Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 11 2013, 11:01 AM (8,093 Views)
Harmony233

Honeybees
Jan 11 2013, 03:42 PM
lumifan4life
Jan 11 2013, 03:18 PM
elci525
Jan 11 2013, 02:58 PM
I swear to god though, if there are NO scenes or even brief conversations with Lucas and Sami in the wake of the reveal - nothing monumental, just something, anything - I will be very irate. I can't think of a more egregious effort to just pretend like Lucas and Sami were never anything to each other, than to completely keep them as separate entities in this storyline.

Tomlin will never allow Lumi to share scenes in the wake of this reveal because he wants so badly to make us forget Lumi ever happened. Even a strictly parental scene where they both realize their gay son knocked up his ex-girlfriend would be too much so I'm not counting on it.
Just like we should forget Jennifer was ever with Jack, we're expected to forget how close Lumi are. This will be much more about Safe. I know Safe has its fans, and I'm sure the stuff today and the coming angst will be good for them. I thought AS and GG were selling it as hard as they could and doing a pretty good job but Sami is written so flighty these days I wish all her guys would find someone else.

But what I really want is a scene where Lucas encourages Will to be a father to his child. That would make all kinds of sense and Bryan would rock those scenes.
I know its frustrating as hell i'm not expecting a reunion but how about some co-parenting this story should bring back memories for lumi at this point
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lumifan4life

concerned
Jan 11 2013, 03:48 PM
lumifan4life
Jan 11 2013, 03:46 PM
Honeybees
lumifan4life

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Just like we should forget Jennifer was ever with Jack, we're expected to forget how close Lumi are. This will be much more about Safe. I know Safe has its fans, and I'm sure the stuff today and the coming angst will be good for them. I thought AS and GG were selling it as hard as they could and doing a pretty good job but Sami is written so flighty these days I wish all her guys would find someone else.

But what I really want is a scene where Lucas encourages Will to be a father to his child. That would make all kinds of sense and Bryan would rock those scenes.
The hilarious part is Lumi do not even have to be nice to each other. They can yell, be sarcastic, tell each other they're scum who cares. They did that for years while Sami was in love someone else. But we can't even get a 5 minute "you suck" scene between them, lol.
I tell you ditch one 5 minute segment of Dannifer getting confused about where they are supposed to be and insert 5 min Lucas telling Sami why she sucks this week.
Its a win win for everyone.
Haha it realy would be. Of course Lucas would be viewed as secretly hung up on Sami no matter what (which I continue to believe he is until he gets a new woman). But still they did that for years and no one ever thought they would jump each other's bones. Tomlin doesn't even want us to see Lumi hating each other I guess. I mean both Rafe & EJ are drooling can't someone tell her she sucks once in a while? Lucas would be perfect, lol.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Jan 11 2013, 03:50 PM
Honeybees
lumifan4life
elci525
Jan 11 2013, 02:58 PM
I swear to god though, if there are NO scenes or even brief conversations with Lucas and Sami in the wake of the reveal - nothing monumental, just something, anything - I will be very irate. I can't think of a more egregious effort to just pretend like Lucas and Sami were never anything to each other, than to completely keep them as separate entities in this storyline.

Tomlin will never allow Lumi to share scenes in the wake of this reveal because he wants so badly to make us forget Lumi ever happened. Even a strictly parental scene where they both realize their gay son knocked up his ex-girlfriend would be too much so I'm not counting on it.

I know its frustrating as hell i'm not expecting a reunion but how about some co-parenting this story should bring back memories for lumi at this point
Hmm about what its like to have the mother of your child involved with a psychotic charming criminal.
At least its not twins Will.

and he's a Horton so will be redeemable.

lumifan4life

concerned
Jan 11 2013, 03:56 PM
Harmony233
Jan 11 2013, 03:50 PM
Honeybees
lumifan4life

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Hmm about what its like to have the mother of your child involved with a psychotic charming criminal.
At least its not twins Will.

and he's a Horton so will be redeemable.
lol no way back to teenage pregnancy.

Vicky4Mimi

I wish Rafe wouldn't be stopped from beating Chad to death. He is now my least favorite person in Salem! Hateful Hateful little boy!

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm trying to watch today, and I'm just not into it. And I realize I say it ad nauseum, but Alison Sweeney is just terrible. Some days are worse than others, and today was a worse day. But I am loling at her not being able to decide how she's going to pronounce "aunt." I'm really being pulled away from this show because very few of the relationships and rivalries feel real.

Kate's anger seems OTT and misguided, especially since we've heard her mention Parker all of ONCE. Actually, everything about Kate and Chloe and Parker comes across as contrived.

Anne's dislike of Jennifer still hasn't been explained, so it's just random. At least say that Jennifer got a job she was up for or something. It looks like they're about to explain it, though (or maybe they did in the 20 minutes I didn't get), so maybe that will make it better, but right now it's just contrived excess.

Trying to make the stuff with Mama Hernandez emotional was a big fat fail since we've never seen the woman. But at least CB sounded like she knew Spanish.

Hope and Sami's relationship drives me up the wall. They didn't have a relationship at all outside of a few Brady events until all the other vets were written out. And it comes across as fake on both of their parts because the history just isn't there.

The show really has a lot of good elements now, but just like under Higley, the characters are shallow and their relationships are shallow.

jam6242
Member Avatar

I think Anne was up for the same position as Jennifer at the hospital. However, she seems to have some grudge against the Hortons. Her hatred of Jennifer would make more sense if that was explained. Otherwise, it seems random.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they did say Jen took the job Ann wanted because "what a Horton wants she gets" I think Ann said. Anyway, I like Ann. She's way ott but tbh I prefer my characters that way (at least a few on a show anyway).

blueskies
Member Avatar

And the president interrupted...I might be angry if it were a Kristen day, but since it isn't, I get a 20 min reprieve.

pezzazz

Honeybees

I know you all will hate it but after we have the scene where Lucas encourages Will to be a father to his child
I want a scene where EJ encourages Will to be a father to his child.

followed by one where Rafe discusses how unimportant biological connections are, and if Nicks the better person and the man Gabi wants to be with then its really better to let him be the father.

That would be a likely scenario

Edited by pezzazz, Jan 11 2013, 07:17 PM.

cord08

Here are the (low quality) missing wedding scenes for those interrupted in the EST/some CST zones:

HAHA at Sami's reaction to the "speak now, or forever hold your peace" bit. Lucas even got a one-liner in these scenes.

Camila looks quite beautiful...
Edited by cord08, Jan 11 2013, 08:24 PM.

Harmony233

Lucas's glee over chloe being back so that chloe will sink her teeth into daniel and free jennifer up is pretty amusing lol

Harmony233

dang sami will have a cow when she finds out she really is a grandma lol

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Gabi's dress is a Kate Middleton knockoff, but she does look beautiful in it.

Abby and Will look great together. I like them as cousins/friends. They do look like they could be relatives.

CD isn't the best actor in the world, but he delivered that last line with the right amounts of smug, douchiness and glee.

appleblossom

Harmony233
Jan 11 2013, 08:31 PM
Lucas's glee over chloe being back so that chloe will sink her teeth into daniel and free jennifer up is pretty amusing lol

Some fans see that statement of foreshadowing of Chloe sinking her teeth into Lucas sooner or later, they really want him to have a woman. Maybe he and Chloe can have a FWB relationship, where he calls the shots and dumps her for revenge.

michr544125

I can't believe I am saying this but I loved today's episode. Nice Sonny and Chad scene in the beginning with Sonny not buying Chad's newfound attitude toward Gabi and Nick. This is obviously the beginning of the end for Sami and Rafe...well at least for the next three weeks while she ping pongs back to EJ for a bit. I hate Will for not standing up for himself when Nick told him he can't be the the god father. But I hate Nick more. He just makes me cringe. But Blake Blerris is doing an awesome job. Gabi I can't stand more than Nick as she doesn't even love Nick. She just loves the fact somebody loves her an will do anything to not lose that love even if it means treating Will like shit.

Such a cute Will and Sonny scene. It might be one of their most adorable scenes ever with Sonny telling Will he wanted to dance with him later. Both guys seem so happy and in love. But of course that dance isn't happening. Interesting how a Wilson wedding has now been mentioned several times...once by Sonny, another between Kate and Adrienne and now again from Kate again. I think a Wilson wedding is bound to happen in some form.

As always Abby looked gorgeous. I really love her and Chad and it's too bad their happiness probably won't last much longer than a few seconds. Chad is is just the bomb. Love him standing up at the end. I guess until everybody knows what Gabi did to Mel, Chad will wind up looking like the bad one along with Nick and Gabi.

Nadia is just gorgeous also. I love Chloe but sucks she is tied up with Daniel.

appleblossom

Honeybees
Jan 11 2013, 08:51 PM

Abby and Will look great together. I like them as cousins/friends. They do look like they could be relatives.

CD isn't the best actor in the world, but he delivered that last line with the right amounts of smug, douchiness and glee.
Gabi did look beautiful, although some fans think it was wrong for a pregnant bride to wear a traditional gown and veil. Maybe she could have worn a pretty yellow dress and hat. Allie looked adorable. Lucas's comment was funny. Sami looked nice too. Will looked so down, it was sad.

lumifan4life

Lucas's line about Chloe is hilarious. A chair and a whip huh? Wow. I wonder who Lucas hates more right now, Chloe or Sami. A tie maybe?

Gotta wonder about Kate though. I've always been uneasy about her obsessiveness with Lucas's love life and how she freaks out every time he shows interest in a woman. If it's not Sami, it's Chloe and Kate freaks out. Wondering who she would be happy with? lol.

lumifan4life

appleblossom
Jan 11 2013, 09:07 PM
Harmony233
Jan 11 2013, 08:31 PM

Some fans see that statement of foreshadowing of Chloe sinking her teeth into Lucas sooner or later, they really want him to have a woman. Maybe he and Chloe can have a FWB relationship, where he calls the shots and dumps her for revenge.
If Chloe was staying past the spring I would also think this was some kind of foreshadowing. But since she's not I dont think it is.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

appleblossom
Jan 11 2013, 09:10 PM
Honeybees
Jan 11 2013, 08:51 PM

Gabi did look beautiful, although some fans think it was wrong for a pregnant bride to wear a traditional gown and veil. Maybe she could have worn a pretty yellow dress and hat. Allie looked adorable. Lucas's comment was funny. Sami looked nice too. Will looked so down, it was sad.
Oh bah! If Gabi can't wear virginal white, well then 99% of brides can't. Screw that slut shaming nonsense. It's appropriate for the bride to wear whatever the hell she feels beautiful in, pregnant or not, virgin or not.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply