Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John Leaves Marlena!; Airs the week of January 14th
Topic Started: Jan 10 2013, 06:13 PM (4,184 Views)
jules

Soooo stupid. Doesn't make one bit of sense. Sounds like one of TIIC has no use for Drake/John and was looking for a reason to get rid of him. I just don't understand any of it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

This is such a contrivance!

Seriously, John, you don't get that this is all a part of Kristen's plan? He is seriously approaching EJ-status during the baby switch when it comes to stupidity. Lazy writing at its finest.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

thanks for posting.

hops
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 10 2013, 06:36 PM
It's one thing for the writers to make John stupid, I can accept that, but it's another thing entirely for them to make him a complete asshole. There is no reason he should be behaving this cold and carelessly towards Marlena. Are we really to believe he would leave the woman he's loved and adored for more than 25 years over something so miniscule? To call this contrived is an understatement.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the Kristen/Marlena scenes.
Completely out of character, never in a million years. I like that Drake seems to feel the same way. And just when I was starting to get into this story. Will TPTB ever get it?

outrageous
Member Avatar

Next will be Marlena leaving Salem to make up with John, and it will be bye-bye Jarlena. I guess we'll have to see them at luncheons... Gotta love Tomlin.

Lil
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jan 10 2013, 06:15 PM
"Evidently, that is enough to make John throw his hands up in the air and walk away from all of it." That comment right there, that starts with "Evidently" makes me think that Drake thinks this is stupid as hell too!
That's exactly what I got out of it.

AFaithL

Tammy
Jan 10 2013, 07:04 PM
I get the feeling they have a special kind of hate for the character of John, among others.
See, I think they have a special hate for the character of Marlena. First they try to say that she's crazy and in need of a shrink --- then they try to say that she's an insecure liar ---- neither of which are historically accurate or in Marlena's nature. Marlena has been a major heroine since 1976. Yet, every SOD article since these new writers have taken over have been negatively slanted towards her. Marlena is crazy! A liar! A bitch! Keeping secrets! Losing her mind! It's attempted character assassination for a highly popular veteran actress. Sorry, writers. Not working. We *know* Marlena. You can't just change her personality willy-nilly and expect the audience to go with the flow.

AFaithL

Also, I think they want the audience NOT to care that John is being a cold and distant jerk....they want us to think that it's okay if John yells at her, because, in the writers minds, Marlena deserves it.

We just aren't buying what they are trying to sell, because the audience loves Marlena too much. We don't want to see her yelled at, degraded, humiliated, or treated like shit by her family. We want to see her happy with John and treated well by him and her family.

lysie
Member Avatar

Once they showed that Marlena was right, I don't think they were sincerely trying to paint her in a negative light. If she'd been wrong, maybe though I think they did okay with her dialogue to back up her insecurities.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

How many times did John get involved into something Marlena told him not too,being a hypocrite,Kritter tried to kill her,you just expect Marlena to sit back and do NOTHING,get real.

Does DOOL even have one happy couple,on screen?

Idiot writers,John and Marlena have survived Stefano,Andre,heck the DEVIL,but the idiot writers have it so they cannot survive Hurrican Kristen,STUPID.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

If John dies while he is away,so help me,I will kick the writers ass's.

King
Member Avatar

Woooohooooo! I love this storyline. It's perfect.

michr544125

This is so lame for John to just leave. And I get a bad feeling about his return based on Drake tweets. Or maybe he comes back but I don't get a good feeling about what is to come.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Two words: Go Kristen!

King
Member Avatar

For whatever reason, it's hard for daytime to write stories for couples that don't involve a third wheel. As far as those go, I love this one.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

John would never leave Marlena for something as lame as her not telling him that Kristin is boinking Brady. She didn't drug them and put them in a room together to make it happen. This show...

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

AFaithL
Jan 11 2013, 10:27 AM
Also, I think they want the audience NOT to care that John is being a cold and distant jerk....they want us to think that it's okay if John yells at her, because, in the writers minds, Marlena deserves it.

We just aren't buying what they are trying to sell, because the audience loves Marlena too much. We don't want to see her yelled at, degraded, humiliated, or treated like shit by her family. We want to see her happy with John and treated well by him and her family.

TomSell is so out of touch with the general audience and how we see things. I suspect this is going to backfire on them.
Edited by Reese, Jan 12 2013, 06:10 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

King
Jan 12 2013, 04:56 PM
For whatever reason, it's hard for daytime to write stories for couples that don't involve a third wheel. As far as those go, I love this one.
Would be nice if they could actually write John Black as John Black though. Because I don't know who the frak this dude is, it certainly is not John Black.

What they should do is have J&M get closer because of this (effectively spoiling Kristen's plans with Stefano, making sure she needs to up her ante, which just makes everything more dangerous and has more effect), working together. John "leaving" could be part of their scheme, but we need to know about it.

AFaithL

Too much ranting from me.

Edited by AFaithL, Jan 14 2013, 07:09 PM.

Renaissance Girl

Wow... this is so sad. Hopefully this is NOT the end for John & Marlena. I mean, if they survived all of that, including with the drama with Stefano and whatnot, it's going to take Kristen to break them up?! Seriously?! I hope not!

Yeah, this does sound like stupid writing, especially if they are disrespecting the characters' back stories and personalities. John sounds like a interesting character from what I've gathered from his history but if he's acting like such a jerk to her - he does not deserve Marlena!

This reminds me of NCIS where Director Vance's wife and Ziva's dad Eli David died in a hail of gunfire. I'm not sure if Vance will take a leave of absence due to his wife's death and if he does, will it be permanent? As of now I'm not sure where they're going with this since it's such a drastic change in the storyline.

Right now this is what it's looking like to me with John and Marlena's situation. Sorry to be out of topic but I'm putting my two cents here.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply