Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
70th Annual Golden Globe Awards; 8 PM/ET on NBC
Topic Started: Jan 13 2013, 03:17 PM (2,095 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

YAY! Jessica Chastain!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

congrats daniel day lewis!!

Alin89
Member Avatar

as usual no in memory.

Alin89
Member Avatar

congrats to Argo!!

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

WHOO HOO!! Argo!

Mason

Okay, I haven't seen this movie, so this question is sincere and not intended to be a judgment on their wins tonight, but can someone explain to me the big deal about Argo/Affleck?

Alin89
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 13 2013, 10:59 PM
Okay, I haven't seen this movie, so this question is sincere and not intended to be a judgment on their wins tonight, but can someone explain to me the big deal about Argo/Affleck?
its about the iranian hostage situation in 1979.

Mason

Alin89
Jan 13 2013, 11:00 PM
Mason
its about the iranian hostage situation in 1979.
Well, I know that much, LoL. So my question still remains....what's all the fuss about?

lysie
Member Avatar

Mason
But they're making a bigger deal about it tonight because the Oscars snubbed him.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Mason
It really is just a really good movie. A lot of the fuss is because he didn't get the Oscar nomination for directing. A good and intense movie that I highly recommend.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I've never found Damien Lewis hot before, but after tonight, with that accent, I have ginger fever!

Most happy for Lena Dunham! And loved Anne Hathaway's shout out to Sally Field! And I absolutely loved Amy Poehler's joke about James Cameron, especially the crowd's reaction. Brilliant!

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

cubsgirl
Jan 13 2013, 11:03 PM
Mason
It really is just a really good movie. A lot of the fuss is because he didn't get the Oscar nomination for directing. A good and intense movie that I highly recommend.
The casting was perfect.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This was the best awards show in years..LOVED everything. Tina and Amy- amazing...Can they be hosts every year? Favorite moment of the night was Tina calling Lena out on "middle school?" Also, Kristen and Will Farrel were hysterical. I thought the winners were pretty spot on. So happy for Claire, Damien (never heard his accent before), Homeland, Lena, Girls, Maggie Smith, Argo, Ben Affleck (so pissed he got snubbed), Jessica (i adore her), Anne (wonderful speech), Hugh (so hot), and Jennifer Lawrence...And so glad Jodie Foster finally came out and it wasn't a big deal.

King
Member Avatar

So happy for Homeland and Girls!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I slept through the whole thing. :(

I missed it and really wanted to watch.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Good show,Tina and Amy were great,but I swear every commercial break they showed the same Sofia Vergara Pepsi commercial over and over,that got old real quick.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I thought it was the most entertaining awards show I have seen in a while. Tina and Amy were great! The James Cameron comment was hilarious and I loved Tina's comment to Taylor Swift.

Lena thanking Chad Lowe was funny too.

I haven't seen 'Argo', but I like that Ben won. He got the Critic's Choice award too.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I also have to say that Ferrel and Wiig were hilarious. They should host next year together!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Between Pohler, Fey, Ferrel and Wiig it really showed that SNL can find some serious talent. I know there's lots of examples, but for the night it was kind of like everyone funny came from that show.

I think there needs to be a variety show hosted weekly by Pohler and Fey. I didn't get enough of them.

I love how Jodie Foster's speech is being reduced to her coming out when I thought it was more...her telling everyone to fuck off, 'cause she's not a reality tv star she's an actress who's given us more than enough. I think I understand why she'd be friends with Mel Gibson now.

I'm glad "Girls" won but it's not a comedy at all, imho. Other than that I can't really remember who won. I had so little invested because I haven't seen most of the movies, and I tend to believe it's unfair for cable and network tv shows to be judged as though they're the same thing. Thought it was odd they presented TV Drama before the TV Drama- Actress category, though.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Quote:

I think I understand why she'd be friends with Mel Gibson now.

I always thought it was cause they both come across as major douche nozzle's

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply