Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 11 2013, 11:01 AM (8,259 Views)
LonePirate
Member Avatar

The best part of this episode that I saw was Ann bitching about Jennifer and Nick. I like her. I hope she sticks around.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

ATTENTION EASTERN & CENTRAL TIME ZONE FANS: LOCAL PREEMPTION FOR FRIDAY JANUARY 11, EPISODE # 12000:

The last 25 minutes or so of "Days of Our Lives" was preempted by an NBC News Special Report on Friday, January 11. Since the preemption was for only 25 minutes (and not 35 minutes), this will not be a national preemption. Please check with your local NBC affiliates to see if they will be airing "Days" in a late night slot (2AM-5AM). Also, SoapNet will be airing today's episode this evening at 8PM & 11PM ET/PT. Plus, you can watch the episode in its entirety on NBC.com and Hulu.com. Pacific & Mountain time zones will not be affected.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

According to the Days Cafe twitter feed, the big reveal didn't quite happen - Chad just stands up and is about to speak…cliffhanger!

Skye
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 11 2013, 02:16 PM
According to the Days Cafe twitter feed, the big reveal didn't quite happen - Chad just stands up and is about to speak…cliffhanger!
Chad did speak
He said " I am just going to go ahead and say it, if this marriage is about love and truth, then shouldn't Gaby be marrying the real father of her baby"

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Yeah, just as Eric is about to pronounce them man and wife, Chad stands up a says if this wedding is supposed to be about love and truth, shouldn't Gabi be marrying the real father of her baby? All eyes on Gabi. Pan to Will.

Dun, dun, dun.... the end.

ETA: Or what Skye just posted two seconds earlier. LOL.
Edited by tomsawyer, Jan 11 2013, 02:26 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Skye
Jan 11 2013, 02:25 PM
Honeybees
Jan 11 2013, 02:16 PM
Chad did speak
He said " I am just going to go ahead and say it, if this marriage is about love and truth, then shouldn't Gaby be marrying the real father of her baby"
Very cool! Thanks for the correction. But a good soapy cliffhanger, that is sure!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

OY,Drake and Deidre's tweets are 10x more entertaining than this crap.

bomber
Member Avatar

Will the episodee still be counted in the ratings?

Jason47
Member Avatar

bomber
Jan 11 2013, 02:39 PM
Will the episodee still be counted in the ratings?
That's up to NBC. They can have Nielsen count it as a "special" airing, and it won't count towards the weekly ratings.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I'm glad that the fireworks will be all start to happen on Monday's show.....and frankly it makes more sense now that Chad doesn't realize who the father of Gabi's baby is, he just knows it's not Nick.....he probably thinks it's Andrew or something and his big thing is just to screw up Gabi's big day...not realizing all that is about to happen.....I actually think this story is the best one playing out now.....I might not like it all but I like most of it.

elci525
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 11 2013, 02:46 PM
I'm glad that the fireworks will be all start to happen on Monday's show.....and frankly it makes more sense now that Chad doesn't realize who the father of Gabi's baby is, he just knows it's not Nick.....he probably thinks it's Andrew or something and his big thing is just to screw up Gabi's big day...not realizing all that is about to happen.....I actually think this story is the best one playing out now.....I might not like it all but I like most of it.
I agree - I've actually really enjoyed it. And, dang-nab-it, I am quite fond of Will again. Let's see how much that sticks once he shares scenes with EJ again, grrr.

I swear to god though, if there are NO scenes or even brief conversations with Lucas and Sami in the wake of the reveal - nothing monumental, just something, anything - I will be very irate. I can't think of a more egregious effort to just pretend like Lucas and Sami were never anything to each other, than to completely keep them as separate entities in this storyline.

I am anxious also to see how Chad reacts, actually, once he learns Will is the father and he's just ruined more than simply Gabi's life. That should be very interesting.

lumifan4life

elci525
Jan 11 2013, 02:58 PM
I swear to god though, if there are NO scenes or even brief conversations with Lucas and Sami in the wake of the reveal - nothing monumental, just something, anything - I will be very irate. I can't think of a more egregious effort to just pretend like Lucas and Sami were never anything to each other, than to completely keep them as separate entities in this storyline.

Tomlin will never allow Lumi to share scenes in the wake of this reveal because he wants so badly to make us forget Lumi ever happened. Even a strictly parental scene where they both realize their gay son knocked up his ex-girlfriend would be too much so I'm not counting on it.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 11 2013, 01:22 PM
LOL Daniel. I think Jennifer looks awful. Very little house on the prairie for my taste
Yeah, it's a bit Little House mixed with a Princess Leia hairstyle. I really don't like when they pull Jennifer's hair back tight and slick it back. It's not flattering and MR looks better with her hair down. And her outfit did suck!

I truly hate how they've written Nick Fallon. Whatever happened to fun-loving, pocket protector wearing, nerdy Nick? He was quirky, fun and different from other soap characters. I'm sad that they've turned him into an ass. Again, I lost interest after about 20 minutes or so and didn't even know that they preempted Days.

concerned
Member Avatar

Have we played Where's Allie yet today?

Just wondering if Sami is trying to introduce her early into the family tradition of watching your mama sex it up.... Did Lucas have her with him when chatting with Kate & Billie?
Was she under the table while Will and Gabi talked Godfathers?

Honeybees
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Jan 11 2013, 03:18 PM
elci525

Tomlin will never allow Lumi to share scenes in the wake of this reveal because he wants so badly to make us forget Lumi ever happened. Even a strictly parental scene where they both realize their gay son knocked up his ex-girlfriend would be too much so I'm not counting on it.
Just like we should forget Jennifer was ever with Jack, we're expected to forget how close Lumi are. This will be much more about Safe. I know Safe has its fans, and I'm sure the stuff today and the coming angst will be good for them. I thought AS and GG were selling it as hard as they could and doing a pretty good job but Sami is written so flighty these days I wish all her guys would find someone else.

But what I really want is a scene where Lucas encourages Will to be a father to his child. That would make all kinds of sense and Bryan would rock those scenes.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I love Chad Dimera, he's so much better away from Melanie. I hope he continues to give Gabore hell!

lumifan4life

Honeybees
Jan 11 2013, 03:42 PM
lumifan4life
elci525

Just like we should forget Jennifer was ever with Jack, we're expected to forget how close Lumi are. This will be much more about Safe. I know Safe has its fans, and I'm sure the stuff today and the coming angst will be good for them. I thought AS and GG were selling it as hard as they could and doing a pretty good job but Sami is written so flighty these days I wish all her guys would find someone else.

But what I really want is a scene where Lucas encourages Will to be a father to his child. That would make all kinds of sense and Bryan would rock those scenes.
The hilarious part is Lumi do not even have to be nice to each other. They can yell, be sarcastic, tell each other they're scum who cares. They did that for years while Sami was in love someone else. But we can't even get a 5 minute "you suck" scene between them, lol.

concerned
Member Avatar

Honeybees
lumifan4life
elci525

I know you all will hate it but after we have the scene where Lucas encourages Will to be a father to his child
I want a scene where EJ encourages Will to be a father to his child.

followed by one where Rafe discusses how unimportant biological connections are, and if Nicks the better person and the man Gabi wants to be with then its really better to let him be the father.

concerned
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Jan 11 2013, 03:46 PM
Honeybees
lumifan4life
elci525

The hilarious part is Lumi do not even have to be nice to each other. They can yell, be sarcastic, tell each other they're scum who cares. They did that for years while Sami was in love someone else. But we can't even get a 5 minute "you suck" scene between them, lol.
I tell you ditch one 5 minute segment of Dannifer getting confused about where they are supposed to be and insert 5 min Lucas telling Sami why she sucks this week.
Its a win win for everyone.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply