Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 10 2013, 10:21 AM (8,752 Views)
lastDays
Member Avatar

am103
Jan 10 2013, 02:54 PM
These past few days without Kristen have been a total snore, but I'll tell you one thing that manages to keep the show mildly interesting for me lately - the dialogue. The dialogue and snark has been so good lately between most of the characters. Quite frankly I'm rather impressed. Not so much with the performances, because I feel like some of the actors are just phoning it in for whatever reason, but the dialogue has been rather on-point lately and it's a very welcome change.

By the way, Chloe slamming the door in Kate's face was fifty shades of AWESOME! I have to see that again.
My fav exchange from their confrontation :

Kate :I want to see my grandson

Chloe:Will's not here :lol:

Chloe a t least seems more confident and strong compared to the way she was in the weeks leading up to her departure.Only thing I can praise Whitesell and Tomlin for
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I'm on Team Off-screen Philip!

nolagirl
Member Avatar

bomber
Jan 10 2013, 04:02 PM
4vrejami
Jan 10 2013, 03:52 PM
i kinda wish Daniel and chloe would reunite.
They do have chemistry
and upside is that Daniel would finally leave. I just find Daniel and Chloe way more tolerable than Daniel and jennifer.
I would love to know why NB didn't renew her contract. She was upset when she was fired and all the actors talk about what a great atmosphere it is on the Days set and we haven't heard of her getting a better gig. If she had stayed on I think Danloe may have happened again at some point - . I don't believe she refused because her character was being trashed. Actors see it differently from the audience - for them it would be an opportunity to explore and extend their character further. I wonder if we will ever know.
Well on one hand a paycheck is a paycheck, but honestly the way Tomlin treated her on her last stint/exit I think she's more like I'll go for awhile but not give them a chance to truly screw me over, what's the saying "Always make them begging for more".

Harmony233

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 10 2013, 04:09 PM
I'm on Team Off-screen Philip!
me too

appleblossom

nolagirl
Jan 10 2013, 04:09 PM
bomber
4vrejami
They do have chemistry
and upside is that Daniel would finally leave. I just find Daniel and Chloe way more tolerable than Daniel and jennifer.
I would love to know why NB didn't renew her contract. She was upset when she was fired and all the actors talk about what a great atmosphere it is on the Days set and we haven't heard of her getting a better gig. If she had stayed on I think Danloe may have happened again at some point - . I don't believe she refused because her character was being trashed. Actors see it differently from the audience - for them it would be an opportunity to explore and extend their character further. I wonder if we will ever know.
Well on one hand a paycheck is a paycheck, but honestly the way Tomlin treated her on her last stint/exit I think she's more like I'll go for awhile but not give them a chance to truly screw me over, what's the saying "Always make them begging for more".
I've heard Tomlin did not like BD or Matt Ashford, what problems did he have with Nadia? Did she want more screentime or better scripts?

4vrejami

bomber
4vrejami
They do have chemistry
I would like to know why too. and I also don't think she's upset about how her character is being played now. She seemed pretty excited about playing chloe as kinda a villain this time around in a recent radio interview i watched on youtube.
Think it's because she hates the danloe pairing? and how do we know if tomsell even asked if she wanted to extend? SOD never really made that clear i don't think.
Edited by 4vrejami, Jan 10 2013, 04:29 PM.

4vrejami

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 10 2013, 04:05 PM
I really can't stand Chloe. The fact that she's insistent on taking Kate out of Parker's life makes her completely selfish as a mother. "He's young, he'll forget you"? Umm WTF bitch? Despite the fact that you hate Kate, your son has known her as his grandmother his whole life! This shouldn't just be about what's best for Chloe, it should be about what's best for Parker.

Sigh...
parker isn't kate's grandson anymore so she needs to fuck off.
And I don't blame chloe at all for not wanting kate anywhere near her kid. the woman tried to kill her and forced her into prostitution.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 10 2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks to you all - I now have images of James Scott dancing down the DiMera staircase repeating in my head - (still it will be good to see Mary again)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUm2K6eDuMU&list=PLGiO5rRhSZscrdcn52sdShKfu-dVmRroZ&index=8
I love this! It made my day a little brighter..

But I never want to see EJ doing that! He can never hold a candle to Hugh..

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 10 2013, 04:00 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 10 2013, 03:49 PM
elci525
Jan 10 2013, 02:22 PM
JS is handsome and undeniably charming, so it's not the most offensive thing on the planet. But it's not the look I want for EJ.
Hmmm... I'm with you on this. Maybe we should just pretend he's a different character? Kinda like how Lysie insists that JT is now playing a character called Winston. Yeah, I'm thinking I will just call him Everett from now so I can enjoy the sexy charm without the frustration.
Pretends?
I'm pretending. You're insisting. That sounds right.

ETA: @concerned - yes, just Everett - the sexy new character from Northampton
Edited by tomsawyer, Jan 10 2013, 04:41 PM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

4vrejami
Jan 10 2013, 04:28 PM
NocturnalBlondie
I really can't stand Chloe. The fact that she's insistent on taking Kate out of Parker's life makes her completely selfish as a mother. "He's young, he'll forget you"? Umm WTF bitch? Despite the fact that you hate Kate, your son has known her as his grandmother his whole life! This shouldn't just be about what's best for Chloe, it should be about what's best for Parker.

Sigh...
And I don't blame chloe at all for not wanting kate anywhere near her kid. the woman tried to kill her and forced her into prostitution.
Kate tried to poison Chloe over Daniel, then tried to drive Chloe to suicide to get Parker away from her. I wouldn't trust Kate either.

concerned
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 10 2013, 04:36 PM
lysie
Jan 10 2013, 04:00 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 10 2013, 03:49 PM
elci525
Jan 10 2013, 02:22 PM
JS is handsome and undeniably charming, so it's not the most offensive thing on the planet. But it's not the look I want for EJ.
Hmmm... I'm with you on this. Maybe we should just pretend he's a different character? Kinda like how Lysie insists that JT is now playing a character called Winston. Yeah, I'm thinking I will just call him Everett from now so I can enjoy the sexy charm without the frustration.
Pretends?
I'm pretending. You're insisting. That sounds right.

ETA: @concerned - yes, just Everett - the sexy new character from Northampton
Northampton. Nice - Near Princess Di's grave.

blueskies
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie

Sigh...
Idk, I'm on Chloe's side when it comes to Kate. If someone tried to kill me with poison brownies and I learned that my kid wasn't actually their grandson, I'm pretty sure I'd cut them out of my kid's life too, especially since Parker's so young. Then again this is Salem not real life so it's not really an apples to apples comparison since nearly everyone Chloe knows has attempted murder/other large crime and I can't say I know anyone who has done the same.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Thank God for Kate. She is our mouthpiece.

Victor's attitude annoyed the crap out of me. Can Maggie please re-attach his balls? Thank you.

EJ? Why is he being written so pathetic and lovestruck. Ugh. I'd rather he be OBSESSED with Sami. Not Stefano obsessed but at least DOING something besides this garbage. Oy.

I liked the Will and Sonny scenes.

I actually find myself liking Chad and Abby. Abby's so much better away from that twit of a mother.

Sami and Will were sweet. I liked that moment. At least, overall, we've seen Will grow up with her. It's nice to still see that play out.

Today's show wasn't horrible, I just wish I cared more about these people.
Edited by KMan101, Jan 10 2013, 05:12 PM.

supercool74
Member Avatar

Will and Sonny were adorable...but I just couldn't enjoy any of it because I know that Sonny is going to be devastated when it all comes out, and Will is going to break my heart with his guilt-ridden pleas for forgiveness. I'm so disappointed with the way they've written Nick. I used to really like him and he's just turned into the biggest asshole. I was so excited to have him back and now I can't stand it when he's on. He's become such a smug douche. I really hope they are able to redeem him at some point.
Edited by supercool74, Jan 10 2013, 05:11 PM.

4vrejami

Question:

would anyone be open to an EJ/Chloe pairing?

I'm sick of the writers wasting chloe on Dr.sleazeball and EJ being stuck in Safe.
NB and JS would be hot together. maybe Nadia would change her mind and stay.
I like ejami but I always wanted EJ and Chloe to get together. I don't get why the writers have never gone there.

4vrejami

TreasureCove
Jan 10 2013, 04:38 PM
4vrejami
NocturnalBlondie

Sigh...
Kate tried to poison Chloe over Daniel, then tried to drive Chloe to suicide to get Parker away from her. I wouldn't trust Kate either.
completely forgot about her driving chloe to suicide.
yeah. if I were chloe I wouldn't want that psycho anywhere near my kid either.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I think EJ could have potential with anyone, honestly. They're actually wasting him right now. I can't believe I said that LOL.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'd much rather this Parker story be about Chloe snapping and just have this Parker thing be a big scam on her part. I mean, Chloe hasn't exactly had a great life, she could snap and be desperately trying to capture what she had.

Oh. Wait.

Tomlin's writing.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

4vrejami
NocturnalBlondie

Sigh...
So? To Parker, she is still his grandmother. I'm not expecting Chloe to be BFFs with Kate... I just think it's harsh to completely rip her out of Parker's life. Not harsh to Kate, harsh to Parker.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Finally watching...OMG Parker :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply