Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Info on new roles being cast for July & beyond; 7/7 UPDATE: Nick look-alike headed to Salem...
Topic Started: Jan 13 2013, 04:22 AM (24,856 Views)
Will&Sonny

Jason47
Mar 22 2013, 11:50 PM
CHARACTER NAME UPDATE:

Seth Coltan is playing Maguire, the man that Cameron had scenes with this week.
Yeah, his name has been on the closed captions (which I always turn on when new characters arrive for just that reason), but I don't think that it's been uttered yet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

4/5 UPDATE:

Handsome Bartender (recurring U/5 & Extra)
Interview Dates: Week of 4/8
Shoot/Start Date: TBD
Pay Rate: SAG/AFTRA Extra and U/5 Rates apply
Role: Handsome/Smoking Hot Male Bartender.
25-30, MUST be in great shape! STRONG actor, any ethnicity. This role will recur as an extra AND under five as written.
Online Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jason47
Apr 6 2013, 01:17 AM
4/5 UPDATE:

Handsome Bartender (recurring U/5 & Extra)
Interview Dates: Week of 4/8
Shoot/Start Date: TBD
Pay Rate: SAG/AFTRA Extra and U/5 Rates apply
Role: Handsome/Smoking Hot Male Bartender.
25-30, MUST be in great shape! STRONG actor, any ethnicity. This role will recur as an extra AND under five as written.
Smokin' hot. I guess the strip club scene continues?
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

I remember when the men on soaps were just average-looking. Their stories were more interesting to me though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rideordiechick

Please stop Days with the Jerry Springer Show!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Huh? How does a hot bartender compare to the Jerry Springer show? :ermmmm:
Online Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jam6242
Apr 6 2013, 09:20 AM
I remember when the men on soaps were just average-looking. Their stories were more interesting to me though.
YES! I was going to say "Does acting qualify as a requirement for this?"
I would be amazed and grateful if they actually got one who could act, and could show the feeling and emotion behind such stuff. But, yeah.
You know, smokin' hot guys are a dime a dozen. You ever see kids abandon the big, expensive, shiny, do-it-all toys for the boxes and wrapping paper? (Yeah, yeah, I know, it's imagination and you can do stuff with shiny toys with your imagination, too. You miss my point).
I'd much rather have a Jack than a Cameron-type. Course, if they can act AND look good (old school James Scott), then, best of both worlds!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

MissLola
Apr 6 2013, 09:25 AM
Superficial and shallow. I think the comment was just a perception of what it could lead to.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rideordiechick

MissLola
Apr 6 2013, 09:25 AM
Easily, there are hot guys that are on Jerry Springer all the time with no depth and nothing to say! Simply saying I look for more on my soap than a damn hot looking guy that strips and works as a hot looking bartender!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, luckily, he's just an extra. I guess every soap needs a wall decoration.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

4/6 Update on Derek Magyar (Jensen):

Recent interview: "I have been really busy as of late which, I am very thankful to be able to say. I started out the new year doing a major recurring arc on "Days of Our Lives" playing a really cool character who comes into town and causes a lot of trouble, which I always love doing. I worked on that for about a month and then went from there to working on "NCIS."

Taped from January 17-February 6. His tweet from February 6 said: "Long week coming to an end! Beat up, tired and ready to pass out! Even though it was rough, I had fun every minute."

Just noticed this photo tweeted from his dressing room on January 29: Posted Image

Looks like that is a policeman's uniform hanging on the door, so Jensen seems to be a bad cop/jail guard. With tape dates of mid January-early February, look for Magyar to appear on "Days" as Jensen from around May to June.
Edited by Jason47, Apr 7 2013, 12:28 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

samwel

Thanks Jason, saw this a while ago from him

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

4/6 UPDATES: A few new castings of note...one with quite a unique character name!

Episode # 12095 (5/28/13): Alex Wexo as John's Lawyer

Episode # 12096 (5/29/13): Martinez as Durango Dynamite

And some bookings for July & August airdates:

Todd Fisher booked 3/7 as "Man"
Elizabeth Del Re booked 3/21 as "Nurse"
Carlos E. Campos booked 4/3 as "Music Lover"
Online Profile Goto Top

jwsel
Member Avatar

I sure hope Durango Dynamite is the name of a stripper.

And John is going to need a lawyer. What could that be about?
Offline Profile Goto Top

IIttu
Member Avatar

jwsel
Apr 7 2013, 02:03 AM
And John is going to need a lawyer. What could that be about?
Well, the timing goes pretty well along with Drake's February tweets..
"Pacing in my dressing room trying to understand John Blacks choices and how to play these scenes today."

Now I like the sound of this even less.. cannot we just get a J&M reunion instead, right now that doesn't seem very likely :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

John needing a lawyer sounds like a divorce attorney to me. :shame: I hope I'm wrong.

Dynamite has to be a stripper! :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

JamaicanBeauty7
Apr 7 2013, 10:18 AM
John needing a lawyer sounds like a divorce attorney to me. :shame: I hope I'm wrong.

John can't need a divorce attorney as he's not currently married.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 7 2013, 10:35 AM
JamaicanBeauty7

That depends on which timeline they're going by. The whole John/Gina thing was written by MarDar and Tomlin has been trying to undo everything written by the previous writing team since he took over.
Offline Profile Goto Top

niki

God are we in for another John is framed by the Dimera's SL? Or based on DH's tweet, will he actually be guilty this time? In which case I'd speculate - attempted murder of Kristen or Stefano? What else would be out of character that DH couldn't understand? Not even sure attempted murder would count as OOC enough for that tweet as based on what we've seen so far, John's choice for that would be understandable considering how he's being 'played' by Kristen...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Apr 7 2013, 10:54 AM
Supergirlx2
Apr 7 2013, 10:35 AM
JamaicanBeauty7

That depends on which timeline they're going by. The whole John/Gina thing was written by MarDar and Tomlin has been trying to undo everything written by the previous writing team since he took over.
During Daysaster while John, Marlena, and Madison were getting ready for the Wedding Ceremony; John mentioned how he's going to have Brady be his best man when he and Mar get remarried again.

And more recently (around december, I believe) Hope said that her divorce from John went through recently, so she and Bo aren't married either.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic