Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 15 2013, 10:09 AM (10,042 Views)
michr544125

Wow another incredible episode. Chandler has blown it out of the park the past two days as has Bryan D. I can't believe it but i am still rooting on Sami. I want her to take down Gabi even if Gabi is just how Sami used to be. Sami has Gabi pegged. Will may have went along with this plan but just like I commented yesterday, Gabi and Nick are quite content with being together with the baby and don't want Will to interfere. I do think both of them are more happy they have each other vs. being in love. I don't buy for one second they love each other.

The Lucas and Will conversation was so well written and acted. I honestly believe Will thought he was doing the right thing by lying about the baby. I am so happy that DOOL at least made it clear despite Will getting Gabi pregnant that there is no going back on Will being gay. And so happy that Lucas 100% knows that. I was scared they would have Lucas doubting Will being gay. Though I do wish they would bring up the fact that it was because of what Lucas said and what Sonny said along with what Tad said that Will indirectly slept with Gabi. I think that is important to the story. Sad the show doesn't find Bryan D a big enough asset to use him more regularly. He is one of the best actors on the show.

So happy that Sami and Rafe may be over now. This is the most I've enjoyed Sami and Rafe in months with them arguing. Of course EJ jumped into this situation. I agree the hug between EJ and Will was maybe kind of weird but at least it was just a normal hug this time. Thank god because at least the show got the memo that their relationship went way too far to the creepy with them a few months ago. It's obvious EJ is being set up to be Will's attorney.

New Cameron not digging at all. I know it's early but I see no chemistry between him and Abby. I still don't think Chad did much wrong. He didn't know Will was the father and simply wanted to take down Gabi and Nick.

Finally Marlena and Will scenes again! I love how supportive she is of Will. Their scenes were just amazing as always.

Yesterday I wanted Sonny to hook up with another guy. But after watching today I change my mind. Will truly and deeply loves Sonny. He kept the baby secret but only because he loves Sonny and was scared of losing him. Sonny obviously loves Will just the same. I thought Will acted quite mature and is removing himself from Sonny's life by moving out. So it will be up to Sonny if he wants to let Will back in. I thought Chandler and Freddie played those scenes so well.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I meant to throw this in my original post but I'm with everyone who's enjoying this version of Nick now. I didn't initially but I'm kinda getting more into it. I'm very interested in seeing where this is going. It helps that Blake is a great actor even if Nick has gotten on my nerves a lot since he came back.

I also want to add that I really like that I feel we have SOME direction now with this show, even if a lot of it was slapped together and rushed, at least things are happening so I'm partially satisfied that at least it's not boring right now. Gonna take a LOT more but it's an OK start. Let's see if they can sustain it ...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

It's nice to see all the (mostly) positive reaction to the last 2-3 episodes. I agree with whoever upthread said that this was the story that TomSell came back to write. Even though they rushed and forced things here and there along the way, it seems like at least they are playing out a good range of emotional beats in the followup to this reveal, and using actual character traits and history to explore the range of reactions by a wide range of parties. This is the kind of thing so many of us have been asking for for so long.

I guess it's too soon to hope that the show has turned a corner -- that they're actually listening and trying to address some of the issues they've ignored for far too long. Yes, it's too soon, but it would be nice to be hopeful about this show again.

Edited by annie21, Jan 15 2013, 08:18 PM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I must be one cold hearted son of a bitch because I think my favorite scene today was the brief moment of brother bonding between Chad and EJ. They were both genuinely proud of the chaos Chad had caused at the wedding and I was smiling right along with both of them. This show really needs someone in addition to Kristen who derives pleasure in making others miserable.

I really hope the past couple of days are the tip of the iceberg with regard to Sami confronting Gabi because I have certainly enjoyed their scenes. Hell, I even enjoyed Sami bitching about Gabi to EJ today. I guess I like Sami when she's fighting with someone regardless if it is Nicole, Carrie, Marlena, Kristen, Kate, Adrienne, etc. Just put Sami with any other female character and have them argue and I'll be entertained.

Lucas and especially Sonny were far too easy on Will. I was hoping both of them would have tore into Will more than what we saw. I'm glad Lucas quickly came around to support his son; and there's no doubt Sonny will be back on Team Will soon as well. I still wish someone besides Rafe would have remained angry with him for more than half an episode.

Has Eric started to regret returning to Salem? He's only been back two months and he's already had to deal with a disastrous wedding and the consequences of two hide the daddy situations. Most priests go their entire lives without dealing with as much craziness.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Did Sami actually expect Rafe to take her side over his sister? What a narcissist. She really thinks everything is about her. She practically said as much. I know this is typical Sami but I don't care. The way she cried on EJ's shoulder whining about how Rafe didn't see things her way just disgusted me. I was laughing that after all that hoopla, Will chose to confide in Marlena and not her. I'm glad Rafe has taken the rose-colored glasses off when it comes to Sami but I'm not looking forward to EJami getting back together and going against Rafe.

I agree that Sonny and Lucas were too easy on Will. Sonny especially and I actually can't stand him. I wanted Sonny to give it to Will, question him about why he slept with Gabi in the first place and then lied about it for months.

I loved the Abby/Chad/Cameron scenes. Chad just doesn't get it.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jan 15 2013, 08:18 PM
I must be one cold hearted son of a bitch because I think my favorite scene today was the brief moment of brother bonding between Chad and EJ. They were both genuinely proud of the chaos Chad had caused at the wedding and I was smiling right along with both of them. This show really needs someone in addition to Kristen who derives pleasure in making others miserable.

I really hope the past couple of days are the tip of the iceberg with regard to Sami confronting Gabi because I have certainly enjoyed their scenes. Hell, I even enjoyed Sami bitching about Gabi to EJ today. I guess I like Sami when she's fighting with someone regardless if it is Nicole, Carrie, Marlena, Kristen, Kate, Adrienne, etc. Just put Sami with any other female character and have them argue and I'll be entertained.

Lucas and especially Sonny were far too easy on Will. I was hoping both of them would have tore into Will more than what we saw. I'm glad Lucas quickly came around to support his son; and there's no doubt Sonny will be back on Team Will soon as well. I still wish someone besides Rafe would have remained angry with him for more than half an episode.

Has Eric started to regret returning to Salem? He's only been back two months and he's already had to deal with a disastrous wedding and the consequences of two hide the daddy situations. Most priests go their entire lives without dealing with as much craziness.
I also liked the Dimera brothers bonding. I fully expected EJ to pat Chad on the back. He has created an opening for EJ to play hero in the eyes of Sami as we embark on this upcoming custody battle. Sami is at her best when she is flipping off on somebody, hypocrisy on full display. :D I'm looking fwd to her conversation with Will, that's gonna be a good one.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I was kinda stunned that Rafe seemed shocked & pissed that Sami refused to take his idiot sister's side over her own son. I was seriously waiting for Sami to punch Rafe in the face.

Harmony233

What I'm confused about is I thought Rafe and will was so close so i'm kinda shocked at how hard rafe came down on will

elci525
Member Avatar

For Rafe to be upset that Sami was so utterly cruel to Gabi - good reason or no, I understand. But their scenes were just hilarious - each just seeing half the situation, and existing squarely in their self-indignant, half-informed decisions. How Rafe could think Sami wouldn't ream out Gabi and how Sami could actually believe Rafe would take her venom-spewing side over his own sister's, I don't know. Both deranged and strangely myopic POVs.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
Jan 15 2013, 08:26 PM
Did Sami actually expect Rafe to take her side over his sister? What a narcissist.
Arianna anyone?

Exhibit A of why the character of Rafe should die in a fiery crash.

annie21

Not interested in the Chad-Abby-Cameron triangle or any possible pairing among the three. Both of these guys are incredibly bland, but Cameron is practically a blank slate. We know nothing about him. He's only been given day-player-type scenes up until now. We know more about T or Brian (day-players) than we do about Cameron.

So it's incredible to think that they're now possibly going to thrust him into a pairing with a legacy character. It's supposed to be a love story, I guess. I mean, I would assume that the reason the show is going to great lengths to tell us that Abby is a virgin is that they're setting up some kind of story featuring her first sexual encounter.

Cameron may have looks and a job, but he's a non-entity. All we know about Cameron is that he walked away from Abby right after her dad's funeral. He couldn't deal with her neediness and mixed signals. Okay. But that's not exactly high drama, and it just made him look sort of like a heel. But then again, he could only aspire to heel status. We don't know one way or the other.

None of this holds any promise of romance or riveting drama. Chad only seems to want to hang out with Abby because Melanie isn't around. Abby only seems to want to hang out with these two because she doesn't have anyone else to hang out with. There's no spark or drama or stakes. And even if there were, I'm not sure these male characters (and their portrayers) have the strength and dimension to pull it off.

Unless they're planning to have Chad force himself upon Abby because he's frustrated that she's turned away from him and seems to be spending time with Cameron, I don't see any story here. That would be awful, especially given that Abby has no experience, but at least that would be a dramatic story. Otherwise, meh.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 15 2013, 08:32 PM
I was kinda stunned that Rafe seemed shocked & pissed that Sami refused to take his idiot sister's side over her own son. I was seriously waiting for Sami to punch Rafe in the face.
The only thing that would make me like the current incantation of Sami more would be if she punched Rafe right in his big schnauze.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Jan 15 2013, 08:35 PM
What I'm confused about is I thought Rafe and will was so close so i'm kinda shocked at how hard rafe came down on will
I thought the Sami/Rafe fight was a little contrived in that neither of them thought about asking Will what had happened. I didn't like the way that Gabi foisted all the wrongness on Will, but after Sami attacked her it was probably understandable.

But yes, Rafe was Will's stepfather and they were close for awhile. The least he could have done was try and get his side. You could say similar about Sami and Gabi, but Sami's not supposed to be some paragon of virtue and heroism.

Still glad Rafe got called out about his lying about being the father of Nicole's baby, and I think he should have been called out for the Sydney lie too. That wasn't good roll modeling, and I'm glad Rafe looked a little guilty over it.

concerned
Member Avatar

How come noone mentioned the veil sniffing?

AFaithL

I loved the Chad and EJ scenes. EJ had some of his old devilish spark back. The way James played those scenes, EJ was PROUD of Chad causing chaos. Fantastic!

Nick no longer had Barney Fife hair. Thank God.

Willena! Love that Will prefers talking to Marlena over Sami. Makes me giddy.

Is John really not taking Marlena's calls? Seriously?? WTF

I wish I cared about Chad/Abby/Cameron..... but I don't. Abby needs a new hair color, stat. Kate Mansi is beautiful and needs her real color back.

I think Blake and Camilla have great chemistry. Yeah, I know I'm supposed to hate them, but ai don't.

I liked the Sami/Rafe scenes.

concerned
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 15 2013, 08:37 PM
ScorpioQueen
Jan 15 2013, 08:26 PM
Did Sami actually expect Rafe to take her side over his sister? What a narcissist.
Arianna anyone?

Exhibit A of why the character of Rafe should die in a fiery crash.
Lucky Gabi was pregnant otherwise Rafe probably would have thrown her to the wolves.

He does like a knocked up chick.

Bee
Member Avatar

Who gives a shiz what happened in today's episode. Did ya'll see James Scott's f*cking pants?! Did they sew him into them? Damn. Was that a cell phone in Ej's pocket or was he just happy to see Sami?

concerned
Member Avatar

Seriously Chad and Cameron you just left Abby in the park in the dark.

Don't you know Salem has a serious mugger/kidnapper problem.

Pookie
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jan 15 2013, 08:18 PM

Can we get a scene of Eric praying "LORD! Why are you testing me with these crazy Mo Fos!? I left Salem for a reason! This is why!"

Roxanna

Have you guys seen my video "Unforgotten", it features the very talented James Scott of Days of our Lives! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOhniaHQWCg

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply