Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets Week of January 14
Topic Started: Jan 14 2013, 08:21 AM (23,406 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

^True. Add to that the fact that she didn't win for the Zack death stuff & I don't blame her for not wanting to submit. That was THE most heart-wrenching storyline I've still ever seen on a soap.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

DiMeraFan67
Jan 15 2013, 10:05 PM
I don't think Kristian has submitted for a couple years, but she's another person who wasn't going to win or even get pre-nominated. I love Hope as much as anyone, but lets be realistic. She doesn't have the work to hold up against the best of the best this year.

As far as DAYS goes I think their best shot is with the younger actors once again. I expect Chandler to win again, but off the top of my head I can't remember all of the performances from every show. Chandler has TONS of material. Kate Mansi has some good stuff from the Austin storyline and from Jack's death, I expect her to get a nomination. I wouldn't be shocked to see Camilla Banus, actually. I don't think she's good at all, but she has had a lot of material and basically been a lead for a while.

I hope to see Renee Jones submit for supporting actress. Would be amazing to see her at least get a pre-nom. A nomination would be incredible, but I can think of 3 or 4 great supporting actresses just from General Hospital that will likely get nominations. I think Renee Jones had some great scenes and deserves to go out with some recognition so hopefully she submits herself. Arianne Zucker has good stuff too and the voters do like her so I hope to see her name popping up. I can't really think of too many people that give DAYS a real chance.
Kristian had, among other scenes, the therapy scenes with Bo & Marlena, Hope recalling her life with Bo at his bedside, & Hope's scenes with Abe when Lexie had died, or even Hope's scenes with Lexie when she was dying.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

blueskies
Jan 15 2013, 10:07 PM
^True. Add to that the fact that she didn't win for the Zack death stuff & I don't blame her for not wanting to submit. That was THE most heart-wrenching storyline I've still ever seen on a soap.
she didn't even get a nomination for Zack's death, if i recall correctly.
she also submitted the "I hate you" Nighttime Hope scenes & only got a prenomination.
meanwhile, people have gotten nominations & even won for scenes that I didn't think were close to the same level as either of those two scenes/episodes.

mellymet

Supergirlx2
Jan 15 2013, 10:42 PM
DiMeraFan67
Jan 15 2013, 10:05 PM
I don't think Kristian has submitted for a couple years, but she's another person who wasn't going to win or even get pre-nominated. I love Hope as much as anyone, but lets be realistic. She doesn't have the work to hold up against the best of the best this year.

As far as DAYS goes I think their best shot is with the younger actors once again. I expect Chandler to win again, but off the top of my head I can't remember all of the performances from every show. Chandler has TONS of material. Kate Mansi has some good stuff from the Austin storyline and from Jack's death, I expect her to get a nomination. I wouldn't be shocked to see Camilla Banus, actually. I don't think she's good at all, but she has had a lot of material and basically been a lead for a while.

I hope to see Renee Jones submit for supporting actress. Would be amazing to see her at least get a pre-nom. A nomination would be incredible, but I can think of 3 or 4 great supporting actresses just from General Hospital that will likely get nominations. I think Renee Jones had some great scenes and deserves to go out with some recognition so hopefully she submits herself. Arianne Zucker has good stuff too and the voters do like her so I hope to see her name popping up. I can't really think of too many people that give DAYS a real chance.
Kristian had, among other scenes, the therapy scenes with Bo & Marlena, Hope recalling her life with Bo at his bedside, & Hope's scenes with Abe when Lexie had died, or even Hope's scenes with Lexie when she was dying.
I honestly think those few scenes that Peter and Kristian had at the safe house talking about Bo seeing Zack when he was in the coma were their best work of the year. It won't get either of them nominated cause they were way too short. I do agree Peter was excellent in the therapy scenes when he broke down. Those stuck out to me the most this year.

Will&Sonny

blueskies
Jan 15 2013, 10:07 PM
Did Kristian Alfonso even submit those episodes for consideration? I seem to recall a case where everyone thought that some actress on Days was definitely going to win an Emmy, but it turned out that the actress hadn't even placed herself in the running for the award that year. I could have sworn that the actress was Kristian (and that the scenes in question were the ones where she found out about Zack's death), but maybe I'm wrong.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 15 2013, 09:52 PM
I don't know about any of the other categories yet, but I'll be very disappointed if Chandler Massey doesn't submit something. As far as I'm concerned, Outstanding Younger Actor is his race to lose again this year.

I hope he submitted one of these scenes with Alison. In fact, this was some of Alison's best work this past year and she could use these same scenes.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

None of those scenes would get her a nomination, IMO. Pre-nomination also doubtful. I didn't say she was bad, but there's better. This was not a shining year for Hope or Kristian. The safehouse scenes were very memorable and emotional. I think her and Peter put in some good work. Her at Bo's bedside also good, but same point. We will never know now, but I'm confident she wouldn't have gotten anything.

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't think this was a shining year for anyone.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 15 2013, 11:19 PM
Agreed. You only need that one big moment though. Chandler has a few. Arianne Zucker had some Emmy bait. They're also already two of DAYS' popular actors when it comes to Emmy voters. Renee Jones and James Reynolds did well but I doubt Renee will even submit anything and James is very understated. Not exactly Emmy style.

lysie
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jan 15 2013, 11:22 PM
lysie
Jan 15 2013, 11:19 PM
Agreed. You only need that one big moment though. Chandler has a few. Arianne Zucker had some Emmy bait. They're also already two of DAYS' popular actors when it comes to Emmy voters. Renee Jones and James Reynolds did well but I doubt Renee will even submit anything and James is very understated. Not exactly Emmy style.
James was nominated for 2003 back when it was actually difficult for Days to get emmy attention no matter the quality.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

This year, Ari Zucker better get her fricken Emmy. I did not watch Nicole degrade herself over Daniel for nothing. :toetap:

Will&Sonny

LonePirate
Jan 15 2013, 11:05 PM
Will&Sonny
I don't know about any of the other categories yet, but I'll be very disappointed if Chandler Massey doesn't submit something. As far as I'm concerned, Outstanding Younger Actor is his race to lose again this year.

I hope he submitted one of these scenes with Alison. In fact, this was some of Alison's best work this past year and she could use these same scenes.
Chills. So many chills.

But his coming out scenes were also amazing, and would provide continuity with the scenes that he won with last year. And there's always the final scene in this episode, which is one of the single most memorable moments of his entire "coming out" storyline, IMO:

(To be clear, I don't think that he should submit that episode, since there's not enough emphasis on Will in the pub scenes prior to that climax, and the actors who play Dustin and Kareem aren't that great...but it's still an extremely powerful moment.)

Chandler has tons of options available.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I think it's going to be a General Hospital/Bold and Beautiful Emmy night. Both soaps had some really, really good storylines with terrific writing and acting. I don't see where Days has done anything out of the ordinary in terms of writing or acting this year.

lene
Member Avatar

I think the daysaster was pretty good for days...

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Jan 16 2013, 06:11 AM
I think it's going to be a General Hospital/Bold and Beautiful Emmy night. Both soaps had some really, really good storylines with terrific writing and acting. I don't see where Days has done anything out of the ordinary in terms of writing or acting this year.
I keep hearing that Jason Thompson is a favorite for the Robin's death and Patrick mourning stuff. I've liked him since the beginning, so I wouldn't mind.

Sorry mate, but DAYS is keeping their Emmy-capable actors with either shitty material, no quality airtime or both (Hall, Evans, Kurth, Alfonso, Zucker, Scott).

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lene
Jan 16 2013, 09:24 AM
I think the daysaster was pretty good for days...
Good for DAYS, but compared to some of what B&B and GH did, how was it? It looked awful if you ask me. Seriously, what is wrong with this show and their lighting? It LOOKS cheap. I've watched a couple of GH episodes here and there, and it just LOOKS better and feels better to watch. It has it's flaws too, but miles between the two.

cord08

RE The Emmys: It really depends on the category. Obviously with four soaps (five if any OLTLers submit anything from January), there are fewer and fewer actors submitting material. I would say the lead categories are out of reach (Jason Thompson was fan-tas-tic), but the younger categories and supporting could have a few contenders.

Lil
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny

Arianne Zucker could have a pretty good chance of winning, too, I guess.
Even though I prefer "snarky" Nicole, I have to say her scenes when she lost the baby almost had me in tears.

I would have liked to have seen JR submit the scenes where he lost Lexie too. He was OUTSTANDING and actually did have me in tears.

Lil
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jan 15 2013, 11:05 PM
Will&Sonny

I LOOOOOVED Will hating on Sami!!! And when he pushed her! OMG...THAT'S the Will I love most lol

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

EJ_SamiFF
Jan 15 2013, 07:41 PM
Kenny
Jan 15 2013, 05:03 PM
Galen Gering
Favorite scene under 3min from last year for Emmy submission? Deadline today! Help! Uh...please.
Posted Image

^^^ what he said.
LMFAO! Love this! haha

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply