 10 2013, 03:52 PM
They do have chemistry
and upside is that Daniel would finally leave. I just find Daniel and Chloe way more tolerable than Daniel and jennifer.
I would love to know why NB didn't renew her contract. She was upset when she was fired and all the actors talk about what a great atmosphere it is on the Days set and we haven't heard of her getting a better gig. If she had stayed on I think Danloe may have happened again at some point - . I don't believe she refused because her character was being trashed. Actors see it differently from the audience - for them it would be an opportunity to explore and extend their character further. I wonder if we will ever know.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I really can't stand Chloe. The fact that she's insistent on taking Kate out of Parker's life makes her completely selfish as a mother. "He's young, he'll forget you"? Umm WTF bitch? Despite the fact that you hate Kate, your son has known her as his grandmother his whole life! This shouldn't just be about what's best for Chloe, it should be about what's best for Parker.

Sigh...

concerned
Member Avatar

So EJ had all these people follow Nicole around pre Round 3, and during babydaysaster and yet he hasn't put a tail on Sami even though he is obsessed with her?

Surely someone would have reported back Rafe and Sami playing tongue hockey in the park to him.

Can't believe he hasn't put a nanny cam in one of the penguins.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

bomber
Jan 10 2013, 04:02 PM
4vrejami
Jan 10 2013, 03:52 PM
They do have chemistry
I would love to know why NB didn't renew her contract. She was upset when she was fired and all the actors talk about what a great atmosphere it is on the Days set and we haven't heard of her getting a better gig. If she had stayed on I think Danloe may have happened again at some point - . I don't believe she refused because her character was being trashed. Actors see it differently from the audience - for them it would be an opportunity to explore and extend their character further. I wonder if we will ever know.
I would like to know why she came back, to be honest! This return is making me hate her character.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply