Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Downton Abbey Season 4
Topic Started: Jan 15 2013, 03:48 PM (4,758 Views)
bygnedys

Gosh, I keep getting the characters names wrong. I need to get a refresher course on them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

How much ya want to bet Anna ends up pregnant? :shame:

natdot99
Member Avatar

I would have married Lord Gilliam in a heartbeat, because it seems like Mary will mourn Matthew for the rest of her life.
I am also glad that Mary is standing up for herself in regards to DA.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I think it's just as likely Edith will end up pregnant.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jan 16 2014, 03:13 PM
Was Bates not being able to father a child (because of an injury) something that was brought up earlier? I feel like he can't have kids, but I'm fuzzy on it. That would certainly increase the odds of Anna being pregnant. I just hope we're not looking at a "back alley abortion that results in Anna's death " storyline.

Between Braithwaite and the fired nanny, I feel like something terrible is going to happen and the suspects are lining up.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Ophelia
Jan 21 2014, 12:00 AM
Tammy
Was Bates not being able to father a child (because of an injury) something that was brought up earlier? I feel like he can't have kids, but I'm fuzzy on it. That would certainly increase the odds of Anna being pregnant. I just hope we're not looking at a "back alley abortion that results in Anna's death " storyline.
I honestly don't remember.

Bremol
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jan 21 2014, 08:20 PM
Ophelia
Jan 21 2014, 12:00 AM
Tammy
I honestly don't remember.
Nothing has ever been said about Bates being able or not able to father a child. As a matter of fact, babies have never been talked about between the two at all. This is the first time anything has been said about Anna and pregnancy.

Spoiler: click to toggle

spartan
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jan 20 2014, 10:28 AM
Oooh. I never thought of that. I hope not though. Edith was already humiliated at the altar. I don't want to see her go through more at this point.

I just feel so badly for Anna. :'( And Bates has no idea what is wrong so I feel badly for him as well. :'(

GAH!!

Tammy
Member Avatar

So far other then the assault on Anna, for me anyways, this season has been a little bland so far.

Mason
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jan 25 2014, 12:22 AM
So far other then the assault on Anna, for me anyways, this season has been a little bland so far.
My two biggest issues with Season 4 are that there's been a lot of talk about the Downton business, but little, if anything, has actually happened. I feel like Robert, Tom and Mary have been having the same conversation since the season began. Also, it seems like more airtime than ever before is being devoted to my least favorite segment of the show, the Jimmy/Ivy/Alfred/Daisy group, whose characters are all so interchangeable that it's impossible for me to be interested in any of them.

Tammy
Member Avatar

There was quite a bit of humor on yesterdays show, I liked it. Maggie Smith was cracking me up.

I don't know what to make of this new ladies maid. I can't tell if she's a "good guy" or a "bad guy" lol.

Ugh, and here I was hoping that Alfred was going away to be a chef.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I would not be opposed to a series consisting sole of the Duchess & Isobel alone on a road trip.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jan 25 2014, 12:22 AM

LOL, i felt the same way. I like they are repeating the same conversation over and over again. I think the man Lady Edith was interested in is never coming back to England.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 29 2014, 07:17 PM
I would not be opposed to a series consisting sole of the Duchess & Isobel alone on a road trip.
You know what makes me sad? Is that I know before this series ends Maggie Smith will be gone, you know the Duchess can't live forever! :(

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Tammy
Jan 30 2014, 05:14 PM
Matt
Jan 29 2014, 07:17 PM
You know what makes me sad? Is that I know before this series ends Maggie Smith will be gone, you know the Duchess can't live forever! :(
I don't even want to think about this show without Maggie Smith.

:frownie:

Tammy
Member Avatar

Isobel: You so hate to be wrong!

Violet: I wouldn't know, I'm not familiar with the sensation! :roflol:

I couldn't read it because it was gone so fast, did Edith's note say she was pregnant?

Oh previews for next week... Lady Violet is sick... :'(
Edited by Tammy, Feb 2 2014, 09:58 PM.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Tammy
Feb 2 2014, 09:57 PM
Isobel: You so hate to be wrong!

Violet: I wouldn't know, I'm not familiar with the sensation! :roflol:

I couldn't read it because it was gone so fast, did Edith's note say she was pregnant?

Oh previews for next week... Lady Violet is sick... :'(

That scene with Lady Edith note went to fast, for me. I guess the writers wanted the viewers to make the assumption that she is pregnant. I think that the man she slept with is never coming back. He said he went to Germany but the PI wired back and stated that they could not find him.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

spartan
Jan 23 2014, 11:08 AM
JarlenaLante
Jan 20 2014, 10:28 AM
Oooh. I never thought of that. I hope not though. Edith was already humiliated at the altar. I don't want to see her go through more at this point.

I just feel so badly for Anna. :'( And Bates has no idea what is wrong so I feel badly for him as well. :'(

GAH!!
I feel so bad because while I know I should feel sympathy for Bates, I find that I don't. He's just so utterly mind numbingly dreary.

natdot99
Member Avatar

The man who raped Anna is just plain dumb. Bates has figured it out as well as the head maid.
Lady Edith needs the crap smacked out of her because she wants to give her child away is just plain dumb. It would have been better if she went to states had her baby and returned claiming the father had died from some tragic accident.

bygnedys

I guess I still miss Mathew, and too many new characters at once.

I am having trouble getting back into the "I have to watch every second feeling."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply