Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 10 2013, 10:21 AM (8,931 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 10 2013, 07:56 PM
blueskies
Jan 10 2013, 07:54 PM
btw, i don't know about the rest of you, but I'm still hoping Brandon wins.
Would that count as a "controversial and slippery slope" interacial relationship?
lol, i'm not sure, but i'm sure Nicole would still find it controversial. Although if Nicole and Eric couple up, it could be a nice quad with each freaking out at the other for "being wrong for their brother".
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm just not interested in Days at all this week. There are some decent things going on, but I continue to not care about these people.

I tried to watch EJ's scenes and seem his as Everett. And that did actually help a little. But my gosh. Everett is one pathetic man. I pity him. She's not even being subtle about the fact that she's not into him.

How weird that Johnny is in school and Allie and Sydney are no where.

Farker Deux is boring and too old to be sucking his thumb.

This may be the most I've ever disliked Chloe. And I hate that they're pretending losing Parker was something that affected Daniel at all.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Jan 10 2013, 08:01 PM
Get a grip Ej. It's not like Sami hasn't heard this soul bearing by you countless times before. (Actually isn't that pretty much the brunt of all their conversations?) I did have to crack up at the straight way they had him say lines such as 'I'd never blindside you' and 'I don't want to see you hurt'. I think they need to reflect a moment on the character before they write those sentiments for him to spiel. At least Sami showed enough compassion to not slam him down with her Rafe news after his flowery speech.

Chloe and Kate were fantastic. I loved Chloe standing her ground and letting Kate have it with both barrels. I can't wait for Nancy to come join the fray.

I love me some Victor snark but what's with his 'oh well, these things happen' attitude?

For a minute I thought I was going to love Ej again when he mentioned revenge to Chad . . . and then he totally disappointed me.

Sonny and Will had nice moments and so did Sami and Will. I really liked the Gabi/Will conversation and the reminder of their sweet friendship before Nick came over and destroyed it.

Nick was actually fun again when he went into his explanations of securing his new family financial future to Rafe. His earnestness was endearing. I wish we'd see more of this and less of the jerk.

The final Safe scenes were good. I do buy that Rafe and Sami would want to work things out without reservation and are happy to move forward.

I like Chad and Abby as a couple again - although a part of me still thinks Ej and Abby would stir up some epic controversy! Fun, Fun!

I hope Chad's plan has been to take Gabi down at her wedding all along. I need some true Dimera action pronto!
Yeah that line by Ej that he doesn't like to see Sami hurt totally cracked me up. Didn't he have a front row seat to watch Sami hurt, a hurt he caused, over the bloody clothes in the river and letting her think her daughter was dead? Come on, writers. At least make the lines somewhat believable.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Everett....I might could work with this.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

When I hear Rafe say "Mama" I always think of Luis on Passions.

Will&Sonny

magicsteacher
Jan 10 2013, 08:53 PM
Hamilton
Get a grip Ej. It's not like Sami hasn't heard this soul bearing by you countless times before. (Actually isn't that pretty much the brunt of all their conversations?) I did have to crack up at the straight way they had him say lines such as 'I'd never blindside you' and 'I don't want to see you hurt'. I think they need to reflect a moment on the character before they write those sentiments for him to spiel. At least Sami showed enough compassion to not slam him down with her Rafe news after his flowery speech.
Yeah that line by Ej that he doesn't like to see Sami hurt totally cracked me up. Didn't he have a front row seat to watch Sami hurt, a hurt he caused, over the bloody clothes in the river and letting her think her daughter was dead? Come on, writers. At least make the lines somewhat believable.
Everyone knows that I hate E.J., but I don't mind hearing him say things like that. Villains are often delusional and unable to see the hypocrisy of their statements, so I can live with that.

What I do mind is seeing Sami accept such bullshit instead of pointing out the obvious -- that E.J. only hates seeing her get hurt when he's not the one who is causing said pain. We just saw him delight in breaking up Sami and Rafe a short time ago (when he blackmailed Rafe into giving up Sami to protect Gabi) -- I believe his exact words were, "Poor Samantha. She must be feeling terrible," said with a smile as he eagerly anticipated comforting her for something that he had caused to happen. And Sami knows that he did that, just like she knows about countless other things that E.J. has done to hurt her.

It's bad enough that we know that it's bullshit, but when the character who is listening to the bullshit also knows that it's bullshit and refuses to acknowledge that the room suddenly stinks, I stop being able to take the conversation seriously.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 10 2013, 08:14 PM
I'm just not interested in Days at all this week. There are some decent things going on, but I continue to not care about these people.

I tried to watch EJ's scenes and seem his as Everett. And that did actually help a little. But my gosh. Everett is one pathetic man. I pity him. She's not even being subtle about the fact that she's not into him.

How weird that Johnny is in school and Allie and Sydney are no where.

Farker Deux is boring and too old to be sucking his thumb.

This may be the most I've ever disliked Chloe. And I hate that they're pretending losing Parker was something that affected Daniel at all.
Daniel and Jennifer experience loss in the same way.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Rafe is still a slob.

TUCK YOUR SHIRT IN!

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 10 2013, 09:13 PM
magicsteacher
Jan 10 2013, 08:53 PM
Hamilton
Everyone knows that I hate E.J., but I don't mind hearing him say things like that. Villains are often delusional and unable to see the hypocrisy of their statements, so I can live with that.

What I do mind is seeing Sami accept such bullshit instead of pointing out the obvious -- that E.J. only hates seeing her get hurt when he's not the one who is causing said pain. We just saw him delight in breaking up Sami and Rafe a short time ago (when he blackmailed Rafe into giving up Sami to protect Gabi) -- I believe his exact words were, "Poor Samantha. She must be feeling terrible," said with a smile as he eagerly anticipated comforting her for something that he had caused to happen. And Sami knows that he did that, just like she knows about countless other things that E.J. has done to hurt her.

It's bad enough that we know that it's bullshit, but when the character who is listening to the bullshit also knows that it's bullshit and refuses to acknowledge that the room suddenly stinks, I stop being able to take the conversation seriously.
Awesome post!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Everett needs some smarmy lessons from EJ.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I don't like the fact that Dan is rhyming. That's our job!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Parker thinks Chloe & Dan are as lame as I do.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Kate's wearing a squirrel.

AFaithL

I loved Chloe calling out Kate today.

That's all I got from this episode.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

It's happened, Mr Peanut has been unvilllified.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I think we should all be horse whipped for jumping on the Magstor ship.

It ruined the Peanut.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Does Sonny have a wild eye?

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 10 2013, 09:42 PM
I think we should all be horse whipped for jumping on the Magstor ship.

It ruined the Peanut.
I know. I've never been so ashamed.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Yeah Gabi, the look on your face is the same as your brothers.... :huh1:

concerned
Member Avatar

Disappointed with Nick today - I had hopes he may bring about Rafe's downfall.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply