Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Info on new roles being cast for July & beyond; 7/7 UPDATE: Nick look-alike headed to Salem...
Topic Started: Jan 13 2013, 04:22 AM (24,836 Views)
confusedbyitall
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jan 13 2013, 06:09 PM
confusedbyitall
Jan 13 2013, 04:25 PM
Chloe's mom? Would she still be here at this time?
No, I think Patrika wrapped up taping in December.
thanks. can't keep this stuff straight :) Thank goodness for you!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

johndoc
Jan 13 2013, 04:22 PM
annie21
Jan 13 2013, 09:10 AM
I'm guessing the prison guy might be for a flashback from Nick to his prison days. As for the gun salesman, somebody in Salem either is planning a crime or feels the need for protection. Weird, in light of recent IRL events and the current national debate.
I agree with you in light of the gun store salesman. Seems disrespectful. What are they thinking?
Ditto. This better not be one of their attempts at "socially relevant" storylines.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Everyone was compelled to touch the same gun the night that Stefano was killed. Wonder why they are spending their own money this time to purchase one!! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

PS: The Gun Salesman is taping tomorrow, so look for any cast tweets that might hint at a gun in their tweets tomorrow!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

ladyofthelake
Jan 13 2013, 09:55 PM
johndoc
annie21
I'm guessing the prison guy might be for a flashback from Nick to his prison days. As for the gun salesman, somebody in Salem either is planning a crime or feels the need for protection. Weird, in light of recent IRL events and the current national debate.
I agree with you in light of the gun store salesman. Seems disrespectful. What are they thinking?
Ditto. This better not be one of their attempts at "socially relevant" storylines.
IIRC, in an interview last year, Matt Ashford said that when Days decided to pull the PTSD storyline he was told it was because the show doesn't do storylines about social issues; but that the focus instead is on romance (yeah, I know). Anyway, since this was a story that supposedly had been pitched and promoted by both MarDar and Meng, that sentiment must have come from higher up, i.e., the network.

It's possible the network has changed it's mind since then, but even so, it would be a stretch for this current writing team to come up with anything that has depth, emotional truth or relevance. So, imo, they shouldn't even try.

Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

annie21
Jan 13 2013, 10:25 PM
ladyofthelake
Jan 13 2013, 09:55 PM
johndoc
annie21
IIRC, in an interview last year, Matt Ashford said that when Days decided to pull the PTSD storyline he was told it was because the show doesn't do storylines about social issues; but that the focus instead is on romance (yeah, I know). Anyway, since this was a story that supposedly had been pitched and promoted by both MarDar and Meng, that sentiment must have come from higher up, i.e., the network.

It's possible the network has changed it's mind since then, but even so, it would be a stretch for this current writing team to come up with anything that has depth, emotional truth or relevance. So, imo, they shouldn't even try.

I think it just means some character will be doing something nefarious/dangerous. I don't think it will have anything to do with the current gun debate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ljay
Member Avatar

.Deleted
Edited by Ljay, Jan 13 2013, 10:45 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jwsel
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jan 13 2013, 10:14 PM
Everyone was compelled to touch the same gun the night that Stefano was killed. Wonder why they are spending their own money this time to purchase one!! :)
LOL. They all touched the same gun, which Abe left at the DiMansion, but all the other suspects confronted Stefano with guns they brought with them. EJ fired his own gun, Will bought one that day (and it conveniently disappeared from the Pub safe), and others had them from police/ISA stuff (Bo/Hope/John). I can't recall exactly where Kate and Marlena got theirs, but I'm pretty sure they also had their own guns.

That actually made the "everyone touches the same gun" bit extra stupid.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Something tells me that the gun salesperson and the prisoner stuff is connected with the Will and Nick stuff. Didn't spoilers indicate how Will told Nick how Lucas protected him and such? Hmmm..
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I've been pleasantly surprised by the recent social issue stories (Nick's homophobia and Gabi trying to get an abortion), so I'm actually kind of curious how they'd do a gun story now. It's not like there haven't been all kinds of guns on the show before.
Edited by granolagirl, Jan 14 2013, 04:59 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Is NB still taping??? and if Dannibore are truly ending up with Parker, maybe it's Kate buying the gun to kill Chloe off and get her out of the picture. Don't think they'll let Dr. Douche or Saint Jenn shoot anyone.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

1/16 UPDATE:

Bad Teens (U/5s)
Tape Date: 1/31/13
Air Date: April or May
Roles: Bad Teens. Looking for 2 caucasian actors who are 18 to play 17 years old. You MUST look 17 years old. Actors should have an edge and look a little shady, like they could get into trouble.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jan 16 2013, 10:51 PM
1/16 UPDATE:

Bad Teens (U/5s)
Tape Date: 1/31/13
Air Date: April or May
Roles: Bad Teens. Looking for 2 caucasian actors who are 18 to play 17 years old. You MUST look 17 years old. Actors should have an edge and look a little shady, like they could get into trouble.
Hope these are to hang out with JJ not the current lot
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I can't even begin to speculate on what story will be utilizing these teens. I wonder why there is an emphasis on them being 17 since they don't fit into any age group or character presently on the show. Is someone selling drugs to them? With the show casting and filming so far in advance of what is currently aired, it's a crapshoot trying to guess what is going on here.
Edited by LonePirate, Jan 16 2013, 11:00 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

UPDATE: RECURRING ROLE BOOKED FOR AIRING IN APRIL:

Actor: Ken Colquitt
Booked: 1/8/13 DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Role: Seth Burns
Represented By: Nancy Chaidez and Associates
Additional Notes: We are so proud of our client Ken Colquitt for booking the recurring role of Seth Burns on Days of Our Lives. We know he is just starting an amazing year! NCA
Resume: http://resumes.breakdownexpress.com/122343-239198
Jason47 Note: Booked 1/8, should start airing in early-mid April.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Maybe the show planned the gun salesman way before the Sandy Hook shooting incident and (at most) probably adjusted the role instead of removing it when they heard what happened.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Jason47
Jan 16 2013, 11:02 PM

Additional Notes: We are so proud of our client Ken Colquitt for booking the recurring role of Seth Burns on Days of Our Lives. We know he is just starting an amazing year! NCA
Ooh! I wonder what role he is going to play. Maybe the judge in the paternity hearings? Cameron's father? New love interest for Hope? It's recurring so he'll be on screen for at least a little while. He has this sexy, smart, sophisticated older man look from his pictures.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Jan 16 2013, 11:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Jason47
Jan 16 2013, 11:02 PM

It doesn't look like this guy is going to play a teen..

I WANT MORE INTERESTING CHARACTERS MIXING WITH OUR CURRENT.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Did anyone happen to click on some of his other pictures? He's wearing a police uniform--man looks like the cop from the Village People! HA!
Offline Profile Goto Top

cantstopme
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jan 13 2013, 02:06 PM
I'm guessing now that the person who ends up getting shot is going to be the person involved with the physical therapist so I'm hope this ends up good!
I think this is definitely the way they are going...which means we can deduce that it is a man in Salem that will end up injured. Our options are...
Rafe
Lucas
Brady
Daniel (unlikely because of Jennifer)
Eric (unlikely because of Nicole)
EJ (unlikely because of Sami)
John (unlikely because of Marlena)
Nick (unlikely because of Gabi)
Chad

My guess is one of the first three. Im leaning towards Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic