Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 10 2013, 10:21 AM (8,911 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 10 2013, 10:48 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 10 2013, 10:06 PM
They've turned Everett into a big ole SCHMOOP.

Bastards.
Ahem...

Everett IS a schmoop. He's sweet and charming and bumbling. :wub:

You can't project EJ expectations onto Everett. They're different characters!!! :P
My bad.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 10 2013, 10:23 PM
SoapGal's posts are made of win. :popcorn:
Awww... But...

You can't win 'em all. B-)

mer4santo
Member Avatar
Ineffable!

concerned
Jan 10 2013, 07:24 PM
mer4santo
Jan 10 2013, 07:17 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Jan 10 2013, 03:11 PM
It's so sad what they have reduced Ej to. I just want Ej free from Sami's drama. Its so obvious that once again Ej is Sami's back up guy. Can't believe they destroyed Ejole and killed off their baby so we could see Sami dump Ej for Rafe AGAIN. :shame:
EJ was a different version of this lame with Nicole and a different version of this lame with Taylor. It's never ending and yucky. However if I pretend he isn't EJ then he makes my ovaries ache.
But at at least when he was lame with Nicole he was - also having Stephanie stuffed in the morgue, still running an evil empire, coordinating a Doppleganger scheme, blackmailing Will, rorting the American Democracy system.
and whilst lame with Taylor he was - coordinating a Doppelganger scheme, a bit player in a Kiriakis - Di Mera war, and sneaking around on his wife.

Now all he is doing is chasing after Sami, thinking about lipstick and offering Chad advice on girls.
Your Comparison is in the eye of the beholder. I didn't think most of those evil schemes were particularly wise or sexy about him either.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
Ineffable!

tomsawyer
Jan 10 2013, 07:27 PM
mer4santo
Jan 10 2013, 07:14 PM
SocRMum1
Jan 10 2013, 02:11 PM
JessicaLeigh
Jan 10 2013, 01:47 PM
E.J. in the present incarnation is a better Hugh Grant than Hugh Grant.
I haven't seen today's show yet...but this doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. :wub:
It's not bad if I didn't know the guy was EJ. I swear, I'm waiting for impending head injury #4 to make him a psycho again within 3 months.
Then join me in becoming an Everett fan! All of the charm and none of the baggage. The scenes between him and Sami today were adorbs.
EVERETT!

mer4santo
Member Avatar
Ineffable!

SoapGal1
Jan 10 2013, 09:42 PM
I think we should all be horse whipped for jumping on the Magstor ship.

It ruined the Peanut.
You must have purchased the bargain ticket for the end of this ride. We've been hating on this for ages.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
Ineffable!

tomsawyer
Jan 10 2013, 10:48 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 10 2013, 10:06 PM
They've turned Everett into a big ole SCHMOOP.

Bastards.
Ahem...

Everett IS a schmoop. He's sweet and charming and bumbling. :wub:

You can't project EJ expectations onto Everett. They're different characters!!! :P
This is a very liberating exercise!

concerned
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jan 10 2013, 11:31 PM
concerned
Jan 10 2013, 07:24 PM
mer4santo
Jan 10 2013, 07:17 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Jan 10 2013, 03:11 PM
It's so sad what they have reduced Ej to. I just want Ej free from Sami's drama. Its so obvious that once again Ej is Sami's back up guy. Can't believe they destroyed Ejole and killed off their baby so we could see Sami dump Ej for Rafe AGAIN. :shame:
EJ was a different version of this lame with Nicole and a different version of this lame with Taylor. It's never ending and yucky. However if I pretend he isn't EJ then he makes my ovaries ache.
But at at least when he was lame with Nicole he was - also having Stephanie stuffed in the morgue, still running an evil empire, coordinating a Doppleganger scheme, blackmailing Will, rorting the American Democracy system.
and whilst lame with Taylor he was - coordinating a Doppelganger scheme, a bit player in a Kiriakis - Di Mera war, and sneaking around on his wife.

Now all he is doing is chasing after Sami, thinking about lipstick and offering Chad advice on girls.
Your Comparison is in the eye of the beholder. I didn't think most of those evil schemes were particularly wise or sexy about him either.
Is there an example of an evil scheme that was perpetrated by EJ that was wise or sexy or is this a bit like the golden goose egg?

The point I was trying to make was that at least with both Taylor and Nicole there were other agenda's on the board. His sole purpose of being was not the pursuit of said lady.
Also that I don't think he was this lame with Nicole, and that I think he is currently even lamer than he was with Taylor.

annie21

appleblossom
Jan 10 2013, 04:19 PM
nolagirl
Jan 10 2013, 04:09 PM
bomber
Jan 10 2013, 04:02 PM
4vrejami
Jan 10 2013, 03:52 PM
i kinda wish Daniel and chloe would reunite.
They do have chemistry
and upside is that Daniel would finally leave. I just find Daniel and Chloe way more tolerable than Daniel and jennifer.
I would love to know why NB didn't renew her contract. She was upset when she was fired and all the actors talk about what a great atmosphere it is on the Days set and we haven't heard of her getting a better gig. If she had stayed on I think Danloe may have happened again at some point - . I don't believe she refused because her character was being trashed. Actors see it differently from the audience - for them it would be an opportunity to explore and extend their character further. I wonder if we will ever know.
Well on one hand a paycheck is a paycheck, but honestly the way Tomlin treated her on her last stint/exit I think she's more like I'll go for awhile but not give them a chance to truly screw me over, what's the saying "Always make them begging for more".
I've heard Tomlin did not like BD or Matt Ashford, what problems did he have with Nadia? Did she want more screentime or better scripts?
I don't think Tomlin necessarily dislikes Nadia or Chloe. After all, he supposedly is close with CC, but that didn't stop him from approving scripts that had Carly literally dumpster-diving in back alleys, almost getting molested by a homeless guy, and self-destructing to the brink of suicide -- all because of her unrequited love for Daniel.

My view is that Tomlin has presided over the destruction of most of the female characters on this show (and quite a few males), but ESPECIALLY those female characters who have been paired with Daniel. All of those he's slept with have become uncharacteristically obsessed, suicidal, and generally whacked out bimbos as a result. It's uncanny, really.

concerned
Member Avatar

So was Sami thinking she was going to hitch up with Rafe and he would be all fine and dandy with her continuing to work with EJ at Countess W?

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

am103
Jan 10 2013, 01:48 PM
Kate: "Ugh, you might be the worst mother in the world."

Chloe: "Oh, don't give up that crown so easily."

Bazinga!
Bazinga indeed! :D

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Are this board giving up on Summaries?

lysie
Member Avatar

Hologram
Jan 11 2013, 03:09 AM
If the show gets back to being a day ahead in Canada, we'll resume.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 10 2013, 04:05 PM
I really can't stand Chloe. The fact that she's insistent on taking Kate out of Parker's life makes her completely selfish as a mother. "He's young, he'll forget you"? Umm WTF bitch? Despite the fact that you hate Kate, your son has known her as his grandmother his whole life! This shouldn't just be about what's best for Chloe, it should be about what's best for Parker.

Sigh...
i fine with chloe treatment with kate it not like parker used to kate all the time the problem is how chloe treat phillp which been with him everyday chloe seem to thinks low about phillp and careless about phillp

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Hologram
Jan 11 2013, 03:09 AM
well there is site of hour head

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

They need to bite the bullet and hire Eva Tamargo as Mama Hernandez.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jan 11 2013, 05:38 AM
They need to bite the bullet and hire Eva Tamargo as Mama Hernandez.
I'd be happy with this. It'd help GG in the believability department for sure (doesn't have to try to build a new relationship w/some new woman, which undoubtedly would take him a while). And quite honestly I think she was one of the better actresses on the show.

Lil
Member Avatar

This episode was mostly snoozewothy but I watched it.

Kate and Victor need to share more screentime, god dammit. No one "gets" Kate the way that Victor does. No one. And Maggie sucks. Kate & Vic need to either be reunited or at least WORK together again. Maybe Kate can bake Maggie something.

Chloe snark WOULD HAVE been perfect if it was delivered by a better actress. The fact that NB always looks like she's staring off into space when she talks is extremely distracting. But it was enjoyable. Watching Chloe nip at Kate like that is mildly amusing in the same way that Pod-Jen going after Nicole was. Only problem is I'm SUPPOSED to be rooting for Chloe but instead I'm rooting for Kate. even though she is clearly in the wrong. lol

Mama Hernandez sounds like a vajayjay.

Lil
Member Avatar

Wow...can't say "C-U next Tuesday" anymore? lol

Also...EJ has been completely and utterly pussified. Wow. He was horrible today.

Why is Johnny the only kid going to school?

Chad still sucks.

Edited by Lil, Jan 11 2013, 09:13 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I agree with those that said that Ej was written way too over the top sappy yesterday and with a hint of desperation in expressing his love for Sami. Sami on the other hand sort of looked like she was taken back by his declaration, why is that? This isn't the first time since they have gotten closer than he's told her flat out that he loves her, while she just continues to smile and not say shit back. So why is she taken back by his latest statement? Then she seemed to really want to tell him about her reunification with Rafe, but was interrupted twice by Johnny. I got the feeling that she was about to break out the 'we are better off as friends' statement and let him down easily. I also feel that they are doing some pretty heavy handed Rafe 'moves in quick' writing here. I've never seen Rafe be so strong coming onto Sami. It's like he's treating her as this 'prize' to take from Ej and it just feels like there is an emphasis in him wanting her to 'tell Ej' over just being together and living happily. I am not sure what we are suppose to take from that but since I have no horse in this race, I see Rafe pressuring her to tell Ej so they can be together while Ej is written desperately wanting to conquer her before Rafe makes his move. I'm not sure if TomSell realize that they are really writing Lucas as the best option at this point......only guy that isn't in this 'fight' but the only one that actually looks really good now.

I don't know I just get the feeling that Days is spinning it's wheels with this story. They don't know what they want to do, but from the writing of late, I do get the feeling that they are making an effort to show that if it wasn't for what will happen come next week at the wedding that Sami would be with Rafe and let Ej go. Now obviously that apparently hits a snag and she has a fight with Rafe. The problem is that fight isn't about Safe, or their trust issues, unless Rafe believes that Sami knew about Will keeping the secret and didn't say anything, but that doesn't appear to be the case. The issue is how Sami behaved toward Gabi, which Rafe takes offense to. He's the one that somehow speaks to Eric and states that apparently him and Sami can't be together.....nothing is stating that Sami feels that way too now.

appleblossom

Remember when Lucas first came back, he was sugary sweet, making dinner for Sami, taking the kids to school, I'm like WTH! Lucas was never that nice. I do think EJ needs to get his pride back and tell Sami "To take a hike baby"!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply