Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 15 2013, 10:09 AM (10,163 Views)
mer4santo
Member Avatar

six
Jan 15 2013, 10:00 PM
Matt
Jan 15 2013, 08:32 PM
I was kinda stunned that Rafe seemed shocked & pissed that Sami refused to take his idiot sister's side over her own son. I was seriously waiting for Sami to punch Rafe in the face.
I thought that was in character for Rafe, and It actually kind of makes me dislike him a tiny bit less. . I appreciate that the show seems to be moving past portraying him as a Mary Sue.
I've liked Rafe better under TomSell in this run than I've ever liked him. He is a perfect macho asshat and proud of it but i don't feel like he is on the hero pedestal of old.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

appleblossom

Boy wait until Lucas discovers Will nearly tricked him into paying to abort his grandchild.

cord08

appleblossom
Jan 15 2013, 11:47 PM
Boy wait until Lucas discovers Will nearly tricked him into paying to abort his grandchild.
Lucas and Sonny. Man, there are so many secrets still waiting to explode. Love it.

camera shy

Rafe should have shoved Sami out the door a hell of a lot harder.
Edited by camera shy, Jan 16 2013, 12:18 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 15 2013, 05:38 PM
Honeybees
Jan 15 2013, 05:27 PM
esp13
Jan 15 2013, 05:11 PM
Pookie
Jan 15 2013, 05:04 PM
I doubt any sane judge will hold Will fully responsible for the choices he made under the instruction of a parent. I'm sure Nick THINKS he can fu**ck with Will's head and make him think that will happen, but when it really comes down to the facts, it's just not realistic. I hope Will has permanently found his backbone and tells Nick he can go f**ck himself if he goes down that route.

We all know the moment Nick tries to go down that route, the whole Gabi/Melanie/Stalker Andrew thing will blow up in their faces. And unlike Will, Gabi was a legal adult who RECENTLY commtted a crime that lead to death and destruction.
Honestly, attempted murder isn't just tossed off because he was under 18, at least not where I live. He might get a lesser sentence as a juvenile, but no judge is going to just smile and say "no worries, you're good to go because you were under 18 when you pulled the trigger." He didn't shoot EJ under Lucas' instruction, he just fled the country. So that part of it might not get held against him, but the actual shooting would. It's entirely unrealistic to believe he would face no consequences for that crime.

And yes, if Nick decides to go down that road, the stuff about Gabi might come out. But I don't think her crime is somehow worse than Will's. Will shot a man with the intent to kill him. I don't care if he was under 18 you can't tell me he didn't know it was wrong. Gabi didn't intend for any of that to happen. Doesn't let her off the hook and I hope it all does come out, but she's definitely no worse than Will in that regard.

Which again, is why I love all of this. They are all flawed. Nobody is perfect and nobody is really better than the rest.
Speaking as a criminal lawyer who has worked in defense and in prosecution, I can tell you that Will's age and the circumstances makes a huge, huge difference. I could get Will's case pleaed down to community service in under ten minutes, while putting Lucas and EJ in jail for obstruction (assuming EJ outright lied that Lucas shot him). But since there's no reason to think EJ would testify, I wouldn't have to because no prosecutor would put forth a case that would require them admitting to screwing up so badly the first time around with no cooperating witnesses. Honestly, even if a judge were to press it, EJ, Lucas and Will take the fifth and there's no case. And that's assuming the statue of limitations against deadly assault has passed which is 4-7 years in most places, so it's iffy but likely. Attempted murder is usually the same.
You could get a 16 year old who committed attempted murder off with community service? Yikes. That scares the hell out of me. But if you say so, then I guess Will has absolutely nothing to worry about.

Lucas is guilty of obstruction of justice. EJ didn't testify to anything because he didn't know who shot him. And I don't think the prosecutor would feel like they screwed up because Lucas confessed. He didn't get tried and convincted, he confessed. That's not the prosecutor's fault. They had the weapon (which was in Lucas' possession) and they had a confession.

In any case, I guess they can all go to jail. Will for attempted murder, Lucas for obstruction of justice, Gabi for kidnapping, and Chad for assaulting Nick. That will make the whole thing easier anyway.
Will was fourteen when he shot E.J. not sixteen.

Mel86

I am more than ready for everything Gabi did to finally be revealed. If and when the custody battle over the baby starts would be the perfect time for Chad to finally break. I can see the upset of all of his friends being against him getting to him and realizing this could help Will in a custody fight. It could also help Abigail to understand why he did what he did. I love him and Abigail together. I was never a fan of them breaking up because of him and Melanie. I am also not a fan of new Cameron. I just want to see Chad say whatever happens, happens and tell all.

As far as Nick goes, I miss the old Nick. I am not a fan at all of what they have done with his character. Although, BB does an an amazing job with it. I am sick of so many characters/relationships being ruined for the sake of the Gabi drama.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

Mel86
Jan 16 2013, 01:39 AM
I am sick of so many characters/relationships being ruined for the sake of the Gabi drama.
What characters/relationships has she ruined? Wilson? Let's not put the blame all on her. Maybe Will shouldn't have sex with her in the first place. And than lie about it and decided to go along with this plan to say Nick was the father. So Will is just equally responsible for his actions.

WillFan
Member Avatar

Everett is my middle name.

jaygal
Member Avatar

Camila Banus must have had such a headache after trying to cry all the way through this episode.

As much as I like Gabi, i'm ready for her to be on once a week now and get busted for the stalker stuff. I'd totally be off to Cancun right now if I were Gabi.

leela46
Member Avatar

Mel86
I am more than ready for everything Gabi did to finally be revealed. If and when the custody battle over the baby starts would be the perfect time for Chad to finally break. I can see the upset of all of his friends being against him getting to him and realizing this could help Will in a custody fight. It could also help Abigail to understand why he did what he did. I love him and Abigail together. I was never a fan of them breaking up because of him and Melanie. I am also not a fan of new Cameron. I just want to see Chad say whatever happens, happens and tell all.

As far as Nick goes, I miss the old Nick. I am not a fan at all of what they have done with his character. Although, BB does an an amazing job with it. I am sick of so many characters/relationships being ruined for the sake of the Gabi drama.
I loved Nick the lovable geek and I adored him and Chelsea together, but I'm enjoying what is transpiring with his character. And I think from a character standpoint it makes sense. He was an addict who killed a man and spent several years in prison. That in itself would change a person. Plus there's his family background. His grandfather is Alex Marshall and Alex could scheme and manipulate with the best of them. Plus Nick's mother Jessica had mental health problems which resulted in a multiple personality disorder. So Nick having a darkside makes sense to me. I do wish that TPTB have Nick move away from his homophobia. I don't want to see Nick as a true villain, but as more of a gray character.

I don't think Nick will blackmail Will with the knowledge that Will shot EJ. I can see Nick maybe tricking Will into confessing the truth and Nick capturing it on tape. I kind of think that Will and Sonny will use Gabi's part in Melanie's kidnapping against her in a custody battle. Nick would then counter and use his knowledge on Will shooting EJ. This wouldn't result in Will going to prison, but a judge in the custody battle would have a big problem with it. Will may have been a minor but he was old enough to know that attempted murder was wrong and it was not an accident but a deliberate act. That would balance the scales between Gabi and Will and maybe result in them agreeing to joint custody.

This storyline is one of the reasons I love soap operas. The reveal has resulted in a lot of great soapy fallout for a lot of characters. Characters actions in the past are going to have real consequences and even the past history of Sami, Lucas, and Will's paternity from twenty years ago has a place in the story. Bravo writers.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

i change ej for lucas for the Transcript and Samantha to sami and willam to will
and 2 or 3 words out does not seem better the talk with sami and lucas than ej and sami and sami talk comfortable about rafe with ej

lucas: So I saw will earlier.

Sami: You did? How did he seem? I mean, I-I called him, but he, um--he didn't want to talk, well, at least not to me. So what did he say?

lucas: Nothing, really. But he seems to be hanging in there. I just told him that, uh, if he needed any help, he shouldn't hesitate to ask--anything at all.

Sami: Thank you.

lucas: You know the same goes for you, right?

Sami: I do know that. But you have no idea how much it means to me to hear you say that.

lucas: Come here.

Sami: I mean, the whole thing has blown up. It's a disaster. And the fallout is gonna affect the rest of will's life. And he was just finally happy with sonny. I-I don't want him to lose that.

lucas: Sami they're going to be fine. They will get through this.

Sami: Really? lucas, when did you become such a Pollyanna?

lucas: Well, look at the two of us, okay? I think it's fair to say we've put each other through hell and back. And yet, we've always managed to work through our differences.

Sami: [Sighs]

lucas: Okay, why don't you sit down and tell me what else is bothering you?

Sami: It's Rafe.

lucas Okay, what about Rafe?

sami:Well, he's determined to blame this entire thing on will. Like, in his mind, Gabi wasn't even there when the child was conceived. He must imagine that she was at the mall buying bubble gum.

lucas: Okay, look, Sami, I know Will. He has a big heart, and he has a conscious.

Sami: That's exactly what I said, and Rafe wouldn't hear it.

lucas: Well, I'm sorry.

Sami: I don't know. It's just ridiculous. I mean, I feel sure that nick and Gabi pressured will into this situation, and now... now the whole thing is just a big mess.

lucas: Well, look, it's not going to be a big mess. Hey, Sami, look at me. We are going to be there for Will. We are on his side, okay? We're gonna fight for him, and he's not doing this alone.

Sami: You have no idea how much it means to me... to hear you say that, to know that you are on my side, will's side. I am so glad you're here.

lucas: I'll always be here.

Sami: I know. [Breathes deeply]
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jan 16 2013, 09:53 AM.

appleblossom

Partnersincrime
Jan 16 2013, 06:13 AM
i change ej for lucas for the Transcript and Samantha to sami and willam to will
and 2 or 3 words out does not seem better the talk with sami and lucas than ej and sami and sami talk comfortable about rafe with ej

lucas: So I saw will earlier.

Sami: You did? How did he seem? I mean, I-I called him, but he, um--he didn't want to talk, well, at least not to me. So what did he say?

lucas: Nothing, really. But he seems to be hanging in there. I just told him that, uh, if he needed any help, he shouldn't hesitate to ask--anything at all.

Sami: Thank you.

lucas: You know the same goes for you, right?

Sami: I do know that. But you have no idea how much it means to me to hear you say that.

lucas: Come here.

Sami: I mean, the whole thing has blown up. It's a disaster. And the fallout is gonna affect the rest of will's life. And he was just finally happy with sonny. I-I don't want him to lose that.

lucas: Sami they're going to be fine. They will get through this.

Sami: Really? lucas, when did you become such a Pollyanna?

lucas: Well, look at the two of us, okay? I think it's fair to say we've put each other through hell and back. And yet, we've always managed to work through our differences.

Sami: [Sighs]

lucas: Okay, why don't you sit down and tell me what else is bothering you?

Sami: It's Rafe.

lucas Okay, what about Rafe?

lucas Well, he's determined to blame this entire thing on will. Like, in his mind, Gabi wasn't even there when the child was conceived. He must imagine that she was at the mall buying bubble gum.

lucas: Okay, look, Sami, I know Will. He has a big heart, and he has a conscious.

Sami: That's exactly what I said, and Rafe wouldn't hear it.

lucas: Well, I'm sorry.

Sami: I don't know. It's just ridiculous. I mean, I feel sure that nick and Gabi pressured will into this situation, and now... now the whole thing is just a big mess.

lucas: Well, look, it's not going to be a big mess. Hey, Sami, look at me. We are going to be there for Will. We are on his side, okay? We're gonna fight for him, and he's not doing this alone.

Sami: You have no idea how much it means to me... to hear you say that, to know that you are on my side, will's side. I am so glad you're here.

lucas: I'll always be here.

Sami: I know. [Breathes deeply]
Damn, that's the way it should have played out.

six
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 15 2013, 10:13 PM
six
Matt
I was kinda stunned that Rafe seemed shocked & pissed that Sami refused to take his idiot sister's side over her own son. I was seriously waiting for Sami to punch Rafe in the face.
I thought that was in character for Rafe, and It actually kind of makes me dislike him a tiny bit less. . I appreciate that the show seems to be moving past portraying him as a Mary Sue.
I agree. I'm enjoying that I can't stand him. It's weird but it's nice.
I think it's easier to enjoy a character's dickishness, when they don't have a team of good characters in the background flailing about how correct and wonderful they are.

Harmony233

I hope when LUmi have scenes that is if they ever do that lucas calls her out on her hypocricty its only fair si ce rafe was called out on his which i liked

Honeybees
Member Avatar

six
Jan 16 2013, 09:43 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 15 2013, 10:13 PM
six
Matt
I agree. I'm enjoying that I can't stand him. It's weird but it's nice.
I think it's easier to enjoy a character's dickishness, when they don't have a team of good characters in the background flailing about how correct and wonderful they are.

Yes! Absolutely.

I don't care for Safe and don't think they have chemistry (and I wasn't watching during Rafe's intro), and the character Rafe has irritated me since I started watching again precisely because of the propping and his holier-than-thou smugness and his controlling nature with Gabi and Sami. That said, I have seen sparks of life and charisma in Rafe/GG, especially when he's with Nicole or when he's confronting EJ. I wish I had been around during Fafe, because everyone seems to like GG's performance then.

In sum, GG comes alive in scenes with AZ and JS. In other words, and EJ, Nicole, Rafe triangle is an interesting what might have been just based on that.

I think Rafe has more purpose than Daniel on the canvas, and EJ needs a nemesis. I liked that Rafe seemed reflective about his baby claiming ways recently, and even though the character is muddled I think something can be done. My post is muddled, too, LOL, but that's appropriate, I guess.

Lil
Member Avatar

Ok, dogs/gods/goddesses/whatever, I cannot believe I am about to say this...

But (1st half anyway) SlamPig was actually pretty good today. I don't know if it was because she was tearing the Hernandi a new asshole or what but it worked.

I love Lucas. He rocked it today. And I genuinely felt hurt for him. Well done, BD.

NuCameron is hot. I just wish his head didn't reflect the absurdly bright lighting all the time. It detracts from his hotness. Noe that the chin is gone, I'd like to learn more about this character. Please not another insta-love followed by nothing.

Marlena running out of the hospital in gigantic hooker boots had me rolling.

Meanwhile, at the coffee house, instead of any real exploration of how Sonny is affected by all of these goings on, Sonny is used as a prop to introduce Marlena. Hell, I guess if the writers don't want to really write for Sonny, then I guess a Marlena-introducer is enough.

Willena :

:applause:

The Hernandi really cannot keep me captivated in scenes with only them.

Eric still kind of has that weird, mushy speech impediment. Clearly he is the Son of Creamed Spinach Mouth and not the real Roman.

In this episode, EJ will be known (to me, anyway) as "Polly Prissy Pants."
For instance...SlamPig is pissed off at Hernandi, then clearly pissed that Will is confiding in Marlena...When she arrives at her Ikea showroom apartment, Polly Prissy Pants is there and all her troubles melt like lemon drops. As do her nasty panties. You know it's coming. Ugh. And Polly Prissy Pants swears to help William through this. even though it is really none of his business. I would so rather have Lucas and Marlena saying that. Not only does it make infinitely more sense (and those 2 are characters I genuinely enjoy) but what is Polly Prissy Pants going to do? Fuck SlamPig and then sashay around the room? Please. Come back when you have some testicles, Polly.

Chud still sucks. Nothing can convince me otherwise.

I hate Nick. HATE. But at least he's an obvious psycho. That's entertaining. But I still hate him lol

Lastly...Did I hear this wrong or did Will tell Marlena he "literally" loves her..So much? Huh?!

camera shy

leela46
Jan 16 2013, 04:10 AM
Mel86

I loved Nick the lovable geek and I adored him and Chelsea together, but I'm enjoying what is transpiring with his character. And I think from a character standpoint it makes sense. He was an addict who killed a man and spent several years in prison. That in itself would change a person. Plus there's his family background. His grandfather is Alex Marshall and Alex could scheme and manipulate with the best of them. Plus Nick's mother Jessica had mental health problems which resulted in a multiple personality disorder. So Nick having a darkside makes sense to me. I do wish that TPTB have Nick move away from his homophobia. I don't want to see Nick as a true villain, but as more of a gray character.

I don't think Nick will blackmail Will with the knowledge that Will shot EJ. I can see Nick maybe tricking Will into confessing the truth and Nick capturing it on tape. I kind of think that Will and Sonny will use Gabi's part in Melanie's kidnapping against her in a custody battle. Nick would then counter and use his knowledge on Will shooting EJ. This wouldn't result in Will going to prison, but a judge in the custody battle would have a big problem with it. Will may have been a minor but he was old enough to know that attempted murder was wrong and it was not an accident but a deliberate act. That would balance the scales between Gabi and Will and maybe result in them agreeing to joint custody.

This storyline is one of the reasons I love soap operas. The reveal has resulted in a lot of great soapy fallout for a lot of characters. Characters actions in the past are going to have real consequences and even the past history of Sami, Lucas, and Will's paternity from twenty years ago has a place in the story. Bravo writers.
I would love to see Nick have the upper hand during this whole custody battle and when EJ tried to strong arm him for blackmailing Will he told him, "You better back off if you want to keep Johnny as your son". ^o)

Lil
Member Avatar

esp13
Pookie
I doubt any sane judge will hold Will fully responsible for the choices he made under the instruction of a parent. I'm sure Nick THINKS he can fu**ck with Will's head and make him think that will happen, but when it really comes down to the facts, it's just not realistic. I hope Will has permanently found his backbone and tells Nick he can go f**ck himself if he goes down that route.

We all know the moment Nick tries to go down that route, the whole Gabi/Melanie/Stalker Andrew thing will blow up in their faces. And unlike Will, Gabi was a legal adult who RECENTLY commtted a crime that lead to death and destruction.
Honestly, attempted murder isn't just tossed off because he was under 18, at least not where I live. He might get a lesser sentence as a juvenile, but no judge is going to just smile and say "no worries, you're good to go because you were under 18 when you pulled the trigger." He didn't shoot EJ under Lucas' instruction, he just fled the country. So that part of it might not get held against him, but the actual shooting would. It's entirely unrealistic to believe he would face no consequences for that crime.

And yes, if Nick decides to go down that road, the stuff about Gabi might come out. But I don't think her crime is somehow worse than Will's. Will shot a man with the intent to kill him. I don't care if he was under 18 you can't tell me he didn't know it was wrong. Gabi didn't intend for any of that to happen. Doesn't let her off the hook and I hope it all does come out, but she's definitely no worse than Will in that regard.

Which again, is why I love all of this. They are all flawed. Nobody is perfect and nobody is really better than the rest.
I don't know...I think EJ having gotten past Will's trying to murder him might push for a lesser sentence, no?

camera shy

Lil
Jan 16 2013, 10:40 AM
esp13
Pookie

I don't know...I think EJ having gotten past Will's trying to murder him might push for a lesser sentence, no?
He might not want Sonny to know or Sonny's parents. If I was Adrienne I sure wouldn't want my son to be dating someone who had once tried to murder someone.

Lil
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 15 2013, 08:37 PM
ScorpioQueen
Jan 15 2013, 08:26 PM
Did Sami actually expect Rafe to take her side over his sister? What a narcissist.
Arianna anyone?

Exhibit A of why the character of Rafe should die in a fiery crash.
Pit of lions!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply