Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Downton Abbey Season 4
Topic Started: Jan 15 2013, 03:48 PM (4,268 Views)
lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Maggie Smith returning to DOWNTON ABBEY for Season 4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Jan 15 2013, 03:48 PM
Maggie Smith returning to DOWNTON ABBEY for Season 4
I was mad that the US audience has to wait another year for season 4 and 5 to broadcast on PBS>

Tammy
Member Avatar

Seasons 4 and 5 have already been made??? How old is this show that they are this far behind in the US?

Evan
Member Avatar

Brendan Coyle(Bates) is also returning for Season 4, along with the actress who plays Bate's wife

natdot99
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jan 15 2013, 09:40 PM
Seasons 4 and 5 have already been made??? How old is this show that they are this far behind in the US?
British and United States programming have a different set of rules. The FCC regulates television programming.
United States television programs are sold under the concept of budget deficiting.
I think legal issues and programming structure have to be formatted before it broadcast on PBS in the US.

outrageous
Member Avatar

I love Maggie Smith! Downton Abbey is one of my favorite shows ever.

Bremol
Member Avatar

Season/Series 5 has not been made yet. Season/Series 4 will start filming in February. It will air some time in the fall in the UK and in January here in the US. I've read rumors that there will be a Season/Series 5, but I haven't seen anything concrete, although I have read that some of the cast has signed on for Season/Series 5. That doesn't mean there will be one though. The articles have only confirmed that there will definitely be a Season/Series 4.
Edited by Bremol, Jan 23 2013, 07:13 PM.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Lily James, who played Lady Violet's troublemaking great niece Rose, will be a series regular for Season 4. Among other new faces set to pop up in Season 4 is that of Lady Mary's new love interest, a role which has not yet been cast.

Tammy
Member Avatar

So we will have to wait a YEAR to see season 4 in the US right? Ugh I don't know if I can stand it lmao.

Bremol
Member Avatar

Yes, we have to wait a year, but by the time season 4 airs in the UK, they will have waited a year between seasons as well. I'm not sure why everyone is acting like the US viewers are the only ones having to wait a year between seasons.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Tammy
Feb 24 2013, 05:06 PM
So we will have to wait a YEAR to see season 4 in the US right? Ugh I don't know if I can stand it lmao.
Your not the only one, :frustration:
I wonder how much editing was done to make it okay to be viewed on PBS in the states.
I hope they give Lady Edith a new love interest as well, i couldn't stand it when they kept giving her men twice her age, :soapbox:

Tammy
Member Avatar

Everyone says that the episodes that air in the US are severely edited... how long are the ones that air in the UK?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episodes in the UK are generally an hour long (except for special 2 hour episodes and whatnot). However, DA airs on ITV with commercials, so each episode clocks in at about 45 minutes or so without them. ITV is one of the primary UK TV networks/channels (alongside BBC-One, Channel 4, Channel 5, and SKY1). Only BBC-One (and it's sister channels BBC-Two & BBC-Three) are commercial free because they're state supported via television taxes. At least that's how I understand it. lol
Edited by Matt, Feb 26 2013, 09:41 AM.

Bremol
Member Avatar

Tammy
Feb 25 2013, 05:30 PM
Everyone says that the episodes that air in the US are severely edited... how long are the ones that air in the UK?

Actually the US episodes have added scenes (nothing is cut) due to the fact that PBS doesn't have commercials. The only episode that didn't have any scenes added was the Christmas Special/Series finale.
Edited by Bremol, Feb 26 2013, 09:46 AM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Bremol
Feb 26 2013, 09:44 AM
Tammy
Feb 25 2013, 05:30 PM

Actually the US episodes have added scenes (nothing is cut) due to the fact that PBS doesn't have commercials. The only episode that didn't have any scenes added was the Christmas Special/Series finale.
That is why I was wondering how long UK episodes were since PBS doesn't have commercials lol. ;)

Tammy
Member Avatar

I just read that the show will have it's first black character coming in season 4!

natdot99
Member Avatar

The actor who plays O'Brien is not coming back for season four.
I hope Lady Edith finds a husband or least think about going to college.

bygnedys

I am so ready for the new shows of Downton Abbey to begin!

Tammy
Member Avatar

I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :cheer:

bygnedys

Downton Abbey returns to PBS tonight at 8 pm. central standard time!!! :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply