Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets Week of January 14
Topic Started: Jan 14 2013, 08:21 AM (22,917 Views)
AFaithL

Kenny
Jan 21 2013, 12:05 AM
Kenny
Jan 21 2013, 12:05 AM
Melissa Reeves
wow, pitch perfect is really inappropriate;(( but amazingly talented kids.
Has anyone seen this movie? What's so inappropriate about it?
Nothing was "inappropriate" about it. They said some curse words, and there was a gay guy in it. Maybe to her that's wildly "inappropriate", but its pretty tame compared to a lot of comedies.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

She didn't just think it was inappropriate she thought it was "really inappropriate" so something really set off her moral barometer.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Inappropriate? I've only ever seen people say "OMG PITCH PERFECT IS AMAZINGLY PERFECTLY FUNNY."

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Jan 21 2013, 01:51 AM
Inappropriate? I've only ever seen people say "OMG PITCH PERFECT IS AMAZINGLY PERFECTLY FUNNY."
That's what I've also heard!! :)

chinkybig

Not to start anything, but I think I read somewhere that Melissa Reeves does not "support" gay/ homosexual rights stuff ? Not sure... in my mind, I'm trying to provide a little bit of context on the tweet, but since we do not know her personally, it could be anything and everything but.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Its actually 81% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and a 7.2 on IMBD so the movie must be pretty damn good, at least critically speaking. That doesn't speak to the "inappropriateness" of it, but knowing her its probably the gay character. I haven't seen the movie either so I can't really talk about what she might deem inappropriate.

Its rated PG-13 and is a movie about college kids so I mean...with that rating it can't be TOO bad and what did she expect? Plus Rebel Wilson is in it...really can't stand Melissa Reeves anymore. Someone needs to knock her off her high horse.

chinkybig

Assuming the movie is "inappropriate" for her at this rate, then I would assume that Melissa Reeves wouldn't touch Django Unchained with even a 100-ft pole.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kate Mansi
Fancy meeting you here @blakeberris! I mean basically our whole cast is here! http://instagram.com/p/Urj23Pwlfs/

Greg Vaughan
@KateMansi @blakeberris @galengering @Ali_Sweeney not the whole cast was invited! But it seems the 'cool n the gang' is having a good time!

camera shy

lysie
Jan 20 2013, 09:26 PM
They did another DNA test later. That wasn't the end of it.
Wasn't there a scene where Marlena advised Sami to get another test done, but EJ overheard them? I think Johnny's paternity was left wild opened for it to be changed at the whim of the headwriter. The audience was lead to believe so many characters might have changed the results.

annie21

Re: MR and the movies... I know a conservative Christian couple who thought Forrest Gump was a disgusting movie. When I asked why, they were referring to Lieutenant Dan's cursing and carousing and to the brief scene where Forrest and Jenny were (awkwardly) together for the first time. I was shocked this couple had written off such a good movie because of these things, but their measuring stick for what's good in movies is much different from mine. Interestingly, they prefer old-fashioned Westerns and war movies. So it's not the violence and the killing and the barroom brawling that gets to them. It's curse words and love scenes and innuendo.

My guess is that MR was tweeting while keeping the religious sensibilities of many of her Twitter followers in mind.

AFaithL

It's not like it's raunchy like "Magic Mike". And it had Rebel Wilson in it. That makes it a winner in my book.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Jan 20 2013, 06:35 PM
DiMeraFan67
Jan 18 2013, 11:43 PM
So sad that Justin is actually working in Salem with EJ and the first thought is to make Johnny not his or some dead baby his. I want EJ and Nicole's baby alive eventually, but the show hasn't seem headed in that direction. I'm just excited for Justin! As far as Johnny being Lucas' I don't see the point. Do they even interact?
I see many points to making Johnny Lucas'. And the fact that they are 4 months ahead may be why it's not been hinted at yet. I don't see any reason for EJ to have a custody case though--if Johnny's not his--he's not his-no battles needed!
Now if it's baby Ejole then yes there might be some sort of battle. I just always figured which ever got to him first (EJ or Nicole) would claim him and hide him from the other...
Problem at this point in time with Johnny becoming Lucas' son is
1. We already have 2 kiddie paternity storylines going on
with Parker & Baby Horton/ Hernandez
2. Bryan D has been tweeting about lack of Lucas being
on screen. If Lucas was involved in such a big S/L
Bryan would have lots of airtime
3. If the current writing regime was Pro BD / Lucas
they might go there but they currently are all about EJ vs Rafe
I see a Safe baby happening before lumi getting
another child

Just my opinion :wave:

WillFan
Member Avatar

Hot drawing of Chandler Massey.
http://t.co/R58weE0q

camera shy

trojangal
Jan 21 2013, 09:47 AM
Vicky4Mimi
Jan 20 2013, 06:35 PM
DiMeraFan67
Jan 18 2013, 11:43 PM
So sad that Justin is actually working in Salem with EJ and the first thought is to make Johnny not his or some dead baby his. I want EJ and Nicole's baby alive eventually, but the show hasn't seem headed in that direction. I'm just excited for Justin! As far as Johnny being Lucas' I don't see the point. Do they even interact?
I see many points to making Johnny Lucas'. And the fact that they are 4 months ahead may be why it's not been hinted at yet. I don't see any reason for EJ to have a custody case though--if Johnny's not his--he's not his-no battles needed!
Now if it's baby Ejole then yes there might be some sort of battle. I just always figured which ever got to him first (EJ or Nicole) would claim him and hide him from the other...
Problem at this point in time with Johnny becoming Lucas' son is
1. We already have 2 kiddie paternity storylines going on
with Parker & Baby Horton/ Hernandez
2. Bryan D has been tweeting about lack of Lucas being
on screen. If Lucas was involved in such a big S/L
Bryan would have lots of airtime
3. If the current writing regime was Pro BD / Lucas
they might go there but they currently are all about EJ vs Rafe
I see a Safe baby happening before lumi getting
another child

Just my opinion :wave:
After Nicole's story about lying about her baby, they went to almost the same story with Gabi and there are rumors Sami might be getting pregnant. No, not at this time, do I see anything pointing to them changing Johnny's paternity, but this show has shown over and over again that being repetitious is the way to go.

chinkybig

Sami, being pregnant again?!? Horror of horrors! Is there a hat that the writers won't make Sami wear? She has been on everyone's butts and every one's storyline. Heck, she was even a wedding planner...heck, let's just add baby making machine on the currently long list. Seriously, I can't stand another baby and who's-the-daddy storyline. Just.stop.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

TreasureCove
Jan 20 2013, 07:55 PM
Nicole didn't throw herself down those stairs. She fell because Jennifer was jerking her arm back and forth like a spastic chicken instead of listening to what Nicole had to say. Jennifer either blocked or followed Nicole to yell at her enough times.

And it was confirmed on the air that Johnny was Lucas's. I don't know why Stefano kept it a secret:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrwiyApxD_E&t=7m45s

Lucas cared for both babies by himself after they were born because Stefano demanded that Sami stay by EJ's side after Will shot him

I don't give a shit what they do, I just want a story for Lucas, PERIOD!!! Right now I'm not getting one because someone at Days doesn't give a shit about the character. It's plain and simple....there is no denying it....and frankly the fans have asked, pleaded, tweeted, written, called, what else are we suppose to do? They don't give a shit about what the fans want. Ken Corday talks a good talk, but he doesn't give a crap either. The ONLY way they can give a crap is if the ratings are going south, right now they are holding steady but except for this past week, nothing really was happening with the stories.....I just hate it that a spoiler is out there that says that two single people catch each others eye and have an affair and I KNOW it's not Lucas.....and it pisses me the fuck off, you know why? Because NO ONE ELSE on that canvas currently deserves to be in that spoiler more than Lucas does....Rafe and Nicole have both been in continuous story, so have Ej and Sami.....and I just suspect that the couple that will have a fling as Rafe and Nicole and why? Well...you figured it out, it all comes back to causing conflict with Ej and Sami....it's not about anything else...it's about making the story go on with the other two dipshits. I can't even start to enjoy NIcole and Eric if Nicole sleeps with Rafe....it just pisses me the hell off....notice how all the spoilers now are saying that Sami ends up sleeping with one of her exes but is she really over the other one? That just means that if Racole do the deed and Sami finds out that she will be livid.....it's just sooo stupid.

Lucas is in the Jack category...popular character, played by popular actor who gets the shaft, never gets written for and the woman in the coupling always gets another love interest but he can't get another love interest to save his life...I call BULLSHIT!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Miss Rhi
Jan 21 2013, 01:32 AM
She didn't just think it was inappropriate she thought it was "really inappropriate" so something really set off her moral barometer.
My eyes just got stuck on the back of my head because I rolled them so much...

GMAB MR.....please....

six
Member Avatar

The only people who questioned the results of Johnny's DNA test are the fans. It's a soap, so anything can change, but it would be a rewrite, and I doubt it will happen, except perhaps, in the finale, when it doesn't matter anymore, because there's more story in the twins having different fathers, than in them having the same father.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

WillFan
Jan 21 2013, 10:04 AM
Hot drawing of Chandler Massey.
http://t.co/R58weE0q
That is amazing!!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

camera shy
Jan 21 2013, 08:59 AM
lysie
Jan 20 2013, 09:26 PM
They did another DNA test later. That wasn't the end of it.
Wasn't there a scene where Marlena advised Sami to get another test done, but EJ overheard them? I think Johnny's paternity was left wild opened for it to be changed at the whim of the headwriter. The audience was lead to believe so many characters might have changed the results.
I don't recall that scene but it might have happened.

However, I think the bigger issue is the writers at that time are long gone. We've seen time and time again that it really doesn't much matter what historically can be supported - if they want to bring back dead babies or swap out parents they'll do it, and maybe give us a half assed explanation as to what supposedly happened. But in the case they are going to bother doing that they'll usually start dropping anvils the size of Texas and ramping up the screen time of the characters involved. None of that seems to be happening on screen presently so I think this latest discussion of how to make sure EJ and Sami don't have any kids or ties that bind them together is a moot point.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply