Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Days casting new role
Topic Started: Jan 11 2013, 11:42 AM (8,997 Views)
Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

JDeveraux_91
Jan 12 2013, 09:22 AM
trojangal
Jan 12 2013, 12:11 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Dr Dan is somehow going to be involved with this new
character. I remember back when Danloe broke up because Chloe married
Lucas Dan had some scenes with a PT & I think they even had a date at the pub
that Kate messed up

We know how Tomlin likes to repeat stuff :drunk:
Of course, it's probably another new love interest for Daniel. Because all the sickening and failed love interests over the last 5 years have not been enough and TIIC should keep throwing women at him. :drunk: Seriously though, I hope this is somebody with more substance than another bimbo for Dan to bang, or Brady for that matter. I'm tired of all of his women too. A new love interest for Lucas would be nice.
OMG, Dan and Brady have gone through at least ten women in less than half that time. It's time for Lucas to have a real shot a love. Those hacks Tomsell want us to believe that Lucas is pining over fickle Sami's golden hahoo and has given up on love. Enough time has past since LUMI's last breakup for him to move on with someone else. Sami sure has, but then Lucas is a one woman man, so it would take him longer to move on because he's totally devoted to whoever he's in a relationship with. I love that about him. :wub2:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

Reese
Jan 12 2013, 05:45 PM
JDeveraux_91
Jan 12 2013, 09:22 AM
trojangal
Jan 12 2013, 12:11 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Dr Dan is somehow going to be involved with this new
character. I remember back when Danloe broke up because Chloe married
Lucas Dan had some scenes with a PT & I think they even had a date at the pub
that Kate messed up

We know how Tomlin likes to repeat stuff :drunk:
Of course, it's probably another new love interest for Daniel. Because all the sickening and failed love interests over the last 5 years have not been enough and TIIC should keep throwing women at him. :drunk: Seriously though, I hope this is somebody with more substance than another bimbo for Dan to bang, or Brady for that matter. I'm tired of all of his women too. A new love interest for Lucas would be nice.
OMG, Dan and Brady have gone through at least ten women in less than half that time. It's time for Lucas to have a real shot a love. Those hacks Tomsell want us to believe that Lucas is pining over fickle Sami's golden hahoo and has given up on love. Enough time has past since LUMI's last breakup for him to move on with someone else. Sami sure has, but then Lucas is a one woman man, so it would take him longer to move on because he's totally devoted to whoever he's in a relationship with. I love that about him. :wub2:
which is ironic if you think about it considering what a player he once was

lumifan4life

Reese
Lucas is a one woman man, so it would take him longer to move on because he's totally devoted to whoever he's in a relationship with. I love that about him. :wub2:
Which puzzles me why it took him so fast to move on from Autumn, lol. Then again he admitted he never stopped loving Sami which negated Chloe and Autumn. Sami not only has 2 men currently killing themselves over her, the third one she threw away has given up on love and is pining for her in silence. This show's hard on for Sami is ridiculous.

Evan
Member Avatar

Sami isn't worth all these men competing for her.
I like AS, but the character needs an urgent rewrite.

Lumi_are_true_love

Even if she were for Lucas she would be just be used by him and thrown away the minute Sami was up in his business again and jealous again where she wouldn't allow him to be with anyoneelse but her and her alone once more for as Bryan said Lucas would drop everything in a minute again to be with Sami again when she needs him most for Lucas always make it his priority to put Sami and the kids needs first above his own and would run to Sami whenever she needs him.

Lucas would use this other chick and would wind up throwing her away and would dump her right away and wouldn't care he did for Sami right away and wouldn't care if that rebound relationship with anyoneelse were destroyed and would be happy it was and Lucas would drop whatever hes doing for Sami whenever she winds up calling him and needs him most for Lucas doesn't care about being with anyoneelse but Sami and Sami alone for the rest of his life and thats who he wants to spend the rest of his life with and would dump this chick in a heartbeat for Sami since Lucas is still in love with Sami and still wants to be with Sami.

In Lucas world if your not Sami then don't waste your time for you will be dumped regardless for Sami no matter what. Theirs only one person Lucas wants to spend the rest of his life with for good this time and that person is Sami.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

lumifan4life
Jan 12 2013, 06:12 PM
Reese
Lucas is a one woman man, so it would take him longer to move on because he's totally devoted to whoever he's in a relationship with. I love that about him. :wub2:
Which puzzles me why it took him so fast to move on from Autumn, lol. Then again he admitted he never stopped loving Sami which negated Chloe and Autumn. Sami not only has 2 men currently killing themselves over her, the third one she threw away has given up on love and is pining for her in silence. This show's hard on for Sami is ridiculous.
You got it in a nutshell. Autumn was toast because Lucas still loved Sami. That had always been evident before, during and after Chloe. Lucas broke up with Sami after she slept with EJ because he's a one man woman who demands the woman he loves be a one woman man with him being that man. It's all or nothing for Lucas. He won't share. And his trust in Sami, that he was the only man she loved, had been compromised.

His breaking up with Sami this last time was also because he couldn't trust her. But only Sami could have come between Lucas and Autumn. Because he did still love her and probably still does, but knows that he has to move on because he deserves better. He deserves the whole heart of the woman he loves. And of all three "suitors", Lucas is the one with his integrity in tact. That being said, I hate that he is pining for her and has thrown in the towel on having a significant relationship. I need that to be changed stat. But I know it can only happen, most likely, with new head writers.

annie21

This is what's called a defining character trait. Well-drawn characters have them. TomSell don't seem to like characters about whom we can say "he/she would never..." They would rather have shallow, cardboard versions that they can mix and match and plop down into whatever plot they're pushing.

Thus, we've seen formerly well-drawn characters (e.g., Jennifer) get dragged down, dumbed down, hollowed out, and distorted beyond all recognition to be able to be a part of any major current storyline. Frankly, I wouldn't wish that on any of the characters I like. And the ones I don't care for are precisely the ones who were established with few if any defining character traits (pretty much any of the ones created in the last few years).

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

So true. I guess that's why I hang on so tightly to Lucas and any other character, like Jack (sadly who's gone...again!), who I can recognize and relate to because I know them. I know how they think and what they, for the most part, would and wouldn't do. These characters were developed over the course of years through multiple stories and interactions with other characters. Of course, with the inevitable change of writers during some of those years, you had a few OOC moments, but nothing so drastic as the consistent character destruction/annilation of favorite characters (like Sami) that has happened in the last 6 or 7 years.

As for the newer ones, I have no invested interest in them because they are so shallow and changeable as to fit whatever plot point story the writer has concocted and thinks is to brilliant that it's worth sacrificing character development of newer characters and/or defining traits of older vet characters.

lumifan4life

Reese
Jan 12 2013, 08:34 PM
That being said, I hate that he is pining for her and has thrown in the towel on having a significant relationship. I need that to be changed stat. But I know it can only happen, most likely, with new head writers.
With new writers that could possibly change and who knows how the whole dynamic could change if that were the case. They could give him a new romance or put him back in Sami's orbit at least sharing relevant scenes as opposed to now.

Harmony233

lumifan4life
Jan 12 2013, 09:31 PM
Reese
That being said, I hate that he is pining for her and has thrown in the towel on having a significant relationship. I need that to be changed stat. But I know it can only happen, most likely, with new head writers.
With new writers that could possibly change and who knows how the whole dynamic could change if that were the case. They could give him a new romance or put him back in Sami's orbit at least sharing relevant scenes as opposed to now.
i'm not saying that i want lumi romantically because i know its not happening but i find it ridclous that they aren't even allowed to share scenes if i was a new viewer i wouldn't know that allie was even samis daughter let alone that lucas/sami had two kids.i think in all the time allie been born they've had like one family scene and that was under mardar

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Harmony233
Jan 12 2013, 09:38 PM
lumifan4life
Jan 12 2013, 09:31 PM
Reese
i'm not saying that i want lumi romantically because i know its not happening but i find it ridclous that they aren't even allowed to share scenes if i was a new viewer i wouldn't know that allie was even samis daughter let alone that lucas/sami had two kids.i think in all the time allie been born they've had like one family scene and that was under mardar
Under new writers Lumi certainly could be resurrected or Lucas could be given other stories ie business/romance while also being apart of stories she should be apart of in someway such as the Wabi story. A part of me wonders though if the move away from Lumi is more the NBC suits/Corday because if so then a writer who isn't biased against Lucas would hopefully at least write him stories and allow participation in those he should be in and interaction with characters he should come in contact with like Sami even if not romantic. They have a 20 year history, share children as well as siblings. They are supposed to be around one another on occasion.

Even now, if TomSell weren't biased against Lucas he'd have had a love interest, a workplace and we'd see where he puts his head at night. Dan and Brady, the other men in Lucas's age group, have had multiple love interests over the last 4 years, we see where they live and work. It's time to share the wealth.
Edited by Reese, Jan 13 2013, 01:50 AM.

lumifan4life

Reese
Jan 12 2013, 10:55 PM
A part of me wonders though if the move away from Lumi is more the NBC suits/Corday because if so then a writer who isn't biased against Lucas would hopefully at least write him stories and allow participation in and with characters he should come in contact with like Sami even if not romantic. They have a 20 year history, share children as well as siblings. They are supposed to be around one another one occasion.

Even now, if TomSell weren't biased against Lucas he'd have had a love interest, a workplace and we'd see where he puts his head at night. Dan and Brady, the other men in Lucas's age group, have had multiple love interests over the last 4 years, we see where they live and work. It's time to share the wealth.
I really think it's more Tomlin than the suits. It's his refusal to allow any and all Lumi scenes that's glaring enough. And his love for all things Rafe in place of Lucas which he demonstrated in the past before MarDar proved that as well. Now is Corday unwilling to make another change in the writing team? That's the question really cause if he is willing, then maybe we might actually see another shift with character interaction that makes sense. They just got another renewal so who knows. Maybe that means they think the team they have in place is working for them despite the beyond dismal ratings. Or maybe they think it's time for another change. I guess we'll see.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

lumifan4life
Jan 13 2013, 12:33 AM
Reese
Jan 12 2013, 10:55 PM
A part of me wonders though if the move away from Lumi is more the NBC suits/Corday because if so then a writer who isn't biased against Lucas would hopefully at least write him stories and allow participation in and with characters he should come in contact with like Sami even if not romantic. They have a 20 year history, share children as well as siblings. They are supposed to be around one another one occasion.

I really think it's more Tomlin than the suits. It's his refusal to allow any and all Lumi scenes that's glaring enough. And his love for all things Rafe in place of Lucas which he demonstrated in the past before MarDar proved that as well. Now is Corday unwilling to make another change in the writing team? That's the question really cause if he is willing, then maybe we might actually see another shift with character interaction that makes sense. They just got another renewal so who knows. Maybe that means they think the team they have in place is working for them despite the beyond dismal ratings. Or maybe they think it's time for another change. I guess we'll see.
I can't understand how Tomlin has so much power though. When he was EP, he seemed to be running things in the writers room. Now that he's the writer, why aren't any EP's having some influence in the writing like he did? Do they care or what? I just don't get how this man whether he is EP or HW gets his own way like this. Of course, if he was EP, I suspect DB would have been gone with the last wave of firings. I'm grateful for whoever didn't let that happen but still...

Oh, and I know some say that it wasn't so much Higley as Tomlin using Whitsell to push his agenda (Safe, replacing Lucas with Rafe, etc.) in the writing room. I just can't wait for this hack of all hacks to be gone. He's murdering a show I've loved for years.
Edited by Reese, Jan 13 2013, 02:06 AM.

annie21

I think some of the power struggle has to do with the reboot. Both Corday and Meng pushed hard for that and they went out on a limb to get the changes made to get there (new sets, new writers, new returns, new marketing, etc.). The network went along with them at first, but really didn't give it the time or the backing to work. When it was perceived to be not working, Corday and Meng were discredited, and they were forced to take a back seat as the network brought back Tomlin and started letting him call the shots. Tomlin has had the network's backing, so Corday and Meng have had to stand aside while TomSell get relatively free reign.

It's been said many times that Tomlin is perceived to save the network money and keep things under budget. They seem to value that above all other things, including quality, integrity, and even ratings.

Then again, the power pendulum could eventually swing back the other way if ratings stay in the basement. Corday and Meng could get their mojo and their power back (relatively speaking) and then they might be able to give TomSell the boot.

ETA: This is only my take on things, of course.
Edited by annie21, Jan 13 2013, 03:09 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

annie21
Jan 13 2013, 02:41 AM
I think some of the power struggle has to do with the reboot. Both Corday and Meng pushed hard for that and they went out on a limb to get the changes made to get there (new sets, new writers, new returns, new marketing, etc.). The network went along with them at first, but really didn't give it the time or the backing to work. When it was perceived to be not working, Corday and Meng were discredited, and they were forced to take a back seat as the network brought back Tomlin and started letting him call the shots. Tomlin has had the network's backing, so Corday and Meng have had to stand aside while TomSell get relatively free reign.

It's been said many times that Tomlin is perceived to save the network money and keep things under budget. They seem to value that above all other things, including quality, integrity, and even ratings.

Then again, the power pendulum could eventually swing back the other way if ratings stay in the basement. Corday and Meng could get their mojo and their power back (relatively speaking) and then they might be able to give TomSell the boot.

You may be right that the network gave Corday and Days the freedom to reboot in 2011 with promises and hopes for better ratings....they had vet faves return and the show pretty much didn't see a substantial long term growth in viewers. What occurred was actually the opposite, after some initial spikes the show started losing viewers. The network stepped in, probably took a look at the last time the show was doing well in terms of ratings, pin pointed 2009 and said, AHA...we had Tomlin as co-ep and Whitesell in the Co-hw capacity then....let's have them back as headwriters this time and leave the eps in place.....that is what they did and the network likely told them that at least for a year, they had the freedom to do whatever they wanted to the show in terms of storylines......Tomlin tried to a pitch a dream theory which was shot down, he then did the next best thing.....he went right back to where he would have gone if he and Whitesell hadn't been canned in 2011. With the exception of Bristen, everything else seems to be what he wanted to do in 2011....Wabi ended up sleeping together and she got pregnant after he had admitted being gay and was already in a committed relationship with Sonny...I only think that TOmlin would have had Wabi sleep together back then before Will officially came out and then after he came out it would have been created drama as he was trying to start a relationship with Sonny...maybe Gabi and T would have been the couple in lieu of Nick....it seems that T was being groomed to be the homophobic asshole but now he's not even around. With Dannifer he went right back to where he was before and since we now suspect that he would have had Parker's reveal anyway, it does play into the spec that he wouldn't have gotten rid of Chloe, but her hooker past would have come into play into a custody battle somehow....that may still happen now. Safe/Ejami, he had to go back to showing Sami wanting Rafe in any capacity over Ej...that appears to still be the case.....

I'm hoping that now that Days is out of hte woods until 2014 with the renewal that if things don't significantly improve in terms of ratings by April, they will have the power to tell TomSell to go kick rocks....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jan 13 2013, 11:36 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

LuvingLumi
Jan 13 2013, 11:35 AM
annie21

You may be right that the network gave Corday and Days the freedom to reboot in 2011 with promises and hopes for better ratings....they had vet faves return and the show pretty much didn't see a substantial long term growth in viewers. What occurred was actually the opposite, after some initial spikes the show started losing viewers. The network stepped in, probably took a look at the last time the show was doing well in terms of ratings, pin pointed 2009 and said, AHA...we had Tomlin as co-ep and Whitesell in the Co-hw capacity then....let's have them back as headwriters this time and leave the eps in place.....that is what they did and the network likely told them that at least for a year, they had the freedom to do whatever they wanted to the show in terms of storylines......Tomlin tried to a pitch a dream theory which was shot down, he then did the next best thing.....he went right back to where he would have gone if he and Whitesell hadn't been canned in 2011. With the exception of Bristen, everything else seems to be what he wanted to do in 2011....Wabi ended up sleeping together and she got pregnant after he had admitted being gay and was already in a committed relationship with Sonny...I only think that TOmlin would have had Wabi sleep together back then before Will officially came out and then after he came out it would have been created drama as he was trying to start a relationship with Sonny...maybe Gabi and T would have been the couple in lieu of Nick....it seems that T was being groomed to be the homophobic asshole but now he's not even around. With Dannifer he went right back to where he was before and since we now suspect that he would have had Parker's reveal anyway, it does play into the spec that he wouldn't have gotten rid of Chloe, but her hooker past would have come into play into a custody battle somehow....that may still happen now. Safe/Ejami, he had to go back to showing Sami wanting Rafe in any capacity over Ej...that appears to still be the case.....

I'm hoping that now that Days is out of hte woods until 2014 with the renewal that if things don't significantly improve in terms of ratings by April, they will have the power to tell TomSell to go kick rocks....
me too i'm so disappointed with this show these days similar to how i felt about GH before they got a new regime i pretty much hate all the stories and characters i enjoyed sami jennifer i absoutely hate these days

lumifan4life

annie21

I really think this seems about right.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

would be so much better if instead of a new girl for Rafe that he would just leave for good.

andromeda
Member Avatar

Yes, let's bring on new characters when we are already sidelining the cast we have now. F this show. Seriously.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Ellie
Jan 11 2013, 11:42 AM
Ugh, why do they create a whole new character/story when they have Hope on the backburner?? #Write4Kristian

I'm hoping it's for Lucas instead of Rafe/Brady- A boy can dream/hope :)

Just stay away from Chad, missy!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply