Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Prospect Park Inks Deal With The WGA
Topic Started: Jan 11 2013, 07:10 PM (627 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

http://rdsn.net/buzz/2013/01/11/breaking-prospect-park-inks-deal-with-wga-for-all-my-children-and-one-life-to-live/

It looks like it is now down to business! Daytime Confidential's Jamey Giddens broke the news that several sources are reporting that Prospect Park has inked a deal with the Writers Guild of America (WGA) for the online versions of “All My Children” and “One Life to Live.” According to the article, the reason there was a hold up was due to residuals.

With the deal actually being done today, both “AMC” and “OLTL” are set to start up production in Connecticut in February.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

BREAKING NEWS: Prospect Park Inks Deal With The WGA for All My Children and One Life to Live Reboots!

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/01/11/breaking-news-prospect-park-inks-deal-with-the-wga-for-all-my-children-and-one-life-to-li

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Woohoo!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

You'll be hearing some writer news very soon. ;)

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

RogerNewcomb
Jan 11 2013, 07:19 PM
Awesome news!

Mason
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
Jan 11 2013, 07:20 PM
RogerNewcomb
Awesome news!
Well...maybe. Depends on if the news involves a selection from the same shallow pool of writers that soaps have been drawing from in the past decade.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 11 2013, 07:24 PM
NavJLee8785
RogerNewcomb
Awesome news!
Well...maybe. Depends on if the news involves a selection from the same shallow pool of writers that soaps have been drawing from in the past decade.
Someone hinted that ProsPark has hired people so far that is liked and respected in the daytime community. We'll see, eh?

Paul8148

I wonder is they taking Broadrick from days to headline AMC

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 11 2013, 07:24 PM
NavJLee8785
RogerNewcomb
Awesome news!
Considering most of them went fi-core, we may have a shot here!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I guess I don't get the timing on all of this with these people. If this could all be worked out now why couldnt this effort have been put in a year ago?!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Drew
Jan 12 2013, 02:07 AM
I guess I don't get the timing on all of this with these people. If this could all be worked out now why couldnt this effort have been put in a year ago?!
I'm pretty sure it was A) lack of money and B) they were unprepared for how massive of an undertaking it would be.

A year later and they have the funding, have a gameplan, studio space, and deals with the guilds. It's a big change from last year, even if people still say it's the same old same old with them. I really see more of an effort this time. I still won't be 100% excited for this until I see a physical show but I'm definitely more optimistic this go around. But, fool me once ... haha

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply