Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, January 14th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 14 2013, 09:55 AM (16,326 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 15 2013, 11:35 AM
I totally believe that Will has made many questionable decisions in this story line and honestly...I like it that way. I love the fact that he's a screw-up most of the time. That's probably why I don't despise Nick and Gabi either. I don't agree with their actions/beliefs all the time, but their messed up dynamic is interesting for me to watch. Now I just need Sonny to be a little bit more imperfect and I would be content.
I absolutely agree with this. I think Will, Gabi, and Nick are all messed up and are making bad decision without having bad motives. It frustrates me because I wish the show would have fleshed things out a little bit more but I don't find it hard to believe that Gabi found herself in a difficult and embarassing situation and Nick offered her a lifeline and she grabbed it. I think BB has done a good job of showing that his this is in line with his obsessive tendencies, as well as a desire to shed the "ex-con" past and prove that he's a "good" guy again. And Chandler has shown Will's conflict very well.

The fact is that I don't think there is a bad guy in this. I think Nick is the closest to it, but he's more of an antagonist (ala Jack in the Steve/Kayla story - pre-rape) than a truly bad guy - at least at this point. I'm guessing that is going to change big time as things move forward and while I will hate the destruction of Nick, I know BB will play the hell out of it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sparrow

six
Jan 15 2013, 11:43 AM
elci525
Jan 15 2013, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I didn't mean tending to the baby was the priority, as of course there is no physical baby there to tend to. I meant dealing with the fallout of the announcement, and the handling of the "baby" situation, to put it a little crudely, if that makes sense. Addressing what has just happened, focusing on the decisions he has made regarding the life he has created. It makes absolute sense that he would want to find Sonny, I wouldn't have expected him not to - it's the man he loves whom he has hurt, and Will realizes this and is scared. Makes sense. But in light of what has just been revealed, and the reality in which Will now finds himself, I don't think exposing this truth and allowing it to just exist there was the best handling of the situation. And perhaps why Lucas was insistent that Will address this first before looking for Sonny.
But shouldn't his conversation with Sonny fall under the "handling the baby situation" umbrella? If Wilson is as serious as they think they are, which as 21or 22 year olds, they probably aren't, this situation would have a larger impact on Sonny than the random family members who were assembled, unless Will is gong to be counting on them to help raise the baby, which is possible.
What Will should have done was stay and face the fall-out and explain himself to his family. He should have stood up for Gabi, and he should be seeing some of the things that Nick is doing and saying are red flags that could mean that Gabi and the baby are in danger, especially since Gabi is supposedly his dearest friend and he loves her very much. (Since so many parallels are being thrown up, Will and Gabi as best friends and parents to a child is perfect since that has always been the role for Sami and Lucas that really showed the very best parts of them both.) That's what Sonny would have done. Will running after Sonny instead, however, was exactly what Will would do and did. I think it was written perfectly in character, and it would have been weird if Will had done anything else.

supercool74
Member Avatar

elci525
Yeah, I didn't mean tending to the baby was the priority, as of course there is no physical baby there to tend to. I meant dealing with the fallout of the announcement, and the handling of the "baby" situation, to put it a little crudely, if that makes sense. Addressing what has just happened, focusing on the decisions he has made regarding the life he has created. It makes absolute sense that he would want to find Sonny, I wouldn't have expected him not to - it's the man he loves whom he has hurt, and Will realizes this and is scared. Makes sense. But in light of what has just been revealed, and the reality in which Will now finds himself, I don't think exposing this truth and allowing it to just exist there was the best handling of the situation. And perhaps why Lucas was insistent that Will address this first before looking for Sonny.
I'll quote this one, but it also pertains to esp13. I do agree that Will probably could have handled things better. He did basically just run off after the announcement, but at the same time I get it. He is panicking over Sonny. Was it the best way to handle things with Gabi? Probably not, but I think it was a human response and I don't hate him for it. I'm not really happy with the way Gabi and Nick(especially Nick) have basically been trying to push Will into this so I'm not really having a whole lot of sympathy for either one of them. I know Will had a choice and he could have stepped up before now, but I think he's been having doubts for a while and at least he finally decided to do so. I think that was a first step and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have done so if he really didn't want to have anything to do with this baby. Anyway, I agree with you that he maybe should have handled it better, but really...I don't blame him for running after Sonny either. It just didn't bother me as much as it did others. :smile: And I also didn't like the way Lucas kind of berated him. That poor kid needs a hug and someone who will listen to him, but at the same time I do get that Lucas was trying to talk to him and Will really wasn't interested at that time...so I guess I can see why Lucas would get upset. Oh, the angst! Can't wait for today.

elci525
Member Avatar

six
elci525
But shouldn't his conversation with Sonny fall under the "handling the baby situation" umbrella? If Wilson is as serious as they think they are, which as 21or 22 year olds, they probably aren't, this situation would have a larger impact on Sonny than the random family members who were assembled, unless Will is gong to be counting on them to help raise the baby, which is possible.
I guess partly, and again I am not confused or surprised that Will would want to speak with Sonny right away. And I am pretty positive they would have talked about the baby, what it meant for their relationship, what they might be able to do take care of him or her, etc. And handling of the baby situation was not an articulate way of describing what I meant. I don't know that I agree that the situation would have a larger impact on Sonny that some of the other family members involved. And for that reason I think Will did have first to answer to what happened in the church, the truth he had just revealed, what led to that thinking, how he thought this would work, etc. And to answer for his understanding of what and why this was best for the child, as that child will now be central to Will's life in a way he might not be able to recognize - not a boyfriend or girlfriend, but this child.

ETA - want to reiterate again in case that it got lost somewhere that I sympathize with Will, appreciated that he has grappled with this choice, and can understand his wanting to go look for Sonny before doing anything else. But I can also be disappointed by that - or, to be honest, more disappointed that he would brush off Lucas to talk to Sonny, and also leave Gabi alone since for better or worse they are both complicit in this decision. That is my main bone to pick. Everything Will has done is human and understandable, but I can still be disappointed in some ways. And I will defend Lucas to the death, so that is what I've done here =)
Edited by elci525, Jan 15 2013, 12:02 PM.

Sparrow

Oooh... I forgot to mention one of my favorite things. After watching the second half and knowing all that happens, especially just how subtly dark and menacing Nick was, that little "dink dink dinkdinkdink dink dink" of the piano to start the episode was just.... ohmygod so great. It really set a creepy tone for the episode. Good job, whoever had that idea.

six
Member Avatar

Sparrow
Jan 15 2013, 11:52 AM
six
elci525
What Will should have done was stay and face the fall-out and explain himself to his family. He should have stood up for Gabi, and he should be seeing some of the things that Nick is doing and saying are red flags that could mean that Gabi and the baby are in danger, especially since Gabi is supposedly his dearest friend and he loves her very much. (Since so many parallels are being thrown up, Will and Gabi as best friends and parents to a child is perfect since that has always been the role for Sami and Lucas that really showed the very best parts of them both.) That's what Sonny would have done. Will running after Sonny instead, however, was exactly what Will would do and did. I think it was written perfectly in character, and it would have been weird if Will had done anything else.
I think it's too much to expect Will to see these warning signs. Nick's behavior is well within the range of showing concern.

Will should've checked on Gabi, but she had a support system in place. Sonny did not.

six
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 15 2013, 11:54 AM
six
elci525
I guess partly, and again I am not confused or surprised that Will would want to speak with Sonny right away. And I am pretty positive they would have talked about the baby, what it meant for their relationship, what they might be able to do take care of him or her, etc. And handling of the baby situation was not an articulate way of describing what I meant. I don't know that I agree that the situation would have a larger impact on Sonny that some of the other family members involved. And for that reason I think Will did have first to answer to what happened in the church, the truth he had just revealed, what led to that thinking, how he thought this would work, etc. And to answer for his understanding of what and why this was best for the child, as that child will now be central to Will's life in a way he might not be able to recognize - not a boyfriend or girlfriend, but this child.

ETA - want to reiterate again in case that it got lost somewhere that I sympathize with Will, appreciated that he has grappled with this choice, and can understand his wanting to go look for Sonny before doing anything else. But I can also be disappointed by that - or, to be honest, more disappointed that he would brush off Lucas to talk to Sonny, and also leave Gabi alone since for better or worse they are both complicit in this decision. That is my main bone to pick. Everything Will has done is human and understandable, but I can still be disappointed in some ways. And I will defend Lucas to the death, so that is what I've done here =)
The reason I think it would affect Sonny more is it would be future step father, vs. grandparents and cousins.

Bee
Member Avatar

Not only was yesterday's episode awesome but I love that for the first time in ages the storyline included a ton of characters and their interconnections and had NOTHING to do with effin' couple shipping. Please, please, please - GIVE ME MORE OF THIS!

elci525
Member Avatar

supercool74
elci525
I'll quote this one, but it also pertains to esp13. I do agree that Will probably could have handled things better. He did basically just run off after the announcement, but at the same time I get it. He is panicking over Sonny. Was it the best way to handle things with Gabi? Probably not, but I think it was a human response and I don't hate him for it. I'm not really happy with the way Gabi and Nick(especially Nick) have basically been trying to push Will into this so I'm not really having a whole lot of sympathy for either one of them. I know Will had a choice and he could have stepped up before now, but I think he's been having doubts for a while and at least he finally decided to do so. I think that was a first step and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have done so if he really didn't want to have anything to do with this baby. Anyway, I agree with you that he maybe should have handled it better, but really...I don't blame him for running after Sonny either. It just didn't bother me as much as it did others. :smile: And I also didn't like the way Lucas kind of berated him. That poor kid needs a hug and someone who will listen to him, but at the same time I do get that Lucas was trying to talk to him and Will really wasn't interested at that time...so I guess I can see why Lucas would get upset. Oh, the angst! Can't wait for today.
I don't BLAME him for going after Sonny either, I never BLAMED him for that, and I have said repeatedly that I understand. But I also understand Lucas for saying or thinking that answering for what happened in the church and Will's thinking over the well-being of the child is more important, and I agree. And I also don't agree that Lucas berated him, but whatever. What he told Will needed to be said, and I actually saw Will reflect on a choice and not act in front of his father like he knows everything, which is often the attitude I get from him in Willucas convos. So I really appreciated that. Lucas doesn't know everything either, but as I have also said this particular turn of events hold such an emotional potency for Lucas, that I don't blame his tunnel-vision in speaking from a perspective informed purely by his own experiences, own memories and own hurt. I am not so fond of Will that I think everyone should stop what they are doing to hug him, I guess. I have no doubt that Will will be supported - but in the shock of the reveal, for emotions to run high is not some inexplicable or condemnable thing imo.
Edited by elci525, Jan 15 2013, 12:44 PM.

supercool74
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 15 2013, 12:09 PM
supercool74
elci525
I don't BLAME him for going after Sonny either, I never BLAMED him for that, and I have said repeatedly that I understand. But I also understand Lucas for saying or thinking that answering for what happened in the church and Will's thinking over the well-being of the child is more important, and I agree. And I also don't agree that Lucas berated him, but whatever. What he told Will needed to be said, and I actually saw Will reflect on a choice and not act in front of his father like he knows everything, which is often the attitude I get from him in Willucas convos. So I really appreciated that. Lucas doesn't know everything either, but as I have also said this particulate turn of events hold such an emotional potency for Lucas, that I don't blame his tunnel-vision in speaking from a perspective informed purely by his own experiences, own memories and own hurt. I am not so fond of Will that I think everyone should stop what they are doing to hug him, I guess. I have no doubt that Will will be supported - but in the shock of the reveal, for emotions to run high is not some inexplicable or condemnable thing imo.
Maybe I just want to hug him. ;) I don't know...I just love that character, flaws and all. And his sad faces get me every time. Anyway, I totally understand where you're coming from. I guess "berate" may not be the right word, and I do agree Will needed to hear what Lucas had to say...I just wish Lucas had come across a little...I don't know..quieter? It just seemed like he was yelling at him more than trying to understand where his head is at. Maybe that will come today.

Sparrow

six
Jan 15 2013, 12:00 PM
Sparrow
six
elci525
I think it's too much to expect Will to see these warning signs. Nick's behavior is well within the range of showing concern.

Will should've checked on Gabi, but she had a support system in place. Sonny did not.
Yes, I agree with you that Will going after Sonny instead of staying was the right thing to do, we just disagree on why it was correct. Will totally would not have seen any warning signs in Nick's behavior, even though he has seen many things that have made him think that Nick isn't such a nice guy. Other people might, and I'm sure even Will knows something isn't right in Denmark, hence his finally deciding to come clean. Will chased after Sonny, I think, because it was in character for Will to want to find him, but not for any altruistic reasons. I'd be pretty sure that his reasons would be identical to every reason Sami ever had for chasing a man and damn the consequences. Yes he was worried about Sonny's feelings, but only about Sonny's feelings for him. Sonny would have done the right thing, the stand up thing, and then he would have found Will, explained himself, apologized profusely, and accepted Will's decision. (Moot, ya, because Sonny would not be in such a situation.) Will should not have stayed behind to deal with the fallout and support Gabi, because it wouldn't be in character. I think everyone was written perfectly in character this episode. I know, I can't believe it myself.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

IMO, if they don't submit this episode for Best Show and Best Writing at the Emmys, they've lost their damn minds.

elci525
Member Avatar

supercool74
Jan 15 2013, 12:15 PM
elci525
supercool74
elci525
I don't BLAME him for going after Sonny either, I never BLAMED him for that, and I have said repeatedly that I understand. But I also understand Lucas for saying or thinking that answering for what happened in the church and Will's thinking over the well-being of the child is more important, and I agree. And I also don't agree that Lucas berated him, but whatever. What he told Will needed to be said, and I actually saw Will reflect on a choice and not act in front of his father like he knows everything, which is often the attitude I get from him in Willucas convos. So I really appreciated that. Lucas doesn't know everything either, but as I have also said this particulate turn of events hold such an emotional potency for Lucas, that I don't blame his tunnel-vision in speaking from a perspective informed purely by his own experiences, own memories and own hurt. I am not so fond of Will that I think everyone should stop what they are doing to hug him, I guess. I have no doubt that Will will be supported - but in the shock of the reveal, for emotions to run high is not some inexplicable or condemnable thing imo.
Maybe I just want to hug him. ;) I don't know...I just love that character, flaws and all. And his sad faces get me every time. Anyway, I totally understand where you're coming from. I guess "berate" may not be the right word, and I do agree Will needed to hear what Lucas had to say...I just wish Lucas had come across a little...I don't know..quieter? It just seemed like he was yelling at him more than trying to understand where his head is at. Maybe that will come today.
LOL, I understand. I realize many love Will, I guess I am still sore over the events of the Bonnie and Clyde disaster he helped facilitate last summer. Which makes me petty. ;)

And I do sympathize with him and appreciate what he has struggled against to arrive at this point in the baby drama, but I am not so enamored of him that I think he can bypass a talkin-to. And yeah, Lucas yelled - he is loud. But I disagree he was doing that more than trying to understand Will's point of view - Will just seemed disinterested and wasn't answering back with substance, imo. And Lucas had an important point to make. But I though towards the end when he talked about the love he had for Will the moment he found out Will was his, and how learning Will was his son in no way made his life worse, he softened, understandably, and I loved that. I do want to see the convo progress today.
Edited by elci525, Jan 15 2013, 12:31 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

supercool74
elci525
Please don't confuse a disagreement with Will about how he handled things with a lack of sympathy for why. I think Will has handled this all wrong from the beginning, but it doesn't mean I hate him or don't sympathize with him. Hell, Will's the only character I actually like in this story. Well, I like Nick, but only in the sense that he makes a great antagonist for all of this stuff.

Edited by esp13, Jan 15 2013, 12:33 PM.

OliveAnn

lysie
Jan 14 2013, 07:50 PM
Dear Writers, Please don't name this baby after anyone. Thanks. Lysie, Jack Deveraux, Sonny Kiriakis, Jack Deveraux Jr., Jo Johnson, Joey Kiriakis, Joey Johnson, and Abigail Jo Deveraux
And co-signed by Johnny DiMera, Allie Horton, Stephanie Johnson, Brady Black, Belle Black and Shawn Brady.

OliveAnn

AFaithL
Jan 15 2013, 12:52 AM
Kate Mansi looks so much better with brown hair. Wish she would go back to her natural color. The blond is HIDEOUS.
I think they're keeping it blond on purpose, otherwise all younger actresses (not that there are many, anyway) would be dark-haired. I think that's also the reason why Molly Burnett's hair was dyed red.

six
Member Avatar

Sparrow
Jan 15 2013, 12:19 PM
six
Sparrow
six

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Yes, I agree with you that Will going after Sonny instead of staying was the right thing to do, we just disagree on why it was correct. Will totally would not have seen any warning signs in Nick's behavior, even though he has seen many things that have made him think that Nick isn't such a nice guy. Other people might, and I'm sure even Will knows something isn't right in Denmark, hence his finally deciding to come clean. Will chased after Sonny, I think, because it was in character for Will to want to find him, but not for any altruistic reasons. I'd be pretty sure that his reasons would be identical to every reason Sami ever had for chasing a man and damn the consequences. Yes he was worried about Sonny's feelings, but only about Sonny's feelings for him. Sonny would have done the right thing, the stand up thing, and then he would have found Will, explained himself, apologized profusely, and accepted Will's decision. (Moot, ya, because Sonny would not be in such a situation.) Will should not have stayed behind to deal with the fallout and support Gabi, because it wouldn't be in character. I think everyone was written perfectly in character this episode. I know, I can't believe it myself.
Yes, I know. :) I was just explaining why I don't see Will's actions as selfish or something a character like Sonny wouldn't have done. I don't think there's a character who wouldn't have done the exact same thing.

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Jan 15 2013, 12:38 PM
Sparrow
Jan 15 2013, 12:19 PM
six
Sparrow

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Yes, I know. :) I was just explaining why I don't see Will's actions as selfish or something a character likeSonny wouldn't have done. I don't think there's a character who wouldn't have done the exact same thing.
See, I think it was selfish but, at the same time, I agree that pretty much every other character would have done the same thing because it's human.

supercool74
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 15 2013, 12:25 PM
supercool74
Jan 15 2013, 12:15 PM
elci525
supercool74

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepesp13. I do agree that Will probably could have handled things better. He did basically just run off after the announcement, but at the same time I get it. He is panicking over Sonny. Was it the best way to handle things with Gabi? Probably not, but I think it was a human response and I don't hate him for it. I'm not really happy with the way Gabi and Nick(especially Nick) have basically been trying to push Will into this so I'm not really having a whole lot of sympathy for either one of them. I know Will had a choice and he could have stepped up before now, but I think he's been having doubts for a while and at least he finally decided to do so. I think that was a first step and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have done so if he really didn't want to have anything to do with this baby. Anyway, I agree with you that he maybe should have handled it better, but really...I don't blame him for running after Sonny either. It just didn't bother me as much as it did others. :smile: And I also didn't like the way Lucas kind of berated him. That poor kid needs a hug and someone who will listen to him, but at the same time I do get that Lucas was trying to talk to him and Will really wasn't interested at that time...so I guess I can see why Lucas would get upset. Oh, the angst! Can't wait for today.
LOL, I understand. I realize many love Will, I guess I am still sore over the events of the Bonnie and Clyde disaster he helped facilitate last summer. Which makes me petty. ;)

And I do sympathize with him and appreciate what he has struggled against to arrive at this point in the baby drama, but I am not so enamored of him that I think he can bypass a talkin-to. And yeah, Lucas yelled - he is loud. But I disagree he was doing that more than trying to understand Will's point of view - Will just seemed disinterested and wasn't answering back with substance, imo. And Lucas had an important point to make. But I though towards the end when he talked about the love he had for Will the moment he found out Will was his, and how learning Will was his son in no way made his life worse, he softened, understandably, and I loved that. I do want to see the convo progress today.
I just watched the whole thing for a second time. Wow, it really was a great episode. I did see Lucas soften towards the end, and I had not really noticed that the first time around. I take back part of what I said. He did start out by being angry and yelling somewhat, but I guess I understand why. This is upsetting to him that Will would just give up any rights to his child. I get that. He did soften up though when he talked about his love for him and I'm hoping that continues into the next episode. I really hope the momentum keeps going in this storyline.

supercool74
Member Avatar

HAHAHA...I just realized not only is Sami and Lucas going to be grandparents, but Johnny, Allie, and Sydney are all going to be little Uncle and Auntie's to that baby. hehehe
Edited by supercool74, Jan 15 2013, 01:34 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply