Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chad Stops The Wedding!; Airs the week of January 14th
Topic Started: Jan 10 2013, 05:52 PM (6,456 Views)
Honeybees
Member Avatar

I can't see EJ supporting Nick in a campaign to use the shooting against Will. EJ seems, in his EJ way, to be fond of Will and he's definitely crazy about Sami these days. And legally, Will was a minor and his father told him to lie about it. And EJ seem unharmed. Will's not in much legal danger.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jan 10 2013, 08:05 PM
lene
Jan 10 2013, 06:35 PM
Nick is going to use the fact that Will shot EJ against him, okay...
But... Sonny also knows about Gabi's mess, so WilSon vs Nabi?
But doesn't EJ already know this about Will? And hasn't he gotten past it? At any rate, EJ is desperate to get Sami, so he'll back Will up for Sami's sake. And like someone pointed out before. Will was a minor when all this happened. Nick and Gabi were legal adults when they committed their crimes. And Gabi can still be prosecuted for hers.

In the long run, Nick can pull all the shenanigans he wants, but he and Gabi will come up short (in the legal department) in the end. But I'm sure the show will drag this shiz out FOREVER. At this rate I want both Nick and Gabi in prison so Will and Sonny can have the baby.
Yes, EJ has known for years that Will shot him and seems to be very much over it. However, if Salem law is consistent with the real world in this scenario, it's not EJ's choice as to whether or not to go after Will for the crime. It's the police and the DA that will decide if there's enough evidence to arrest and charge him. Yes, it will be harder for them to make a case against Will if EJ is uncooperative, but they can still pursue the case.

cajnej
Member Avatar

Thank you for posting and I am looking forward to this episode!!! Drama, mahem, bring it on!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Finally! Some drama happening! Although I still hate that Chad is such a big part of this. I still haven't taken to the character.

And I feel like this is going to make me hate Nick more than I already do right now. Sigh.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

vinnmerc
Jan 10 2013, 06:54 PM
Meanwhile, in a private conversation with Eric, Rafe reveals that whatever chance he had with Sami is gone. :hail: :rockon:
And in the soap world, when something like that is said, it usually ends up being the opposite. All this is to keep the triangle going. Looks like more Safe angst to me.

cord08

tomsawyer
Jan 10 2013, 08:53 PM
Pookie
lene
But doesn't EJ already know this about Will? And hasn't he gotten past it? At any rate, EJ is desperate to get Sami, so he'll back Will up for Sami's sake. And like someone pointed out before. Will was a minor when all this happened. Nick and Gabi were legal adults when they committed their crimes. And Gabi can still be prosecuted for hers.

In the long run, Nick can pull all the shenanigans he wants, but he and Gabi will come up short (in the legal department) in the end. But I'm sure the show will drag this shiz out FOREVER. At this rate I want both Nick and Gabi in prison so Will and Sonny can have the baby.
Yes, EJ has known for years that Will shot him and seems to be very much over it. However, if Salem law is consistent with the real world in this scenario, it's not EJ's choice as to whether or not to go after Will for the crime. It's the police and the DA that will decide if there's enough evidence to arrest and charge him. Yes, it will be harder for them to make a case against Will if EJ is uncooperative, but they can still pursue the case.
Exactly. Will could still be in a big legal mess even if EJ doesn't want to press charges. Heck, in the twisted world of soap opera, I could see EJ appointing himself as Will's lawyer (to impress Sami, of course) to defeat attempted murder charges. I would actually find that kind of hilarious.

Harmony233

I'm actually shocked there keeping the plot of will shooting EJ since we know how much tomlin loves to erase most of the stuff mardar wrote lol

Pookie
Member Avatar

Well, if we're assuming that real life legal precedents will be used, then neither Nick, Gabi or Will are legally fit to be parents. The courts would take the kid away from all of them. At best they would put the kid in the custody of the least crazy relative (that doesn't have rap sheet a mile long) between Gabi and Will. Which would be Uncle Rafe or Uncle Eric, right? Either way, Nick ain't getting his hands on that kid.
Edited by Pookie, Jan 10 2013, 09:36 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 10 2013, 09:14 PM
tomsawyer
Pookie
lene

Exactly. Will could still be in a big legal mess even if EJ doesn't want to press charges. Heck, in the twisted world of soap opera, I could see EJ appointing himself as Will's lawyer (to impress Sami, of course) to defeat attempted murder charges. I would actually find that kind of hilarious.
While it is up to the DA, options are severely restricted, especially since the statue of limitations might have passed. So, there's that. There's also the fact that Will was a minor, so he'd have to be tried as a minor. That means, he'd have to be sentenced as a minor, and since EJ lived that would only be a couple of years at max, but if EJ is uncooperative - or even stands up for Will - parole is probably the most reasonable thing a prosecutor could expect. Will's lawyer could negotiate a parole deal, which EJ could endorse, in about an hour. I actually want that to happen, so this won't hang over Will's head.

But if EJ lies to the DA and says it is Lucas, I can't see any DA taking it forward. Nick's leverage is very flimsy. Also, Lucas could sue for wrongful imprisonment (even though he confessed, he still could) and the DA wouldn't want that either.

Gabi is in a lot more legal trouble.
Edited by Honeybees, Jan 10 2013, 09:38 PM.

michr544125

I am trying to give this story a chance. But when it seems this is more about everybody but Sonny and Will it makes it seem less enjoyable. Maybe it will pay out differently? Sonny runs off instead of being involved in the meat of the story? He should have the biggest reaction but seems like he will get to have the least reaction. Figures.
Edited by michr544125, Jan 10 2013, 09:48 PM.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

thanks for posting.

Harmony233

michr544125
Jan 10 2013, 09:47 PM
I am trying to give this story a chance. But when it seems this is more about everybody but Sonny and Will it makes it seem less enjoyable. Maybe it will pay out differently? Sonny runs off instead of being involved in the meat of the story? He should have the biggest reaction but seems like he will get to have the least reaction. Figures.
it sees to be more about the tri from hell than anything else

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 10 2013, 09:36 PM
cord08
Jan 10 2013, 09:14 PM
tomsawyer
Pookie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
While it is up to the DA, options are severely restricted, especially since the statue of limitations might have passed. So, there's that. There's also the fact that Will was a minor, so he'd have to be tried as a minor. That means, he'd have to be sentenced as a minor, and since EJ lived that would only be a couple of years at max, but if EJ is uncooperative - or even stands up for Will - parole is probably the most reasonable thing a prosecutor could expect. Will's lawyer could negotiate a parole deal, which EJ could endorse, in about an hour. I actually want that to happen, so this won't hang over Will's head.

But if EJ lies to the DA and says it is Lucas, I can't see any DA taking it forward. Nick's leverage is very flimsy. Also, Lucas could sue for wrongful imprisonment (even though he confessed, he still could) and the DA wouldn't want that either.

Gabi is in a lot more legal trouble.
How? Andrew is dead, Melanie has already said she does not want to testify against Gabi and there's no physical evidence connecting Gabi to anything (unless I'm mistaken and if I am please explain.) Chad's statement is hearsay and can't be offered to prove anything. Chad, IMO is in more trouble than anyone. There's eyewitness testimony and physical evidence to back up what he did to Nick.
Edited by ScorpioQueen, Jan 10 2013, 10:19 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

tomsawyer
Pookie
lene

But since EJ is one of the people that knows about Gabi's role in Melanie's kidnapping and the explosions (and Rafe's help in covering it up) he'll likely play that as a trump card if Gack (thanks, Six - can't believe we haven't been using that portmanteau all along!) decide to try to use Will's past against him.

lysie
Member Avatar

Gack....remember that stuff called Gack that Nickelodeon used to make? I got some for Christmas one year and broke out in hives. Appropriate.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Jan 10 2013, 10:19 PM
Gack....remember that stuff called Gack that Nickelodeon used to make? I got some for Christmas one year and broke out in hives. Appropriate.
Exactly! It was so obvious...I can't believe we weren't using it sooner.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

:wub2: LUCAS!

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jan 10 2013, 06:03 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 10 2013, 05:59 PM
This sounds good - kinda Parker reveal-esque.
I agree. It's been a long while since we saw a big old messy reveal that has far reaching implications for several characters across the canvas. Toss in some public humilation and brawling...very soapy!
That's my favorite kind of reveal: Messy. :popcorn:

james0479
Member Avatar

I loved Nick during his first run but man, he's such a hypocritical, snobby, arrogant, piece of douche, asswipe, jacktool, bigoted piece of gross shit lately. I hope he falls down the stairs in Horton Town Square and instead of falling into cake, I hope he falls ass deep onto a 12 foot long steel rod. I don't remember God dying and giving him the throne. I will say Blake's portrayal of Douche Nick has made me angry........ Well done! :).

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 10 2013, 05:52 PM
This week's issue of Soap Opera Digest has an article about Nick and Gabi's wedding.

Just as Nick and Gabi are about to say "I Do," a vengeful Chad stops the wedding and announces that Nick is not the father of of Gabi's baby.

Rafe calls Chad a liar and the two men fight. Hope breaks up the fight and tries to calm everyone down. Abigail focuses her attention on Chad, who she is furious with for ruining the wedding.

As things begin to calm down, Will steps forward and admits that he's the father of Gabi's baby.

Sonny has a hard time absorbing the news and runs off. Will tries to go after him but he is stopped by Lucas. Meanwhile, Sami unleashes her fury on Gabi. Rafe stands up for his sister, pointing out that Will took Gabi to get an abortion.

The fight between Sami and Rafe escalates and they say hurtful things to each other.

Later, Nick eavesdrops on Lucas and Will's conversation and learns that Lucas went to prison for something Will did.

Meanwhile, in a private conversation with Eric, Rafe reveals that whatever chance he had with Sami is gone.

Nick connects with Gabi and tells her there might be a way for them to get everything they want. What exactly does Nick have up his sleeve?

Pick up the latest issue of Digest for details!
Love the drama of this. Fuck you, Nick! A million times, fuck you! I hope your whole life blows up in your face again and you're the one who winds up back in prison. Never thought I'd feel that way, but there you go. I hope Gabi doesn't go along with this...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply