Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets Week of January 14
Topic Started: Jan 14 2013, 08:21 AM (22,914 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Galen Gering
Favorite scene under 3min from last year for Emmy submission? Deadline today! Help! Uh...please.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 15 2013, 05:03 PM
Galen Gering
Favorite scene under 3min from last year for Emmy submission? Deadline today! Help! Uh...please.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:
Edited by supercool74, Jan 15 2013, 05:19 PM.

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Kenny
Galen Gering
I'd probably go with something dealing with the grief sex reveal. Galen's a very talented actor, he definitely deserves to take home the Emmy.

Lucky
Member Avatar

Kenny
Galen Gering
camila banus ‏@camilabanus
@galengering any scene I'm in (:
https://twitter.com/camilabanus/status/291308282591715330

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Lucky
Jan 15 2013, 05:22 PM
Kenny
Galen Gering
Ok...that's kind of cute.

I didn't realize Emmy submissions were scenes under 3 minutes. Hell, I think I could pull off something spectacular for the voters if that's all I needed to bring to the table. At some point they consider more than that, right?

Lucky
Member Avatar

px780
Jan 15 2013, 05:27 PM
Lucky
Jan 15 2013, 05:22 PM
Kenny
Galen Gering
Ok...that's kind of cute.

I didn't realize Emmy submissions were scenes under 3 minutes. Hell, I think I could pull off something spectacular for the voters if that's all I needed to bring to the table. At some point they consider more than that, right?
I always thought it was more too. Maybe if you end up with a pre-nomination you get to send in more material.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

It starts with three minutes and expands to the whole episode or however long you want it after the first round of voting. Galen Gering will never get nominated for an Emmy, especially considering how GREAT this year was for most soaps. Sorry, I also laughed, but I do always appreciate when actors submit their material. I really hate the people that are too lazy to do it. It shows no pride in your work. Unless you have a beef with the process, then I'm fine with that too.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Kenny
Galen Gering
Um, couldn't he just pick any scene he's in? He's sort of the same in all of them.

Panda

I personally think that Galen is good with more comedic scenes. I thought he was a riot at the beginning of Rafe2 when he was such a doofus. I wish they would give him more of the comedic stuff to play.

supercool74
Member Avatar

Panda
Jan 15 2013, 06:27 PM
I personally think that Galen is good with more comedic scenes. I thought he was a riot at the beginning of Rafe2 when he was such a doofus. I wish they would give him more of the comedic stuff to play.
When he played the fake Rafe is really the only time I've actually enjoyed him. I was kind of sad to see that jerk go. Although, I will say I do enjoy the Rafe and Nicole scenes as well...I like their friendship. But I'm sorry...an Emmy? It still makes me laugh. :biggrin:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

What a shame that Gering is considered a Leading Actor for DAYS. Then again, so was Hogestyn for years.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
SnB Fan

Kenny
Galen Gering
Posted Image

^^^ what he said.
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Jan 15 2013, 07:43 PM.

deletemyaccountplease

I want fafe and Robojohn back

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

KJAlfonso: I'm not submitting ; )
https://twitter.com/KJAlfonso/status/291344048445329408

:(

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Kenny
Galen Gering
<crickets>

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Kenny
Galen Gering
:shutup:

tylerbo20

Supergirlx2
Jan 15 2013, 08:49 PM
good choice now maybe tell the same advice to some of your other cast members...

peaches179

DiMeraFan67
Jan 15 2013, 05:34 PM
It starts with three minutes and expands to the whole episode or however long you want it after the first round of voting. Galen Gering will never get nominated for an Emmy, especially considering how GREAT this year was for most soaps. Sorry, I also laughed, but I do always appreciate when actors submit their material. I really hate the people that are too lazy to do it. It shows no pride in your work. Unless you have a beef with the process, then I'm fine with that too.

I would like to see Peter Reckell submit the scenes when Marlena was counseling him and Hope. The scenes when Bo broke down talking about Zack were heartbreaking.

Will&Sonny

I don't know about any of the other categories yet, but I'll be very disappointed if Chandler Massey doesn't submit something. As far as I'm concerned, Outstanding Younger Actor is his race to lose again this year.

Arianne Zucker could have a pretty good chance of winning, too, I guess.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I don't think Kristian has submitted for a couple years, but she's another person who wasn't going to win or even get pre-nominated. I love Hope as much as anyone, but lets be realistic. She doesn't have the work to hold up against the best of the best this year.

As far as DAYS goes I think their best shot is with the younger actors once again. I expect Chandler to win again, but off the top of my head I can't remember all of the performances from every show. Chandler has TONS of material. Kate Mansi has some good stuff from the Austin storyline and from Jack's death, I expect her to get a nomination. I wouldn't be shocked to see Camilla Banus, actually. I don't think she's good at all, but she has had a lot of material and basically been a lead for a while.

I hope to see Renee Jones submit for supporting actress. Would be amazing to see her at least get a pre-nom. A nomination would be incredible, but I can think of 3 or 4 great supporting actresses just from General Hospital that will likely get nominations. I think Renee Jones had some great scenes and deserves to go out with some recognition so hopefully she submits herself. Arianne Zucker has good stuff too and the voters do like her so I hope to see her name popping up. I can't really think of too many people that give DAYS a real chance.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Jan 15 2013, 10:06 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply