Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Head Writers named for OLTL's reboot
Topic Started: Jan 13 2013, 01:26 PM (1,027 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

BREAKING NEWS: Susie Bedsow Horgan & Thom Racina Named New Headwriters of OLTL Reboot!

For those wondering who is going to write Prospect Parkfs One Life to Live reboot? The answer to that question has been solved. Susie Bedsow Horgan will head write the series along with Tom Racina! Horgan reportedly signed her deal on Wednesday and Racina followed suit the next day!

Bedsow Horgan broke the news on her facebook page stating: gWell peeps, I have quite an announcement to make. I will be co-headwriting One Life to Live with my writing partner of many years, Thom Racina as a new web series. Itfs a golden opportunity for me to help resuscitate and reinvent the show that is dearest to my heart as well as being on the frontier of the new form of television. Agnes Nixon, whofs on board said this was like the days when the shows went from radio to television. And thatfs exactly what it feels like. History in the making. The timing for me is perfect as Ifve done all the work on my book that I can, now itfs in the editors hands and then the agents and so while I await its fate, I get to be back in LLanview for awhile. Truly a dream come true. What a way to start 2013. Wish us luck!h

Susie Bedsow Horgan has spent two decades in daytime as a writer and a producer. Her writing credits include: being head writer of As the World Turns from 1984-1986, and part of the One Life to Live writing team, and in 1994 she won a Daytime Emmy. Susie was named the executive producer of One Life in the mid-90s. She has blog entitled MakingPeaceWithPotatoChips where she has been life coach since 1996.

As for Racina, he was written for soaps such as: Search For Tomorrow, General Hospital, Santa Barbara, Another World, Generations, and Days of our Lives. Thom was part of the biggest soap episode of them all: the wedding of Luke and Laura on GH!

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/breaking-news-susie-bedsow-horgan-thom-racina-named-new-headwriters-of-oltl-reboot/2013/01/13/
Edited by talbab1994, Jan 13 2013, 01:27 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Fantastic choices! Wow! Very impressed.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

WOW WOW WOW! I think that sums that up.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Don't know much about Hogan, but I know Racina is a great writer. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about their vision of OLTL. It was Carlivati that made me a true fan of the show, so without his writing, I don't know.

Mason
Member Avatar

Well Racina definitely makes me feel slightly better about this effort.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Wow, Thom Racina is an AWESOME choice! I don't know much about the other person, but hopefully she knows the show and Agnes will be helping them keep on track. I have wanted DAYS to either bring in Racina or Sheri Anderson...those were my two choices. I'm just happy to see him working again because he's awesome. I, too reallllly became a big fan under Carlivati and Valentini's reign. They are what I loved about OLTL, but I have heard that its possible that Carlivati will be consulting while still working for GH and ABC. Or at least that he is going to help kickstart the show and then let the others take over from there. PP and Carlivati already worked out the potential beginnings of the show before so they will probably still kick off with some of his ideas. Take that for what its worth. I'm not stating it as fact, but I believe it to be true.

I'm really excited about these shows now. I think Prospect Park is doing it right so far.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Here's an interview she gave on blog talk radio. It's from 2 years ago. It may shed some light on her.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/brandonsbuzz/2011/05/18/former-one-life-boss-susan-bedsow-horgan-on-brandons-buzz

Found this too-- don't you LOVE google? :D

http://makingpeacewithpotatochips.com/
Edited by talbab1994, Jan 13 2013, 02:30 PM.

Paul8148

Marlene McPherson to Write All My Children; Prospect Park Searching For Co-Head

Mason
Member Avatar

Yeesh, sorry AMC fans. McPherson is totally inept at storytelling. I'm shocked she was hired after such a brief and disastrous stint at DAYS.

ETA: Apparently this is just a rumor for now. Here's the full story:

According to sources, Prospect Park is very high on former Days of Our Lives head writer Marlene McPherson for their All My Children continuation. McPherson was allegedly thisclose to getting the head writer position at One Life to Live. However, PP decided Susie Bedsow Horgan and Thom Racina would make a better fit for that sudser's reboot.

The buzz is McPherson will be one of the two head writers of the new All My Children, working closely with series creator Agnes Nixon. Prospect Park is actively looking for a co-head writer for the project.

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/01/13/rumor-report-marlene-mcpherson-to-write-all-my-children-prospect-park-searching-for-co-he

KMan101
Member Avatar

Susan Bedsow Horgan is pretty well regarded at OLTL from what I'm seeing, overall. Close with Erika Slezak. Was a big part of Viki's DID story in 94-95, Patrick/Marty, supposedly ... I think OLTL is going to be in fantastic shape.

AMC on the other hand ....

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I don't care who the headwriting team is -- heck, it could be Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, for all I care -- as long as it isn't the two worst headwriters this show has ever had.

And that was the team of: Jean Passanante and Peggy Sloane. They gave us the utterly annoying Antonio and Andy "romance" and the day to day ... and day after day after day after day longing between Marty and Patrick from 1996 to 1997.

Nate
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jan 13 2013, 04:38 PM
Susan Bedsow Horgan is pretty well regarded at OLTL from what I'm seeing, overall. Close with Erika Slezak. Was a big part of Viki's DID story in 94-95, Patrick/Marty, supposedly ... I think OLTL is going to be in fantastic shape.

AMC on the other hand ....
This sums up my opinion.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Poor AMC! What did they do to deserve this? They should steal Lorraine Broderick from DAYS. They could actually use the endgame team because they aren't tied up. Lorraine cannot have a serious binding contract with DAYS that prohibits her from such a promotion. She basically does nothing. I don't get it...Marlene? What the hell are they thinking?

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Mason
Jan 13 2013, 04:23 PM
Yeesh, sorry AMC fans. McPherson is totally inept at storytelling. I'm shocked she was hired after such a brief and disastrous stint at DAYS.

ETA: Apparently this is just a rumor for now. Here's the full story:

According to sources, Prospect Park is very high on former Days of Our Lives head writer Marlene McPherson for their All My Children continuation. McPherson was allegedly thisclose to getting the head writer position at One Life to Live. However, PP decided Susie Bedsow Horgan and Thom Racina would make a better fit for that sudser's reboot.

The buzz is McPherson will be one of the two head writers of the new All My Children, working closely with series creator Agnes Nixon. Prospect Park is actively looking for a co-head writer for the project.

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/01/13/rumor-report-marlene-mcpherson-to-write-all-my-children-prospect-park-searching-for-co-he
Days makes good people do crap work.

I liked her pre-show ideas on paper. Everyone knows that Days problems go far beyond a writing regime. She could be alot better without Corday and the NBC execs getting in the way.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

DrewHamilton
Jan 13 2013, 01:53 PM
Don't know much about Hogan, but I know Racina is a great writer. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about their vision of OLTL. It was Carlivati that made me a true fan of the show, so without his writing, I don't know.
It was Tomlin, Whitesell and Broderick who made me fans of OLTL.

Thus why I say to keep an open mind about McPherson at AMC :)

happy
Member Avatar

Aaa argh! Why didn't DOOL hire Thom Racina?!?!?!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Because he's not crazy enough to try beating that dead horse.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply