Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 15 2013, 10:09 AM (10,039 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 15 2013, 08:46 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 15 2013, 08:37 PM
ScorpioQueen
Jan 15 2013, 08:26 PM
Did Sami actually expect Rafe to take her side over his sister? What a narcissist.
Arianna anyone?

Exhibit A of why the character of Rafe should die in a fiery crash.
Lucky Gabi was pregnant otherwise Rafe probably would have thrown her to the wolves.

He does like a knocked up chick.
If she had slept with EJ, Nick would have competition in claiming paternity.

You know how Rafe loves to stake claim on EJ's kids.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Jan 15 2013, 08:27 PM
LonePirate
Jan 15 2013, 08:18 PM
I must be one cold hearted son of a bitch because I think my favorite scene today was the brief moment of brother bonding between Chad and EJ. They were both genuinely proud of the chaos Chad had caused at the wedding and I was smiling right along with both of them. This show really needs someone in addition to Kristen who derives pleasure in making others miserable.

I really hope the past couple of days are the tip of the iceberg with regard to Sami confronting Gabi because I have certainly enjoyed their scenes. Hell, I even enjoyed Sami bitching about Gabi to EJ today. I guess I like Sami when she's fighting with someone regardless if it is Nicole, Carrie, Marlena, Kristen, Kate, Adrienne, etc. Just put Sami with any other female character and have them argue and I'll be entertained.

Lucas and especially Sonny were far too easy on Will. I was hoping both of them would have tore into Will more than what we saw. I'm glad Lucas quickly came around to support his son; and there's no doubt Sonny will be back on Team Will soon as well. I still wish someone besides Rafe would have remained angry with him for more than half an episode.

Has Eric started to regret returning to Salem? He's only been back two months and he's already had to deal with a disastrous wedding and the consequences of two hide the daddy situations. Most priests go their entire lives without dealing with as much craziness.
I also liked the Dimera brothers bonding. I fully expected EJ to pat Chad on the back. He has created an opening for EJ to play hero in the eyes of Sami as we embark on this upcoming custody battle. Sami is at her best when she is flipping off on somebody, hypocrisy on full display. :D I'm looking fwd to her conversation with Will, that's gonna be a good one.
See, I totally had a different take on the scene. I didn't think Everett was proud of Chad at all. I thought he was mocking Chad's pride in what he did, particularly with the snarky remark about why would Abigail be upset by what Chad did. It was clear to me that Everett was not happy about things at all.

Sami and Rafe were both ridiculous in playing the blame game, but Sami still won the battle. I really hope there is some kind of scene with her and Will where he sets her straight. At least Gabi was mostly honest. She admitted the abortion was her idea. The only thing that was possibly fudged was that she thought Will didn't want the baby, but I don't think that's so far out of the realm of reasonableness, particularly when Sami kept attacking her over and over again.

Everett's little scene with Will was very nice and he did look rather hot sitting in Sami's apartment. I wonder if I can find a way to filter Sami out of those scenes because it is really, really hard to watch him with her. And Everett is the polyanna, not EJ. Get it right, Sami. And I have a question for Sami -- how would this have been less of a mess if they had told the truth from the beginning?

I pray to the soap gods that Marlena can bring some rationality to the upcoming custody craziness. I really don't want to hate Will when he lets his mother run roughshod over him like Lucas did with Kate.

Cameron is very pretty. Not a very good actor, but pretty. Hopefully he can improve because as I may have mentioned, he's pretty.

And while this is likely to be an unpopular opinion, I thought Blake was great today. He played the Nick/Gabi scenes perfectly.

six
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 15 2013, 07:49 PM
six
Jan 15 2013, 07:23 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 15 2013, 05:39 PM
Ahem.

Excuse me while I go beat down the last bit of fan girl that just tried to rear her fan shipper head.

Stupid sappy bitch.
Don't you dare. Come back to the dark side.
I fear she still has life...
Breathe! *slaps your Polly*

I'm going to have to re watch the ChEJ scene. It played to me like EJ's glee was sarcastic, and he was actually trying to help Chad understand why things backfired.
Edited by six, Jan 15 2013, 09:01 PM.

Harmony233

esp13
Jan 15 2013, 08:59 PM
3WishGenie
LonePirate
I must be one cold hearted son of a bitch because I think my favorite scene today was the brief moment of brother bonding between Chad and EJ. They were both genuinely proud of the chaos Chad had caused at the wedding and I was smiling right along with both of them. This show really needs someone in addition to Kristen who derives pleasure in making others miserable.

I really hope the past couple of days are the tip of the iceberg with regard to Sami confronting Gabi because I have certainly enjoyed their scenes. Hell, I even enjoyed Sami bitching about Gabi to EJ today. I guess I like Sami when she's fighting with someone regardless if it is Nicole, Carrie, Marlena, Kristen, Kate, Adrienne, etc. Just put Sami with any other female character and have them argue and I'll be entertained.

Lucas and especially Sonny were far too easy on Will. I was hoping both of them would have tore into Will more than what we saw. I'm glad Lucas quickly came around to support his son; and there's no doubt Sonny will be back on Team Will soon as well. I still wish someone besides Rafe would have remained angry with him for more than half an episode.

Has Eric started to regret returning to Salem? He's only been back two months and he's already had to deal with a disastrous wedding and the consequences of two hide the daddy situations. Most priests go their entire lives without dealing with as much craziness.
I also liked the Dimera brothers bonding. I fully expected EJ to pat Chad on the back. He has created an opening for EJ to play hero in the eyes of Sami as we embark on this upcoming custody battle. Sami is at her best when she is flipping off on somebody, hypocrisy on full display. :D I'm looking fwd to her conversation with Will, that's gonna be a good one.
See, I totally had a different take on the scene. I didn't think Everett was proud of Chad at all. I thought he was mocking Chad's pride in what he did, particularly with the snarky remark about why would Abigail be upset by what Chad did. It was clear to me that Everett was not happy about things at all.

Sami and Rafe were both ridiculous in playing the blame game, but Sami still won the battle. I really hope there is some kind of scene with her and Will where he sets her straight. At least Gabi was mostly honest. She admitted the abortion was her idea. The only thing that was possibly fudged was that she thought Will didn't want the baby, but I don't think that's so far out of the realm of reasonableness, particularly when Sami kept attacking her over and over again.

Everett's little scene with Will was very nice and he did look rather hot sitting in Sami's apartment. I wonder if I can find a way to filter Sami out of those scenes because it is really, really hard to watch him with her. And Everett is the polyanna, not EJ. Get it right, Sami. And I have a question for Sami -- how would this have been less of a mess if they had told the truth from the beginning?

I pray to the soap gods that Marlena can bring some rationality to the upcoming custody craziness. I really don't want to hate Will when he lets his mother run roughshod over him like Lucas did with Kate.

Cameron is very pretty. Not a very good actor, but pretty. Hopefully he can improve because as I may have mentioned, he's pretty.

And while this is likely to be an unpopular opinion, I thought Blake was great today. He played the Nick/Gabi scenes perfectly.
I dont think will is much a mommas boy as lucas was weirdly enough will was always closer to Lucas

elci525
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Jan 15 2013, 09:02 PM
esp13
3WishGenie
LonePirate

I dont think will is much a mommas boy as lucas was weirdly enough will was always closer to Lucas
LOL, really?! Don't say that too loudly now....
Edited by elci525, Jan 15 2013, 10:56 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Jan 15 2013, 09:02 PM
esp13
3WishGenie
LonePirate

I think that's changed in recent years (not the part about the Momma's boy thing).

I agree that BB was wonderful today. He usually is, imo.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

esp13
That's the way I saw it too.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

Safe need to STFU! Both acting as if both their sibling/son are innocent while the other is the guilty ones

I like the Nabi scene. We usually see Nick so tough and even demanding but it was nice to see him be abit emotionally and not totally together. Blake played those scenes perfectly. Oddly enough I didn't mind the Abby/Cameron scene. Chad is still an ass.

Edited by guessgirl, Jan 15 2013, 09:22 PM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Sami was the fierce bitch I know and love once again. :wub:

EJ... stop being so freakin'... ugh! :wub: EJ with Johnny... EJ in those "Fuck, yes!" jeans... EJ and Sami together, just lovely. :cloud9:

Poor Will, he's been through so much. I love that he is re-connecting with EJ and Marlena again. My ejill and willena loving heart is pleased. Good times.

Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Jan 15 2013, 09:52 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Today's show was good but not as overly good as yesterday.....I again enjoyed seeing Sami behaving like Sami but just to illustrate how much I can't stand the actual character anymore, I totally got up and went to the restroom to floss while her scenes were playing.....years ago, I would have sat glued down watching every minute of Ali's portrayal...boy have times changed. Johnny was cute....boy that little kid is adorable.....he is hands down probably the best actor on the show, lol. Chad and Ej's conversation was meh....whatever...don't care what they had to say, don't care about Chad...I love how Sonny confronted him...and Chad should have gotten the ENTIRE story before jumping to conclusions.

I thought again that Lucas and Will's scenes were very strong. Bryan and Chandler finally got some father/son chemistry going. I loved the toned down conversation, and absolutely LOVED how Lucas ripped into Will when he started his pity party...seriously Will...seriously? I also can't help but find glee in Lucas defending Sami to Will....I still have a little sliver of that Lumi fan left somewhere down in my cold dark heart.....*sniff* I really liked the fact that Will thought that if he confessed to Lucas that he had knocked up Gabi that Lucas could potentially hold onto the idea that Will might be gay. That was a great line and a good reasoning for Will to not open up to his dad. I'm sooooo glad that apparently this show has gotten away from the Lucas is a bigot homophobe dad and I again loved the reference to Lucas attending the PFLAG meetings and really trying...understanding that being gay is not a choice and that he also gets that things can lead to someone conceiving a child regardless of their sexual preference. Kudos to Days for those scenes....both days were well written, and very well acted..Bryan and Chandler continue to impress me.....OH and Nick hearing behind the gate means NOTHING....Lucas didn't say much of anything....Lucas can easily say that he meant that he went to jail (for trying to kill Ej) because his mission was always to protect Will (and Allie).....obviously they will play it off differently and it's a solid plot point but frankly I still think it's pretty weak.

loved the Cameron/Abby scenes.....don't assume Abby girl...don't assume...nuCameron is hot btw....just wanted to throw that out there....

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Matt
Jan 15 2013, 08:32 PM
I was kinda stunned that Rafe seemed shocked & pissed that Sami refused to take his idiot sister's side over her own son. I was seriously waiting for Sami to punch Rafe in the face.
I was screaming for her to do it. -_-

six
Member Avatar

Matt
I was kinda stunned that Rafe seemed shocked & pissed that Sami refused to take his idiot sister's side over her own son. I was seriously waiting for Sami to punch Rafe in the face.
I thought that was in character for Rafe, and It actually kind of makes me dislike him a tiny bit less. . I appreciate that the show seems to be moving past portraying him as a Mary Sue.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

six
Jan 15 2013, 10:00 PM
Matt
I thought that was in character for Rafe, and It actually kind of makes me dislike him a tiny bit less. . I appreciate that the show seems to be moving past portraying him as a Mary Sue.
I agree. I'm enjoying that I can't stand him. It's weird but it's nice.

esp13
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 15 2013, 09:51 PM
Sami was the fierce bitch I know and love once again. :wub:

EJ... stop being so freakin'... ugh! :wub: EJ with Johnny... EJ in those "Fuck, yes!" jeans... EJ and Sami together, just lovely. :cloud9:

Poor Will, he's been through so much. I love that he is re-connecting with EJ and Marlena again. My ejill and willena loving heart is pleased. Good times.

I'm going to have to ask you to get on the bandwagon and use EJ's real name . . . Everett. ;) :P

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 15 2013, 08:46 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 15 2013, 08:37 PM
ScorpioQueen
Jan 15 2013, 08:26 PM
Did Sami actually expect Rafe to take her side over his sister? What a narcissist.
Arianna anyone?

Exhibit A of why the character of Rafe should die in a fiery crash.
Lucky Gabi was pregnant otherwise Rafe probably would have thrown her to the wolves.

He does like a knocked up chick.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Rafe wasn't upset that Gabi claimed another man was the father. I think Rafe's just upset that there's a baby to be born in Salem and there's no way HE can claim to be the dad without raising lots of eyebrows.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
Agreed. It was pretty clear that EJ was mocking Chad for being so proud of what he had done when Chad had pissed off a lot of his friends. EJ wasn't proud of him, he was essentially telling Chad he as an idiot.

esp13
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 15 2013, 10:27 PM
esp13
Agreed. It was pretty clear that EJ Everett was mocking Chad for being so proud of what he had done when Chad had pissed off a lot of his friends. EJ Everett wasn't proud of him, he was essentially telling Chad he as an idiot.
Fixed :D

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 15 2013, 10:29 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 15 2013, 10:27 PM
esp13
Agreed. It was pretty clear that EJ Everett was mocking Chad for being so proud of what he had done when Chad had pissed off a lot of his friends. EJ Everett wasn't proud of him, he was essentially telling Chad he as an idiot.
Fixed :D
Dammit!!! So hard!!!!

mer4santo
Member Avatar
Ineffable!

EVERETT

lysie
Member Avatar

Today was fine. I was a little overly invested in my cookie dough, so I kept missing stuff.

EJ really disappointed me today. I was really hoping he'd bring up Sydney. The fact that he didn't doesn't make me feel too good about anything upcoming. It wouldn't have to be some big fight.

Everything Sami and Rafe said was annoying.

I'm kind of tired of Will walking around in a permanent woe is me phase. His scenes today were fine, though. I did like that it bothered Sami that Will was talking to Marlena. He didn't seek her out first, but Sami doesn't know that.

Abby's anger at Cameron made no sense from the beginning.

That's all I've got.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply