Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Publicity Photos: NB, LK, FS, CD, JM, KM, NO, PM; Updated 1/22
Topic Started: Jan 15 2013, 07:02 PM (7,946 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Bjorlin and Mansi's pictures look cheap as hell.

Koslow's picture could've been good if they were closer to her. The whole body shot wasn't needed.

Smith looks great in his picture. His face looks more chiseled. Has someone been working out?

There's more personality in that picture of Deidrick as Chad than the character's shown in almost 4 years.

Mascolo's age is finally catching up to him. He doesn't look good at all.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michr544125

DrewHamilton
Jan 15 2013, 07:33 PM
Bjorlin and Mansi's pictures look cheap as hell.

Koslow's picture could've been good if they were closer to her. The whole body shot wasn't needed.

Smith looks great in his picture. His face looks more chiseled. Has someone been working out?

There's more personality in that picture of Deidrick as Chad than the character's shown in almost 4 years.

Mascolo's age is finally catching up to him. He doesn't look good at all.
Freddie tweeted over the weekend that he lost 25 pounds :smile:

I think he looked great either way but I can't deny he looks incredible right now from how fit he is to the hair style.

Everybody looks amazing in these pictures. Nadia is just gorgeous. Casey looks amazing. Kate Mansi is gorgeous as well. I only wish I could look like Lauren Koslow when I am her age.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm not going to complain about who I got pictures because I love Joe Mascolo, Kate Mansi, and Lauren Koslow. Of course I'm not going to like every person that gets pictures. I also don't mind FS but he doesn't blow me away. Same with Nadia. I'm pretty sure any time they're taking pictures they are going to want to show her off.

There's probably more to come. These aren't the best group of pictures. The three other pics of Kate Mansi all look better than that one, as far as I can tell. Joe Mascolo actually looks great. Haven't seen him looking that good in a while. The cheap ass background does no favors for anyone and why are they even showing it to us like that? Makes it look even more terrible.

WowItsJustine
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 15 2013, 07:07 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 15 2013, 07:04 PM
Ugh! Those are horrible photos of NB, CD and KM. And it takes real effort to make those three look bad.
I agree and didn't really care for any except maybe Joe Mascolo. The background reminds me of elementary school picture day.
I was wondering what the background reminded me of.That's it.
The only thing that could make it more of a crappy background was if the background was the late 1980's/early 1990's laser background that all school pictures had.
Edited by WowItsJustine, Jan 16 2013, 12:36 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Those fuchsia/purple background don't do ANYONE any damn favors. Those autumn gold/brown backgrounds definitely do look like something from school picture day. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a giant wagon wheel laying around just out of frame. Joe Mascolo has lost a LOT of weight. And it doesn't exactly look exactly good. I mean, he doesn't look *bad*, but... um... he almost looks a little frail.

Sparrow

Freddie does look good. He looks older, but in a good way. I don't really think he needed to lose that much weight, and I hope no one was putting pressure on him to do so. I mean... I lost that much weight last year, but I needed to and dropped like 3 dress sizes. He was a nice, healthy-looking size to me. I can see him maybe wanting to lose 10 lbs. Maybe. 25-30 is a lot. Ugh. I hate Hollywood.

I like the picture of Nadia. A normal, human skin color looks good on her. Orange is so not her color.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 15 2013, 08:37 PM
Those fuchsia/purple background don't do ANYONE any damn favors. Those autumn gold/brown backgrounds definitely do look like something from school picture day. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a giant wagon wheel laying around just out of frame. Joe Mascolo has lost a LOT of weight. And it doesn't exactly look exactly good. I mean, he doesn't look *bad*, but... um... he almost looks a little frail.
And they're missing the fake fence for someone to lean on.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Nadia and Freddie are the only decent ones.

Good to see Joe with a new picture.

lysie
Member Avatar

It's like every time they switch photographers, they downgrade.

Will&Sonny

Sparrow
Jan 15 2013, 08:45 PM
Freddie does look good. He looks older, but in a good way. I don't really think he needed to lose that much weight, and I hope no one was putting pressure on him to do so. I mean... I lost that much weight last year, but I needed to and dropped like 3 dress sizes. He was a nice, healthy-looking size to me. I can see him maybe wanting to lose 10 lbs. Maybe. 25-30 is a lot. Ugh. I hate Hollywood.
I'm not sure if Hollywood can really be blamed in this case. If you look at james0479's avatar picture on the first page of this thread, it's clear that Freddie Smith was once much more lean and muscular than he is on Days (unless there's just a lot of airbrushing going on in that photograph).

I'm not sure if Freddie's weight gain was due to some sort of illness/medication, as some have speculated (I think that it's always been nothing more than speculation, as far as I'm aware, but sometimes there is truth in speculation), or if he's one of those people who has to constantly work to maintain that type of body and had simply stopped putting in that work for whatever reason (being too busy, complacency due to having a steady job now, or whatever the case may be), but in any case, the weight loss that he's recently reported on Twitter (and that we'll be seeing on-screen soon enough) could have been entirely his choice, based on a desire to get back into the shape that he was once in, as opposed to being a result of pressure from six-pack-obsessed Hollywood executives.

After all, if he were really being pressured, one would think that those who were applying the pressure would have started doing so a few months before Will and Sonny made love for the first time, so that Freddie's body would have been in the shape that those people wanted it to be in before that pivotal scene was filmed.

Of course, if I'm wrong and Freddie really is receiving pressure from some shallow executives somewhere, I can only hope that his trimmer physique will translate into more love scenes for Will and Sonny in the near future. Make it happen, writers!
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jan 15 2013, 10:39 PM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Joe Mascolo looks great!

Ellie

The rest of the pics:

Nadia

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ellie

Lauren

Posted Image

Ellie

Freddie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ellie

Casey

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ellie

Kate Mansi

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ellie

Joe Mascolo

Posted Image

Posted Image

cord08

There is such a disconnect between the pictures of KM and the character she plays. These poses are of the sexier variety, and Abby is a virgin. LOL. KM is definitely gorgeous, though. (I still wish they'd let her go back to dark hair).

Ana75
Member Avatar

Nadia is sexy and stunning as always!!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The pictures of Kate Mansi where she is seated are good and the best of the bunch.

Some of the other ones would be decent if they had a better background.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply