Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kate Exposes Chloe's Hooker Past!; Airs the week of January 14th
Topic Started: Jan 10 2013, 06:21 PM (3,342 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

The latest issue of Soap Opera Digest has an article about Kate, Chloe, Jennifer and Daniel.

After going to Daniel for help in trying to get Chloe to let her see Parker, Kate decides to seek revenge against Chloe. She tracks down Jennifer and reveals that Chloe was once a hooker. Melissa Reeves previews, "Jen doesn't feel that it's her business and she doesn't want to get in the middle of Kate's schemes."

Pick up the latest Digest for details!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

So this is Kate's big story?? Goodness
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CodeBlazeNuke
Member Avatar

*ZzzzZZzzZZzzZzZZzzzz*

six
Member Avatar

So how does Kate see this working? Daniel takes Parker away from Chloe the ex hooker, but he lets Kate the ex hooker and attempted murderer several times over, stay in his life? Although this is Days, so that's probably exactly what will happen. And why is Kate telling Jennifer this? Why doesn't she just tell Daniel herself? Besides the manufactured drama that will come from Dan being angry Jen kept this from him, that is.

Marlene

Well I, obviously was not paying close attention to "Chloe the hooker" storyline. I just assumed Jenn knew about it. Regardless, here comes another pot calling the kettle black storyline.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Quote:

"Jen doesn't feel that it's her business and she doesn't want to get in the middle of Kate's schemes."

Of course it's none of her business. Not to mention it was years ago. Why should it matter now? At the present, Chloe is a good mother. And Kate was once a hooker herself, so who the hell is she to talk?
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jan 10 2013, 06:57 PM.

Romancer66

six
Jan 10 2013, 06:51 PM
So how does Kate see this working? Daniel takes Parker away from Chloe the ex hooker, but he lets Kate the ex hooker and attempted murderer several times over, stay in his life? Although this is Days, so that's probably exactly what will happen. And why is Kate telling Jennifer this? Why doesn't she just tell Daniel herself? Besides the manufactured drama that will come from Dan being angry Jen kept this from him, that is.
Either that or Jennifer will blurt out this tidbit when she thinks/sees Daniel and Chloe are bonding, and starts to feel threatened. Otherwise, there's no point in Kate telling her, when, as has been pointed out, she could just as easily inform Daniel herself.

lumifan4life

Kate orchestrating Daniel and Chloe's deaths this spring as she wins custody of Parker and gives him back to Philip works for me. Go Kate.

AFaithL

Perfectly in character for Kate. Can't wait for Kate v Chloe

annie21

Besides everything mentioned here, didn't Kate have a role in bringing about the blackmail scheme with Quinn that led to Chloe going down the path of prostitution?

bomber
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Jan 10 2013, 06:58 PM
six
Jan 10 2013, 06:51 PM
Either that or Jennifer will blurt out this tidbit when she thinks/sees Daniel and Chloe are bonding, and starts to feel threatened. Otherwise, there's no point in Kate telling her, when, as has been pointed out, she could just as easily inform Daniel herself.
I think it's an attempt at redemption for Jen. We will think she's wonderful for keeping Chloe's secret. Whatever.

TribeHines
Member Avatar

Who cares.

six
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 10 2013, 07:15 PM
Besides everything mentioned here, didn't Kate have a role in bringing about the blackmail scheme with Quinn that led to Chloe going down the path of prostitution?

Yes. She was the one who approached Quinn with the plan.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

LuvingLumi
Jan 10 2013, 06:31 PM
I'm starting to think there's a different definition of "story" out there which means "one week something happens, and then it's over." Which is not how I usually think of story on a soap, but I guess it's accurate.

I kind of wish instead of this plot point Kate's doting grandmother characteristics were being deployed in the Will storyline, because that could have been epic.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 10 2013, 06:21 PM
The latest issue of Soap Opera Digest has an article about Kate, Chloe, Jennifer and Daniel.

Kate turns to Daniel for help after Chloe cuts off her contact with Parker.

As it turns out, Kate has been visiting Parker and Phillip quite frequently in Chicago and she's grown attached to Parker. "She still loves Parker," explains Lauren Koslow. "She still sees him as being part of her life. She has no intention of being shut out of his life." Daniel agrees to talk to Chloe and try to get her to come around.

Meanwhile, Kate decides to seek revenge against Chloe. She tracks down Jennifer and reveals that Chloe was once a hooker. Melissa Reeves previews, "Jennifer doesn't want to believe Kate, but Kate convinces her that it's true. Jen doesn't feel that it's her business and she doesn't want to get in the middle of Kate's schemes."

Pick up the latest Digest for details!
I still think this is a crappy plan with no good outcome for Kate. Unless she manages to off Daniel, which would quickly make her one of my all-time favorite characters.

But, I hate how hypocritical everyone on this show is. Kate's like Salem's original prostitute. She has no high ground here.

"Hi, Pot? Yeah, it's me, Kettle. Um, you're black."

six
Member Avatar

px780
Jan 10 2013, 07:38 PM
LuvingLumi
Jan 10 2013, 06:31 PM
I'm starting to think there's a different definition of "story" out there which means "one week something happens, and then it's over." Which is not how I usually think of story on a soap, but I guess it's accurate.

I kind of wish instead of this plot point Kate's doting grandmother characteristics were being deployed in the Will storyline, because that could have been epic.
There must* be a reason that Nick has a one year contract with Kate's company...

*insert standard disclaimer about this being tomsell...

tylerbo20

lumifan4life
Jan 10 2013, 07:08 PM
Kate orchestrating Daniel and Chloe's deaths this spring as she wins custody of Parker and gives him back to Philip works for me. Go Kate.
but in taking out Daniel and Chloe she also takes out Rafe and Maggie and puts Jennifer into a coma which brings Bill and Laura back to town...done and done...

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Yeah, Chloe was a hooker two years ago, blah, blah, blah. Nevermind the fact that KATE was the one that set her up and what does it have to do with anything now? As long as she's a good mother to Parker and has turned things around then who cares. Of course Saint Jennifer has to be brought into this stupid story. :flipoff:

am103
Member Avatar

I really hope this doesn't lead to Jennifer and Kate being all buddy-buddy, because that's way unrealistic. I want them to hate each other forever. Anyone remember those scenes from summer 2011 when Jen and Kate got into it at the Horton house and Jen kept screaming "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" Those scenes were awesome!

Also not looking forward to seeing Kate and Daniel in scenes together again. Big UGH.

cajnej
Member Avatar

How predictable of Kate!!! :rolleyes:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply