Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 11 2013, 11:01 AM (8,083 Views)
JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 11 2013, 08:22 PM
Here are the (low quality) missing wedding scenes for those interrupted in the EST/some CST zones:

HAHA at Sami's reaction to the "speak now, or forever hold your peace" bit. Lucas even got a one-liner in these scenes.

Camila looks quite beautiful...
Oh my god! Allie lives!! Such a cute little girl, it's a shame that Sami leaves her locked in the closet and she's rarely seen. Yes, Gabi's dress is definitely supposed to be like Kate Middleton's but she looks beautiful and pulls it off well. I just love Lucas! He's my new favorite person in Salem. He's funny, honest and most importantly, sees Daniel for what he is. Of course Tomlin hates him from what I hear so it's probably only a matter of time before he's tossed down an elevator shaft. :moon:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 12 2013, 08:52 AM
^I don't see it that way. Sami seems to be enjoying whatever Rafe is throwing her way, dressing-down kiss wise. And it seems like a role reversal anyway, with EJ pussified and all tender and spouting Hugh Grant-isms, and Rafe being more aggressive, at least now. So I don't too much stock into it. I certainly don't take EJ's recent behavior seriously at all, and it's telling that he needs to be written so out of character for Sami to have a response to him (at least I think it's out of character, or hyperbolic to a ridiculous degree). And even if EJ doesn't judge Sami and accepts her for who she is (gag), I don't think she accepts him for who he is. And that's a big problem. In any event she is still choosing to be with Rafe until the Wabi stuff happens and she goes running to EJ for some reason.

ETA - every time you post, I find myself transfixed by your avi. And I don't even like EJ - I borderline hate him. But that is some salacious, compelling stuff right there in whatever it is you've captured - 30 seconds? yowza
I think Rafe is acting aggressive because as he said to Sami he is sick of playing games and his feelings are sorted out. The kiss on NYE told him Sami wants him and he has come on strong since then feeling confident in their love for one another. Obviously this is what Sami needed to see from him because she quickly made her decision to rekindle her romance with Rafe and let Ej know it's over for them. Her talk with Hope showed her desire to have a lasting love like Bope and she sees Rafe as the man for her in that way. I also think that's why Sami is quick to kiss and grab a hold of Rafe affectionately.

I think Rafe knows by now Sami's true personality and he has to accept that to keep going back to her. He even said in HTS that despite knowing her history and how she is, he is putty in her hands. I think wanting to be a better person comes from Sami herself when she is with Rafe more than him demanding changes in her.

Ej's love has shown to be unstable. He may profess devotion but his past actions prove that his type of love can turn into something horrible rather quickly. I'm not sure Sami could ever entirely trust it enough to give her heart completely. Ej has been shown to accept and enjoy Samantha when she falls in line with his agenda but when she makes choices he's not happy with manipulating her has been his first course of action.

I wouldn't want to see Sami chasing Ej and proving her love of him when frankly I've not had the impression what he feels for her is truly love. Kate was right recently labeling it obsession. That's what I've always seen from Ej.
Edited by Hamilton, Jan 12 2013, 10:25 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

everytime i hear Sami say she wants to be there like a big sister for Gabi, I flash back to her trying to bash Arianna's skull in with a paperweight. Oh Sami....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

finished watching the eppi; the pres definitely cut out the best part, aka the ending; good cliffhanger.

And if Sami does have a WTD storyline coming up, i'm hoping the baby's Rafe's (EJ has enough kids) but Kristen changes the test results. Or (if they want to redo the Parker paternity fiasco) Kristen, then Caroline/Sami (or heck, Hope's been pushing for Safe, let's go Hope), then EJ.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

blueskies
Jan 12 2013, 10:30 AM
finished watching the eppi; the pres definitely cut out the best part, aka the ending; good cliffhanger.

And if Sami does have a WTD storyline coming up, i'm hoping the baby's Rafe's (EJ has enough kids) but Kristen changes the test results. Or (if they want to redo the Parker paternity fiasco) Kristen, then Caroline/Sami (or heck, Hope's been pushing for Safe, let's go Hope), then EJ.
No,.. absolutely not.

Rafe can never have a child with Sami. I do not want to have situation where Sami's children have 3 different fathers. 2 is enough!

Harmony233

Hologram
Jan 12 2013, 11:00 AM
blueskies

No,.. absolutely not.

Rafe can never have a child with Sami. I do not want to have situation where Sami's children have 3 different fathers. 2 is enough!
I totally see that if sami gets pregnant it will def be rafes what drives me nuts though is that the men can't have other kids with other women besides sami.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Hologram
blueskies

No,.. absolutely not.

I don't think that's a big deal; I mean, Stefano has Chad, EJ, Lexie, Renee, Megan, and Benji, all with different mothers. Besides, wouldn't it be good payback for EJ to keep Rafe's kid from him this time?

Although I WOULD prefer someone ELSE to have a child every once in a while in Salem....besides for this Wabi baby, the only people in Salem who seem to be allowed to reproduce are Sami and EJ.

(and it just occurred to me, I probably jinxed us into a Dannifer baby...crap).

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I tried to think of possible mated pairs to produce a child that isn't related to Sami or EJ. Parker is one. Nicole and Rafe is all I have. Brady could reproduce with Chloe or Nicole, but he's still got a sibling relationship with Sami.

appleblossom

Harmony233
Jan 12 2013, 11:02 AM
Hologram
blueskies

No,.. absolutely not.

I totally see that if sami gets pregnant it will def be rafes what drives me nuts though is that the men can't have other kids with other women besides sami.
Remember when Sami threatened Lucas not to have any other kids with his bimbos when he was fooling around with Nurse Debbie years ago. I'm surprised she didn't order any of her husbands sign contracts declaring she is the only woman allowed to procreate with them. Not to farfetched for nutty Sami!

Harmony233

appleblossom
Jan 12 2013, 12:23 PM
Harmony233
Jan 12 2013, 11:02 AM
Hologram
blueskies

No,.. absolutely not.

Remember when Sami threatened Lucas not to have any other kids with his bimbos when he was fooling around with Nurse Debbie years ago. I'm surprised she didn't order any of her husbands sign contracts declaring she is the only woman allowed to procreate with them. Not to farfetched for nutty Sami!
lol and lumi weren't even together then they hated each other

esp13
Member Avatar

It's interesting that when I read commentary, I feel like I'm going to really hate Nick when I see the scenes, but then I watch and I don't. I mean, Nick's an ass, but he's not a dishonest one. Everything he said to Will today was spot on. From the beginning, it's Will that has been trying to have it both ways. "I don't want to be the father of this child, but I want to have a say in things and I want to be a part of his life." And he can't have it both ways.

Don't get me wrong, Nick's a jerk and I have a feeling he's going to be a bigger one, but the real problem all along has been Will. So, I'm glad that he's finally going to step up.

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 12 2013, 12:29 PM
It's interesting that when I read commentary, I feel like I'm going to really hate Nick when I see the scenes, but then I watch and I don't. I mean, Nick's an ass, but he's not a dishonest one. Everything he said to Will today was spot on. From the beginning, it's Will that has been trying to have it both ways. "I don't want to be the father of this child, but I want to have a say in things and I want to be a part of his life." And he can't have it both ways.

Don't get me wrong, Nick's a jerk and I have a feeling he's going to be a bigger one, but the real problem all along has been Will. So, I'm glad that he's finally going to step up.
I think he's more of a jerk to Gabi. And I think his lack of empathy in the situation hurts him, too. But mostly I think they're all three morons. It's pretty obvious that this arrangement isn't going to work.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Just did a marathon of all this week, so I'll post all my thoughts here. After Monday, it was all dullsville for me. Without Kate, it would have been worse.

I don't mind Nick. He's a totally different character to when he was last on and I'm also ok with that because prison does change a person. It would be unrealistic to expect him to be the same geeky sweet guy. I just wish the show would explore what happened during his time offscreen - it would go a long way to fleshing out his character.

Victor's reaction to Parker being Daniel's and not Phillip's is a wtf for me. He doesn't seem to care about the impact of that on Phillip - another character sacrifice for St. Daniel.

Seeing Chloe made me realise I didn't miss her, although her interaction her Kate was great.

Not seeing Kristen et al. for the rest of the week, made me realise that Jarlena/Bristen is the only story I am enjoying on this show.

The wedding episode was just ok.
Edited by Southofsoap, Jan 12 2013, 12:57 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 12 2013, 12:30 PM
esp13
Jan 12 2013, 12:29 PM

I think he's more of a jerk to Gabi. And I think his lack of empathy in the situation hurts him, too. But mostly I think they're all three morons. It's pretty obvious that this arrangement isn't going to work.
Oh, I agree that they are all morons. But, in this case, I think they are all believable morons. Having dealt with people in somewhat similar circumstances, I can state that the unexpected baby in young kids (i.e. this age) often turns them into morons. Nick has less of an excuse because he's older and has been through more, but I can chalk that up to his obsession with some kind of normal family/life after being in prison.

I guess that's why I've liked this baby story. They are all doing stupid things, but I think they are doing them for believable and sympathetic reasons. I don't even think Nick's movites are evil. Misguided and possibly bigoted (if it truly has something to do with Will being gay, which has not been made clear to me), but not evil. And I'm curious to see how this all spirals completely out of control as it clearly will. Very soapy.

concerned
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 12 2013, 11:32 AM
Hologram
blueskies

No,.. absolutely not.

I don't think that's a big deal; I mean, Stefano has Chad, EJ, Lexie, Renee, Megan, and Benji, all with different mothers. Besides, wouldn't it be good payback for EJ to keep Rafe's kid from him this time?

Although I WOULD prefer someone ELSE to have a child every once in a while in Salem....besides for this Wabi baby, the only people in Salem who seem to be allowed to reproduce are Sami and EJ.

Lucas has just as many children with Sami as EJ does.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 12 2013, 02:13 PM
blueskies
Hologram
blueskies

No,.. absolutely not.

but not in span of 5 years

Harmony233

concerned
blueskies
Hologram
blueskies

No,.. absolutely not.

lucas has kids with sami you'd never know that with these writers lol

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

lysie
Jan 11 2013, 06:12 PM
The show really has a lot of good elements now, but just like under Higley, the characters are shallow and their relationships are shallow.
That's a great way to explain how things are now. Also everything feels so set up, nothing seems organic anymore.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

concerned
blueskies
Hologram
blueskies

No,.. absolutely not.

Chloe and somebody had Parker.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jan 12 2013, 02:47 PM
lysie
Jan 11 2013, 06:12 PM
The show really has a lot of good elements now, but just like under Higley, the characters are shallow and their relationships are shallow.
That's a great way to explain how things are now. Also everything feels so set up, nothing seems organic anymore.
Yes to both of these. If I pretend these characters are totally new characters, the pacing and the drama is good. And honestly that's what I'm trying to do because it's an exercise in futility to look for consistent/complex characters from GT.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply