Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Prospect Park Wants GH’s John, Starr & Todd For OLTL
Topic Started: Jan 14 2013, 10:51 PM (1,837 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

According to a report from TV Guide Magazine’s Michael Logan, Prospect Park wants the characters of Starr, John, and Todd back so they can write for them on their canvas for the online revival of One Life, which has caused some heavy drama over at ABC and General Hospital.

We have also heard in recent interview and reports, GH’s executive producer Frank Valentini, was hopeful that the trio of characters and the actors who play then could stay on GH, however acknowledging that the legal departments of both entities have to work this one out.

One of the big complications is that Roger Howarth (Todd), Michael Easton (John), and Kristen Alderson (Starr) are under contract to ABC, so theoretically Starr, John, and Todd could go away, but the people playing them would stay with the network. An ABC spokesperson told TV Guide: “There are ongoing collaborative conversations with Prospect Park. We have various strategies in place depending on the outcome of these talks.”

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/report-prospect-park-wants-the-characters-of-ghs-john-starr-todd-for-one-life-to-live/2013/01/14/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Ugh, fuck LEAVE THEM THERE in Port Charles!!!!!!! :wave:

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

John and Starr can go. Especially Star :frustration:
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Jan 15 2013, 01:18 AM.

smuldy

Eh between the horrible call to pursue the Todd baby switch storyline and Maxie passing Spinelli's baby off as Lulu and Dante's I'm cool with them leaving this show and creating something watchable. Maybe LW will follow when GH gets axed.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I've gotten used to these characters, particularly Todd and Starr, on GH. McBain I could probably leave or take aside from the fact that he has a ton more chemistry with Sam than Borg Jason ever had. I am rooting for the One Life to Live revival to succeed so I'm not totally sure where I stand on this yet.

Mason

I don't really care on which show the characters end up, but what I definitely don't want to see is the actors remaining on GH in different roles than they're already playing. That would just be stupid.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I am mixed on this. I want the reboot to work but I feel like these three characters are so much a part of GH now that I don't want to see them go. I also wonder if the actors would relocate back east to play those roles. RH and KA didn't sign up last time so why would they this time. I don't really want to see other actors in those roles. I think PP would be smart to be able to come up with a deal where the actors can be on both as a way to cross promo. I bet there are viewers that didn't get to know these characters until they got on GH that would follow to see what the are up to when they go to Llanview to visit.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Of the three the only one I want to stay in PC is Todd! I enjoy his antics!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Starr can just ... go.

John's not working on GH. I agree, move him back to OLTL. There's at least story to tell with him and Natalie and Liam.

Todd, I wish we could have him on both shows LOL. I think I'd prefer him to stay on GH though. I want, if Kassie signs on to OLTL2.0, for Blair to have someone other than Todd. I really want to see them bring James DePaiva back as Max.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

As a huge ONE LIFE fan, and GH fan also, I'm torn. But as of now, I think Roger Howarth(Todd) should probably go back to ONE LIFE since it seems his story is about done on GH, his secret is out, his relationships with Starr & Carly are done for (although I could see Carly going back to him since she always loves the bad boy), and keep Michael Easton(John) & Kristen Alderson(Starr) on GH. ABC should allow them to make guest appearances on ONE LIFE. John & Sam are a good couple imho, plus after the way he's been written on GH, I don't want him back with Natalie. He's treated her and Liam like shit. Starr & Michael are good together too.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

John and Starr can stay on GH in background roles. HATE them as leads.

Todd can come back to OLTL if RoHo wants to do it....

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

cubsgirl
Jan 15 2013, 06:58 AM
I am mixed on this. I want the reboot to work but I feel like these three characters are so much a part of GH now that I don't want to see them go. I also wonder if the actors would relocate back east to play those roles. RH and KA didn't sign up last time so why would they this time. I don't really want to see other actors in those roles. I think PP would be smart to be able to come up with a deal where the actors can be on both as a way to cross promo. I bet there are viewers that didn't get to know these characters until they got on GH that would follow to see what the are up to when they go to Llanview to visit.
THIS IS TRUE. Kristen Alderson immediately made plans to move to Los Angeles when the show was cancelled in April of 2011 so even if the character of Starr Manning is brought back to the online version, I don't see Alderson inhabiting the role.

Perhaps she will stay on General Hospital in a newly created role?

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I've grown to enjoy the OLTL actors on GH, however since OLTL is going online, I hope they can sign on.
Not a major loss for GH if they leave.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I thought Carlivati did a fantastic job integrating Starr, Todd and John into GH's stories. But they do belong on OLTL.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

John to stay on GH, Starr too.. Todd, he can go back to OLTL.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Thanks again, Daytime! :cheer:

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

John really doesnt belong anywhere. He never fit in on OLTL and is pretty interchangable on any show.

Todd and Starr, yeah they belong in Llanview. But if neither of the actors are willing to go to CT, and they werent last year, then PP needs to let them stay where they are rather than wreck it for everyone. Use it as an opportunity for cross promotion with the pair referencing Llanview/Blair events.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I really don't dislike Michael Easton. I just think John is a terrible character all around. He really doesn't fit in anywhere honestly.

Lumi_are_true_love

Have their been any mentions on what their plans are for Blair for Todd and Blair were once a couple on OLTL.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Todd and Blair aren't together, so they could easily give her a new man. They've done it many times to success.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply