Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John Leaves Marlena!; Airs the week of January 14th
Topic Started: Jan 10 2013, 06:13 PM (4,174 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

This week's issue of Soap Opera Digest has an article about John, Marlena and Kristen.

Marlena shows up at the Salem Inn wearing a wire and she tries to bait Kristen into admitting that she used Brady to get back at the Blacks. "Kristen figures out what Marlena is doing and uses it to her advantage," previews Eileen Davidson. Playing the innocent victim, Kristen gets emotional and charges that Marlena is happy about the affair because it keeps Kristen away from John.

Later, Marlena meets with John and he finds the recording device. After listening to it, John confronts Marlena and she is forced to admit that what Kristen said is true.

"Evidently, [all of this] is enough to make John throw his hands up in the air and walk away from all of it," previews Hogestyn.

By week's end, John informs a devastated Marlena that he's leaving Salem.

Pick up the latest Digest for details!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Why are they killing this story - its the best thing happening on Days at the moment.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

"Evidently, that is enough to make John throw his hands up in the air and walk away from all of it." That comment right there, that starts with "Evidently" makes me think that Drake thinks this is stupid as hell too!
Edited by Tammy, Jan 10 2013, 06:16 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jan 10 2013, 06:15 PM
"Evidently, that is enough to make John throw his hands up in the air and walk away from all of it." That comment right there, that starts with "Evidently" makes me think that Drake thinks this is stupid as hell too!
Lol, I was just about to make the same comment. I swear, the writers better have a twist coming from this "John leaves Marlena" storyline because right now it's looking like utter crap.

AFaithL

Get your head out of your ass, John. You've treated Marlena like crap for months. You don't GET to be pissed off.
Edited by AFaithL, Jan 10 2013, 07:02 PM.

destinyrules
Member Avatar

Oh dear Gah they are so stupid! This is so stupid! I mean, I am not saying Jarlena have to be happy and lovey dovey all the time, drama is a part of soaps, but this is just out of character!

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

:cheer: :cheer: thats good New, I dont like self righteous Mrs do no Wrong Marlena. John can do so much better

Kenny
Member Avatar

It's one thing for the writers to make John stupid, I can accept that, but it's another thing entirely for them to make him a complete asshole. There is no reason he should be behaving this cold and carelessly towards Marlena. Are we really to believe he would leave the woman he's loved and adored for more than 25 years over something so miniscule? To call this contrived is an understatement.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the Kristen/Marlena scenes.

AFaithL

destinyrules
Jan 10 2013, 06:29 PM
Oh dear Gah they are so stupid! This is so stupid! I mean, I am not saying Jarlena have to be happy and lovey dovey all the time, drama is a part of soaps, but this is just out of character!
Exactly. John would never act like that.

destinyrules
Member Avatar

Ilovecandy
Jan 10 2013, 06:30 PM
:cheer: :cheer: thats good New, I dont like self righteous Mrs do no Wrong Marlena. John can do so much better
Obviously, over the past few months all she HAS done is wrong... Whatever!

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't understand how he doesn't realize that this was a part of Kristen's plan. It'd make much more sense if he were pissed, but didn't want to give Kristen the satisfaction. Though really, I don't think him being this pissed makes sense either.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

destinyrules
Jan 10 2013, 06:38 PM
Ilovecandy
Jan 10 2013, 06:30 PM
Obviously, over the past few months all she HAS done is wrong... Whatever!
While John acts like he's done nothing wrong...

I don't like this cold, asshole version of John who thinks everything wrong in the marriage is Marlena's fault. Its not. Take some responsibility, John.

Kenny, your post is spot on!

six
Member Avatar

John must have been taking Diva classes over in Switzerland. This is ridiculous enough that it makes me wonder if it's not part of a plan to turn everyone against him.

Evan
Member Avatar

I get the feeling that they're going to write John off DAYS permanently.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Evan
Jan 10 2013, 06:47 PM
I get the feeling that they're going to write John off DAYS permanently.
I wouldn't be surprised. They are THAT stupid.

Tammy
Member Avatar

These writers don't know ANY of the characters on this show... other then Kristen. She seems to be the only one written in character.

John is not this big of an asshole. Marlena wouldn't keep these kinds of secrets. Brady isn't this stupid... well okay maybe Brady IS THIS stupid! :P

I wonder if we are going to see Marlena at all while John is out of town??? :o

Correct me if I'm wrong... but are these the same writers that paralyzed John and sent him and Marlena packing to Switzerland??? I get the feeling they have a special kind of hate for the character of John, among others.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

They're only writing Kristen "right" because she hasn't been a staple on this show in the past 15 years or so. It gives them some breathing room to try out her "new-ish" character personality.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

STUPID,John and Marlena have been through so much worse,this is bullshit,John would NEVER.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Jan 10 2013, 07:17 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Why does every couple have to break up to have story? John and Marlena teaming up could also have been fun.

I'm more annoyed that Marlena is not better at this at this point in her life than I am at John's departure, though. If she were on Kristen's level so there were a battle between the two, that would be fun.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 10 2013, 06:13 PM

"He told Marlena not to get involved. She did, and then she didn't come clean about it," explains Hogestyn. "Evidently, that is enough to make John throw his hands up in the air and walk away from all of it."

It doesn't sound like Drake likes what his character is doing ... I don't blame him, I don't like it either.
Edited by PatNS, Jan 10 2013, 08:06 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply