Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 15 2013, 10:09 AM (10,153 Views)
elci525
Member Avatar

Ugh, Will and EJ - gag
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

It's been too long since the last Will/Marlena interaction. I hope he increasingly relies on her during this. It's never his mother he turns to at his most difficult moments and it shouldn't be now. Sami doesn't deserve to be that person.

AFaithL

JtSmarts
Jan 15 2013, 01:32 PM
For some reason Sami is reminding me of Laura Wright's Carly today.
Good. That's how she needs to be written.

Harmony233

Partnersincrime
Jan 15 2013, 01:29 PM
no more lucas in the episode
it for more time to pimp ej
that doesn't suprise me about lucas not being in the ep since the guy is pretty much written as a dayplayer RME

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

elci525
Jan 15 2013, 01:13 PM
So, right - Lucas just yelled at Will, and I suspect some will be unhappy. And ideally I would have loved for him to say you are right the custody battles sucked, I get it. And I think he does.

But this is what I have been feeling for the longest time now, since the reveal of Lucas going to prison for Will. And then I think of all Will has said regarding his upbringing. Not that Will is wrong. Not that his memories aren't valid. But I agree with Lucas that yeah, maybe he does need to be reminded of the sacrifices, b/c I don't think he remembers. There was a very real reason why Will needed to go to Switzerland - and it wasn't because that was part of some custody saga too. And for the custody battles that went on when Will was very young, once his parents agreed to joint custody, I do recall them trying to give their son a stable as home as they could provide. They often failed, and it must have been hard to see his parents get together again and fall apart. But a part of me really loves Lucas saying what he is saying right now - it's been what I have been wanting to yell at Will since I can remember.
The fact that Will showed more loyalty toward the man he tried to kill over the father that went to prison so he wouldn't have to and almost died as a result of going to prison IMHO has terribly hurt the character of Will. The fact that the previous writing team didn't utilize CM's strength acting wise to play Ej and get the upper hand on him truly destroyed everything that Will had been in my eyes. Will was loyal to his father and mother and all of a sudden he could care less about both, but was licking Ej's ass every time he could. I'm glad that Lucas called him out, it's about damn time someone does...

cord08

Ha, Gabi bringing up Rafe's baby scheme with Nicole. Everything is fitting together. Holy shit.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Sami is a hypocrite,she lied to Lucas and Austin about Will and she lied to EJ about Syndey,Grace or whatever.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Well, we can't accuse them of not addressing Rafe's record of willingness to claim another man's child(ren) anymore.

cord08

BB is sooo good at the controlling, masquerading as caring bit.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Excellent post LL, and so true.

I'm actually liking new Cameron.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Honeybees
Jan 15 2013, 01:22 PM
I'm loving EJ's gossip mongering and butting-in. He's pretty gleeful, and amused. JS is doing a good job, and having Johnny there is a nice touch.

But where's Allie?
She left half way through the wedding, high tailed out with her flower girl basket, never to be seen again....her own parents haven't noticed she's gone yet....lol

Angelsmile

esp13
Jan 15 2013, 01:31 PM
Angelsmile
Jan 15 2013, 01:27 PM
esp13
Jan 15 2013, 01:17 PM
Angelsmile
Jan 15 2013, 01:14 PM
Now, maybe we can all stop feeling so sorry for poor Gabi, being yelled at by evil Sami. She is straight out lying about Will to make herself the victim.
Doesn't stop me from having sympathy for her. One thing really has nothing to do with the other and, beyond that, Sami yelled first. I can't blame Gabi too much for feeling a bit defensive. Plus, as I said above, given all that was going on and what Will actually said, I don't find it too unbelievable that she believes Will wanted the abortion too.
Well I couldn't feel sorry for her before she decided to shape the story to her favor and I definitely can't now. The first thing Will said to her was that she would not be alone that they were in this together, he even offered to marry her, but interestingly enough she is sharing none of this with Rafe.
Sure. But she also just got completely attacked by Sami who called her every name in the book and insisted that her son was completely innocent. I can understand why Gabi's first priority isn't protecting Will -- especially when Will made the decision to tell the truth at the worst moment possible and then took off.

Again, that's why I love this stuff. Everybody is making bad decisions and doing stupid things, but it's all believable and understandable (except of Sami's OTT attack yesterday) because of the emotions involved. So while I may not agree with Gabi not telling the whole story, I can totally understand it under the circumstances.
From an emotional standpoint I enjoyed Sami's rant at Gabi. Will's been on his own having to stand against Gabi and Nick it felt good to see someone go all out on Will's side. Somehow it seems as if all of a sudden we are seeing innocent Gabi and saint Nick and everyone is worrying about them and how to take care of them and now Will is the lone bad guy.

cord08

CM's sad eyes are MAGNIFICENT. Good grief...literally.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Angelsmile
Jan 15 2013, 01:40 PM
esp13
Angelsmile
esp13

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Well I couldn't feel sorry for her before she decided to shape the story to her favor and I definitely can't now. The first thing Will said to her was that she would not be alone that they were in this together, he even offered to marry her, but interestingly enough she is sharing none of this with Rafe.
Sure. But she also just got completely attacked by Sami who called her every name in the book and insisted that her son was completely innocent. I can understand why Gabi's first priority isn't protecting Will -- especially when Will made the decision to tell the truth at the worst moment possible and then took off.

Again, that's why I love this stuff. Everybody is making bad decisions and doing stupid things, but it's all believable and understandable (except of Sami's OTT attack yesterday) because of the emotions involved. So while I may not agree with Gabi not telling the whole story, I can totally understand it under the circumstances.
From an emotional standpoint I enjoyed Sami's rant at Gabi. Will's been on his own having to stand against Gabi and Nick it felt good to see someone go all out on Will's side. Somehow it seems as if all of a sudden we are seeing innocent Gabi and saint Nick and everyone is worrying about them and how to take care of them and now Will is the lone bad guy.
Somehow I don't think that if Will had witnessed Sami's unhinged ranting he would have been thanking her.

Vicky4Mimi

Miss Rhi
Jan 15 2013, 01:26 PM
That Will/EJ hug freaked me out a bit.
I know, right. Creepy

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I knew it! I knew they'd have Marlena in Will's corner. And I like it when Marlena reminds us why she's an iconic character. DH does compassion and non judgment better than anyone. Now, I will feel better when people are giving Will a hard time because he's got someone in his corner.

And kudos for the writers for pointing out that Rafe role modeled baby lying for his little sister.

I haven't yet decided if we're dealing with Everett or EJ today.

And I wish that someone, anyone would point out that what Will/Gabi and Nick were going to do was just fine, if they had done it honestly and legally and with counseling. Giving up a child isn't turning your back on a kid, it's sacrificing for them. And open adoption is a real thing that is very good for all parties involved. I think Nick and Gabi's relationship is dysfunctional and that might put a glitch in the plans, but that doesn't mean that someone could express the sentiment.

AFaithL

If Sami is Carly, does that mean EJ is Todd Manning? It would be cool if EJ was written more like Todd, but that would require more shady-ness and general badassery --- something "Everett" is lacking.

And Marlena is Alexis -- complete with a professional career and multiple daughters who have issues

Angelsmile

cord08
Jan 15 2013, 01:41 PM
CM's sad eyes are MAGNIFICENT. Good grief...literally.
I know, I have been waiting for this reveal so that he could feel Sonny's wrath for lying to him and now I feel totally crushed for him. CM is good.

esp13
Member Avatar

Angelsmile
Jan 15 2013, 01:40 PM
esp13
Angelsmile
esp13

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Given Sami's rant at Gabi, I don't think that's true at all. Sami obviously thinks Gabi is the sole bad guy. And I have no problem with that. I have a problem with her cruelty in expressing it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

the all episode was how to force ej to will story

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply