Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 11 2013, 11:01 AM (8,172 Views)
Fantasee

Favorite part today: Lucas says hes going to be the bridesmaid at Sonny and Wills wedding. Should they be offended?

EJ: Samatha, About that time you shot me in the head(touch hands), I was feeling like doing the same thing to myself. I didnt have the courage. The courage to never get the chance to have you hold me in your heart again.
---

Kristen: Gabi listen to me. You and my brother are perfect...

---

EJ: I wanted to destroy the horrible person who did terrible things But I knew it was my doing. It was me. But it was you that made it so I could not end it there.

---

Maggie: Do you know how funny I find that Victor.
---
EJ: I couldnt end it with never experiencing you holding me with your heart again. You can me it all shine.You can make my world shine. You can make...Say you'll be mine.
---
Victor: (throws hand in the air looking grumpy, turns and embraces her, the kisses her)

---
EJ: You can make my world shine You can make. Say you love me if its in your heart

Kate: You can"t honestly believe Sami can make your world shine
she can make it into a scene from The Shining...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michr544125

Fantasee
Jan 11 2013, 09:38 PM
Favorite part today: Lucas says hes going to be the bridesmaid at Sonny and Wills wedding. Should they be offended?

EJ: Samatha, About that time you shot me in the head(touch hands), I was feeling like doing the same thing to myself. I didnt have the courage. The courage to never get the chance to have you hold me in your heart again.
---

---

EJ: I wanted to destroy the horrible person who did terrible things But I knew it was my doing. It was me. But it was you that made it so I could not end it there.

---

---
EJ: I couldnt end it with never experiencing you holding me with your heart again. You can me it all shine.You can make my world shine. You can make...Say you'll be mine.
---
Victor: (throws hand in the air looking grumpy, turns and embraces her, the kisses her)

---
EJ: You can make my world shine You can make. Say you love me if its in your heart

I loved the joke that Lucas made to Sonny about being a bridesmaid in the wedding. It actually seemed like Bryan and Freddie were really laughing about that line. It cracked me up :lol: .

Honeybees
Member Avatar

michr544125
Jan 11 2013, 09:43 PM
Fantasee
Jan 11 2013, 09:38 PM

---

---

---

---
---

---

I loved the joke that Lucas made to Sonny about being a bridesmaid in the wedding. It actually seemed like Bryan and Freddie were really laughing about that line. It cracked me up :lol: .
Bryan does funny very well, and that line could have been obnoxious, but on Lucas it seemed very in character.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

lumifan4life
Jan 11 2013, 03:18 PM
elci525
Jan 11 2013, 02:58 PM
I swear to god though, if there are NO scenes or even brief conversations with Lucas and Sami in the wake of the reveal - nothing monumental, just something, anything - I will be very irate. I can't think of a more egregious effort to just pretend like Lucas and Sami were never anything to each other, than to completely keep them as separate entities in this storyline.

Tomlin will never allow Lumi to share scenes in the wake of this reveal because he wants so badly to make us forget Lumi ever happened. Even a strictly parental scene where they both realize their gay son knocked up his ex-girlfriend would be too much so I'm not counting on it.
And that's why this show feels so shallow and contrived. It's hard to get into the stories and continue to care when history and common sense story beats are ignored because of agenda, prejudice and propping.

appleblossom

Wow many fans are taking the end of Lumi more seriously than I ever dreamed, I agree LUMI should be in more scenes, and they their romance got a rotten deal, but that's the soap world I guess. Good things come to an end. Maybe somehere down the line they will hook up again. I agree, they are vital to the WABI baby story.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

I'm sorry but did Jennifer really say she loved kids? Bitch, when was the last time you called your own son? GMAB. :moon:

lumifan4life

appleblossom
Jan 11 2013, 11:16 PM
Wow many fans are taking the end of Lumi more seriously than I ever dreamed, I agree LUMI should be in more scenes, and they their romance got a rotten deal, but that's the soap world I guess. Good things come to an end. Maybe somehere down the line they will hook up again. I agree, they are vital to the WABI baby story.
lol Lumi ended months ago, how else are people supposed to take it? And btw, just because some of us would like to see Lumi in scenes together doesn't mean romance. They shared scenes on a daily basis and were in story together for 10 years before it ever got romantic. Something even close to that is what we'd like that's all. But in Tomlin's world that's impossible.
Edited by lumifan4life, Jan 11 2013, 11:20 PM.

Harmony233

appleblossom
Its not the end of lumi to me i know there not about to get together anytime soon its the fact that this story is similar to the sami/austin/lucas/will one and they can't even have scenes discussing there kid

appleblossom

lumifan4life
Jan 11 2013, 11:19 PM
appleblossom
lol Lumi ended months ago, how else are people supposed to take it? And btw, just because some of us would like to see Lumi in scenes together doesn't mean romance. They shared scenes on a daily basis and were in story together for 10 years before it ever got romantic. Something even close to that is what we'd like that's all. But in Tomlin's world that's impossible.

So true, a fan would have to be blind not to see AS and BD sparkle together on screen as lovers or friends. getting off the LUMI subject, if Sydney could be Nicole's kid. WTH happened to Sami's baby. It dosen't make sense. We know Mia's kid died.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I thought today's show was excellent all the way through. The scenes reflected all the characters so well, the wedding looked beautiful and the build-up for Monday's show done perfectly.

Great 12000 episode! :applause:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Ya'll Sami must have taken Belle's dress from when she married Philip... Oh and remember when Rafe told Sami that the dress reminded him of their wedding... He obviously wasn't paying attention... Gabi's dress has lace.. Sami's didn't...

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

When is DAYS going to hire Pilar from PASSIONS to play gabi and rafe's feisty momma?

elci525
Member Avatar

appleblossom
LOL - how am I supposed to take it? I LOVED THEM, in all incarnations. They were meaningful and special, have history and developed over several years, good and bad, ups and downs. But it's not like I am saying I wanted the Wabi reveal to springboard a Lumi romance (I mean, if I had my druthers, sure, but let's not get hysterical here). I am just saying, that if there are no Lucas and Sami interactions after the paternity of the baby is revealed...nothing romantic, just common-sense scenes where Will's mom and dad share feelings about what's happened, esp. given that, like, the fist third of their run together on the show dealt directly with paternity lies, missed years with a child, and custody battles....I mean, how much more blatant an attempt to erase anything Lumi - even the most logical and realistic manifestation thereof - could there be? That is what is frustrating. Show me Lucas and Sami as friends, as enemies, whatever! At the very least they are co-parents, and this reveal is just the sort of thing parents might want to, you know, handle together. But Sami will run off to EJ, EJ will be Will's champion, and that's that. It's rather heartbreaking, still. Here is the perfect opportunity to tie some Days history to a current situation, where we had two kids who made a mistake and struggled to come out of that situation maturely and responsibly, with as much of a united and loving family as possible, now see their child making a similar potential mistake. The narrative well here is teeming over with rich story possibilities, and I am sure Days won't even try to tap it. And that disappoints me.

I was surprised that Lucas was even at the wedding and was given a line. And OMG an Allie sighting - amazing!! She was so adorable. Gabi's dress was TOTALLY a Kate Middleton knockoff (it seems a little long after that wedding for this to be a thing), but I thought she was stunning. And Chad's douchiness at the end was totally on-point - I hope this scheme of his does blow up in his face somewhat.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I am REALLY looking forward to next week (well, other than the established reservations I have). Let the messiness begin!!
Edited by elci525, Jan 12 2013, 09:24 AM.

Ireland98

Today was meh.
I wish the 12,000th episode would've featured more of the Vets.
Plus we predicted this wedding stuff and Chad revealing the truth awhile ago, so it's not anything surprising or anything.

Actually, Monday's episode sounds better since it will have more drama. That should've been the 12,000th episode.
Oh well, maybe the press for today will get viewers to tune into Monday's show. Hope so because we need the ratings!

am103
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jan 12 2013, 01:01 AM
When is DAYS going to hire Pilar from PASSIONS to play gabi and rafe's feisty momma?
They really need to. I love Eva Tamargo! She would be a great addition to the Days cast. Bring her on for a story for Justin and Adrienne or perhaps a new love interest for Abe. I would be A-okay with it!

elci525
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 11 2013, 06:12 PM
I'm trying to watch today, and I'm just not into it. And I realize I say it ad nauseum, but Alison Sweeney is just terrible. Some days are worse than others, and today was a worse day. But I am loling at her not being able to decide how she's going to pronounce "aunt." I'm really being pulled away from this show because very few of the relationships and rivalries feel real.
LOL - yes. She went through like three variations of ant, auntie, ahnt, etc. And what did you think of her acting standing in the background as Gabi spoke with her mother? It just looked like all this pantomiming to me. With very loud, broad "What? What is she saying? What is going on? Huh? what?" gestures. Like bad elementary-school play acting. I lol'ed so hard - nice comic relief, that one provides - not sure how intentional the funnies are though.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Jan 11 2013, 11:43 PM
I thought today's show was excellent all the way through. The scenes reflected all the characters so well, the wedding looked beautiful and the build-up for Monday's show done perfectly.

Great 12000 episode! :applause:
I also liked the intro by Suzanne Rogers.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

I just realized that its never Sami kissing EJ.. and looking happy /excited.. its always EJ kissing Sami.

.. gosh I hate this writing!

Maybe the SAFE scenes are blinding me.. cus I can't remember seeing Sami really wanting EJ.

.. so mad.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

It feels like Sami does not love Rafe. She loves the IDEA of Rafe... which includes her family accepting her and loving Rafe. Her reaction with hope made start to wonder about this.

I think THATS what this is really about.

Just see how she reacted when she found out that EJ was not a Dimera (running of with EJ etc, that scene when John and Marlenas reaction when they where talking about that she "thank god" is back with Rafe and not with EJ.. in front of her) and then how she reacted when he suddenly was a Dimera. There was a notable change.

With Rafe it seems to not be about love.. its all physical like he grabs her and kiss her. Its always these dressing off and getting on couch kissing (I dont know how many of these we are seeing). Rafe is constantly reminding her that she was bad and judging her. ETC...

With EJ is (lately at least) .. I accept you for who you are. He told her that he loves her.. he did not force himself on her and kissing her.

.. I mean what a difference.

elci525
Member Avatar

^I don't see it that way. Sami seems to be enjoying whatever Rafe is throwing her way, dressing-down kiss wise. And it seems like a role reversal anyway, with EJ pussified and all tender and spouting Hugh Grant-isms, and Rafe being more aggressive, at least now. So I don't too much stock into it. I certainly don't take EJ's recent behavior seriously at all, and it's telling that he needs to be written so out of character for Sami to have a response to him (at least I think it's out of character, or hyperbolic to a ridiculous degree). And even if EJ doesn't judge Sami and accepts her for who she is (gag), I don't think she accepts him for who he is. And that's a problem.

ETA - every time you post, I find myself transfixed by your avi. And I don't even like EJ - I borderline hate him. But that is some salacious, compelling stuff right there in whatever it is you've captured - 30 seconds? yowza
Edited by elci525, Jan 12 2013, 09:48 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply