Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chad Stops The Wedding!; Airs the week of January 14th
Topic Started: Jan 10 2013, 05:52 PM (6,568 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This sounds surprisingly good....I think I may tune In next week to watch it unfold and test the waters out a bit.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mirabella

magicsteacher
Jan 10 2013, 09:07 PM
vinnmerc
Jan 10 2013, 06:54 PM
Meanwhile, in a private conversation with Eric, Rafe reveals that whatever chance he had with Sami is gone. :hail: :rockon:
And in the soap world, when something like that is said, it usually ends up being the opposite. All this is to keep the triangle going. Looks like more Safe angst to me.
Yes, exactly as I see it, too.......more angst for SAFE.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

This sounds decent...ish. As decent as Days gets these days.

But LOL at Sami. She's hidden the truth about the paternity of at least half her kids. I'm going to need someone to throw that at her a few times or I'm done with this show!
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Jan 12 2013, 04:34 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jan 11 2013, 10:45 PM
Ljay
Jan 11 2013, 06:36 PM
ges
Jan 11 2013, 02:53 PM
hellencatherine
Jan 11 2013, 10:20 AM
Honestly this wedding sounds more of a Safe angst I definitely think Sami and Rafe are not over since Gary Tomlin loves Safe and is on Team GG and AS, I can see Safe getting back together by November and having some wonderful moment by Summer their love and feelings come to back, I can see Sami daydreaming about Rafe I wouldn't be surprised if she calls out Rafe's name while in Bed with EJ. Now I can totally see Sami going to EJ because of her fight with Rafe cause now her and Rafe doesn't look like they are getting back together. I can see Rafe actually trying to move on with his life and it's Sami who won't be able to move on from Rafe, technically it was Sami's fault that she is the one who ruined her marriage by sleeping with her kidnapper, rapist beast. Sami is disgusting truly disgusting. I still say there is a SAFE baby coming up down the road. Or maybe even a new woman for Rafe I am not even a SAFE now I hate Both SAFE and EJAMI.
Funny how Rafe did the very same thing to E.J. that Gabi is doing to Will. Playing god and lying about the paternity of a baby because they don't approve of the real father. I'm surprised E.J. hasn't had him whacked for that one.

I cant figure out for the life of me why these women have sex with these men and when they do get pregnant they dont want to tell the daddy! If the were so embarrassed of them whey did they screw them in the first place.

How stupid.
JMO
I kind of despise Chad.He is following Gabi and eavesdropping on a confidential conversation between a doctor and patient then he lies to Abby about his feelling about the Gabi situation after having previously been dishonest with Abby when he began "having feelings" for Melanie.Chad made the decision to beat up Nick,who had gone to prison and actually paid for his crimes unlike many others in Salem then he chose to be dishonest with Melanie which is part of the reason she broke the engagement and left town.Chad did not pay for assaulting Nick and he is already trying to move on with Abby so why is he still trying to punish Gabi.
Gabi made mistakes in not reporting Andrew when she found out about Melanie but Gabi is only nineteen or twenty and she panicked when Andrew recorded their conversation and said he would expose her and she did try to help Melanie escape Andrew.Judgement is not the best at that age.Gabi was sorry for what she did and attempted to turn herself in to the police to pay for what she did which is also more than can be said about quite a few in Salem who were a lot older than Gabi when they intentionally committed their crimes(Stefano,Kate,Victor,Kristen,Sami,EJ).If Chad had reported what Gabi did as soon as he heard what Andrew said to Gabi and/or not beaten up Nick,Gabi would likely have been arrested.Gabi tried to make friends with Sonny even though he speaks to her with contempt.She tried to make amends with Chad by telling Abby to invite him to the wedding because she knew this would make Abby happy.Gabi loves Nick and only sees the best in him.Gabi also loves Will as a friend and wants the best for him which she believes is allowing Will to be in his baby's life while having a relationship with Sonny.Gabi did not do what Sami or Nicole did she told Will he was the baby's father as soon as she found out.I like Gabi and I like the fact that she will have Nick and Rafe standing up for her whatever comes next.I like the fact that Nick is not the dorky kid he was before,Prison is a harsh place and has had an effect on him which shows in how he dealt with Kate and will deal with anyone who comes after Gabi and the baby.I am looking forward to what comes next.
BTW the fact Will cannot be prosecuted for his crime does not mean that the behavior cannot be litigated in a custody hearing.Also in most,if not all,jurisdictions,the prosecutor can petition to have a minor tried as an adult.
Prosecutors can petition for minors to be tried as an adult, but it only happens in the most severe cases, usually murder and when the prosecutors can reasonably argue the perpetrator is a threat to society. EJ is still walking around, has clearly forgiven Will and Will hasn't been in trouble with the law since (he was innocent of Stefano's fake murder). No way would a judge make him be tried as an adult. And cases in juvenile court are generally sealed, so no, the court records could not be used in a custody battle, though it could brought up - it's unlikely a judge would allow it or take it into consideration.

And I'm sorry, I don't buy that poor Gabi panicked. Melanie was being kept prisoner by a psychopath. She could have made an anonymous call. She could have told her brother. She could have said screw it, Melanie's life is more important that the risk I will get in trouble. Yes, lots of people have done bad things in Salem, but Gabi is an adult and she did something utterly heinous. I'm not even a big fan of Melanie, but she was in terror and possibly was (as far as Gabi knew) being sexually assaulted or tortured and was certainly living under the fear of being murdered. Gabi had the power to save her and chose not to because she's a coward and was more interested in her own skin.

All that said, Melanie should have spoken up about it. Chad should have spoken up about it. Rafe most certainly should have.
Edited by Honeybees, Jan 12 2013, 08:44 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

It sounds like the people in Salem on Will's side: Sami, EJ, all of the Hortons, etc... FAR outnumber than anyone on Nick and Gabi's side. Who do we have? Rafe and...?

And as far as dirty laundry/past crimes being aired. Once again, Will has far less red on his ledger than Nick and Gabi do.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jan 12 2013, 12:33 PM
It sounds like the people in Salem on Will's side: Sami, EJ, all of the Hortons, etc... FAR outnumber than anyone on Nick and Gabi's side. Who do we have? Rafe and...?

And as far as dirty laundry/past crimes being aired. Once again, Will has far less red on his ledger than Nick and Gabi do.
But I must say, as much as I think Gabi behaved atrociously to Melanie and should be made responsible, I am having a difficult time picturing Will getting too angry at her. He's consistently been written as having a tremendous amount of non sexual love and affection for her and respects her as the mother of his child. He might be shocked to learn of her actions, but he's made some huge mistakes and so have most of the people he loves, especially his own parents and some of his grandparents. I can see things getting out of hand, but if Will and Gabi sat down and talked it out with a family counselor, I'm sure they could come to an agreement.

I do want Will to come publicly clean over shooting EJ, as well.

And while Chad is wrong to blame Gabi for losing Melanie (that's on him), he sure as hell has a right to be pissed at Gabi. Sonny does too, as Melanie was portrayed as a good friend of his in at least a few scenes.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 12 2013, 12:53 PM
Pookie

But I must say, as much as I think Gabi behaved atrociously to Melanie and should be made responsible, I am having a difficult time picturing Will getting too angry at her. He's consistently been written as having a tremendous amount of non sexual love and affection for her and respects her as the mother of his child. He might be shocked to learn of her actions, but he's made some huge mistakes and so have most of the people he loves, especially his own parents and some of his grandparents. I can see things getting out of hand, but if Will and Gabi sat down and talked it out with a family counselor, I'm sure they could come to an agreement.

I do want Will to come publicly clean over shooting EJ, as well.

And while Chad is wrong to blame Gabi for losing Melanie (that's on him), he sure as hell has a right to be pissed at Gabi. Sonny does too, as Melanie was portrayed as a good friend of his in at least a few scenes.
I agree. If it was just Will and Gabi talking, they could probably work it out. But Will is worried about Sonny and Gabi has control freak Nick whispering in her ear. He won't allow her to have any kind of independent thought.

I hope his psycho behavior ramps up to the point it gets so bad he violates his probation and gets thrown back in jail.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Pookie

All they need is Rafe. He's the almighty.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

. Gabi has what she did she did to Melanie but Andrew is dead, Melanie isn't here. Unless Chad wants to say something but he could get himself in trouble too. And after everything that went down at the wedding I doubt he wants to bring more trouble to himself.

If Will's crimes come out he could be trouble himself too so he isn't innocent in this either.
Edited by guessgirl, Jan 12 2013, 09:24 PM.

annie21

outrageous
Jan 12 2013, 04:29 PM
Pookie

All they need is Rafe. He's the almighty.
True. Then again, Daniel is the Sainted One and he's probably going to line up on the other side when/if he finds out what Gabi did to Melanie.

Maybe we're in for The Clash of TomSell's Titans -- Rafe vs. Daniel. Doesn't that sound like must-see TV... not?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply