Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Robin Strasser Joins OLTL Reboot!; UPDATE 1/16: Erika Slezak & Bob Woods Too?
Topic Started: Jan 15 2013, 10:51 AM (2,022 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/robin-strasser-joins-oltl-reboot

1/16 UPDATE:
Erika Slezak (Viki) on board? Bob Woods (Bo) approached with a deal?

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/01/16/source-one-life-to-live-has-secured-all-of-its-main-players
Edited by KMan101, Jan 16 2013, 08:57 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Daytime
Member Avatar

More OLTL Casting News!

Quote:

Digest has learned that a casting call has been placed for the contract roles of Matthew Buchanan and Destiny, for Prospect Park's online reboot of OLTL. The parts were previously played by Eddie Alderson and Shenell Edmonds, respectively, until the show's ABC finale. The call also includes the character of Billy, described as "Caucasian, 30s, ruggedly handsome. Charming yet na´ve when it comes to relationships. He falls in love first and thinks second. He is a man of strong values who puts family before all else." From 1992-93, Ryan Phillippe portrayed daytime's first gay teen in the role of Billy Douglas, but it's unclear whether the role is for the same part.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/more-oltl-casting-news

KMan101
Member Avatar

Glad they're recasting Destiny and Matthew. Well not Matthew but I figured Eddie Alderson has moved on.

Interesting about the casting call for Billy. I hope it is a recast of the Billy Douglas character.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

KMan101
Jan 16 2013, 08:56 PM
According to Showbiz 411, Erika Slezak is onboard and they made an offer to Bob Woods.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/01/16/source-one-life-to-live-has-secured-all-of-its-main-players
Yay!!!! :cart: :cart: :cart: :cart: :cart:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Glad to hear about Slezak and Woods. Hope it's made official soon.

I'm glad Destiny is being recast. Edmonds was just terrible. I'll miss Alderson as Matthew though. He had great chemistry with Woods and Smith.

I think it would be very random for Hogan and Racina to bring Billy Douglas back after all these years. It's probably somebody else.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

KMan101
Jan 16 2013, 01:17 PM
She won't be. She wasn't even asked LOL.

She was all bitchy about it on Twitter to someone who asked her.
She truly is bitchy, who would want stank a$$ back, not me.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 17 2013, 12:03 PM
Glad to hear about Slezak and Woods. Hope it's made official soon.

I'm glad Destiny is being recast. Edmonds was just terrible. I'll miss Alderson as Matthew though. He had great chemistry with Woods and Smith.

I think it would be very random for Hogan and Racina to bring Billy Douglas back after all these years. It's probably somebody else.
See, for me, it's just the opposite: I enjoyed Edmonds while Eddie Alderson, even though he was in the role of Matthew for over ten years, never was a favorite of mine. The actor seemed as "green" when the show ended in 2012, as he did when he started in 2001. He also had poor enunciation and never seemed to be improving.

Austin Williams, on the other hand, showed more acting growth in his short five years, than Alderson did in his decade-long run. But like I said, that's just me and I am in a minority here.

Back to Strasser: I wonder what significant event is going to transpire and have Dorian Lord relocated from Europe and back to Llanview? Isn't she serving as a U.S. Senator in Stockholm or something? A political scandal, I am sure. This could be really good, especially if it's done with class and precision and not something tongue-in-cheek and meant as a play for laughs.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Jan 18 2013, 10:43 AM

Back to Strasser: I wonder what significant event is going to transpire and have Dorian Lord relocated from Europe and back to Llanview? Isn't she serving as a U.S. Senator in Stockholm or something? A political scandal, I am sure. This could be really good, especially if it's done with class and precision and not something tongue-in-cheek and meant as a play for laughs.

Dorian moved to Washington to replace the U.S. senator from Pennsylvania, who had to resign after a sex scandal.
Edited by Tammy, Jan 20 2013, 08:01 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Susie Bedsow Horgan has been putting pictures of her and Thom on Facebook as they work on OLTL.

The latest picture has a cast list. But who knows if it's an actual list of who they're writing for or who was just there towards the end that was important?

Posted Image

I was looking at her comments, Maxine Levinson (wasn't she EP of OLTL at one point? Or someone important?) commented and Colleen Zenk liked it. It's nice they are all so supportive of each other and the industry. I miss Colleen Zenk. She needs to be on a soap!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm trying to read the names on the last. The only names I could make out were Dorian, David, Tea, Blair, Matthew, Destiny and MAYBE(?) Kevin.

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 21 2013, 06:15 PM
I'm trying to read the names on the last. The only names I could make out were Dorian, David, Tea, Blair, Matthew, Destiny and MAYBE(?) Kevin.
I saw those (minus Kevin) as well as Clint and Jack.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm pretty sure this is the list

Dorian
David
Clint
Natalie + John
Dani (?)
Matthew
Jack
Bo
Nora
crossed out name
Tea
Blair
Rama
Cutter
Destiny
can't make out the last name/words

Rama and Cutter I got from SON. It seems like it's an 'R' and a 'C' and though maybe Tina and Cord? Stretching it, I know LOL.

Viki's not on the list but it seems cut off starting with Dorian so ...

interesting if true. Cast is rumored to be anywhere between 15-18 contract members. The list fits that. And plus, if it's a list of who was on at the end, it's not complete and includes Dorian who wasn't. So ... interesting list.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I wonder if the crossed off name above Tea could be Todd. Would make sense. Maybe Tomas.

KMan101
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 21 2013, 06:29 PM
I wonder if the crossed off name above Tea could be Todd. Would make sense. Maybe Tomas.
That's what I was assuming. Or Starr? :shrug:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm a little surprised to see Cutter and Rama among the list. Really? I didn't exactly mind them when the show was on ABC, but with a smaller focused cast, I don't see why they should have a place on it.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Some zoomed in and sharpened the list, here's what it says:

1. Dorian 60s
2. David 40s
3. Clint 60s
4. Natalie + John 30s
5. Dani (can't make out her age)
6. Matthew 20s
7. Jack 18
8. Bo 50s
9. Nora 50s
crossed out
10. Tea
11. Blair 40s
13. Rama 20s
14. Cutter (can't make out age, 20s or 30s)
15. Destiny 20s
16. Jeffrey King 20s Black + British

SETS
Palace hotel (Todd is listed with a room)
Angel Square (Destiny is listed next to it. I think Tea too)
Bo's (can't make out the other word)
Dorian's
Lord Library
Capricorn
? (seems like in parentheses it says diner)
BE Office (plus word I can't make out)

Then next to the names is

3 STORIES
1 Viki/Dorian

KMan101
Member Avatar

So I might take it to assume that the "Billy" casting call could have been for Cutter? I hope not. I'd rather see Josh Kelly back. They can't recast everyone LOL

I'm kinda bothered not seeing Viki on the list but at least she and Dorian are the first to be listed under "3 Stories" "1 Viki/Dorian"

As it should be. Maybe it's just a "given" Viki and Erika are apart of it? No need to list her? LOL
Edited by KMan101, Jan 21 2013, 06:54 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

http://z6.ifrm.com/8164/16/0/p1029274/12.jpg

Tammy
Member Avatar

Lord help me I am starting to get excited! lol

Tammy
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jan 21 2013, 06:55 PM
They have Matthew in his 20's????

What does #16 say? Does it say Jeffery King - Black & British? :blink:

And I don't see Viki on that list... or am I missing it?
Edited by Tammy, Jan 21 2013, 07:00 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Viki's not on the list. Hmm. Worries me, though I think I've made out "Banner" next to BE Offices.

Matthew technically IS older than Dani and Jack. However he looked younger or about the same age so it's going to be strange. Especially seeing an older recast Destiny. Shenell Edmonds looked SO young next to them and seemed far too young to be seen as a young mother.

Yep, Jeffrey King is black and british LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply