Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 15 2013, 10:09 AM (10,057 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

camera shy
Jan 16 2013, 10:50 AM
Lil
Jan 16 2013, 10:40 AM
esp13
Jan 15 2013, 05:11 PM
Pookie
Jan 15 2013, 05:04 PM
I doubt any sane judge will hold Will fully responsible for the choices he made under the instruction of a parent. I'm sure Nick THINKS he can fu**ck with Will's head and make him think that will happen, but when it really comes down to the facts, it's just not realistic. I hope Will has permanently found his backbone and tells Nick he can go f**ck himself if he goes down that route.

We all know the moment Nick tries to go down that route, the whole Gabi/Melanie/Stalker Andrew thing will blow up in their faces. And unlike Will, Gabi was a legal adult who RECENTLY commtted a crime that lead to death and destruction.
Honestly, attempted murder isn't just tossed off because he was under 18, at least not where I live. He might get a lesser sentence as a juvenile, but no judge is going to just smile and say "no worries, you're good to go because you were under 18 when you pulled the trigger." He didn't shoot EJ under Lucas' instruction, he just fled the country. So that part of it might not get held against him, but the actual shooting would. It's entirely unrealistic to believe he would face no consequences for that crime.

And yes, if Nick decides to go down that road, the stuff about Gabi might come out. But I don't think her crime is somehow worse than Will's. Will shot a man with the intent to kill him. I don't care if he was under 18 you can't tell me he didn't know it was wrong. Gabi didn't intend for any of that to happen. Doesn't let her off the hook and I hope it all does come out, but she's definitely no worse than Will in that regard.

Which again, is why I love all of this. They are all flawed. Nobody is perfect and nobody is really better than the rest.
I don't know...I think EJ having gotten past Will's trying to murder him might push for a lesser sentence, no?
He might not want Sonny to know or Sonny's parents. If I was Adrienne I sure wouldn't want my son to be dating someone who had once tried to murder someone.
Because, heaven forbid, Adrienne would be currently married to someone who had once tried to murder someone...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

Matt
Jan 16 2013, 10:53 AM
camera shy
Lil
esp13

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't know...I think EJ having gotten past Will's trying to murder him might push for a lesser sentence, no?
He might not want Sonny to know or Sonny's parents. If I was Adrienne I sure wouldn't want my son to be dating someone who had once tried to murder someone.
Because, heaven forbid, Adrienne would be currently married to someone who had once tried to murder someone...
I haven't been glued to this show. Justin once tried to murder someone?

esp13
Member Avatar

^^ Yeah, of all the things Adrienne would have an issue with, I don't think shooting EJ would be one of them. Given what he did to Steve, it would probably make her like Will even more.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Justin tried to kill Emilio years ago when Emilio & Adrienne were having an affair. Of course, Emilio then tried to return the favor. lol Justin & Adrienne never have any business pointing fingers at ANYONE'S fucked up relationships. lol

CodeBlazeNuke
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 16 2013, 09:56 AM
six
Jan 16 2013, 09:43 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 15 2013, 10:13 PM
six
Jan 15 2013, 10:00 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepIt actually kind of makes me dislike him a tiny bit less. . I appreciate that the show seems to be moving past portraying him as a Mary Sue.
I agree. I'm enjoying that I can't stand him. It's weird but it's nice.
I think it's easier to enjoy a character's dickishness, when they don't have a team of good characters in the background flailing about how correct and wonderful they are.

Yes! Absolutely.

I don't care for Safe and don't think they have chemistry (and I wasn't watching during Rafe's intro), and the character Rafe has irritated me since I started watching again precisely because of the propping and his holier-than-thou smugness and his controlling nature with Gabi and Sami. That said, I have seen sparks of life and charisma in Rafe/GG, especially when he's with Nicole or when he's confronting EJ. I wish I had been around during Fafe, because everyone seems to like GG's performance then.

In sum, GG comes alive in scenes with AZ and JS. In other words, and EJ, Nicole, Rafe triangle is an interesting what might have been just based on that.

I think Rafe has more purpose than Daniel on the canvas, and EJ needs a nemesis. I liked that Rafe seemed reflective about his baby claiming ways recently, and even though the character is muddled I think something can be done. My post is muddled, too, LOL, but that's appropriate, I guess.
I was there and I kept falling asleep everytime he was on screen.. and I really did care about the show went they took John and Doc off the show.

stormymac
Member Avatar

camera shy
Lil
esp13
Pookie
Jan 15 2013, 05:04 PM
I doubt any sane judge will hold Will fully responsible for the choices he made under the instruction of a parent. I'm sure Nick THINKS he can fu**ck with Will's head and make him think that will happen, but when it really comes down to the facts, it's just not realistic. I hope Will has permanently found his backbone and tells Nick he can go f**ck himself if he goes down that route.

We all know the moment Nick tries to go down that route, the whole Gabi/Melanie/Stalker Andrew thing will blow up in their faces. And unlike Will, Gabi was a legal adult who RECENTLY commtted a crime that lead to death and destruction.
Honestly, attempted murder isn't just tossed off because he was under 18, at least not where I live. He might get a lesser sentence as a juvenile, but no judge is going to just smile and say "no worries, you're good to go because you were under 18 when you pulled the trigger." He didn't shoot EJ under Lucas' instruction, he just fled the country. So that part of it might not get held against him, but the actual shooting would. It's entirely unrealistic to believe he would face no consequences for that crime.

And yes, if Nick decides to go down that road, the stuff about Gabi might come out. But I don't think her crime is somehow worse than Will's. Will shot a man with the intent to kill him. I don't care if he was under 18 you can't tell me he didn't know it was wrong. Gabi didn't intend for any of that to happen. Doesn't let her off the hook and I hope it all does come out, but she's definitely no worse than Will in that regard.

Which again, is why I love all of this. They are all flawed. Nobody is perfect and nobody is really better than the rest.

Sonny would have to leave Salem because eventually there would be nobody left to date.
Edited by stormymac, Jan 16 2013, 11:02 AM.

camera shy

esp13
Jan 16 2013, 10:57 AM
^^ Yeah, of all the things Adrienne would have an issue with, I don't think shooting EJ would be one of them. Given what he did to Steve, it would probably make her like Will even more.
I don't care who the intended victim was, most mothers wouldn't want the son of daughter with someone who would try to murder someone. Adrienne already has problems with Will and for what? Nothing as serious as attempted murder.

camera shy

Well I would find it beyond stupid if they have Adrienne getting upset for WIll sleeping with Gabi and getting her pregnant and not have a problem with attempted murder.

Lil
Member Avatar

Honeybees
six
JamaicanBeauty7
six
Jan 15 2013, 10:00 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepIt actually kind of makes me dislike him a tiny bit less. . I appreciate that the show seems to be moving past portraying him as a Mary Sue.
I agree. I'm enjoying that I can't stand him. It's weird but it's nice.
I think it's easier to enjoy a character's dickishness, when they don't have a team of good characters in the background flailing about how correct and wonderful they are.

Yes! Absolutely.

I don't care for Safe and don't think they have chemistry (and I wasn't watching during Rafe's intro), and the character Rafe has irritated me since I started watching again precisely because of the propping and his holier-than-thou smugness and his controlling nature with Gabi and Sami. That said, I have seen sparks of life and charisma in Rafe/GG, especially when he's with Nicole or when he's confronting EJ. I wish I had been around during Fafe, because everyone seems to like GG's performance then.

In sum, GG comes alive in scenes with AZ and JS. In other words, and EJ, Nicole, Rafe triangle is an interesting what might have been just based on that.

I think Rafe has more purpose than Daniel on the canvas, and EJ needs a nemesis. I liked that Rafe seemed reflective about his baby claiming ways recently, and even though the character is muddled I think something can be done. My post is muddled, too, LOL, but that's appropriate, I guess.
Personally I can't STAND GG in scenes with JS. JS always goes OTT and snotty and GG just gives the smug douche look. I hope that Sami being paired with EJ going forward means less interaction between those 2 because I think they both drag each other down. I do agree with you about Nicolem, though :-)

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Adrienne shot her own father and Steve took the blame. It wasn't self defense, it was justifiable homicide since she killed him after he raped her. She's actually in a pretty good position to empathize with Will, though the circumstances are way different.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I hope Kristen's back for today, bc as much as I loved the last 2 eppi's, I'm seriously getting annoyed she hasn't been on for over a week.

esp13
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jan 16 2013, 11:01 AM
esp13
Jan 16 2013, 10:57 AM
I don't care who the intended victim was, most mothers wouldn't want the son of daughter with someone who would try to murder someone. Adrienne already has problems with Will and for what? Nothing as serious as attempted murder.
I agree most mothers wouldn't. But given Justin and Adrienne's history and the Johnson family history with EJ, I really don't think Adrienne (if written true to character) would have a big issue with Will taking a shot at EJ. She'll have a far bigger issue with the lies about the baby.

Harmony233

Now that I think about it is it really that suprising that will would shoot someone lol look at his parents.Lucas killed Franco and Sami shot EJ.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

This is the same show that acted like it was more of a crime & far less excusable for Chloe to cheat on Daniel with Philip & get knocked up than it was for Sami to shoot EJ in the head in cold blood.

concerned
Member Avatar

appleblossom
Jan 16 2013, 08:05 AM
Partnersincrime
Jan 16 2013, 06:13 AM
i change ej for lucas for the Transcript and Samantha to sami and willam to will
and 2 or 3 words out does not seem better the talk with sami and lucas than ej and sami and sami talk comfortable about rafe with ej

lucas: So I saw will earlier.

Sami: You did? How did he seem? I mean, I-I called him, but he, um--he didn't want to talk, well, at least not to me. So what did he say?

lucas: Nothing, really. But he seems to be hanging in there. I just told him that, uh, if he needed any help, he shouldn't hesitate to ask--anything at all.

Sami: Thank you.

lucas: You know the same goes for you, right?

Sami: I do know that. But you have no idea how much it means to me to hear you say that.

lucas: Come here.

Sami: I mean, the whole thing has blown up. It's a disaster. And the fallout is gonna affect the rest of will's life. And he was just finally happy with sonny. I-I don't want him to lose that.

lucas: Sami they're going to be fine. They will get through this.

Sami: Really? lucas, when did you become such a Pollyanna?

lucas: Well, look at the two of us, okay? I think it's fair to say we've put each other through hell and back. And yet, we've always managed to work through our differences.

Sami: [Sighs]

lucas: Okay, why don't you sit down and tell me what else is bothering you?

Sami: It's Rafe.

lucas Okay, what about Rafe?

lucas Well, he's determined to blame this entire thing on will. Like, in his mind, Gabi wasn't even there when the child was conceived. He must imagine that she was at the mall buying bubble gum.

lucas: Okay, look, Sami, I know Will. He has a big heart, and he has a conscious.

Sami: That's exactly what I said, and Rafe wouldn't hear it.

lucas: Well, I'm sorry.

Sami: I don't know. It's just ridiculous. I mean, I feel sure that nick and Gabi pressured will into this situation, and now... now the whole thing is just a big mess.

lucas: Well, look, it's not going to be a big mess. Hey, Sami, look at me. We are going to be there for Will. We are on his side, okay? We're gonna fight for him, and he's not doing this alone.

Sami: You have no idea how much it means to me... to hear you say that, to know that you are on my side, will's side. I am so glad you're here.

lucas: I'll always be here.

Sami: I know. [Breathes deeply]
Damn, that's the way it should have played out.
Yeah except I don't think you would manage to fit that all in to the 30 second time slot that they gave to EJ and Will.

concerned
Member Avatar

CodeBlazeNuke
Jan 16 2013, 10:59 AM
Honeybees
six
JamaicanBeauty7

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepIt actually kind of makes me dislike him a tiny bit less. enjoying that I can't stand him. It's weird but it's nice.

Yes! Absolutely.

I was there and I kept falling asleep everytime he was on screen.. and I really did care about the show went they took John and Doc off the show.
EJ should have a nemesis but that nemesis should be Brady, Lucas, Sami or Hope. (their scenes together are 10000 times better than any EJ/Rafe interaction)

concerned
Member Avatar

And now I want to rant about the monster truck show.

Seriously Everett you are leading EJ astray.

Monster Truck Show???? I guess the only bright side was at least he wasn't wearing a suit to the Monster Truck Show.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 16 2013, 11:23 AM
This is the same show that acted like it was more of a crime & far less excusable for Chloe to cheat on Daniel with Philip & get knocked up than it was for Sami to shoot EJ in the head in cold blood.
Or for Gabi to hire a stalker or for Gabi to try to help Melanie instead of reporting her blackmailer to the police.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply