Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alison Sweeney MSN TV Buzz interview
Topic Started: Jan 15 2013, 04:12 PM (5,366 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

"They have been really torturing the fans! (laughs) I don't know if I'm supposed to say this, but yes, someone is going to - dare I say? - win. You are going to see Sami making a decision. I'm happy about it. We shot this four months ago, but now it's great to see the fans' reaction"

Do you think "you are going to see Sami making a decision" relates to the current storyline. If we take it on the current storyline what we have seen is Rafe making a decision.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

I am all for the Vampire storyline, if they can do a demon possessed Marlena than why not a vampire love story?? lol

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

tomsawyer
Jan 16 2013, 05:41 PM
lysie
Jan 16 2013, 05:39 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 16 2013, 05:37 PM
six
Jan 16 2013, 05:14 PM
So, what exactly has caused Lucas' senses to be heightened?
He's probably turned into a vampire.

Days seriously needs at least one vampire.
They really missed the boat with Molly Burnett's teeth.
And Ian's hairline. And mannerisms. And pretty much everything Ian.
Ian's eyebrow started in Salem and ended in Siberia.....bizarre....

I vote for a hybrid between a vampire, werewolf and zombie for Days....and if there is one character that can pull it off its a sorased Allie....I can see Johnny telling her that she's a bitch and she'll bite his head off, spit his fake eye ball out, light a match and throw it on what's left of him while she does one of those classic walks toward the camera as the fire rages behind her......GOOO Allie! I'm already a fan, lol....

six
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 16 2013, 06:20 PM
"They have been really torturing the fans! (laughs) I don't know if I'm supposed to say this, but yes, someone is going to - dare I say? - win. You are going to see Sami making a decision. I'm happy about it. We shot this four months ago, but now it's great to see the fans' reaction"

Do you think "you are going to see Sami making a decision" relates to the current storyline. If we take it on the current storyline what we have seen is Rafe making a decision.
I think she's talking about something that's coming soon. She sounds upbeat about whatever it is, and I'm not sure she'd tell us someone was "winning" when the agreement to reunite lasted approximately five hours.

concerned
Member Avatar

six
Jan 16 2013, 06:34 PM
concerned

I think she's talking about something that's coming soon. She sounds upbeat about whatever it is, and I'm not sure she'd tell us someone was "winning" when the agreement to reunite lasted approximately five hours.
I was meaning that Rafe has just decided that him and Sami are over due to her true colours.
i'm not even sure Sami is aware that they are never ever getting back together at this point.

She mentions in the interview that it was shot four months ago so surely that's not too far away surely they aren't six months ahead of air time.
I just find it interesting that Ali seems to think Sami is the one making the decision.

Unless Rafe backtracks in the next week and decides he wants her regardless of her tantrums and hypocrisy and tendency to call his sister a "b" it looks like Sami has a choice of Ej or EJ.
Edited by concerned, Jan 16 2013, 06:53 PM.

six
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 16 2013, 06:50 PM
six
concerned

I was meaning that Rafe has just decided that him and Sami are over due to her true colours.
i'm not even sure Sami is aware that they are never ever getting back together at this point.

She mentions in the interview that it was shot four months ago so surely that's not too far away surely they aren't six months ahead of air time.
I just find it interesting that Ali seems to think Sami is the one making the decision.
Oh, well I definitely don't think it's that, then. AS isn't the type to be publicly cheerful about the end of one of her pairings. And by upcoming, I mean within the next few weeks.

spartan
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 16 2013, 06:50 PM
six
concerned

Unless Rafe backtracks in the next week and decides he wants her regardless of her tantrums and hypocrisy and tendency to call his sister a "b" it looks like Sami has a choice of Ej or EJ.
Quote:

[ they are never ever getting back together

Aaaand now I've got the Taylor Swift song stuck in my head. ^o) ^o)

Anyways, I vote for an uprising from all the Salem under twelve-ers. Allie can definitely be the ring leader but they all should participate in a little uprising. Let their dysfunctional upbringings culminate into something. Wreak havoc on the town of Salem as cute, precious little zombies. Ratings GOLD!

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

concerned
Jan 16 2013, 06:16 PM
mer4santo
Jan 16 2013, 05:45 PM
lysie
concerned

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
A zombie story would be PERFECT for the Hernandezes. And T.
The only way they could permanently get me to stop watching this show is if they introduced vampires, werewolves, zombies, and any creature of that genre. You'd think as a lover of unicorns I might like that stuff but it's an absolute NO.

Now you know.
What if it was a zombie Unicorn?

Victor's been keeping it in the stables ( I miss the stables) and Parker accidently releases it. (those troublesome two year olds)
Unfortunately its first victims are Jen and Dan.
No zombies. No, no, no!

Winterfaire

I read the interview and became ... happy because I believed it meant that we were finally going to see the EJ/Samantha romance that AS refers to never having been fully developed-- being fully developed (i.e. Sami choosing EJ).

Then, I reread the interview and realized she didn't actually say that. We readers still won't know "who Sami chooses," until she chooses. My hope and inclination is EJ, but with Days' production team...

Therapy, anyone?

concerned
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jan 16 2013, 07:42 PM
concerned
mer4santo
lysie

The only way they could permanently get me to stop watching this show is if they introduced vampires, werewolves, zombies, and any creature of that genre. You'd think as a lover of unicorns I might like that stuff but it's an absolute NO.

Now you know.

Victor's been keeping it in the stables ( I miss the stables) and Parker accidently releases it. (those troublesome two year olds)
No zombies. No, no, no!
Not even zombie EJ - sorry Everett.

esp13
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jan 16 2013, 07:42 PM
concerned
mer4santo
lysie

Now you know.

No zombies. No, no, no!
Come on. You loved my zombie unicorn avatar. You know you did.

outrageous
Member Avatar

It would have been nice to see Sami choose to remain single for a while and clear her head, then make a decision. Maybe have some flashbacks about all three men, one in particular standing out in her mind. Addressing all the issues with all three. I think going that way would have gained the GA's respect for her character. THEN she should make a decision and stick with it.

Regardless, I'm very happy with the interview.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

six
concerned

She's upbeat about everything. Afterall, she's a company girl.

camera shy

We already know she chooses EJ....that is after Rafe takes himself out the picture.....and we know EJ and Sami will have a lot of story....according to Ken Corday......and also know the big question will be does Sami still love Rafe or is EJ really the man for her? .....according to Ken Corday. AS never came straight out and said Ejami was going to happen as a real couple with Sami thinking of no one but EJ.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jan 16 2013, 11:29 PM
We already know she chooses EJ....that is after Rafe takes himself out the picture.....and we know EJ and Sami will have a lot of story....according to Ken Corday......and also know the big question will be does Sami still love Rafe or is EJ really the man for her? .....according to Ken Corday. AS never came straight out and said Ejami was going to happen as a real couple with Sami thinking of no one but EJ.
I don't see how it's "Rafe taking himself out of the picture" when the Safe break-up looks to be pretty darn mutual.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

I liked the interview, and it seems that EJami get the story the question is whether the story will be good? Either way, Ali and James have a unbeatable chemistry so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out! And the show needs a passionate couple who can stir the pot. IMO

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 16 2013, 11:38 PM
camera shy
Jan 16 2013, 11:29 PM
I don't see how it's "Rafe taking himself out of the picture" when the Safe break-up looks to be pretty darn mutual.
if rafe was worship sami ass and agree with everthing sami said sami was still with rafe its not like rafe want to be sami and sami does not want to be with him

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

I'm strangely OK with a zombie story on Days. If it doesn't involve Nicole's zombie babies, I'll make do with Rafe as one. Hopefully he manages to attack Gabi, Dan, and Jennifer before he's put down.

As for the interview, I have to tie Ali bringing up the fact that the EJ/Sami lovestory has never been properly told before to the fact that she says she's excited about the upcoming story. Frankly I don't see what would be exciting about returning to Sami/Rafe with evil EJ looming in the background, how many times has that been rehashed now? Sami and Rafe never worked because they were completely dependent on EJ for any kind of storyline, and honestly Rafe doesn't work because he has got absolutely nothing going on without both Sami and EJ to prop him. Hope managed to make Rafe interesting to me the other day but that's only because she was yelling at him and pushing back when he was ready to run roughshod over the law and assault Chad.

elci525
Member Avatar

Oh whatever, put EJ and Sami together and be done with it. I hate them so much, I mean HATE, and EJ has forever ruined Sami in my opinion, but whatever. What I hate more are tired triangles and all this talk about EJ and Sami never getting a true story or a story they deserved, never fully developed, etc. I understand and sympathize with fans of the pairing that feel they have never seen their couple in a storyline that made them the rooting couple, or gave them a glimmer of hope for longevity. And that is fine - understood. But from this non-fan's POV, it's been EJ and Sami 24/7 (24/5?) for six years. So just fully develop the story already and be done with it. And then we can see it crash and burn or not, ebb and flow or not, succeed beyond all hope or not, or springboard NEW storyline possibilities - which is really the best I can hope for. Just open the flood gates, and I feel like we can start fresh ("fresh").

As for someone winning and Sami making a choice, it seems pretty clear that will be EJ, but I am not sure how long any man can win with her or on this show. And I say that honestly. Yes, the Safe disunion seems mutual, but it took very extenuating circumstances for Sami and Rafe to be on such bitter, opposite sides in a battle, or to have their defenses up so high. This feels less like a choice to me and more like a violent tearing apart, a violent chasming (just made up a new verb). Although, actually, the truths that Safe have shared this week have probably been lingering for some time, and for Rafe's sake I am glad he has seen how down-in-the-mud nasty Sami can be (not hypocritical, not selfish, not rootably conniving, not hilariously deranged and deliciously delusional - just flat-out nasty). So that in a sense does sort of just leave EJ. So I think the winning or the decision making means an end to a triangle, and Sami being a one-man woman for awhile. Or it relates to whatever happens next week when EJ pulls away from Sami - maybe the decision is to take things slow. Whatever. Just get on with it and let's move on.

And I also didn't hate this interview. AS's interviews usually depress me so this was no exception, and her cheery-pollyanna-sunshine-all-the-time attitude grates on me. But I can appreciate her professionalism. And for better or worse, she was the reason I started watching this silly show years ago (well, Sami and Lucas together, but anyway), and for most of that time, I loved her. Didn't love to hate, just loved. Things have changed in recent years unfortunately, but I can recognize that for an entire generation of viewers, she is the face of the show, and I guess that is an accomplishment indeed.
Edited by elci525, Jan 17 2013, 09:02 AM.

six
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jan 16 2013, 11:18 PM
six
concerned

She's upbeat about everything. Afterall, she's a company girl.
"Spoiling" something that already ended isn't in line with being a "company girl." And while I've never seen her bash a story, she hasn't been upbeat in every interview, either.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply