Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Robin Strasser Joins OLTL Reboot!; UPDATE 1/16: Erika Slezak & Bob Woods Too?
Topic Started: Jan 15 2013, 10:51 AM (2,025 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/robin-strasser-joins-oltl-reboot

1/16 UPDATE:
Erika Slezak (Viki) on board? Bob Woods (Bo) approached with a deal?

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/01/16/source-one-life-to-live-has-secured-all-of-its-main-players
Edited by KMan101, Jan 16 2013, 08:57 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This is some good news... :cheer:

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Wow! This will be wild! Let's hope she becomes less like a cartoon vamp (hi, the past ten years) and more like the scheming manipulator that I fell in love with way back in 1993.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Awesome News!! Glad Robin Strasser's back as Dorian! Hopefully Erika Slezak(Viki) is next! Also def want back the following: Melissa Archer(Natalie), Ilene Kristen(Roxy), Hillary B. Smith(Nora), Robert S. Woods(Bo), Kassie DePaiva(Blair), Florencia Lozano(Téa), Ted King(Tomas), Peter Barlett(Nigel), Kelley Missal(Dani), Dan Gauthier(Kevin), Andrea Evans(Tina), John Loprieno(Cord), James DePaiva(Max), Laura Bonarrigo(Cassie), Jon-Paul Lavosier(Rex), Austin Williams(Shane), Erin Torpey(Jessica), Daphnee Duplaix(Rachel) & Tuc Watkins(David) to round out the cast. Already seen elsewhere that Farah Fath(Gigi) said she isn't going to OLTL, she said JPL wasn't either, but I've sen since that they've split up so I don't see how she can speak for him.
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Jan 15 2013, 11:40 AM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Great news. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Hope the whole cast will join!

Mason
Member Avatar

This is by far the best news yet as far as I'm concerned.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Mason
Jan 15 2013, 01:40 PM
Agreed! This is incredible. For me, Robin Strasser and Erika Slezak were the absolute best part of OLTL and those last few months without Dorian made the end feel even worse.

KMan101
Member Avatar

With Racina and Horgan, I can't say this shocked me, actually, but I am very very very happy about it as it seems like last time they might not have included her.

Mason
Member Avatar

Just keep Tuc Watkins the hell away from this.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Excellent news! The only news that could top this is the announcement that Slezak is joining. OLTL isn't OLTL without Viki and Dorian.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 15 2013, 03:14 PM
Just keep Tuc Watkins the hell away from this.
I'd really hope Racina and Horgan would write David the correct way. Not the man child cartoon he became.

But if not then yes, I agree. Keep him away.

I'd imagine Erika could be very unsure of the whole thing or has been quiet because she's been in negotiations and was waiting until the WGA deal was announced :shrug: I'm just speculating. I just can't imagine her or Kassie not signing on but stranger things have happened.

I'd like to see Dan Gauthier brought back as Kevin. Andrea Evans and John Loprieno would be awesome. If HBS and RW only want to recur, let them recur and have Tina and Cord "take their place" (not literally but you guys know what I mean).

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Well I'm officially on board now! So excited!

six
Member Avatar

Casey
Jan 15 2013, 02:56 PM
Mason
Jan 15 2013, 01:40 PM
Agreed! This is incredible. For me, Robin Strasser and Erika Slezak were the absolute best part of OLTL and those last few months without Dorian made the end feel even worse.
Agreed. If it came down to it that no one besides ES and RS signed on, and the show only featured those two, I'd still watch everyday. lol.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I really hope we hear more about who's going to be on. We keep hearing "the casts are nearly set" but yet we have very few people announced. That part concerns me. I get things are still likely being worked out and I'm sure many actors don't want their names announced yet for probably very valid reasons so ... I guess I'm just being a little impatient. I mean, it's really only been a month since plans were leaked. I actually give them credit for accomplishing so much.

I'm still cautious, don't get me wrong ...

I don't Tweet but has anyone asked Strasser about Erika? I know actors likely won't discuss it but I'm really wanting Erika to join. OLTL without Viki just seems so wrong. I can probably do without Susan on AMC for now though. Funnily enough. I guess because I know I'll see Susan Lucci all over the place and I'll likely try to watch Devious Maids, though I'm NOT thrilled it's sounding like Marc Cherry is just ripping off Desperate Housewives, at least in the beginning. BTW, I think filming has been taking place for the show (Devious Maids, not AMC, lol) (it was in TVGuide a week or two ago that filming was going on, I think in Atlanta but I could be wrong) so that could be why Susan is so hush hush about everything, or just unable to commit to anything. We'll see.
Edited by KMan101, Jan 16 2013, 09:53 AM.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Awesome, Dorian needs to be back on screen.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

KMan101
Jan 16 2013, 09:48 AM
I really hope we hear more about who's going to be on. We keep hearing "the casts are nearly set" but yet we have very few people announced. That part concerns me. I get things are still likely being worked out and I'm sure many actors don't want their names announced yet for probably very valid reasons so ... I guess I'm just being a little impatient. I mean, it's really only been a month since plans were leaked. I actually give them credit for accomplishing so much.

I'm still cautious, don't get me wrong ...

I don't Tweet but has anyone asked Strasser about Erika? I know actors likely won't discuss it but I'm really wanting Erika to join. OLTL without Viki just seems so wrong. I can probably do without Susan on AMC for now though. Funnily enough. I guess because I know I'll see Susan Lucci all over the place and I'll likely try to watch Devious Maids, though I'm NOT thrilled it's sounding like Marc Cherry is just ripping off Desperate Housewives, at least in the beginning. BTW, I think filming has been taking place for the show (Devious Maids, not AMC, lol) (it was in TVGuide a week or two ago that filming was going on, I think in Atlanta but I could be wrong) so that could be why Susan is so hush hush about everything, or just unable to commit to anything. We'll see.
As long as Farah Fath is not a part of the reboot I am fine with it. I could not stand Gigi and don't want her back on Days either.

KMan101
Member Avatar

She won't be. She wasn't even asked LOL.

She was all bitchy about it on Twitter to someone who asked her.

Nate
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jan 16 2013, 01:17 PM
She won't be. She wasn't even asked LOL.

She was all bitchy about it on Twitter to someone who asked her.
LMAO. haha!

Not Farah Faith's biggest fan...

KMan101
Member Avatar

According to Showbiz 411, Erika Slezak is onboard and they made an offer to Bob Woods.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/01/16/source-one-life-to-live-has-secured-all-of-its-main-players

Tammy
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jan 16 2013, 08:56 PM
According to Showbiz 411, Erika Slezak is onboard and they made an offer to Bob Woods.

With these 4 JVD, RS, RSW & ES I am 80% happy... give me HBS and I am on board!!!! :rockon:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply