Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, January 14th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 14 2013, 09:55 AM (16,473 Views)
Lil
Member Avatar

Victor's death-stare to Chud - Beautiful.

billie and Kate- HYSTERICAL! As were those 2 random extras in the back of the church.

What is going on on top of Swiney's head?!?!?!

Julie- Awesome. Wish she would lay the smackdown on Maggie. Maggie annoys me so.

Everyone at the wedding, almost, is wearing black. A sign?

Hope's hair looks great today. But why is she tarted up in her Nighttime Hoe red lipstick? Does the lack of bump-it mean she is regular Hope?

Overall a good episode, but everyone grabbing everyone's arm kinda made me think of square-dancing.

And Chud. UUUUGH.. I wouldd really have enjoyed this weddign reveal much more if they would fucking re-cast Casey. He sucks the life out of every line he delivers!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

appleblossom

Lil
Jan 15 2013, 02:17 PM

billie and Kate- HYSTERICAL! As were those 2 random extras in the back of the church.

Julie- Awesome. Wish she would lay the smackdown on Maggie. Maggie annoys me so.

Hope's hair looks great today. But why is she tarted up in her Nighttime Hoe red lipstick? Does the lack of bump-it mean she is regular Hope?

Overall a good episode, but everyone grabbing everyone's arm kinda made me think of square-dancing.

And Chud. UUUUGH.. I wouldd really have enjoyed this weddign reveal much more if they would fucking re-cast Casey. He sucks the life out of every line he delivers!!!
I can see Lucas saying to EJ and Rafe" Man has Sami got you guys whipped"!

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

appleblossom
Jan 15 2013, 02:28 PM
Lil
Jan 15 2013, 02:17 PM

I can see Lucas saying to EJ and Rafe" Man has Sami got you guys whipped"!
Lucas was smart to get out of that situation when he did. Hopefully he'll have a chance with another woman on the canvas.

Will&Sonny

camera shy
Jan 15 2013, 09:08 AM
It a shame Gabi never found out the role she and Will played in her sister's death. I'm surprised Gabi every gave her the time of day after she cheated on Rafe. But I guess I shouldn't be because Sami always gets to go after others but no one gets to slap the hell out of her or tell her off.
I realize that I've already said this in the past, and that it's one of those situations where people are likely to believe what they want to believe based on character biases, but this is a pet peeve of mine, so I just have to point out that Sami and Will were not responsible for Arianna's death. The only two people who were responsible for Arianna's death were Troy and Arianna herself.

No one pushed Arianna into oncoming traffic. No one was chasing her. Will never even touched Arianna -- he was only having a conversation with her. It was a passionate conversation, yes, because he was trying to protect his mother, but it never grew physical or threatening in any way. Arianna chose to run into the street at that particular moment without bothering to check for oncoming traffic first, and it was just her dumb luck that Troy (who had wanted her dead for a while at that point) was there to seize the opportunity.

I get that a lot of people were rooting for Arianna and E.J. over Sami in that situation, but that doesn't change the fact that what happened on-screen had nothing to do with Sami or Will. As much as I hate E.J., not even he was responsible for Arianna's death, aside from the fact that he was the person who put Troy in her orbit in the first place.

Will&Sonny

esp13
Jan 15 2013, 10:58 AM
My problem is not that Will didn't make the baby an immediate priority, it's that he made his big announcement and then left Gabi to face the fallout alone. I'm glad Will stepped up, but he disappointed me by then immediately running away. I understand he is worried about Sonny. But, he chose to make an announcement in public, when Nick and Gabi clearly did not want him to, and then he took off and let Gabi get reamed by his mother. It's not diminishing his feelings for Sonny to say that I think Will handled the whole thing poorly.
I've seen several people mention this, but technically, Gabi left Will, not the other way around. Gabi ran out of the room as soon as Will made the announcement. She was gone. Yes, she simply ran to another portion of the church, but Will couldn't have known that (and he certainly couldn't have known that Sami was going to "ream" Gabi). Yes, Will could have tried to chase after Gabi, but the fact remains that she left the room first, so it's not like Will just threw his hands in the air and told her, "Sorry, Gabi, but I care more about Sonny than I care about you right now" (not that I would have blamed him if he had, since Gabi stopped acting like she cared about Will the moment that Nick shoved his way into the picture).

Sonny, on the other hand, was still in the room, so I think that it was completely appropriate (not just in-character, but appropriate -- as in, not wrong, nor disappointing) for Will to focus his immediate attention on the person who was still in the room, as opposed to the person who had removed herself from the situation at the first possible opportunity.

If Gabi had been in the same room as Will, getting "reamed", and Will had just ignored that in favor of going to find Sonny, I might be able to understand the criticism, but as it actually played out, I don't think that Will handled the situation poorly at all. :shrug:

Will&Sonny

In other news, I just want to point out that this thread is twenty pages long. I can't recall ever seeing that sort of activity before on a thread that wasn't about an episode that involved the E.J./Sami/Rafe or E.J./Sami/Nicole triangles. In those threads, at least half of the content basically boils down to endless, repetitive "shipper" disagreements.

This thread, on the other hand, is twenty pages of meaningful, engaging, provocative discussions and debates (with some snark thrown in here and there for good measure, of course) -- all of which have nothing to do with E.J. -- and that warms my E.J.-hating heart.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jan 15 2013, 08:29 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
Jan 15 2013, 04:48 AM
I LOVED today's episode! First time in a long time I did not FF. Can't wait for Tuesday's.

Kate and Billie were hilarious, especially when Kate cut Billie off when she was about to say Kate's going to be a great grandmother. :D

I'm glad this blew up in Chad's face. His reaction to Will being the father was priceless like I knew it would be, and I'm glad Abby gave it to him and defended Will. Sonny giving it to Chad was a nice surprise too.

Will disappointed me today. I have no problem with him telling the truth, I'm a Nabi fan but I always wanted Will to claim his rights. My problem is how he did it and why he did it. First, Will reveals the truth and leaves Gabi to deal with the fallout (in particular hypocrite-Sami), to explain things to Sonny. He wants the truth out? Well time to take some responsibility. And the way he told the truth was very opportunistic. If Chad hadn't opened his mouth, he wouldn't have said anything and Nabi would've gotten married without a hitch. Either he wants his child or he doesn't. And I'm not convinced he does right now. Even when he questioned if he and Nabi were doing the right thing, his only concerns were how the families would react. Nothing about him wanting his child and was willing to take the responsibility of being in its life.

I felt so bad for Gabi today. Sami needs to have a seat. Her laying into Gabi was unnecessary and cruel. Not just because Sami's the hypocrite we all know her to be, but she thinks she knows the whole story when she has not a clue. The way she interjected herself into this storyline got on my nerves. She does not know when to BACK OFF. Imma need Rafe to give it to her tomorrow because he was lacking today. I love how both Nick and Rafe are so protective of Gabi though. Speaking of Rafe, he needs to be reminded how he accepted Sami and Nicole's children by EJ as his and was willing to let the entire town believe they were his so he needs to put a sock in his questioning of how Nick could accept Gabi's baby since it's not his.

Everything I thought but could not articulate.Great post.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 15 2013, 06:46 AM
guessgirl
Jan 14 2013, 11:23 PM
Why is Chad the "bad guy/villain?" Simply because this is none of his business. This between Nabi/Will. If they wanted to keep this a secret it's their choice. Chad didn't tell the truth (he doesn't even know the whole truth when he blab) because it was the right thing. It was only done out of revenge/spite. Fine if you don't like Gabi and thinks she should be outed that's your prerogative to enjoy her being hurt/humiliated etc. Chad shouldn't stuck his nose in where it doesn't belong so whatever happens to him he has no one to blame but himself.
Frankly, if we're talking about people who stick their noses in where they don't belong and interfere with situations that they have no business interfering with, Nick doesn't have a leg to stand on, considering that he has been doing exactly that from the moment that he found out that Gabi was pregnant with Will's child.
Since Nick loves Gabi and is marrying her,he will have a role in the life of her baby.While Gabi and Will should make the final decision,I believe Nick and Sonny as significant others should be able give their input.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

thombo65
Jan 15 2013, 08:16 AM
Will&Sonny
Jan 15 2013, 06:57 AM
BeeBee
Jan 14 2013, 11:54 PM
thombo65
Jan 14 2013, 03:57 PM
I am so sick of Gabi and Nick being so self righteous, both of them have tried to push Will out of the picture since the very beginning. They basically gave him no choice but to agree to what they wanted. Then Gabi letting Rafe assume that Will wanted the abortion when it was her wanting it and making Will go along. He is the one that was trying to bust down the door to stop her. I will be so glad when the real story comes out and everyone sees Nick and Gabi for who they really are. Ugh!
It was Gabi's choice because it is Gabi's body.Will initially did not fight the choice she made,he helped her get money and went with her to the clinic.He changed his mind but I don't believe Gabi knew Will tried to stop her.I think as far as she knew ,she chose to have the baby when Will was willing to allow the abortion.Once she made the decision I could see why she would not want to cause Will to lose the person he loved and would go out of her way to burden Will as little as possible with caring for a baby she believes he was willing to have aborted.Gabi did likely saw Nick as a welcome lifeline after he helped her with the Melanie/ Andrew/Chad situation and told her he loved her.Since Nick was willing to raise the baby as his own,she would have help with raising the baby without having to interfere with Will's choices in his life.I don't blame Gabi for viewing Nick through rose colored glasses.Most people try to see the best in those they love and make excuses for their bad behavior.The day of the wedding Gabi tried to allow Will to have a part of the baby's life by asking him to be the godfather.Since she was marrying Nick and raising the baby with him,I can see why she would agree they would make choices together concerning the baby.No one stopped Will from claiming the baby,he like his mother,wanted to have his cake and eat it too.
Actually, Gabi does know that Will wanted to stop the abortion. Will told Gabi that at the clinic, after she had revealed that she had changed her mind about having the procedure. Sami even told Will that it wasn't his decision to make (not that Will didn't already know that).

Skip to the 4:40 mark in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieyUMwW602I
I just think that Nick wants Will completely out of the baby's life cause he doesn't want to have to deal with Will and him being gay. Gabi, she is so wrapped up in Nick that she can't see that Nick is trying to push Will completely out of this baby's life. He is the father he has rights too and Nick just has no clue what he will be getting into if he tries to blackmail Will. He will feel the wrath of Sami and it won't be a pretty sight. I am just glad all of this is coming out and can't wait to see how all of it plays out.
Oh, and yes, Will was being selfish about him and Sonny, but I think as more time went on he started seeing that keeping it a secret wasn't the best thing to do. He wasn't liking that he may not be a part of his child's life. When Gabi suggested that he be the Godfather, OMGosh...Nick bout had a stroke. If Will wasn't gay, I don't think Nick would be acting the way he is...........but I could be wrong. I think Nick is about to show everyone his true colors and that he wasn't as reformed as everyone thought he was. :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
Well Sami got over EJ blackmailing Will quickly enough although it may take longer for her to forgive Nick since she is not trying to sleep with him.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 15 2013, 08:23 PM
In other news, I just want to point out that this thread is twenty pages long. I can't recall ever seeing that sort of activity before on a thread that wasn't about an episode that involved the E.J./Sami/Rafe or E.J./Sami/Nicole triangles. In those threads, at least half of the content basically boils down to endless, repetitive "shipper" disagreements.

This thread, on the other hand, is twenty pages of meaningful, engaging, provocative discussions and debates (with some snark thrown in here and there for good measure, of course) -- all of which have nothing to do with E.J. -- and that warms my E.J.-hating heart.
I like this story so much which is why I was not unhappy when they had Gabi and Will have sex this summer but remain platonic friends while each has a significant other.
There are so many possible great story lines including so many characters.

concerned
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Jan 15 2013, 12:35 PM
AFaithL
Jan 15 2013, 12:52 AM
Kate Mansi looks so much better with brown hair. Wish she would go back to her natural color. The blond is HIDEOUS.
I think they're keeping it blond on purpose, otherwise all younger actresses (not that there are many, anyway) would be dark-haired. I think that's also the reason why Molly Burnett's hair was dyed red.
Really???? - that explains my mixed up plot issues with Sami, Carrie, Marlena, Taylor, Kristen, Jennifer

and don't even get me started with my confusion over John, Bo, EJ, Rafe, Lucas, Chad and Sonny.
Edited by concerned, Jan 16 2013, 01:28 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply