Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 15 2013, 10:09 AM (9,883 Views)
elci525
Member Avatar

Oh, Willucas keeps getting better!! =) I am so happy! I been dying for scenes like this between Lucas and Will, BD and CM....

what an honest and so sad thing for Will to say, thinking that if Lucas knew he would hold onto the idea of Will being straight. That was a very good note for the writers to strike.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 15 2013, 01:16 PM
Interesting. So Nick knows that Lucas went to prison for Will, but does he know why? The number of half-secrets in this story continue to surprise me.
I think Nick knows why. He was around when EJ was shot and when Lucas went to prison. So he should be able to put the pieces together pretty quickly.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 15 2013, 01:13 PM
So, right - Lucas just yelled at Will, and I suspect some will be unhappy. And ideally I would have loved for him to say you are right the custody battles sucked, I get it. And I think he does.

But this is what I have been feeling for the longest time now, since the reveal of Lucas going to prison for Will. And then I think of all Will has said regarding his upbringing. Not that Will is wrong. Not that his memories aren't valid. But I agree with Lucas that yeah, maybe he does need to be reminded of the sacrifices, b/c I don't think he remembers. There was a very real reason why Will needed to go to Switzerland - and it wasn't because that was part of some custody saga too. And for the custody battles that went on when Will was very young, once his parents agreed to joint custody, I do recall them trying to give their son a stable as home as they could provide. They often failed, and it must have been hard to see his parents get together again and fall apart. But a part of me really loves Lucas saying what he is saying right now - it's been what I have been wanting to yell at Will since I can remember.
I'm very glad that Lucas finally listened to Will at the end, but I will maintain that yelling was the wrong thing to do to his devastated son. He should have listened first. And as for going to jail for Will, that was a well-meaning and very stupid thing to do. Will was then subject to blackmail by EJ, and now Nick is going to use it against him. And Lucas went to jail. I know it was a plot point, but Will was a kid and would have stayed in the juvenile system. Lucas told him to lie and not take responsibility, and now he chooses to yell at Will and tell him to take responsibility? Talk about mixed messages.

I like Lucas and I think BD is doing a good job, and I hope they continue to talk more. And I'm glad Lucas knows Will isn't straight.

cord08

Ok, this little convo EJ had with Chad is the EJ I miss.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I'm loving EJ's gossip mongering and butting-in. He's pretty gleeful, and amused. JS is doing a good job, and having Johnny there is a nice touch.

But where's Allie?

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Oh this Rafe and Sami convo is just going in complete circles.

cord08

This Rafe/Sami argument is hilarious. They're both half-right, half-wrong.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 15 2013, 01:24 PM
This Rafe/Sami argument is hilarious. They're both half-right, half-wrong.
It it's not really EITHER one of their business and they are making it all about themselves. Yes, they are blood related to the kid, but it doesn't occur to either of them to stop making assumptions and ask the parties involved.

I wish Gabi would have stepped up and said Will had offered to care for the child and even marry her before Nick stepped in, but it's in character for her to be passive.
Edited by Honeybees, Jan 15 2013, 01:26 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

That Will/EJ hug freaked me out a bit.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 15 2013, 01:21 PM
elci525
So, right - Lucas just yelled at Will, and I suspect some will be unhappy. And ideally I would have loved for him to say you are right the custody battles sucked, I get it. And I think he does.

But this is what I have been feeling for the longest time now, since the reveal of Lucas going to prison for Will. And then I think of all Will has said regarding his upbringing. Not that Will is wrong. Not that his memories aren't valid. But I agree with Lucas that yeah, maybe he does need to be reminded of the sacrifices, b/c I don't think he remembers. There was a very real reason why Will needed to go to Switzerland - and it wasn't because that was part of some custody saga too. And for the custody battles that went on when Will was very young, once his parents agreed to joint custody, I do recall them trying to give their son a stable as home as they could provide. They often failed, and it must have been hard to see his parents get together again and fall apart. But a part of me really loves Lucas saying what he is saying right now - it's been what I have been wanting to yell at Will since I can remember.
I'm very glad that Lucas finally listened to Will at the end, but I will maintain that yelling was the wrong thing to do to his devastated son. He should have listened first. And as for going to jail for Will, that was a well-meaning and very stupid thing to do. Will was then subject to blackmail by EJ, and now Nick is going to use it against him. And Lucas went to jail. I know it was a plot point, but Will was a kid and would have stayed in the juvenile system. Lucas told him to lie and not take responsibility, and now he chooses to yell at Will and tell him to take responsibility? Talk about mixed messages.

I like Lucas and I think BD is doing a good job, and I hope they continue to talk more. And I'm glad Lucas knows Will isn't straight.
it was not about saving will just from jail it also about saving will from ej family
stefano put on lucas when he thougt he shot ej
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jan 15 2013, 01:30 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 15 2013, 01:21 PM
elci525

I don't want to get into another huge back and forth, so I will be brief.

Lucas went to jail for his son not really thinking that oh, maybe now son will be subject to blackmail - I can't hold him responsible for that. And the yelling that happened was totally plot driven so that the truth of the EJ shooting came out for Nick to hear - not that Lucas yelling is out of character. And he is talking about parental responsibility, which is what going to jail for his son was part of - regardless of how misguided or well-meaning but stupid. And I will say again that Will does need to be reminded of what his father especially has done to be part of his life, to try to protect him and do right by him, and all that has meant.

And once Lucas calmed down, he admitted that of course Will had it rough growing up and that obviously he must have done something wrong. Honest, human, flawed reactions - just like Will having honest, human, flawed reactions to the handling of the baby. And this is why we love these characters. Doesn't preclude us from being disappointed by some of these choices, but it's what we love about black and white, fleshed-out characters. I am so thrilled Lucas/BD was allowed this conversation with Will. I did not expect it, and I am floored by it. =)
Edited by elci525, Jan 15 2013, 01:32 PM.

Angelsmile

esp13
Jan 15 2013, 01:17 PM
Angelsmile
Jan 15 2013, 01:14 PM
Now, maybe we can all stop feeling so sorry for poor Gabi, being yelled at by evil Sami. She is straight out lying about Will to make herself the victim.
Doesn't stop me from having sympathy for her. One thing really has nothing to do with the other and, beyond that, Sami yelled first. I can't blame Gabi too much for feeling a bit defensive. Plus, as I said above, given all that was going on and what Will actually said, I don't find it too unbelievable that she believes Will wanted the abortion too.
Well I couldn't feel sorry for her before she decided to shape the story to her favor and I definitely can't now. The first thing Will said to her was that she would not be alone that they were in this together, he even offered to marry her, but interestingly enough she is sharing none of this with Rafe.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

The reactions of Sami and Lucas are a study in contrasts. Sami is not in "mama bear" mode right now. She is straight up deranged.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

no more lucas in the episode
it for more time to pimp ej

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Is this the beginning of a Chad/Abigail/Cameron triangle?

cord08

Will/Marlena!!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Been waiting for a Will/Marlena scene.

esp13
Member Avatar

Angelsmile
Jan 15 2013, 01:27 PM
esp13
Jan 15 2013, 01:17 PM
Angelsmile
Jan 15 2013, 01:14 PM
Now, maybe we can all stop feeling so sorry for poor Gabi, being yelled at by evil Sami. She is straight out lying about Will to make herself the victim.
Doesn't stop me from having sympathy for her. One thing really has nothing to do with the other and, beyond that, Sami yelled first. I can't blame Gabi too much for feeling a bit defensive. Plus, as I said above, given all that was going on and what Will actually said, I don't find it too unbelievable that she believes Will wanted the abortion too.
Well I couldn't feel sorry for her before she decided to shape the story to her favor and I definitely can't now. The first thing Will said to her was that she would not be alone that they were in this together, he even offered to marry her, but interestingly enough she is sharing none of this with Rafe.
Sure. But she also just got completely attacked by Sami who called her every name in the book and insisted that her son was completely innocent. I can understand why Gabi's first priority isn't protecting Will -- especially when Will made the decision to tell the truth at the worst moment possible and then took off.

Again, that's why I love this stuff. Everybody is making bad decisions and doing stupid things, but it's all believable and understandable (except of Sami's OTT attack yesterday) because of the emotions involved. So while I may not agree with Gabi not telling the whole story, I can totally understand it under the circumstances.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

For some reason Sami is reminding me of Laura Wright's Carly today.

AFaithL

cord08
Jan 15 2013, 01:30 PM
Will/Marlena!!
Thank you, Tomlin! Thank you!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply